Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far has your cat gone

• 02-02-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

The other half starting feeding this cat about a year or more ago, very friendly so decided to get it chipped and all the other usuals. IT must be one of those wandering cats

After about six months it went off and a short while later we got a call from a lady in Kells ( i think) so up we went and brought her home.

A month or so later same thing, this time we got a call from a lady in Cavan area and off we went.

Got a call there yesterday from a lady in Tullamore to say she had the cat and wondered if she could keep her as the her children we very fond of it. At this stage we had kitty no2 so thought it best to leave her where she was.

Every time she popped up some where, always in great condtion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sure it doesn't have a bus pass?
    Or a fondness for hiding in vehicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

There is quite a few houses in our estate rented so I can only presume when they move on so does the cat.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Not sure if you ever seen this, but it's a great insight into some of the roaming habits of cats.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/M2c5SE_wYp8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

That's amazing. You don't say where you are, so how far do you think the cat has roamed?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

my new cat , that I got just 10 days ago got out when some one called to the door, i thought she would just sniff at the door and turn around like she has done other days but no , she stepped further and further away and off she went ! walked up around the estate to look for her but no sigh, that was about 6pm. I left my front door open the last two hours in the vain hope she come back. She is a rescue cat so not stayed any where more than 3 or 4 days it seems in the last month.

But as I typed the first three words of this post I heard her scratch at the front door !! kinda feel dam lucky !!
    where she been on her first adventure only she knows , have a feeling i have a rebel teenager cat !!!! many adventures to be had yet !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

That's amazing. You don't say where you are, so how far do you think the cat has roamed?

The user profile says
    So I assume that Cavan is the farthest the cat went :)
    I'd second Gran Hermano, the cat could be fond of hiding into other cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We had some building work done a while back and the cat got in the van to sleep on the dashboard in the sun, maybe yours is getting in vehicles as said. I doubt it's in engines as cat wouldn't be in such good nick after a trip.
    Of mine, one never goes past one house each side (unless following me and dogs on walkies, then it's 3 houses down), but one does wander around a bit, couple of streets is all so far as I know, although he did do a 30 min walk with me and dogs around the bypass and through the town one night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

We had a lad here from Bord Gáis to fix our meter it was a warm ish day in October
    Mr Bord Gáis guy rang me from Cork that evening to tell me one of my kitties (my own lad not one of the kittens) had gotten in the back and travelled home with him
    Hadn't made a sound til the van driver was home!
    Stupid cat

Advertisement