Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I think ye should Hire Roy Keane to replace Moyes

I dont think it will solve your problems one jot but I suspect he might Cantona kick Evra in a rage watching him wonder about the pitch this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    v3ttel wrote: »
    WTF? I wonder if people just have stock phrases that they are waiting to throw at United fans.

Unless we've already signed Kross and let him go, maybe you could explain how that is "living in the past"?

Also, could you point out how many of us have seriously said we'd win the champions league? Very few, I'm betting, without it being tongue in cheek.
    Current champions living in the past :rolleyes:
    You would swear we were harking back to the 80's ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No
    With regard Kroos, wouldn't be at all surprised if his people are just stringing United along in order to get a higher wage for their client.

At the end of the at, he'll get paid and we'll have to go searching elsewhere.. again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

With regard Kroos, wouldn't be at all surprised if his people are just stringing United along in order to get a higher wage for their client.

At the end of the at, he'll get paid and we'll have to go searching elsewhere.. again.
    Seems as though Bayern are having none of it and will set their own terms with regards to wages - he might well just settle with Bayern's terms but you would never know, maybe they (with their ridiculous other talent) might make an example of him so not set off a landslide of players asking for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Its funny deep down we all know we won't win it but I can bet you even if we were playing Bayern, Real, Bayern at the latter stages I would have convinced myself by kick off that we have every chance of winning - supporting a team always gives you tunnel vision.

If we get that far I be behind the team 100%.

I think we could beat Real. Not saying they are worse then Bayern or Barca but of the 3 they be the ones we have best chance for few reasons. We be still underdogs of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

irishfeen wrote: »
    Seems as though Bayern are having none of it and will set their own terms with regards to wages - he might well just settle with Bayern's terms but you would never know, maybe they (with their ridiculous other talent) might make an example of him so not set off a landslide of players asking for more.

This is similar to Rooney, he'll drag it out but we all know both sides will compromise and there'll be no long term damage..

brinty wrote: »
    This is similar to Rooney, he'll drag it out but we all know both sides will compromise and there'll be no long term damage..
    Hopefully not ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    The #mufc manager confirms Jonny Evans and Phil Jones have not travelled. "Everybody else is here," adds Moyes.

Everybody?.....Nani is that you?...

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Hi lads, Arsenal fan here and interested in the Kroos situation. Find it odd that no one else is as heavily linked with him as he is a brilliant player currently and even more so potentially. Maybe I am not looking in the right places but you would imagine that one or two of City, Chelsea, PSG and the big two in Spain must be looking at him too?

If he does come out and says he wants to leave then all hell will break loose,they will all want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No
    In fairness I dont see many United fans say we are going to win the CL.

Most of us think we be doing well to get to QF.

Some people would do good job working for the English Media here.

Would be funny as fcuk if we did win it though, would silence the noisy neighbours

disclaimer : not for 1 second do i think we will win the CL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    I see Tunnicliffe has been told by Magath that he can leave Fulham.

Sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hococop wrote: »
    Franz Beckenbauer has told Bayern Munich contract rebel Toni Kroos not to “overplay his hand” and warned the club will not be held to ransom by the 24-year-old midfielder.

Kroos’ current deal expires in June 2015 and the Germany international has yet to agree terms on extending his stay with the European champions.

The club's youth product displayed his immense talent with a wonderful display in Bayern’s 2-0 Champions League win at Arsenal last week but that has not altered the club’s stance, according to honorary president Beckenbauer.

He told Sky: “You have to make a decision as a club when someone's demands are going through the roof. There is not a single player who's worth changing your entire wage structure for.

"Nobody's indispensable. If the player wants to stay at Bayern, I can only advise him not to overplay his hand."

Bayern sporting director Matthias Sammer was less forthright when asked about Kroos, who has been linked with Manchester United.

"Toni has a contract until the summer of 2015 and he will not be going anywhere before then," he said to Bild.

"And we are determined to make sure he will stay at Bayern beyond the expiry date of his current deal.

"We really value Toni and have shown so more than once."

Kroos has made 35 appearances in all competitions for Bayern so far this term, scoring twice in the process.

Seems they won't overpay, is it worth a bid in the summer or is it a waste of time

Bayern youth product is overplaying it isnt it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Sake.

Probably refused to carry a 100kg bag of weights around a 25km obstacle course through a field of landmines, knowing Magath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Sake.

jaysus you would have to wonder what he could have done in ten days for Magath to want him gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

yabadabado wrote: »
    jaysus you would have to wonder what he could have done in ten days for Magath to want him gone.

Maybe he can't cross it well enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    Decent win for the under 21's 1-0 vs Sunderland.

Nice strike from Jesse Lingard from the edge of the box to the bottom corner.Sunderland didn't put up much of a fight sat back looked to counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kagawa has played in 5 of our 6 CL matches.

Does Moyes prefer him in Europe? Or the more likely he was just picked because of injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    Jan Vertonghen is talking about leaving Spurs in the Summer.

Would you's be interested in him. I think he is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Kagawa has played in 5 of our 6 CL matches.

Does Moyes prefer him in Europe? Or the more likely he was just picked because of injuries

European refs give him frees in situations where he would just look like he had been pushed off the ball in the Premier league prompting calls that he has not adapted to the league which to be fair is probably the case.
    Hopefully he comes in, in a straight swap for Mata tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

imYL1ZqAscsrx.gif

More of this from Rooney and Mata please

No
    DM-ICE wrote: »

Was good effort too. Required decent save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

imYL1ZqAscsrx.gif

Brilliant. Getting hyped up for tomorrow's game. Does anyone know if Fellaini can still play tomorrow despite getting the red card against Sociedad(or Leverkusen, i can't remember).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

No
    GSPfan wrote: »
    Jan Vertonghen is talking about leaving Spurs in the Summer.

Would you's be interested in him. I think he is very good.

Definitely and he's very decent at left back too. He'd be a great signing.

No

Getting excited now, can't wait to see them link up like this tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Brilliant. Getting hyped up for tomorrow's game. Does anyone know if Fellaini can still play tomorrow despite getting the red card against Sociedad(or Leverkusen, i can't remember).

I think he's served his one match ban already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No

Ya he is eligible to play I am 99% sure.

It was the 5th group game he picked up his red, and it was for two yellows so surely only a one match ban.

No
    Can get huge odds on Mata being MOTM tomorrow night too. Reckon get money back anyway

Ya he is eligible to play I am 99% sure.

It was the 5th group game he picked up his red, and it was for two yellows so surely only a one match ban.

Thank God :D. It's gonna be great tomorrow.

No
    Can get huge odds on Mata being MOTM tomorrow night too. Reckon get money back anyway

Can you give me a summary of the best odds and what sites to find them cos I fancy lumping on?

No
    bantee wrote: »
    Can you give me a summary of the best odds and what sites to find them cos I fancy lumping on?

He is so far down they dont even have him. Great Value!!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/olympiakos-v-man-utd/first-goalscorer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Mata is cup tied lads.Rooney first goalscorer might be worth a punt 5/1

No

Thanks, I'll just pop into bookies tomorrow and put an unpriced bet on!

No
    Mata is cup tied lads.Rooney first goalscorer might be worth a punt 5/1

Serious?

No
    I will give 10,000/1 on him scoring 1ST Goal. Im a nice bookie.

*NON RUNNER NO MONEY BACK. THATS HOW I ROLL. TERMS AND CONDITIONS(ON MY BEHALF) APPLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

No
    bantee wrote: »
    Serious?
    Aye he was in Chelsea's 23 man squad.

No
    I will give 10,000/1 on him scoring 1ST Goal. Im a nice bookie.

*NON RUNNER NO MONEY BACK. THATS HOW I ROLL. TERMS AND CONDITIONS(ON MY BEHALF) APPLY
    What's the max you take? PM me obv...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Aye he was in Chelsea's 23 man squad.
    Mata played for Chelsea? When did this happen?

Cant wait to see Mata Kagawa and Rooney link up behind Fellaini tomorrow!

Going to be a tough game tomorrow.

If we manage to get through this round I don't think I could bring myself to watch the draw, nightmares of Ruud Gullit pulling out "Bayern München".

Did anyone see Vidic's comments after the game the weekend?

I admire his confidence but it's fairly delusional at this stage :pac:

kryogen wrote: »
    Cant wait to see Mata Kagawa and Rooney link up behind Fellaini tomorrow!

Guys, MATA IS NOT PLAYING 2MORO. HE IS CUP TIED. Not directly saying that to you but there has been like 20 people today thinking mata is playing 2moro.

• Advertisement

Going to be a tough game tomorrow.

If we manage to get through this round I don't think I could bring myself to watch the draw, nightmares of Ruud Gullit pulling out "Bayern München".

Did anyone see Vidic's comments after the game the weekend?

I admire his confidence but it's fairly delusional at this stage :pac:
    Bring it on! ... we are still Manchester United - the day we are afraid to play anyone (whatever competition) will be a very sad day indeed.

Olympiakos manager thinks we will buckle under pressure. They are unbeaten in their league and afaik missing their striker who got injured the weekend and no backup is available after the sold another to Fulham.

Its going to be a tricky tie and these guys will be fired up.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/manchester-united-could-buckle-under-pressure-says-olympiakos-boss-michel-4317139/

Mata is going to terrorise the Greeks tomorrow, worthy Spartan is our Mata

Guys, MATA IS NOT PLAYING 2MORO. HE IS CUP TIED. Not directly saying that to you but there has been like 20 people today thinking mata is playing 2moro.

NU3KE.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

No
    Can't wait for tmrw. Mata for first goal scorer, fancy Nani for anytime goal scorer and reckon Jones or Evans for man of the match!

No
    Anyway lads what ye reckon tomorrow night.

I think 1-1 or 1-2 United. If we got early goal I think we can win. But 1-1 for me if I had to say.

Are you sure?

Thought he was ok to play, didnt see it said at all before sorry

Brand new information.

@your airbag

That gif is quality :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

No
    Anyway lads what ye reckon tomorrow night.

I think 1-1 or 1-2 United. If we got early goal I think we can win. But 1-1 for me if I had to say.

We'll push for an away goal and try hold it if we get it. The Moyes way. 1-0 away win I think. They just won't have the firepower to cause Utd problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We will not be playing Mata.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement