Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Sturridge better than Rooney?
    Get the f**king boat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Sacramento wrote: »
    Lads, Oasis or Blur?

Stone Roses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sacramento wrote: »
    Lads, Oasis or Blur?

Justin Bieber

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

4 years he is 29 in october. He has some agent alright based on the last 18 months is he even in the top 10 premier league players anymore. RVP, Mata, Suarez sturridge??, hazard, yaya, aguero, silva, negredo??, ozil(poor of late but a better player IMO). The only way it makes some sort of sense to me is if Rooney plays as the main central striker next year this would allow kagawa, mata play in their preffered position and to a better effect than rooney does. He is certainly not a 300k a week NO. 10.

Your sample size is too small.

don't base everything in one season.

Yes some of the players mentioned have trumped Rooney in the past 7 months of football, but don't forget Rooney has been performing now in the PL since he was 17yrs old.

Rooney is in the top 10 PL players, and probably the top5.

the question you should be asking is should he be in the top 4 earners in the World?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Stone Roses

I love you

Stone Roses

Mee too X

No
    Trilla wrote: »
    I love you
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    Mee too X

I like Oasis and Blur, but its good to see people have proper taste.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I can smell the oldness in here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

irishfeen wrote: »
    I can smell the oldness in here :pac:

Never too young for The Stone Roses! I only seen them 2 years ago when I was 15 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Oasis easily for me. That was my childhood, their albums playing in the car driving to go play footie

• Advertisement

No
    eugeneious wrote: »
    Never too young for The Stone Roses! I only seen them 2 years ago when I was 15 :o
    Did they reform and play a special gig just for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

They reformed in 2011

No

They played in Phoenix park just few years ago.

I went to it. Unless it was a very realistic type of dream I had.;)

No
    They reformed in 2011
    Thought they only went gigging last year?

No
    They played in Phoenix park just few years ago.

I went to it. Unless it was a very realistic type of dream I had.;)
    Could have sworn that was last year. F**king hell, where does the time go??
    Apologies Eugenious for my smartarse reply :o

No
    Could have sworn that was last year. F**king hell, where does the time go??
    Apologies Eugenious for my smartarse reply :o

It was just after the Euros im sure. I was in a state of depression until they arrived in town and fixed my wounds(mostly):pac:

No
    It was just after the Euros im sure. I was in a state of depression until they arrived in town and fixed my wounds(mostly):pac:
    The older I get the years just seem to blend into each other. Scary how quickly the years start going by.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The older I get the years just seem to blend into each other. Scary how quickly the years start going by.

Thats because when your young everything is new and exciting, college new friends etc that after a certain point in your 20's it becomes jobs, bills, jobs bills and the new and exciting is replaced by routine.

Now I need a drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

_38720671_pipeslippers_150.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This was the point I was making. Tactics were not ****e yet Kagawa struggled. Now we are getting its the tactics not Kagawa.

Many players were poor last season also. They don't get the tactics excuse.

He didn't struggle as much last season though.

His issues do stem in part from his own inability to take on different roles and also how he is deployed. If he was moved to his best position in a regular (I said regular) basis he would play better.

I have no problem with him getting criticised, he deserves to be like any player. But like any player if obvious issues exist they should be mentioned and not dismissed. How he is used is as much of a problem as his inability to adapt to how he is deployed.

The big issues this season and especially since turn of the year is how the team is set up to play and how poor midfield is. As discussed many times here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No
    Sturridge better than Rooney?
    Get the f**king boat :rolleyes:

I said sturridge possibly it could certainly be argued he has been as effective as rooney the last year. Football constantly changes Im sure suarez wouldnt have been good enough to get in the Utd team in a lot of peoples eyes this time last year. Rooney IMO is in the right place at the right time to get a 5 1/2 yr contract of 300k a week based on his form the past 18 months.

No
    I said sturridge possibly it could certainly be argued he has been as effective as rooney the last year. Football constantly changes Im sure suarez wouldnt have been good enough to get in the Utd team in a lot of peoples eyes this time last year. Rooney IMO is in the right place at the right time to get a 5 1/2 yr contract of 300k a week based on his form the past 18 months.
    You made your own guidelines when you put Özil in on ability and not form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nope, you really did jump the shark when you questioned whether Sturridge is better then Rooney, coupled with what you said regarding Ozil tbh

No
    Al Capwned wrote: »
    _38720671_pipeslippers_150.jpg
    crack02.jpg

adults-teens-kids-full-foot-fins-flippers-snorkelling-dive-sizes-fit-all-ages-%5B4%5D-3861-p.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Rooney IMO is in the right place at the right time to get a 5 1/2 yr contract of 300k a week based on his form the past 18 months.

He is in his b*llox.

He's taking the club for every penny he can get. . . months after his transfer request.

• Advertisement

He is in his b*llox.

He's taking the club for every penny he can get. . . months after his transfer request.

Is the poster you are qouting not agreeing with you, i.e. that he is in the right place at the right time and not deserving of it? May have it wrong

No
    He is in his b*llox.

Like a whole host of players at United and other clubs.

Look at Suarez.

Revenues for the clubs are rising. The ones who are bringing in the revenues are the players. Therefore, their wages are rising too. Quite simple to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No
    You made your own guidelines when you put Özil in on ability and not form.

Ozil has had a bad 6-8 weeks but is IMO a level above rooney. Not that rooney hasnt been playing well and I do rate him. I just dont feel as a no.10 he is one of the top players in the league. As I said in my initial post as CF it could be a different story as a couple of his better seasons were when he played there and to me thats the only way the deal makes sense.

Wayne Rooney signed new contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No
    Rooney just confirmed on his FB page that he has signed a new contract!

Rooney just confirmed on his FB page that he has signed a new contract!

Any idea for how long?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Well, whatever else, at least this wont be an issue over the summer...

No
    1619517_10152015777442746_1957921769_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Yay, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Going to be a club ambassador too after he retires.

@ManUtd: As part of the new deal, @WayneRooney will also become a club ambassador for #mufc when he retires from the game. #rooneymufc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No
    Good news. Signing our best + most consistent performer from the past 5 years on a contract. Nothing but good news. Hopefully it will signal that change in fortunes we've been anticipating for 5 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No
    markc1184 wrote: »

Im sure part of the reason he wanted that in the contract is because he doesn't care for the club at all and wants to jump ship as soon as a better offer comes along :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

markc1184 wrote: »

3 years into the job

"I want more money".

Keno wrote: »
    3 years into the job

"I want more money".

At that stage he'll be approaching 32. . . No chance of better terms or a better contract anywhere else.

He's only staying as no one else is prepared to give him that contract at this stage in his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

At that stage he'll be approaching 32. . . No chance of better terms or a better contract anywhere else.

He's only staying as no one else is prepared to give him that contract at this stage in his career.

I was referring to the club ambassador job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

4 year contract, costing the club 62 million.

As long as there's two top midfielders coming in in the summer I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭mobydopy

1619517_10152015777442746_1957921769_n.jpg

Woodward's smile!!!! LOL :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

No
    Was it a 4 year contract or a 5.5 year contract ?

No

Moyes, Rooney, Giggs, United's scouting staff, the English Premier League...
    Anything else you want to have a pop at while you're here???
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No
    Was it a 4 year contract or a 5.5 year contract ?

4 year extension so his existing deal.

Cracking player to have tied down for the remainder of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Wayne Rooney spoke exclusively to MUTV about signing his new deal…

Congratulations on your new contract, what made you renew?
    There was a lot of speculation in the summer but I was pleased when David Moyes came in to the club. I’ve got a great relationship with him and he’s shown a lot of trust and faith in me. Talks have been ongoing for a long time. I’m delighted to be signed up now.

How much are you looking forward to being one of the more senior players?
    I’m not that old yet! [Laughs] I’m getting there but I still feel young. Of course, it’s a great responsibility to try to help the younger players. I want to try to get better in myself and try to help the younger players make us successful.

How much are you relishing the chance to break Sir Bobby Charlton’s goalscoring record?
    It’s great to have the opportunity to try to break those kinds of records. I’m not too far away even though I’ve still got a few goals to go, but I’m confident I can reach it. Hopefully it will happen and if it does it will be a really proud moment.

How important were the fans in your decision?
    The fans have been brilliant. I’ve said since day one that they have been brilliant. In particular during the first game of the season at Swansea, when all the speculation was going on, they were outstanding and really showed how much they are behind me and behind the team.

Moyes, Rooney, Giggs, United's scouting staff, the English Premier League...
    Anything else you want to have a pop at while your here???
    :pac:

This time next year all will have changed when Moyes has been sacked.

• Advertisement

No
    NUTZZ wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney spoke exclusively to MUTV about signing his new deal…

Congratulations on your new contract, what made you renew?
    There was a lot of speculation in the summer but I was pleased when David Moyes came in to the club. I’ve got a great relationship with him and he’s shown a lot of trust and faith in me. Talks have been ongoing for a long time. I’m delighted to be signed up now.

How much are you looking forward to being one of the more senior players?
    I’m not that old yet! [Laughs] I’m getting there but I still feel young. Of course, it’s a great responsibility to try to help the younger players. I want to try to get better in myself and try to help the younger players make us successful.

How much are you relishing the chance to break Sir Bobby Charlton’s goalscoring record?
    It’s great to have the opportunity to try to break those kinds of records. I’m not too far away even though I’ve still got a few goals to go, but I’m confident I can reach it. Hopefully it will happen and if it does it will be a really proud moment.

How important were the fans in your decision?
    The fans have been brilliant. I’ve said since day one that they have been brilliant. In particular during the first game of the season at Swansea, when all the speculation was going on, they were outstanding and really showed how much they are behind me and behind the team.

Ah Wayne please

"There was a lot of speculation in the summer but I was pleased when David Moyes came in to the club. I’ve got a great relationship with him"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement