Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

lordgoat wrote: »
    Really?

Today was the same awful football it's been all season. Rooneys strike was the only thing in 90mins with any skill. That aside he was poor too.

There's no tempo or pace to the team. And the subs he brings on...
    Compared to the muck of previous games, it really was a massive breath of fresh air.

We weren't as poor today as we have been recently. We passed a little better, had a little patience about us and looked to play in and around Palace rather than in on top of them. In saying that, we were slow in breaking at times, had general all-round slow build-up play and a few of our forward superstars didn't do a whole lot outside the goals (I realise what I just said). I may be wrong but I cant really remember Jan doing anything of any note today, RVP was essentially anonymous for the majority of the game and Rooney generally had a first touch and passed the ball like he was carrying 300k in pound coins in his boots.

The subs wouldn't concern me as the game was over at that stage and it was more about taking a few lads off rather than what influence the guys coming on would have.

It wasn't really a game we'll all remember as a classic at the end of the season but considering how poor we've been recently along with it being a tough game anyway in the circumstances (Palace going well, fighting relegation, always gonna be parking the bus etc), it was a welcome relief tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    The body language today was different too. Lot of positives and even likes of RVP seemed to be on side of manager.

Fellaini I thought had solid game for his first game back. Made a difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Didn't get to see the game, looking forward to MOTD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lordgoat and Saucy McKetchup. Take it away from the thread or yellows will start being handed out.
    I've deleted yer little back and forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

De Gea made a fantastic save after we scored the first goal, quickly becoming my favorite player.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Irish94 wrote: »
    De Gea made a fantastic save after we scored the first goal, quickly becoming my favorite player.

Probably one of our most important players at the moment. Think we'd be worse off without him. Love the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    Only negative for me today was Carrick when we were going for the first goal, just far too slow on the ball, Mata was the polar opposite. Fellaini had a decent game so that is promising for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

http://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/437335008408129537/photo/1

Back page of the People saying Moyes believes he has got Gundogan signed.Be a good signing but as I posted earlier I think it could be a bit of a gamble if he doesn't play before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Lordgoat and Saucy McKetchup. Take it away from the thread or yellows will start being handed out.

Apologies, won't happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Only negative for me today was Carrick when we were going for the first goal, just far too slow on the ball, Mata was the polar opposite. Fellaini had a decent game so that is promising for the rest of the season

Thought today was Carrick's best game this season.He seemed to play a lot more forward passes today than in recent games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    Probably one of our most important players at the moment. Think we'd be worse off without him. Love the guy.

I think his performances have been overrated this season, was very good today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

What a relief that result was today, hopefully Swansea will do us a favour tomorrow :). Great atmosphere from the Palace fans, think today was the quietest our away fans have been kept this season.

No
    What a relief that result was today, hopefully Swansea will do us a favour tomorrow :). Great atmosphere from the Palace fans, think today was the quietest our away fans have been kept this season.

Think that was down to the noise of the Home Fans if honest.

Have to say I was impressed with Palace fans today.

Becoming the Hipster of the PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mars Bar wrote: »

You trying to govern the thread but having to refer to them as 'Lordgoat' and 'Saucy McKetchup' is so funny.

The pocket of fans where Rooney was taking the corners in the first half was buzzing all game :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Have to say I was impressed with Palace fans today.

Yea a lovely bunch of fellas.

"@DanielSandison: If you watch this with Madness playing in the background it becomes the most cock-er-nee thing ever - https://t.co/Bwc2ELVNQl"

No
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    Yea a lovely bunch of fellas.

"@DanielSandison: If you watch this with Madness playing in the background it becomes the most cock-er-nee thing ever - https://t.co/Bwc2ELVNQl"

Not a very pleasant bunch of Human Beings I will admit, but I wont tar them all with same brush either.

Its amazing how worked up some people get with just somebody taking a corner though:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    The pocket of fans where Rooney was taking the corners in the first half was buzzing all game :)

They looked like gobshítes to me. Straining over barriers, nearly frothing at the mouth while shouting abuse.

Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

J. Marston wrote: »
    They looked like gobshítes to me. Straining over barriers, nearly frothing at the mouth while shouting abuse.

Clowns.

I just don't get it he's an English man, they'll be looking for him to do a job this summer. The amount a stupidity that goes on in this sport never ceases to amaze me

Soups123 wrote: »
    I just don't get it he's an English man, they'll be looking for him to do a job this summer. The amount a stupidity that goes on in this sport never ceases to amaze me

Lots of them fans following teams in the league don't necessarily follow the national team

• Advertisement

Lots of them fans following teams in the league don't necessarily follow the national team

Maybe so, if I was lucky enough to watch my team each week I would think my interest and support in the national would increase

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Next 5 PL games:

West Brom (A)
    Liverpool (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Man City (H)
    Aston Villa (H)

What do you think lads? ... 10+ points would be minimum to push up the table

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Next 5 PL games:

West Brom (A)
    Liverpool (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Man City (H)
    Aston Villa (H)

What do you think lads? ... 10+ points would be minimum to push up the table

2wins, 2 Draws, 1 defeat.

Beat West Brom and Villa, Draw with Pool and Hammers and get beat by City.

United will beat Pool at home for sure

8 points would be a poor return imo ... if we could sneak a win against Liverpool it would be masssive.

Wouldn't be so sure, they playing some lovely stuff lately at times.

No

Have you seen them this season? They are where they are cause they have been better then us. Granted some of their away form has been beyond awful.
    8 points would be a poor return imo ... if we could sneak a win against Liverpool it would be masssive.

10 is most I think we will get

8 for me is most likely basing it on the season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Wouldn't be so sure, they playing some lovely stuff lately at times.
    They've also played a fair bit of rubbish away from Anfield. Unfortunately we have been far worse at Old Trafford.

I have a feeling we will do alright for the rest of the season, just a bit too late to make any difference.

No
    Some positive
    130 - The number of passes Michael Carrick completed today, more than any player in the Premier League today

• Advertisement

Yeah I think city will do us over - they will be massively up for it and our shaky defence I don't think could handle them for 90 min ... I do think we have a chance against Liverpool though - keep Suarez quiet and get Mata, Rooney and RVP to cause havoc against a shaky pool defence and we have a very good chance.

No
    Yeah I think city will do us over - they will be massively up for it and our shaky defence I don't think could handle them for 90 min ... I do think we have a chance against Liverpool though - keep Suarez quiet and get Mata, Rooney and RVP to cause havoc against a shaky pool defence and we have a very good chance.

Will Aguero be back for our game?

If he is missing I give us a chance. If he is back draw would be good result.

They've also played a fair bit of rubbish away from Anfield. Unfortunately we have been far worse at Old Trafford.

I have a feeling we will do alright for the rest of the season, just a bit too late to make any difference.
    If we beat Liverpool and plant a few seeds of doubt into their minds about 4th then (I know unrealistic to say the least) we might just have something to play for... the more pressure Liverpool come under the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Some positive

Fellaini frees him up a lot, hopefully we kick on from here.

Have you seen them this season? They are where they are cause they have been better then us. Granted some of their away form has been beyond awful.

Outside of maybe City at home United will raise there game(out of the bigger teams).

I'm a betting man and I'll be backing united for that one maybe even -1

Will Aguero be back for our game?

If he is missing I give us a chance. If he is back draw would be good result.
    Fantasy Football has him back 10 days before but how accurate that is I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

No
    Some positive

He was excellent today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

VDS record is under serious threat after today by Fraser Forster, think it would cheapen it somewhat if he were to break the British record for consecutive minutes without conceding all things considered?

No
    If Celtic keep clean sheet do they break record or what?

He has 96 minutes to go I think so could possibly happen in the next game, certainly at some stage early in the game after if not.

Particularly given the unbelievable ****e that is the SPL I will be a bit saddened if he does break, it looks pretty likely now in fairness, today was Celtics 15th league win in a row Im pretty sure I heard em say on SSN.

I may sound like a dick, I just dont think he deserves the record. VDS faced some real talent on his run, the whole defence was playing brilliantly against good teams. Far better quality then he is facing north of the border at the very least

No
    kryogen wrote: »
    He has 96 minutes to go I think so could possibly happen in the next game, certainly at some stage early in the game after if not.

Particularly given the unbelievable ****e that is the SPL I will be a bit saddened if he does break, it looks pretty likely now in fairness, today was Celtics 15th league win in a row Im pretty sure I heard em say on SSN.

I may sound like a dick, I just dont think he deserves the record. VDS faced some real talent on his run, the whole defence was playing brilliantly against good teams. Far better quality then he is facing north of the border at the very least

Celtic play Aberdeen away during week. 2nd in table. If anybody is going to do it then its the Sheep.

• Advertisement

No
    Speaking of VDS............

BhHh-iaIMAACDs6.jpg:large

Jesus what a pair of keepers!

Schmeichel was such a physical beast its kinda funny seeing Edwin tower above him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

No

I agree with ya on this one. Even when Rangers were in the SPL, it was still absolutely muck from about 2005/6 onwards. At least when Rangers were in it, there were the Old Firm Derby matches to give it a bit of a spark.

Now? It's appalling in standard and in terms of matches you'd actually want to watch. Even Hibs v. Hearts (a lite-beer version of the Old Firm) isn't up to much.

Fair play to the chap if he breaks the British clean sheet record, but in all fairness, when you consider the two goalies who held it before him (VDS and Petr Cech), it's kind of a joke too. Both VDS and Cech were playing in the Premier League, which is light years ahead of the SPL in terms of quality.

Wouldn't begrudge the chap his record if he gets it, but I understand where you're coming from. It's like Celtic winning the SPL every year now. Yeah, sure, it's great and all that... but... nobody else has a hope in hell either. It's hard to explain really, but if the challenge is of a lesser sort, surely it demeans the achievement a little?

It's like, why is the Champions League so much more prestigious than the Europa League? Better teams and a bigger challenge in the former for a start. The bigger the challenge, the better the prestige, I would think.

No
    Jesus what a pair of keepers!

Schmeichel was such a physical beast its kinda funny seeing Edwin tower above him :)

Ya that was first thing that caught my eye.

Lot of man love for both here

If the record is not befitting of Scottish league keepers then VDS will still retain the English Prem League record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Reading a bit of tosh about Gundagon being a confident potential deal.

Have serious concerns, some real developments this season with a chronic back injury. Either going to be masterstroke or epic failure

No
    TheDoc wrote: »

Have serious concerns, some real developments this season with a chronic back injury. Either going to be masterstroke or epic failure

A player with a injury record?

He will fit right in... Welcome to Manchester!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Has he played this season at all yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Golden boot rule should be applied, ie Celtic need 2 games to count as 1 real league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

My concern would be if Kagawa can't get a look in where would that leave Gundogan who is similar enough albeit a deeper so far. I feel he'd be stuck in the no man's land Cleverley has found himself in many times this season. He might deal with it better but it's still a potential problem. I don't see how the likes of Herrera, Gundogan, Kroos or whoever would be able to provide what they do for their current teams in the current United team.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement