Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

No
    Boom. New Thread.

Hate TC23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

four-leaf-clover.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

New thread, new fortunes......

Better weather. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No
    Moyes Out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    That last thread was the worst I've ever encountered in my time here.
    Wall to wall rubbish puns and bickering, here's to the new improved MUFC super thread, now with 50% less bellends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Is it August yet? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    2nv7bfa.jpg

Not a dig at anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Sack Moyes
    Sell Cleverley, Valencia, Young, Welbeck, Rio, Evra and Buttner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    Posted by Robson99

Quote: GSPfan
    So hang on, Calling me "a good child" is taking the high road is it?

You quoted my post for not liking Hughes.

Where have I mentioned anything about Hughes

No where, is the answer.

Stop contradicting yourself

You stated you couldnt care less if Hughes played for Utd or not. I quoted that I dont understand the dislike for some of our ex-players who gave their all for the club.

I wasnt referring any comment about Rooney to you. It was on a different paragraph and posted in general conversation. Not directly at you. OK

Why did you edit my sentence? Ha. You are gas. You left out the second half of a sentence to try make me look stupid.

You obviously can't use the quote feature so just leave it alone. You either quote the wrong thing or edit it so that it means something else. Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

No
    Is this thrid new thread already this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

No
    God bless Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Could have been just 4 points off fourth today. :(

No
    That last thread was the worst I've ever encountered in my time here.
    Wall to wall rubbish puns and bickering, here's to the new improved MUFC super thread, now with 50% less bellends.

What's the Mata with you?

No
    Could have been just 4 points off fourth today. :(

Wouldn't that have been lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

7th ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No
    2nv7bfa.jpg

Not a dig at anyone

Do you doubt anyone is supporting the team on here, whatever their opinion of the best way forward may be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Maybe Wenger will have to rest 1 or 2 in our game considering he has
    Liverpool
    United
    Liverpool FA cup
    Bayern

in the space of 11 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

2nv7bfa.jpg

Not a dig at anyone

None of us are from Manchester. What's the point of an Irish person supporting an unsuccessful foreign team? How many Crewe Alexandra fans are in Ireland?

No
    Keno wrote: »

He is so much better than any of our wide options..

Why in Gods name is he at Cardiff

• Advertisement

No
    adox wrote: »
    Do you doubt anyone is supporting the team on here, whatever their opinion of the best way forward may be?

No I don't doubt it hence why I said its not a dig at anyone, everyone wants the best

No
    J. Marston wrote: »
    What's the Mata with you?
    C'mon now, let's make this thread bearable.
    My new thread resolution is to start reporting shìt, the last thread was a joke.
    I think bad puns should be actionable. Luckily for you they're not.

Danger781 wrote: »
    He is so much better than any of our wide options..

Why in Gods name is he at Cardiff

Teach him to throw his knob around.

No
    C'mon now, let's make this thread bearable.
    My new thread resolution is to start reporting shìt, the last thread was a joke.
    I think bad puns should be actionable. Luckily for you they're not.

Litte bit Ruud don't you think? Juan pun is going to hurt Noone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

No
    Hypothetical Situation:

Assume you're David Moyes on July 1, you've failed to secure Champions League football for 14/15 and have qualified for the Europa League. You look at your squad and have to decide who to get rid of and who to replace them with. The Glazers have given you 100M plus whatever you can raise through player sales to re-build a squad capable of a title challenge and dealing with the fixture congestion Europa League football brings.

Who do you get rid of and who do you replace them with?

Had wrote a nice long post for this and then the thread closing deleted it, but basically

Anderson, Young, Valencia, Rio and Giggs retiring, Evra, Buttner, Vidic, Macheda, Hernandez to leave

Bring in
    New CB: Schar, Howedes, Otamendi or break the bank for someone like Benatia, Subotic or Hummels

New LB: Coentrao is probably the best bet and get a backup who can defend

Backup RB: Smalling isn't a RB and we need cover for Rafael

CM: Matuidi on a free would be excellent, and then put everything into getting Gundogan, Verratti, Kovacic etc. Depending on Powell, bringing in another young guy like Praet or Tielemans from Anderlecht would be good.

Winger: Griezmann, Yarmolenko, Lucas Moura, Volland, Cuadrado, Herrmann, Thauvin etc. Can't be worse than what we have atm, and really need an upgrade on the right hand side with Mata and Januzaj on the left.

No
    Aaaaaaaand unfollow thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Guess who's on the bench for Bayern

Kroos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

No
    Delighted with the west brom result, but how annoying that we could have been 4 points behind the pool if we had more than two tactics (hoof and bum the wings)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Some more passing into the box to the strikers feet please.

Rayne posted after spurs and stoke how goals followed good passes from Januzaj and Mata while the rest of the game the ball was lumped into the box from wide positions.

Change is needed in how the team operates now, player change can follow in time.

• Advertisement

No
    Aaaaaaaand unfollow thread...

Bye! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    10,000 posts in a month, we have no lives :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

None of us are from Manchester. What's the point of an Irish person supporting an unsuccessful foreign team? How many Crewe Alexandra fans are in Ireland?

We may as well shut the thread so. Why bother indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

We may as well shut the thread so. Why bother indeed.

sure we may as well jump on the city bandwagon

No
    edgecutter wrote: »
    Delighted with the west brom result, but how annoying that we could have been 4 points behind the pool if we had more than two tactics (hoof and bum the wings)

Liverpool increased their lead over us, nothing to be delighted about really.

I've accepted fourth is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

A lot can happen over the 14 remaining games, people have short memories..a lot of so called United fans have really shown their true colors this season. So used to success and winning but as soon as the team hits a really bed spell they throw their toys out of the pram and write the team off. Disgusts me to see fellow fans behave like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    Hypothetical Situation:

Assume you're David Moyes on July 1, you've failed to secure Champions League football for 14/15 and have qualified for the Europa League. You look at your squad and have to decide who to get rid of and who to replace them with. The Glazers have given you 100M plus whatever you can raise through player sales to re-build a squad capable of a title challenge and dealing with the fixture congestion Europa League football brings.

Who do you get rid of and who do you replace them with?

I'd see the rest of the season as a final trial for some players. If Nani, Valencia and Young can prove their worth things could change. Prices are based on market value. We would probably have to pay over value to get most. The Glazers might want to push the boat to 140m for investment.

Out
    Fletcher - 3.5m
    Carrick - 5m
    Ferdinand - Retire
    Vidic - Bosman
    Evra - Bosman
    Nani - 14m
    Valencia - 14m
    Young - 12.5m
    Giggs - Retire
    Cleverly - 12.5m

In
    Lingard - Back from loan
    Powell - Back from loan
    Zaha - Back from loan
    Garay 17.5m
    Subotic/Hummels 17.5m-25m
    Pogba - 30m
    Bender - 17.5m
    Coentrão/Shaw - 12.5m
    Coleman - 10m
    Koke - 22m
    Reus - 30m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Some more passing into the box to the strikers feet please.

Rayne posted after spurs and stoke how goals followed good passes from Januzaj and Mata while the rest of the game the ball was lumped into the box from wide positions.

Change is needed in how the team operates now, player change can follow in time.

Exactly Moyes has to change the way that he is getting the existing team to play. But what if, according to his motto, he believes that the tactics are right?

What will it take before the Stretford End lose patience - how low would we have to go?

No
    BloodBath wrote: »
    I'd see the rest of the season as a final trial for some players. If Nani, Valencia and Young can prove their worth things could change. Prices are based on market value. We would probably have to pay over value to get most. The Glazers might want to push the boat to 140m for investment.

Out
    Fletcher - 3.5m
    Carrick - 5m
    Ferdinand - Retire
    Vidic - Bosman
    Evra - Bosman
    Nani - 14m
    Valencia - 14m
    Young - 12.5m

Giggs - Retire
    Cleverly - 12.5m

In
    Lingard - Back from loan
    Powell - Back from loan
    Zaha - Back from loan
    Garay 17.5m
    Pogba - 30m
    Bender - 17.5m
    Coentrão/Shaw - 12.5m
    Coleman - 10m
    Koke - 22m
    Reus - 30m

Lol.

Out
    Fletcher - 3.5m
    Carrick - 5m
    Ferdinand - Retire
    Vidic - Bosman
    Evra - Bosman
    Nani - 14m
    Valencia - 14m
    Young - 12.5m
    Giggs - Retire
    Cleverly - 12.5m

In
    Lingard - Back from loan
    Powell - Back from loan
    Zaha - Back from loan
    Garay 17.5m
    Pogba - 30m
    Bender - 17.5m
    Coentrão/Shaw - 12.5m
    Coleman - 10m
    Koke - 22m
    Reus - 30m

Think you've been playing a bit to much Football Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    A lot can happen over the 14 remaining games, people have short memories..a lot of so called United fans have really shown their true colors this season. So used to success and winning but as soon as the team hits a really bed spell they throw their toys out of the pram and write the team off. Disgusts me to see fellow fans behave like this

I hate this bull **** as fans of this club we have a right not to be happy with the crap where watching this season.

We were league champions last season and when is the last time come February we where outside of the top 5?

Its not as if we have a new team either it's essentially the same bloody team plus the odd change.

Look at end day look at situation where in now it's not good enough for a club like Manchester United no other team on our level would of allowed or accepted this.

Just go threw the ****ing records Moyes has managed to break this season and that says it all.

He's a good manager but is appointment was a mistake he's not good enough to manage at the very top level and Fergie is partially to blame for him being here and he's also to blame for the squad he handed over.

When your team hits the **** so dramatically as United have the fans have every right to complain the way they have.

let's face it most of us ain't blow in fans meself I'm following club since I was 7 that's twenty years at least and that's just me.

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    sure we may as well jump on the city bandwagon

You support Utd because of a past bandwagon jump.

No

Exactly, but don't call the glory hunters, they don't like it

Exactly, but don't call the glory hunters, they don't like it

What's a "glory hunter"? Someone who hopes their club do well? The bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lol.

And 30m for Pogba. The future worlds greatest cm.

No

No it's not, that's a fan, I shouldn't really have to explain this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No

Out
    Fletcher - 3.5m
    Carrick - 5m
    Ferdinand - Retire
    Vidic - Bosman
    Evra - Bosman
    Nani - 14m
    Valencia - 14m
    Young - 12.5m

Giggs - Retire
    Cleverly - 12.5m

In
    Lingard - Back from loan
    Powell - Back from loan
    Zaha - Back from loan
    Garay 17.5m
    Pogba - 30m
    Bender - 17.5m
    Coentrão/Shaw - 12.5m
    Coleman - 10m
    Koke - 22m
    Reus - 30m

More lol

No it's not, that's a fan, I shouldn't really have to explain this

So what is a glory hunter? I'm not a United fan so the longer a large amount of United fans stay docile about what's happening, the more it suits me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just because someone doesn't like the direction the club has taken, the recent form, the manager or whatever and are vocal about it doesn't mean that they are glory hunters or people that jumped on the bandwagon etc....

People are entitled to their opinion. I don't agree with a lot of the opinions on here but I'll defend everyone's right to say it, regardless of whether I agree with the sentiment or how long they may have supported the club.

Points can be debated and argued without resorting to name calling or this i'm a better supporter than you lark.

Irish people as a whole are glory hunters otherwise we would support our domestic league rather than a big succesful league like the EPL. Ive seen a huge increase in Man City & Chelsea supporters in Ireland in recent years. You never see an Irish person supporting Norwich City so i for one accept the glory hunter tag

No
    So what is a glory hunter? I'm not a United fan so the longer a large amount of United fans stay docile about what's happening, the more it suits me.

Here's an interesting article

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/82277-are-you-a-glory-hunter

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement