Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything to do in Dublin on a Sunday??

Options
  • 02-02-2014 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So me and OH sitting here with our LO (14months) totally bored! Is there anything fun to do on a Sunday afternoon with a LO of 14 months who can't really walk that well yet. We went to dundrum yesterday... Nightmare with the crowds.

I know there's the zoo but we really shoulda gone this morning if we were gonna do that. I'm 35 weeks pregnant aswell and my energy for walks wouldn't be great... Aswell as the frequently needed toilet stops.

But we really really really needa get out of the house this afternoon! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Zoo? i find it easy enough when pregnant there are plenty of toilets and seats along the way.
    There are loads on playcentre.
    Imaginosity?
    Playground and duck feeding?
    Everything i can think of involves walking or playcentres!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The Zoo? i find it easy enough when pregnant there are plenty of toilets and seats along the way.
    There are loads on playcentre.
    Imaginosity?
    Playground and duck feeding?
    Everything i can think of involves walking or playcentres!!

Thanks my OH said the zoo but I thought we prob shoulda gone there the morning time... But will try that the next week definitely.

Ive heard great things about imaginosity but A few people have said to me my LO would be a bit too young for it as he's not really walking?

OH has just gone to the gym now so will have to wait now till he gets home. Just feel so lethargic sitting around house all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

He might be a bit small for Imaginosity. It's also quite expensive, we live close by and have annual membership which is much better value. Does he like swimming, Meadowbrook in Balinteer has a big kiddie' s pool. The farm in Airfield in Dundrum is still closed but apparently opening in spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

He might be a bit small for Imaginosity. It's also quite expensive, we live close by and have annual membership which is much better value. Does he like swimming, Meadowbrook in Balinteer has a big kiddie' s pool. The farm in Airfield in Dundrum is still closed but apparently opening in spring.

Hey thanks for that! Just googled airfield farm there and it looks really good! It's not open until April tho but will definitely check it out when it does reopen. Thanks.

Haven't brought him swimming yet. Going to wait a few months for that as I'm quite heavily pregnant... I'd feel sorry for anyone having to view me in a swimsuit.... Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Definitely softplay centres for the win. There's one in Ballycoolin D15 as far as I know, I've not been to it.

I've been to Playzone in Celbridge many times with little fella since he was about 13mths and he loves it. They have a baby area and you can sit down with a cup of tea etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement