Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom engineer

Options
  • 02-02-2014 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've been experiencing a fault on my line this past week or so, fault was logged with my provider's tech support team and said an engineer would be in touch with me to arrange a time and day for a visit.

This morning at 10am an engineer called to our house without prior notice. Fair enough if he fixes the fault I don't really care. My other half got up and talked to him for a second then called me to get up. I could hear the engineer was rude from the get go, not introducing himself not saying hi demanding to see the phone socket in the house.

When I went down I smiled at him and asked how come we didn't get any notice just as he was about to come in my front door, he said "I have been trying to phone you all f**king morning and you won't answer your c**ting phones. You would of had f**king notice otherwise".......

I of course got angry told him to get off my property, he keep cursing and shoving his phone in my face saying see I did try and f**king call you. He refused to give me his name saying he wasn't telling me anything.

Now Voda are saying this is an Eircom and of course the Eircom tech support said its a Voda issue...

Can someone look into this as I want an apology fro this guy at the very least.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there,

I've been experiencing a fault on my line this past week or so, fault was logged with my provider's tech support team and said an engineer would be in touch with me to arrange a time and day for a visit.

This morning at 10am an engineer called to our house without prior notice. Fair enough if he fixes the fault I don't really care. My other half got up and talked to him for a second then called me to get up. I could hear the engineer was rude from the get go, not introducing himself not saying hi demanding to see the phone socket in the house.

When I went down I smiled at him and asked how come we didn't get any notice just as he was about to come in my front door, he said "I have been trying to phone you all f**king morning and you won't answer your c**ting phones. You would of had f**king notice otherwise".......

I of course got angry told him to get off my property, he keep cursing and shoving his phone in my face saying see I did try and f**king call you. He refused to give me his name saying he wasn't telling me anything.

Now Voda are saying this is an Eircom and of course the Eircom tech support said its a Voda issue...

Can someone look into this as I want an apology fro this guy at the very least.....

Hi homer simpson

I'm really sorry to read this, this is totally unacceptable behaviour.

It is very unusual to receive such reports and we will have this investigated immediately. Can you please PM me your contact details and I will arrange this to be looked in to straight away.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement