Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Its going to be this. Moyes would be crazy not to.

DDG
    Smalling----Rio-Evans--Evra
    Giggs

Jones----Cleverley
    Mata

Welbz---Chico

Nah, not enough crossing:

DDG
    Smalling---Rio--Evans---Evra
    Rafael
    Giggs
    Young
    Valencia
    Welbeck
    Chico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Mata hattrick anyone? Or will he just get 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No

That is more like a typical Utd signing,can see this happening but i know nothing of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No
    Mata hattrick anyone? Or will he just get 2

Something the Mata with this post,am i the only Juan to notice this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Have to say, i really like Smalling at full back. Definitely his best position and there's a lot to be said for having height and strength in full back positions. Gets forward great and has a super engine on him to get back and put the boot in.

Rafael being such a headcase and his lack of height, i'd definitely like to see Smalling nail down the position permanently.

What do you all think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Lads Mata is cup tied he already played for Chelsea in the champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

fox007 wrote: »
    Lads Mata is cup tied he already played for Chelsea in the champions league

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMFTpIA_Vy26uGNOX2RW8oGTpL9uYgEUNduR4Hm9vbj7ZSaInUyQ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Have to say, i really like Smalling at full back. Definitely his best position and there's a lot to be said for having height and strength in full back positions. Gets forward great and has a super engine on him to get back and put the boot in.

Rafael being such a headcase and his lack of height, i'd definitely like to see Smalling nail down the position permanently.

What do you all think?

No. Smalling is far better at CB. He's not as much of a threat going forward and his delivery from wide is poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

No
    KH25 wrote: »
    No. Smalling is far better at CB. He's not as much of a threat going forward and his delivery from wide is poor.

Have to agree, Smalling is probably more solid at the back than Raf, but I watch football to be entertained, Raf is a far more exciting and entertaining full back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

KH25 wrote: »

Really? I always find him to be pretty poor positionally at CB. Fair point on his crossing, but he's a good passer.

I suppose different people watch the same matches and see different things, that's what makes the game so interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Rio playing 2 games in 3 days? I don't think he is capable of it now.

Would love to see
    De Gea

Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra

Carrick Fellaini

Januzaj Rooney Kagawa

RVP

Evans and Jones didn't travel as far as I know - could be Smalling at CB I suppose.

Rio won't have a game for two weeks after tonight, so plenty of rest - should be able to get through tonight if required. Has had plenty of rest leading up to it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

So no major news yet ahead of the game. Jones, Evans and nani all still out. Hopefully Rafael is back to fitness to start at RB, pushing Smalling alongside Vidic in the centre. Rio just can't play 2 games in 4 days anymore.

DDG
    Raf
    Evra
    Smalling
    Vidic
    Fellaini
    Carrick
    Januzai
    Kagawa
    Rooney
    RvP

Kagawa and Januzai could easily be swapped with Val and Young

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    Really? I always find him to be pretty poor positionally at CB. Fair point on his crossing, but he's a good passer.

I suppose different people watch the same matches and see different things, that's what makes the game so interesting!

Smalling and Jones are in similar positions IMO. Both have been regularly used in different positions. Both are CB's. They have the height and physicality for it but neither have been really given a consistent run in that position. I think both have a lot more to offer than they've already shown.

I think Rafael is a great RB. People overstate his 'hot-headedness' I think. Sure he has his moments (the Chelsea game this season for one) but he's not the only player like that. Rooney can be just as bad. I can understand playing Smalling or Jones instead of Raf against a team that dominates United in height, but on the whole Id prefer Raf to be played at RB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What do you all think?

Just speaking for myself of course

I think pretty much, exactly the opposite of what you think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    kryogen wrote: »

Speaking for myself - I pretty much think exactly as Kryogen does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hate seeing Smalling at RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

No
    Every time Smalling plays I expect at least one mistake. It’s obvious his confidence has suffered from being played out of position however it’s no excuse for the more and more common lack of concentration bouts he suffers from. I know Rio had them when he was younger but it’s frustrating knowing every game he has at least one and probably two unforced mistakes in him.

Rafael at RB can be superb, he too has had a comparatively poor season but I think he has potential to be one of the best in the world in his position. He is not there yet, and sometimes his temper gets the better of him. However I prefer players to give a fcuk rather than Evra on the other side strolling around the pitch as if he is playing kickabout with his mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

kryogen wrote: »

+1

Smalling is not good enough on the ball for RB. He often appears laboured, clumsy and offers very little going forward compared to what I'd expect from a RB.

His physicality, height and strength make CB the obvious choice for his best position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    EDIT: NVM it looked funnier before the quote tags went in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Smalling offers absolutely nothing on the right. He is a CB and a very good one at that, with the potential to be recognized as one of the better CB's around.

In saying that Rafael has offered very little on the right this season and his delivery has been shocking, so I suppose it doesn't make much difference at this moment in time.

• Advertisement

• Moyes has to consider Kagawa starting after a good performance against Bayer Leverkusen. He could play the same role Mata did against palace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Fabio was sold to Cardiff in the Jan window.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Moyes has to consider Kagawa starting after a good performance against Bayer Leverkusen. He could play the same role Mata did against palace?

I hope he does Kagawa has looked comfortable in the CL games so far,seems to enjoy the pace of the games and time on the ball compared the 100 MPH stuff that is the EPL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

His positioning is very good and he is an awful passer and a poor right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Moyes changed it up against Palace and we looked good. Surely tonight slotting Kagawa in to replace Mata allows us to play like this again hopefully we see it. Will be disappointed if we go back to just crossing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

That's because there's not. Some people just arrive in here and invent arguments.

Also, f**king lol at the suggestion that we couldn't get Kroos but Liverpool could.

ok lets pretend your in the kross household this summer

mrs kross: hey baby i heard you got two offers. man united wow. liverpool cool. so are you going to go play with suarez sturridge coutinho sakho and gerrard and play in the champions league or are you gonna throw away your career and play with rooney mata and the tall belgian with the hair and not even be in the europa league all the while taking career advice from moyes who will play you at right back?

mr kross: ahhhhh what did cesc/vidal/derossi/sneijder/thiago do when united came calling???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No
    Hopefully Moyes keeps with the same basic formation as the last game with Kagawa replacing Mata (still can't figure out why he's not involved.. he suspended?) and look to play the ball more through the middle.

Raf is fit for tonight yeah?

No
    Paulegend wrote: »
    Hey baby, Manchester United are offering me €300,000 a week and Liverpool are offering me €200,000 a week what should I go for...

No

mrs kross: hey baby i heard you got two offers. man united wow. liverpool cool. so are you going to go play with suarez sturridge coutinho sakho and gerrard and play in the champions league or are you gonna throw away your career and play with rooney mata and the tall belgian with the hair and not even be in the europa league all the while taking career advice from moyes who will play you at right back?

mr kross: ahhhhh what did cesc/vidal/derossi/sneijder/thiago do when united came calling???

lol

Sometimes that all you can do.

So Kroos is off to Liverpool then is he?

• Advertisement

Hey baby, Manchester United are offering me €300,000 a week and Liverpool are offering me €200,000 a week what should I go for...

so united, even if they finish outside the top 5/6 (outside europa spots) will be willing to pay more than 1 player 300k a week???

surely your dreaming

do you really think the wage budget will increase with the opposite of success (im not going to throw the "f" word at ye)

No
    lol

No, it's Kross.. First name Kriss.
    Used to wear his britches back to front.

He'll make ya... Jump!! Jump!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mrs Kroos : but dear that nice Thiago came and took your place at Bayern... we will go to Manchester yes, that nice Shinji will be there and that gorgeous silver fox van persie too, imagine all the assists you can provide...and that classy Janujaz too, he might bring me to Nando's and have me pay for his chicken dinner...and call his mama to come collect him

And i would never be able to understand the scouser accent dear..

Mr Kroos...Ok i go to manchester and play on kroos control, i hear Moyes likes to kroos the ball a lot...and i hear they need a new Toni with Valencia being put down...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

First I thought you were joking.

lol.

lol

hell no. liverpool wont get kross. liverpool wont afford kross. im just saying that kross would be more attracted to liverpools situation than uniteds.

people seem to forget that monaco psg juventus madrid possibly barca and even dortmund not to mention the other english clubs like arsenal city and chelsea will all look at kross IF he is available

and every one of those clubs will be able to match anything united can offer with the exception of champions league nights off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

hell no. liverpool wont get kross. liverpool wont afford kross. im just saying that kross would be more attracted to liverpools situation than uniteds.

people seem to forget that monaco psg juventus madrid possibly barca and even dortmund not to mention the other english clubs like arsenal city and chelsea will all look at kross IF he is available

and every one of those clubs will be able to match anything united can offer with the exception of champions league nights off

It's Kroos

brinty wrote: »
    Mrs Kroos : but dear that nice Thiago came and took your place at Bayern... we will go to Manchester yes, that nice Shinji will be there and that gorgeous silver fox van persie too, imagine all the assists you can provide...and that classy Janujaz too, he might bring me to Nando's and have me pay for his chicken dinner...and call his mama to come collect him

And i would never be able to understand the scouser accent dear..

Mr Kroos...Ok i go to manchester and play on kroos control, i hear Moyes likes to kroos the ball a lot...and i hear they need a new Toni with Valencia being put down...

have you ever heard the manchester accent :D just as bad

do you actually think anyone outside england has heard of Janujaz??

and van persie.............. what age will he be next season?? not exactly hitting his prime is he. his injuries seem to be back too. to be fair its probably a striker ye will need at this stage. ye could go for kevin doyle............

It's Kroos

who gives a sh1te. you wont have to get it printed on your jersey anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No

One year back in the top four and their excitement turns to delusion of grandeur.

• Advertisement

No
    who gives a sh1te. you wont have to get it printed on your jersey anyway

Lad you will be a big hit in here.

Big Hit!

stick around and share your wisdom!

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yes, a year without Champions league means ManUtd can't afford to pay wages anymore.

Wages to turnover ratio is around 50%, so ManUtd is in much healthy position than any other team in the league to offer high wages.

so at the moment what is yer wage to turnover ratio?

im just saying can will yer business heads allow ye to offer more wages on the grounds that ye are playing for less and therefor only able to recoup less

by finishing around 7th and losing champions league and position cash ye are looking at a possible loss of up to 80 million. (that would be if ye went on to win the champions league next season)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No

I think that just by responding to you you win because I feel that's all you want, but I couldn't resist cos I'm bored in work and genuinely can't tell if that is a serious post or not.

If you are being genuine the amount of delusion in that post is staggering!

One year back in the top four and their excitement turns to delusion of grandeur.

hell no. if it was spurs instead of liverpool id say the same for them. fact is players want to play champions league. but spurs and liverpool are probably bad examples as they need to establish themselves in the champions league. but as i said arsenal city and chelsea up against united fro KROOS' signature i dont think that that debate would last long

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

25.2.14.... no one finished top4 yet !

Lad you will be a big hit in here.

Big Hit!

stick around and share your wisdom!

i dont think the boards servers are big enough

lol im not trying to get under anyones skin im just responding to a comeback from yesterday when i said that i cant see kroos going to united in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

have you ever heard the manchester accent :D just as bad

do you actually think anyone outside england has heard of Janujaz??

and van persie.............. what age will he be next season?? not exactly hitting his prime is he. his injuries seem to be back too. to be fair its probably a striker ye will need at this stage. ye could go for kevin doyle............

attachment.php?attachmentid=165622&stc=1&d=1263355561

v3ttel wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=165622&stc=1&d=1263355561

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Here's a thought, besides the fact we will be shipping out some big earners in the summer, a year without Europe and we could get by in the league with a smaller squad thus having even less of a wages outlay making paying Kroos 300G as well as Rooney plausible.
    A more settled first x1 week in, week out would allow us to comfortably return to the top 4 and then we spend the excess CL dough again the following summer.

By the way I'm not advocating a quiet summer transferwise just that if we have no Europe next year we may not need to have the same number of ins as outs and the ins could be of a higher quality as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No
    i dont think the boards servers are big enough

lol im not trying to get under anyones skin im just responding to a comeback from yesterday when i said that i cant see kroos going to united in the summer
    Ha, not trying to get under anyones skin, yet you suggest we should move for Kevin Doyle, or that after one poor season going to United is now the same as throwing away your career.

Obvious what your are at here, and there is a simple enough solution for the rest of it, though I don't think I can state what it is because I think you can get carded for it, but ill be doing it myself anyway to save myself anymore wasted time with this childishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement