Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderly person living alone - no phone

Options
  • 02-02-2014 12:54pm

How long does it take for a fault to be repaired? I ask because an elderly relative living alone has no phone since yesterday. I don't think storms are a factor. Personal alarm won't work now. Can it be transferred to a mobile?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

How long does it take for a fault to be repaired? I ask because an elderly relative living alone has no phone since yesterday. I don't think storms are a factor. Personal alarm won't work now. Can it be transferred to a mobile?
    Hi Maryanne84

Can you PM me the lanline number in question and I'll look in to this?

Thanks

Al

Alan, a week on and still no phone. Any update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Alan, a week on and still no phone. Any update?
    Hi Maryanne84
    Though I can see that this fault was logged on the 3rd I am afraid that there are continuing delays in the area due to continuing weather conditions. I have asked that this one be given priority as you have advised an elderly person lives there and hope that this can be resolved tomorrow, Tuesday / Wednesday this week.
    Apologies this cannot be pushed for faster resolve date.
    Tony

Phone's back and panic alarm working. Thanks to the hard working Eircom crews.

Great to hear that Maryanne84. They had advised they would do get to this as fast as possible given the circumstance.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

it takes 7 days or more

the engineers are not that good

the testing can be done over computer but an engineer has to vist the exchange,

don't be the first to  report a problem or eircom switches off your line to protect the other lines

even if the problem is not your line,everyone elses phone comes back but yours
    then they send a senior engerneer and another,to the exchange

it takes 7 days or more

the engineers are not that good

the testing can be done over computer but an engineer has to vist the exchange,

don't be the first to  report a problem or eircom switches off your line to protect the other lines

even if the problem is not your line,everyone elses phone comes back but yours
    then they send a senior engerneer and another,to the exchange
    Hi Sawdoubters
    I am afraid I don't understant most of the points here?. Do you have a line issue ? If so PM us the line no and we can check this for you.
    Tony

Great to hear that Maryanne84. They had advised they would do get to this as fast as possible given the circumstance.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Tony
    You'd never believe the value of a panic button to an elderly person living alone. She was so unsettled without it that she couldn't sleep unless we stayed with her. It's great for her to have her independance back again. I know you're up to your eyes in work, so getting it sorted as quick as you have done is much appreciated. Keep up the good work. 

Thanks for the feedback.
    Tony
    You'd never believe the value of a panic button to an elderly person living alone. She was so unsettled without it that she couldn't sleep unless we stayed with her. It's great for her to have her independance back again. I know you're up to your eyes in work, so getting it sorted as quick as you have done is much appreciated. Keep up the good work.
    It is vital in a lot of cases. If she should ever have any further issue, post us here. We can normally get tech out same day or next for these cases, the storms have delayed this a bit. Thanks Maryanne84.
    Tony

Advertisement