Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shotgun license dublin

Options
  • 02-02-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm just after moving to Dublin and am thinking of getting myself a new O/U shotgun which I would like too store in Dublin.

I'm just wondering its more difficult to get shotgun license when living in city compared to country side ?

I'm currently living near grand canal dock in apartment.

Also from reading the fire arms storage requirements for 1 non restrictive firearm it seems you don't need a safe although I would get one anyhow but It might not be secured to a wall.

Anyhow just wondering if anyone else in a similar situation successfully got a license ?

Cheers,
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

mf135jelly wrote: »

I'm just wondering its more difficult to get shotgun license when living in city compared to country side ?

Cheers,
    Joe

Someone told me recently that the south east dublin division has the highest number of firearms certs for any area in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

rowa wrote: »
    Someone told me recently that the south east dublin division has the highest number of firearms certs for any area in the country.

I'm in Dublin city.....same rules apply as everywhere else...........no more difficult or easier to get the licence.

If you have all paperwork required and secure storage then there shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I've lived in 3 different areas in Dublin with a different Super in each, never had any problems getting shotguns and rifles licensed, but you may be required to install a safe even for a single shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I live in dublin and hold several licences as said there are a lot of licences here my super said that they have the most licneces to deal with in the country for our district.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mf135jelly

Thanks for the info lads.

I think my nearest garda station is either IrishTown or Donnybrook.

Anyone have any dealing with these stations regarding first time gun license & storage.

I been shooting all my life with family and friends but never held a gun license and it looks like I've to probably get a competency cert which is just more £££ spent

Cheers, Joe

• Advertisement
Advertisement