Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasty eggs, where?

Options
  • 02-02-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know whereabouts in Dublin I could buy eggs that taste like proper eggs, like they used to taste?
    I've tried every brand and supplier in all the supermarkets: free range, organic, corn fed, every kind. But the only really flavoursome eggs i've eaten in the last decade were from an actual farm in Co Leitrim.
    (and ditto chickens, come to that: they just don't taste like they used to, no matter what kind you try)
    I would keep hens myself if I could: but the suburban gardens of Dublin are crowded with foxes (which I also love) so hens wouldn't last a day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Have you got a garden ? Try googling eggloo or igloo or something like that .. It's a little moveable hen house and run for about 2 or 3 hens ... Brother in law has one and it's way better than the wooden yoke I have... If you were in cork I could tell you stacks of places to get really good eggs, !!

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Head out the M1 & follow the signs for Ardgillan Castle (exit at Lissenhall or Balbriggan South). When you reach the Castle gates, head towards Barnageera & 150m down the road on your left will be Paddy Byrne's farm. Paddy sells the nicest organic hen & duck eggs from his farm door. He also has a stall at Skerries Mills market each Saturday.

Advertisement