Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Equipment Transportation

Options
  • 02-02-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

How do bands usually get their band equipment and drums to and from gigs?

Or do you usually use venue drums, amps etc.?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I use a big giant block of a ice, put the equipment on it and then slide it towards my destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

How do bands usually get their band equipment and drums to and from gigs?

Or do you usually use venue drums, amps etc.?

Any time I've played a gig we headlined we brought our own gear mainly as they were only small pubs.

Whenever supporting the drummer usually just brought his own snare and symbols and I brought my own amp just cause it had my settings all saved on it.

It's really up to yourself, I'd recommend calling the venue and asking or if you are playing with other bands, organise between you who brings what!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Well when my band played, The Academy, we had to bring everything basically, drum kit, amps and all!
    But The Academy is different to a pub gig!

Advertisement