Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

If the Gundogan stories are true it would be good but its a risky signing.

The Gundogan of a season ago was great but he hasn't kicked a ball this season and if the stories of his back injury are true then I'd be worried that he may not be the same player again.

This situation would have a but of the Hargreaves about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I have no problem with it. I've more respect for someone that berates a team blatantly and often, not trying to hide it, than somebody who spends a lot of time in other super threads under the pretence of wanting to talk about football.

So it's ok for someone like yourself to get carded in the Liverpool thread and post in pretty much every Liverpool match thread in the same negative way because you don't try to "hide" something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    That sounds awfully like 'next year is our year' :p

Yeah but unlike pool united fans mean it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    So it's ok for someone like yourself to get carded in the Liverpool thread and post in pretty much every Liverpool match thread in the same negative way because you don't try to "hide" something.
    I very rarely post in Liverpool threads anymore, the odd match thread depending who they are playing. I was getting the same reception you are getting here, so it was pretty pointless.

I very rarely post in Liverpool threads anymore, the odd match thread depending who they are playing. I was getting the same reception you are getting here, so it was pretty pointless.

Ah so you agree how ridiculous the reception you got was and yet find yourself doing it to people here? Cool.

And before you try jumping the gun, I have never once given out about a United fan posting in the Liverpool thread. It's a discussion forum, it wouldn't be very entertaining if we all just sat in a circle agreeing with each other while Dutch ruddering each other.

The main discussion I've had on a United thread was the other day when someone said ye should sign Reus and play him in central midfield. Should I have just stayed quiet and let him bang on with that nonsense because I don't "belong" in here?

• Advertisement

No
    Ah so you agree how ridiculous the reception you got was and yet find yourself doing it to people here? Cool.

I never said it was ridiculous, I deserved it. Stop making stuff up.

I never said it was ridiculous, I deserved it. Stop making stuff up.

Well if the reception you got wasn't ridiculous, that means you think it was warranted yes?

No
    Well if the reception you got wasn't ridiculous, that means you think it was warranted yes?

"I deserved it" would surely mean yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,660 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Burn this thread and start a new

So you intentionally set out to wind up Liverpool fans? May I ask, how old are you? Feel free to pm me on this btw, instead of dragging this thread off topic.

• Advertisement

No
    So you intentionally set out to wind up Liverpool fans? May I ask, how old are you? Feel free to pm me on this btw, instead of dragging this thread off topic.
    No, usually defending comments made about United, then getting dragged down to others level. None of your business. No interest in continuing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The usual Sunday morning antics from Caught Offside;
    Besiktas Line-Up £15m Bid for Man United Playmaker

Man United playmaker Shinji Kagawa has been strongly linked with an Old Trafford exit this summer and now Turkish side Besiktas have entered the race to sign the bit-part player according to the Daily Star.

The Istanbul based side are ready to offer £15m for the 24 year old, who has started just seven Premier League fixtures this season, and a fresh challenge may interest in the Japanese international.

Kagawa had an average first season at Man United and his chances under David Moyes have proven limited but a death knell to his chances appears to have come in the form of January signing Juan Mata.

Former club Borussia Dortmund are also heavily linked with Kagawa and Man United may well be ready to consider decent offers for the attacking midfielder.

Besiktas currently sit in second spot in the Super Lig with boss Slaven Bilic clearly keen to pull off something of a transfer coup by luring Kagawa to Turkey to help boost his options in the final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Actually, it's a running joke against people who think Liverpool really mean it.

pool fan 1 - "Lucky win against Wigan, 1-0 own goal in the last minute."
    pool fan 2 - "Yeah - "our year!!" "

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No, usually defending comments made about United, then getting dragged down to others level. None of your business. No interest in continuing this.

Sorry, Will, but THIS is what happens you feed the bloody trolls. And if you can;t telll the difference between a troll and a genuine football fan from any team, you really can't complain.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    Superthread Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Swansea trying to do us a solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No
    2-2 in that game and I'm stuck watching Newcastle vs villa. Well done sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Kagawa leaving would piss me off. I watched about 20 minutes of the City match yesterday and Silva was brilliant, Kagawa isn't as good as him but he's in the same mould. Good dribbler, not lightning quick but quick enough to step away from a defender and most importantly, he can actually pass the ball well.

Selling Kagawa and keeping the likes of Young and Valencia would be another massive black mark against Moyes. We need clever players like Kagawa to help us move away from the rigid crap we've been playing with a few seasons now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

J. Marston wrote: »
    Kagawa leaving would piss me off. I watched about 20 minutes of the City match yesterday and Silva was brilliant, Kagawa isn't as good as him but he's in the same mould. Good dribbler, not lightning quick but quick enough to get step away from a defender and most importantly, he can actually pass the ball well.

Selling Kagawa and keeping the likes of Young and Valencia would be another massive black mark against Moyes. We need clever players like Kagawa to help us move away from the rigid crap we've been playing with a few seasons now.

Id agree. But we need to get away from the rigid 442 and this cross cross cross sh**e. We have the players to play ball in the final third. Kroos rather than Gundogan would be the ideal player to compliment Fellani imo behind Kagawa, Rooney Mata and RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No
    Kagawa hasn't been great, might be time to take our chances on somebody new.

Might get a few quid for him, and free up wages. I'd say he's on a few quid and not really justifying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Kagawa hasn't been great, might be time to take our chances on somebody new.

Might get a few quid for him, and free up wages. I'd say he's on a few quid and not really justifying it

Jasus there is a lot of others ahead of Kagawa not justifying it and on a lot more than him

No
    You could free up more wages by getting rid of Young and Valencia.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

As much as I like Kagawa and hope he stays/gets chances I think he isn't actually required for United to change style of play. Mata & Rooney with Januzaj will do that. Even with Kagawa a different type of player, someone like Reus, Robben etc is needed in attack to bring pace in. Bringing in that type of player will restrict Kagawas opportunities even more.

Midfield will if course be improved to give the base for attack.

No
    Had newcastle and spurs double. With Newcastle winning there, I'm in a win win situation, if spurs win I win money, if they lose or draw they drop points and gives us a chance to catch them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

J. Marston wrote: »
    You could free up more wages by getting rid of Young and Valencia.

We will always need players like them to win Premier League games. If United change to a more patient style they provide a plan B that Arsenal for example have not had in years or City lacked last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Pool coming through in the end 4-3 - after watching the whole game they are very vulnerable at the back, if we can keep Suarez quiet then we could easily overturn them at OT with Rooney, RVP, Mata & Januzaj on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

No
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    And only 3 points off Spurs from 5th position, there are equal chances that Liverpool might end up at 5th position.

I agree, but we are not just fighting it out with spurs as you suggested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

irishfeen wrote: »
    Pool coming through in the end 4-3 - after watching the whole game they are very vulnerable at the back, if we can keep Suarez quiet then we could easily overturn them at OT with Rooney, RVP, Mata & Januzaj on form.

You only get three points for a win. 11 points behind.

United need three other teams to beat them. . .

Ultimately every match is a must win for united now. . .Ain't gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No

Don't forget about sturidge. 8 league games in a row scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Ah lads stop talking about catching Liverpool. We have blew that while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

No
    Ah lads stop talking about catching Liverpool. We have blew that while back.

lets hope spurs catch them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    jebus84 wrote: »
    lets hope spurs catch them :pac:

Dont think they will. Traditionally the biggest bottlers in the PL.

No

Southampton v Liverpool 17:30

Liverpool v Sunderland 20:00

Manchester United v Liverpool 13:30

Cardiff City v Liverpool 15:00

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur 16:00

West Ham United v Liverpool 15:00

Liverpool v Manchester City 15:00

Norwich City v Liverpool 15:00

Liverpool v Chelsea 15:00

Crystal Palace v Liverpool 15:00

Liverpool v Newcastle United

remaining fixtures they have 3 or 4 games that points can be dropped but its one thing them dropping points we have to make sure we get the wins as well, and for anyone going to say we wont get 4th at this stage or we wont catch them i agree, its too little too late at this stage, but id like to see us make a good run till the end which would give us good confidence going into next season

No

Nevermind Suarez, all they need to do is play Skrtel and we're guaranteed a win.

It won't make a difference for the fourth spot race but at least it'll put an end to their title hopes and yes, I am that petty this season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    We've won, what, a single game against a top 7 or 8 team this season. So yeah, not at all confident that Liverpool, who'll be on a high at thoughts of trouncing us to "end our chances of 4th" (be they long gone or not), can be beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We've won, what, a single game against a top 7 or 8 team this season. So yeah, not at all confident that Liverpool, who'll be on a high at thoughts of trouncing us to "end our chances of 4th" (be they long gone or not), can be beaten.

We'll just troll them by winning the Champions League instead.:pac:

No

He said we could easily overturn them at Old Trafford. He didn't say anything about beating them to 4th :confused:

He said we could easily overturn them at Old Trafford. He didn't say anything about beating them to 4th :confused:

So what?

Is that how low Moyes has brought United in 8 months that it's all about looking ahead three weeks to beating Liverpool and missing out

1) On any sort of serious title challenge

2) Champions League football next season.

Reminds me of the 80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Not sure what's more annoying. Watching United this season or reading bitchy arguments in this thread.

4th is gone, 5th will be hard to get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't think for a second that we'll get 4th, but until it's mathematically impossible then it is not gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Certainly need to speed up and be slicker.

Genuinely pleased that more patience was displayed and more attempts at passes around the box rather than just kicking the ball into the box.

Carrick had 135 successful passes today so good to see him being influential in teams approach.

Nearly as many as Kroos had against a 10-man Arsenal team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Felexicon

5th just got a bit more likely. Norwich 1-0 up

No
    So what?

Is that how low Moyes has brought United in 8 months that it's all about looking ahead three weeks to beating Liverpool and missing out

1) On any sort of serious title challenge

2) Champions League football next season.

Reminds me of the 80s.

So what??
    So stop inventing arguments that aren't there. He said we could beat Liverpool at OT that's all.

Macca07 wrote: »
    Nearly as many as Kroos had against a 10-man Arsenal team...

But Carrick was playing against Crystal Palace - who, let's face it, are shïte.

So what??
    So stop inventing arguments that aren't there. He said we could beat Liverpool at OT that's all.

Ah here. . . Let's bring back the theme tune to "The Match" from the 1980s . . . when the highlight of United's season was the potential to beat Liverpool.

Regarding Rooneys contract, I don't think anyone was complaining when RvP was signed for over £20 million pound, in his last year of his Arsenal contract and was given a four-year contract worth £250K a week.

Rooney will cost United around £80 million for the next 5 years. A replacement would cost the same. I def prefer Rooney extending his contract than letting him go and having to sign a replacement.

But Carrick was playing against Crystal Palace - who, let's face it, are shïte.

It was more tongue-in-cheek than anything tbh, just the praise for Kroos after the Arsenal game was a bit OTT. But he is a fantastic player, and would love to have him at United.

Macca07 wrote: »
    It was more tongue-in-cheek than anything tbh, just the praise for Kroos after the Arsenal game was a bit OTT. But he is a fantastic player, and would love to have him at United.

As opposed to his brother Felix . . . who received two yellow cards in three minutes to get sent off in the Bundesliga playing for Werder Bremen today.

As opposed to his brother Felix . . . who received two yellow cards in three minutes to get sent off in the Bundesliga playing for Werder Bremen today.

Sign him up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

At a stag weekend and missed the game, read through the match thread which was surprisingly short (we must have played okay)

Looks like Fellaini had a good game, was there anything new or just the same old stuff?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement