Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Bins

Options
  • 02-02-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with Greyhound? Recycling bins out since Friday morning and no sign of them collecting it. Lots of neighbors in the same boat. A few bins have even been blown over due to the windy conditions. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you ring them to enquire? Maybe they won't pick up during the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Ring them??..no phone number, Customer Care e-mail only and allow 2 working days to respond :mad:. they have often missed the pick up on Friday but would usually get a text apologising and telling us that they will pick it up on Saturday which they do but nothing this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's phone numbers on the contact page
    http://greyhound.ie/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

gifted wrote: »
    Ring them??..no phone number, Customer Care e-mail only and allow 2 working days to respond :mad:. they have often missed the pick up on Friday but would usually get a text apologising and telling us that they will pick it up on Saturday which they do but nothing this time.

If this has happened before would you not just chance to someone else. I never had any problems with city bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

If this has happened before would you not just chance to someone else. I never had any problems with city bin.

Agreed, city bin are very reliable for me. I see quite a few have switched to greyhound so i expect they are cheaper but you get what you pay for -poor customer service and unreliable service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Not with Greyhound but some neighbours are, they left out their bins last Tuesday at 9am, Greyhound did not collect them until 10-30pm that night, Im with Barna Waste, left my bins out at 9am and they were empty at 10 am.
    I have noticed that Greyhound are getting later and later and in some cases dont come on the collection day which causes problems with bins blown over in the current storms. Very poor service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Not with Greyhound but some neighbours are, they left out their bins last Tuesday at 9am, Greyhound did not collect them until 10-30pm that night, Im with Barna Waste, left my bins out at 9am and they were empty at 10 am.
    I have noticed that Greyhound are getting later and later and in some cases dont come on the collection day which causes problems with bins blown over in the current storms. Very poor service.

I'm with City Bin. Put the bins out at 8am on Thursday monring and they are guaranteed to be emptied by 9 a.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

Citybin can be earlier than that. Got caught out by some very early collections. Learned to put them out the night before. Very reliable though. Moved since and was stuck with the council and now Barna. So far so good though.

Herself finally got talking to someone today and the woman was useless, told herself that she will try and find out what was wrong and within 5 seconds said that it was a logistical problem...herself asked what was that and she was told the truck broke down FFS :mad:.
    Herself asked when would they be collected and the woman said she didn't know.
    Herself asked will she leave the bins out and the woman said yes and that they will be collected but it could be Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday.

We were with Barna and when our contract finishes with Greyhound then we will be going back to Barna

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Some of our neighbours switched that time all the lovely greyhound sales people were knocking on doors every night for a week. The bins have never been collected before lunch and often aren't until the next day. One of the trucks drove up on the grass in the communal area and dug it all up. I wouldn't mind, but I'd just paid my maintenance fee to keep the place looking good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It doesn't affect me as I'm in a bag area and use City Bin all the time, but if you check the Consumer and Dublin forums on Boards there are a lot of threads about Greyhound.

Still not collected, brought ours back in because of the storm coming and most of the neighbours have as well...Roll on Barna..feck greyhound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Do they have a Facebook page? Post it up there and if others are getting the same treatment they won't be long rowing in posting too and the Company should reply and act on it if they're any good. Facebook's useful for an odd thing! ;)

They arrived last Wednesday evening, 5 days late, but they collected the rubbish and compost bins on Friday. Still going back to Barna when the contract runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

Looking at my neighbors lonely Greyhound Bin waiting to be picked for over a week now, I'm starting to feel sorry for it, all the other bins get put out at night, collected first thing in the morning and taken back in, but not this little guy, he's been waiting in the wind and rain, day and night, but nobody comes to pick him up:(

On the other hand, I'm getting a great kick out of seeing my neighbor come home, and in great hope, lifts the lid to see if its been emptied yet? then slams it down and storms into the house mumbeling something about f***ing greyhounds, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

They arrived last Wednesday evening, 5 days late, but they collected the rubbish and compost bins on Friday. Still going back to Barna when the contract runs out.

If they are in breach of contract (not providing you with the service you have paid for/signed up for) then you don't need to wait for your contract to run out to change companies.

If they are in breach of contract (not providing you with the service you have paid for/signed up for) then you don't need to wait for your contract to run out to change companies.

Thats true but would be a huge battle to get the money owed to me back from them :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Make sure you cancel your DD with the bank when you cancel with them.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Make sure you cancel your DD with the bank when you cancel with them.

Good point, but we paid in a lump sum for the year. There gonna lose this customer anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

...we paid in a lump sum for the year.

is that normal? sure, they had ye over your unemptied bin from the day ye signed! I can't fault City Bin, reliable service from day one with friendly staff.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TheKaiserChief

So just wondering about Greyhound bins, aren't they meant to separate stuff like all the other bin companys?

I just spotted a greyhound bin emptying the brown and grey bin in to the same truck, same section with my neighbours bins.

Is this just laziness or is that they way it happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I've seen them empty all 3 bins into the same truck

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

Like a lot of people i changed from City Bin to Greyhound when they came Door Knocking offering a great service.After 6 months of a terrible service i have gone back to City Bins who had new bins outside my house within days. After many many E-mails Phone calls i finally managed for Greyhound to cancel my bins and collect there Bins. City bins have never let me down, Customer service is Brilliant.

Advertisement