Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience of Computer Science Course

• 02-02-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all :) I was just wondering if anyone doing the Computer Science course in UCC would maybe be able to share a little bit about their experience of studying this degree so far. What kind of things does it entail, is it difficult, and are you happy you chose it? Thanks very much! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭maughantourig

Well I'm only in first year yet but so far it's been great :) There are some really challenging modules but it seems as though most people in there are well able to manage it.

There is a core programming module, (i heard that next year first years will be doing python), as well as modules in logic, computer hardware, multimedia, etc.

If you're the kind of person that can think logically and enjoys a mental challenge then this is a satisfying course to choose. Not to mention that the career prospects at the end are very enticing.

If you have any questions about specific modules or want to know more about other aspects in UCC, then just pm me :P

EDIT: You also have the option of taking one of several elective modules including a few languages, maths or economics.

Advertisement