Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best spot at Silverstone

• 02-02-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says.
    Dropping hints to the other half for moto GP tickets as my birthday present.
    So which tickets are the best for action?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Roaming grandstand. There are loads to choose and you can watch the qualifying and practice from different stands to pick one for the race. . Just be wary on the race day you'll have to get up early for some of the better views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭valerossi

Club corner on race day is my favorite spot right down the front freezing my ass off with the big screen at my 11 o'clock and loving it:) you'll have to buy the roaming ticket and get their ridiculously early on Sunday to get a good spot.

If you get the weekend ticket make Friday a day to ramble some really nice spots in general admin to for free practice if it's nice out.

Bring a set of headphone and small radio "phone will do" so you can tune onto the commentator at the track.

valerossi wrote: »
    Club corner on race day is my favorite spot right down the front freezing my ass off with the big screen at my 11 o'clock and loving it:) you'll have to buy the roaming ticket and get their ridiculously early on Sunday to get a good spot.

If you get the weekend ticket make Friday a day to ramble some really nice spots in general admin to for free practice if it's nice out.

Bring a set of headphone and small radio "phone will do" so you can tune onto the commentator at the track.

Cheers for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'm heading over myself, camping for the weekend. I just got the poverty spec 'General Admission' ticket. I read that the stands can feel very cool even on a nice day.
    Anyway it's at the end of August so the weather should be half decent.(I hope!)

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    I'm heading over myself, camping for the weekend. I just got the poverty spec 'General Admission' ticket. I read that the stands can feel very cool even on a nice day.
    The girlfriend's brother in law used to work there and he only lives down the road.
    So the girlfriend said we would be calling over and he said he might be able to get us free tickets.
    Tickets and a place to stay! Sounds good to me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Have you been before?

If your going roaming bring a bike hehe :)
    That place is huuuge
    I was there in 2011 and was in the village stands, it was nasty weather that weekend and it was freezing.

My favourite spot was the end of the Wellington straight braking into brook lands corner.
    The bikes are literally a few metres away from the fence and you are right at the start of the braking zone.

No, I have never gone to track racing.
    I've been to the TT's and some irish racing.
    Oh, I forgot, I went to mondello the year the British Superbikes came and the Sunday was cancelled.

And yeah, I will definitely have my bike with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I meant if you are going roaming grandstand, bring a push bike ;):D

Seriously the place is huge
    It's not easy to get from one sideof the track to the other ( it's a long way )
    Use Friday to explore and see where you fancy being for the race.
    I think they run bus service inside the track to ferry people to the different locations :)
    I never availed of it tho.

XsApollo wrote: »
    I meant if you are going roaming grandstand, bring a push bike ;) :
    Ah, got ya:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭valerossi

I think camping at the track site is the best way to experience it if the weather is reasonable, camped in (Hamilton fields too a short walk/ride down to the track) dirt cheap to camp their too, just buy, beg or steal a good tent regatta one I have stud up well in 2010, 11 what ever year it was when Lorenzo took that bad slap? bought it in Argos.

Noting better then climbing out of a tent hung over with the smell of track day breakfast Roll and rubber in the air:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

pablo128 wrote: »

Been there the last few years. Up till last year the weather was bad and it was freezing in the stands, some people had their full bike gear with oversuits on, last year the weather was great. But still freezing in the stands as your high up. Once to the back of the stands it was lovely.

There's a free shuttle bus around the site either use that or bring a bicycle as you won't walk it and see racing.

Advertisement