Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

My point was quite simple. Last week, the majority of lads in here were *shock horror* having conversations with Liverpool fans in here, now after a win against Palace there is no interest in a conversation, just about how obsessed we are.

Newsflash buddy, we are much more interested in how Spurs are doing.

I know, as usual always fighting with Spurs when we fight with likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, City bar this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I know, as usual always fighting with Spurs when we fight with likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, City bar this season.

Here come the thanks............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Thank god, good season for them is just playing for 4th place, imagine them playing like Bayern.. I would just close the account and take permanent break from all football forums.

If I was you I'd retire

Here comes the another one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    I missed the game yesterday. How did Fellaini play?

He played well, broke up play a lot got forward too, if he plays like that more with better fitness we're laughing.

Here comes the another one..

You seem to be the one with the obsession.

:eek:

OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No

To be fair you are in the manchester united thread lookibg for reactions but yeah giggsy is the one obsessed... :rolleyes:

No
    I have to give moyes a bit of praise making the mata deal happen. Resigning rooney was good business and signing afroman was good business as he played well yesterday looks to be a very good player.

Add to that he is putting groundwork in scouting in italy germany etc so can see him buying a lot of good players in summer.

My only doubts are is he united standard as manager? I was calling for his head ill admit but seeing him resign rooney has warmed my cold heart a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Newsflash buddy, we are much more interested in how Spurs are doing.

Really???
    So if I went through your posting history, how long would I have to go back until I found some of your posts in the Spurs forum?
    That's if you even have any there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    BloodBath wrote: »
    I find it funny that Liverpool supporters are so preoccupied with United.

I never go into the Liverpool thread or any other team thread. Likewise on facebook.

Enjoy 4th while you can, it won't last for long. :)

There's 1 thing this season reminded me of though. Never show any pity or understanding to pool supporters, kick them when they are down and keep kicking them :)

and if you do go into their thread all they talk about is us lately.

But hey we are the ones obsessed I guess;)

JywIVQu.jpg

No
    Really???
    So if I went through your posting history, how long would I have to go back until I found some of your posts in the Spurs forum?
    That's if you even have any there...

I just went through 15 pages of posts.. 15% pool related 85% united related.... OBSESSED.......

I just went through 15 pages of posts.. 15% pool related 85% united related.... OBSESSED.......

Well that's a blatant lie but you enjoy the thanks :)

No

Dont really have problem they can talk about us all they like, its just funny if they were mentioned in here they come in with the smart comment of

"oh I thought I was in the Liverpool thread" comments.

Always enjoyed that one:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No
    Why can't we all just get along.

No
    niallo27 wrote: »

We have asked that question for quite some time

No

Care to answer my question?
    Have you ever posted in the Spurs forum?

You're as bad as Niallo dodging questions ;)

niallo27 wrote: »

Because for some reason whenever a fan of a different club posts in the "wrong" thread they are automatically accused of trolling, baiting, looking for a reaction or something similar. It's absolutely ridiculous, did it ever occur to people that lads (myself included) just like to talk about FOOTBALL?

• Advertisement

Care to answer my question?
    Have you ever posted in the Spurs forum?

You're as bad as Niallo dodging questions ;)

I have never noticed a spurs thread on here and that's the truth.

Feel free to go through my posts since the turn of the year, I have repeatedly written off Uniteds chances of catching us and stated Spurs are the only genuine challengers to us getting 4th.

Here come the thanks............

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No
    Thank god, good season for them is just playing for 4th place.

A win today puts LFC 4 points behind leaders Chelsea. Not that you need a maths lesson but LFC are still in a great position to contest higher than 4th, so not just playing for 4th in our so far good season.

No
    One win against Palace and this thread completely changes.

Genuine intererest of a discussion you say and you post this earlier

No
    Because for some reason whenever a fan of a different club posts in the "wrong" thread they are automatically accused of trolling, baiting, looking for a reaction or something similar. It's absolutely ridiculous, did it ever occur to people that lads (myself included) just like to talk about FOOTBALL?
    You come in with an agenda you will be met with hostility.
    There's plenty of posters that can come in here and talk about football without a problem.

No
    20 reasons to celebrate lads...

Let them talk trash this year they know whats coming next year yes that will be 21 reasons to celebrate

• Advertisement

You come in with an agenda you will be met with hostility.
    There's plenty of posters that can come in here and talk about football without a problem.

Believe me, I do not have an agenda. I'm not a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

NukaCola wrote: »
    A win today puts LFC 4 points behind leaders Chelsea. Not that you need a maths lesson but LFC are still in a great position to contest higher than 4th, so not just playing for 4th in our so far good season.

4th is the best Lpool can hope for imo.

Genuine intererest of a discussion you say and you post this earlier

Yes and I explained what I meant by that post.

No
    Believe me, I do not have an agenda. I'm not a child.

You might try and pass it off as football discussion but it's clear to see from your posts in this thread and match threads that it's not.

You might try and pass it off as football discussion but it's clear to see from your posts in this thread and match threads that it's not.

Care to provide some of these posts?

• Advertisement

No
    Care to provide some of these posts?

No. I'm well aware of your posting style, it's all I need to know.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

20 reasons to celebrate lads...

Let them talk trash this year they know whats coming next year yes that will be 21 reasons to celebrate

That sounds awfully like 'next year is our year' :p

No. I'm well aware of your posting style, it's all I need to know.

Didn't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No
    bmcc10 wrote: »
    4th is the best Lpool can hope for imo.

Wouldn't be too sure. Chelsea and City are on a different level, cant see them losing much ground. Arsenal have a tough fixture list coming up so could see them losing ground. 4th is most likely LFCs highest position but not a certainty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I cant take any posts seriously from a supposed Liverpool fan with the name Aguero

No
    Didn't think so.
    "I can't be the only one wetting himself with excitement at the thought of the Mata to United deal blowing up in their faces, their thread is hilarious at the moment.

There's no way that transfer is going through in Uniteds favour."

Who said that?

Who said that?

What was my agenda? And what has that got to do with match threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Agueroooo wrote: »
    You've just been Hodged lads....

Moyes Sunday paper quotes: "It isn’t always the best teams that get to the final in Europe. Liverpool in 2005 gives us hope."

fűcking hell he is managing Manchester Utd.

Would Fergie, Jose, Pep, etc ever say similar?

Moyes, master troll :)

Anytime my pool mates crack on with the "05" Champions league, I usually have them quiet about it in a few minutes.

It wasn't as much a heroic comeback as a Milan side completely handing it to them on a silver platter.

Also agree with some others, I never check the Liverpool thread, or anything Liverpool related. The odd time I check the Chelsea thread, very odd time.

Don't see the appeal of jumping onto other teams fans or being obsseessed with how they do , small club mentality :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It was a good win for United yesterday, though they will need to win every game from here on out to have even the slightest chance of 4th.

I just dont see us slipping up to the degree that United will overtake us.

Some circle jerk going on in this thread btw.

No
    What was my agenda? And what has that got to do with match threads?

Just an example of why you might get hostility in here.

You said earlier that Spurs were the only team you were worried about since the turn of the year and to check your posts to prove it..
    "I fear a lot of Liverpool fans are going to have excessive amounts of egg on their face in May when United finish ahead of us"

• Advertisement

Just an example of why you might get hostility in here.

You said earlier that Spurs were the only team you were worried about since the turn of the year and to check your posts to prove it..

When did I post that? Iirc it was in defence of Moyes.

NukaCola wrote: »

And only 3 points off Spurs from 5th position, there are equal chances that Liverpool might end up at 5th position.

No
    When did I post that? Iirc it was in defence of Moyes.

I don't care anymore tbh. I don't like being reduced to going through somebody's posts.
    Just don't be surprised when the red carpet isn't rolled out for you every time you venture in here.

No
    Anyway enough of this.

So Manchester United..........................

Anyway enough of this.

won 20 league titles.

Am i doing it right?

No
    Anyway enough of this.

We were talking Manchester United until someone popped in to take us down a peg or two for being a little optimistic about our form after a win. Happens every time...

I genuinely think it annoys some people when we are not pissing and moaning about the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    I know its been asked before but I can't remember. Isn't there someway that people that reply to posters you have on your ignore list that those posts get ignored as well (an extension for browser maybe - I use Chrome mainly). Just to make the thread more readable. Ta :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I genuinely think it annoys some people when we are not pissing and moaning about the team.

This could be said of fans from (and against) every team.

It's banter. It goes both ways. If you have a probelm with it, you're in the wrong place.

And yes - I think Spurs are a bigger threat to Liverpool for now. Could all change next season and evey non-United fan knows this (although some United fans will be claiming otherwise if it happens).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

No
    This could be said of fans from (and against) every team.

It's banter. It goes both ways. If you have a probelm with it, you're in the wrong place.

And yes - I think Spurs are a bigger threat to Liverpool for now. Could all change next season and evey non-United fan knows this (although some United fans will be claiming otherwise if it happens).

All for Banter.

Im all for Liverpool fans giving it socks and laughing at us. Honestly its not a problem.

But there are the Humour Thread, The Match threads, Where will United Finish thread, Is David Moyes Done Thread and their own thread for that if they want. Ye can even thank each others posts and all!!;)

Genuine Man United fans would like just one place where we can talk United without getting into silly little snide remarks about 5 Times, 20 times and so on

• Advertisement

No

I have no problem with it. I've more respect for someone that berates a team blatantly and often, not trying to hide it, than somebody who spends a lot of time in other super threads under the pretence of wanting to talk about football.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement