Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Celbridge

Options
  • 02-02-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

We are thinking about buying in Celbridge and looking at St Raphaels Manor. It's a lovely house and looks like a lovely estate.

We did however take a drive in to the council estate opposite called Ballymakealy and Springfield and it looked dodgey. Btw please don't have a go at me for being a snob, I'm just bring practical. I understand robberies and anti social behaviour can happen anywhere but I want to lessen my chances.

Do any of you know about St Raphaels? Is it a good area? Or if you had the choice what area of Celbridge would you choose?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Celbridgeguy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057116627&page=4

these are my posts from the other day with a similar topic as yours. Raphiels is a nice place,..seems to have more rental properties than other estates, no trouble really, the other estate you mentioned is the council estate and I think every town has one. Im not judging you for being a snob at all,..you will see all sorts coming out of there to be honest but the same as anywhere else (greenfields in maynooth for example) dont get me wrong,..most are decent people but,...well you know. I would recommend the estate but its not as nice as say, Oldtown Mill, Celbridge abbey, Abbey farm, wolstan haven, grattan court etc etc but definately better then the chunk of my town that I dont really like which wouldd be most of the estates that line the maynooth road, Castletown, beaty etc etc but its really just personal preference. Celbridge overall is a great town and the positives (for us at least) FAR outweigh the negatives. if you have any Questions please ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

how many rental are in the estate-bad sign-

you can tell by how bad garden is kept

http://propertypriceregisterireland.com/search/area/celbridge/

Advertisement