Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawl limit

Options
  • 02-02-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Can you tell me what the BOI daily limit withdrawl in gran canaria is? Ive heard it changes for different countries

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Amandaf675[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You are correct, there are daily withdrawal limits when using your card abroad.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You will be able to withdraw approximately €250-€500 per day in the Gran Canaries. The limit you can withdraw will depend if the ATM you are using is chip and pin. Some ATM's also have their own set limits.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Before travelling, we would advise you to contact Bank of Ireland 365, a representative can record a travel note on your account for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please call 0818 365 365 or from abroad 00353 14044000. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our representative hours are Monday-Friday, 8am- 12 midnight. Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The limit you can withdraw will depend if the ATM you are using is chip and pin..
    [/font]
    Sorry Alison..I have got to ask..what sort of ATM machine is not chip and pin??? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi whomitconcerns[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]All Bank of Ireland ATMs are chip and pin, however we are aware some worldwide may not be. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Within the Visa website, it will offer an ATM Locator to advise of chip and pin ATM locations in your area.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

im sorry...but what sort of ATM anywhere is not chip and pin?????? I am pretty sure that they all have it since 1972....sorry to be pedantic about it..

I think you may be confused...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Hi Alison,

Can you advise what precisely are the daily limits when withdrawing via ATM in the US?

I had an experience on Jan 25th, where I was unable to access funds after making a couple of withdrawals earlier in the day & would rather not repeat same.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Hi Alison,

Can you advise what precisely are the daily limits when withdrawing via ATM in the US?

I had an experience on Jan 25th, where I was unable to access funds after making a couple of withdrawals earlier in the day & would rather not repeat same.

Thanks.
    Hi Yamanoto, 

Thanks for posting. 

The daily ATM withdrawal limit in the US is the equivalent of €250.
    Some financial intuitions may also set their own daily withdrawal limits.  
    This may be what happened on Jan 25th. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement