Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Paulegend wrote: »
    ??? by saying that united wont finish in the top 4??? by saying that a player might for some odd reason think its a step down to go to a club not in the champions league?? is that bigger than slagging off liverpools lack of success in teh last 24 years or liverpools 45k seater stadium?? really its just nit picking. there was no slagging going on in either direction. it may have been a discusion that a few didnt like the topic of but thats footie for yea

i feel you may be responding to someone else on your second point??? absolutely no idea what your talking about regarding infractions and modding etc. sorry

I like these ones where we selectively respond to parts of posts.......lets see.................ok I have it

You can get infracted for breach of the charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

lordgoat wrote: »
    It's a shame that so many posters got confused by your posts and assumed that you were on the wind up. As a united fan I agree 100% with you.

Also is Mata confirmed out for tonight?

i really am not trying to wind anyone up. if i was there would have been plenty of other opportunities than this to do it. united havent been great this year. liverpool havent been great for a quarter of a century bar a few glimpses of glory. even at that liverpool can still finish 6th or 7th technically so i wouldnt be getting too cocky on them just yet.

mata is definitely cup tied tonight but ye should be fine without him. the greeks have been solid at the back this season only conceding something like 10 in their domestic league so far but over the two legs ye should get a good result. my cash would be on a 4-1 united over the two legs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    i really am not trying to wind anyone up. if i was there would have been plenty of other opportunities than this to do it. united havent been great this year. liverpool havent been great for a quarter of a century bar a few glimpses of glory. even at that liverpool can still finish 6th or 7th technically so i wouldnt be getting too cocky on them just yet.

mata is definitely cup tied tonight but ye should be fine without him. the greeks have been solid at the back this season only conceding something like 10 in their domestic league so far but over the two legs ye should get a good result. my cash would be on a 4-1 united over the two legs

oh he's cup tied. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No
    If any of you are into betting paddy power have an enhanced special of 4/1 for van persie to score anytime tonight and united to win. Seems very good to me.

Provided we go with the same system as Saturday with Kagawa in for Mata I'm very confident for this evening.

Not going to get too excited until I see the line up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

kryogen wrote: »
    I like these ones where we selectively respond to parts of posts.......lets see.................ok I have it

You can get infracted for breach of the charter

youve completely lost me. are you saying that im accusing you of getting infractions??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    All of these posts means that my "I prefer Smalling at RB ahead of Rafael" is buried about 6 pages ago. Sweeeeet! ;)

Now to google some bulletproof opinions and fob them off as my own to get some credibility back.
    I just assumed the Smalling ahead of Raf opinion was in jest a la the Mata not starting tonight posts. :)

• If any of you are into betting paddy power have an enhanced special of 4/1 for van persie to score anytime tonight and united to win. Seems very good to me.

Provided we go with the same system as Saturday with Kagawa in for Mata I'm very confident for this evening.

Great price m8 I will log on later and slap a tenner on thanks!

Have you a link to back that up?

Sounds like crazy talk to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If any of you are into betting paddy power have an enhanced special of 4/1 for van persie to score anytime tonight and united to win. Seems very good to me.

What are they offering on Mata anytime goal scorer? Someone told me he got 6/1, that sounds like great value!

youve completely lost me. are you saying that im accusing you of getting infractions??

Im over here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭bren2001

Why would you drop Mata for Kagawa? Mata played the role perfectly at the weekend, why change the system :confused:

What are they offering on Mata anytime goal scorer? Someone told me he got 6/1, that sounds like great value!

Ill give you 13/2 right now, min bet 50euro though

• What are they offering on Mata anytime goal scorer? Someone told me he got 6/1, that sounds like great value!
    Confirmed cup tied...he played for Chelsea in group stages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No
    i've been supportive of moyes from the start but if he doesn't start mata tonight he needs to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    Its Kroos and Cesc not kross and cecs

kross cecs is not without it's charms though.

• kryogen wrote: »
    Ill give you 13/2 right now, min bet 50euro though
    :pac: Lolz

• Leftist wrote: »
    i've been supportive of moyes from the start but if he doesn't start mata tonight he needs to go.
    lol are you taking the piss?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Confirmed cup tied...he played for Chelsea in group stages

It's getting to the point now that I can't tell who is serious anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

this whole mata "joke" is actually stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

No
    lol are you taking the piss?

You could say... He's taking the 'M!Ck^'.

:pac:

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »

Mata is not a "joke", he's a top top top top player.

Only thinking about Jose and his latest comments, could you imagine if oul Moysie had said stuff as morale damaging as that? :)

Lynched I would imagine, very unlike Jose to allow himself get caught out like that in fact

Is it as stupid as the repeated genuine non understanding of the issue? No matter how many times it was stated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

But you were trying to wind ppl up. Your first post stated this:
    are you gonna throw away your career

in reference to the possibility of United signing Kroos.

Then there was this comment:
    and van persie.............. what age will he be next season?? not exactly hitting his prime is he. his injuries seem to be back too. to be fair its probably a striker ye will need at this stage. ye could go for kevin doyle............

Saying we have the possibility of signing Kevin Doyle, well done mate. A few years ago, Liverpool were actually linked with Kevin Doyle.

Then there was this delightful insight:
    i have expressed my opinion and if i where a betting man id bet quiet a lot on the fact that my opinion is 100% accurate

So your opinion is 100% accurate? So you can see the future? Lotto numbers please!!!
    noone is trying to wind anyone up. just having an opposing view. its not like yer all helpless here. there is quiet a bit of liverpool bashing been thrown back at my argument.

Liverpool bashing is quite common in here, this is the United thread. Fell free to go back to your Liverpool thread and start bashing there, but if you're going to attempt it here, expect some kind of comeback against you.

• It's getting to the point now that I can't tell who is serious anymore.
    100% not playing dude;
    It has been posted about 10 times in the last 2 pages.

and to stop all the nonsense;
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2014/Feb/Juan-Mata-blog-24-February.aspx

But I have a feeling people are not reading half the posts because there are a bit excitable when it comess to a certain kross :P

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

As stupid as talking about converting Reus to a CM?

kryogen wrote: »
    Is it as stupid as the repeated genuine non understanding of the issue? No matter how many times it was stated

Well Mata has confirmed it for us

Today my team-mates are packing for the trip to Athens, but I can’t go with them so I’ll stay in Manchester and support them from home. As you know, since I played the group stage with Chelsea I can’t participate in the same competition with my new team. It’s a shame because a Champions League match is always special and I keep good memories of this tournament that I was able to win just a couple of seasons ago.

100% not playing dude;

But I have a feeling people are not reading half the posts because there are a bit excitable when it comess to a certain kross :P
    It has been posted about 10 times in the last 2 pages.

and to stop all the nonsense;

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2014/Feb/Juan-Mata-blog-24-February.aspx

Thanks, but I know he's cup-tied. :pac:

I was being puckish because so many people are asking about it.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    As stupid as talking about converting Reus to a CM?

shhh

please done ever open that door again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No
    Macca07 wrote: »
    Well Mata has confirmed it for us

Today my team-mates are packing for the trip to Athens, but I can’t go with them so I’ll stay in Manchester and support them from home. As you know, since I played the group stage with Chelsea I can’t participate in the same competition with my new team. It’s a shame because a Champions League match is always special and I keep good memories of this tournament that I was able to win just a couple of seasons ago.

he's acting the blackguard. Will be there tonight nqat.

srsly though young will play left, valencia right. Will be a stinker of a game, a real awful bore fest and end 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

No
    Anyway onto tonight, I'm expecting a tight game, 1-1 or 1-0 United, can't imagine more than 3 goals total in the game.

United 1-0, Valencia first scorer or something like that ;)

Thecon21 wrote: »
    Anyway onto tonight, I'm expecting a tight game, 1-1 or 1-0 United, can't imagine more than 3 goals total in the game.

I was thinking 1-1 myself, but could go 2-1 either way. Saviola is missing for them, and he's a top top player.

I was thinking 1-1 myself, but could go 2-1 either way. Saviola is missing for them, and he's a top top player.

Only two tops? Wouldn't be too big a loss so.

reus can play attacking centre midfield......why do I have to explain myself over and over on this........

reus can play attacking centre midfield......why do I have to explain myself over and over on this........

So can I. Doesn't mean I should.

• Advertisement

• Thecon21 wrote: »

Has Valencia been confirmed to start?

Olympicos don't exactly have much attacking strengh from the wing back positions so not sure why he would start unless Moyes needed someone to double up.
    We should be concentrating on breaking down there tough defense with the same tactics as per palace game and ensure we concentrate when we need to defend set pieces.

Only two tops? Wouldn't be too big a loss so.

jamie_redknapp.jpg

No

Was just on paddy power and was looking at the specials, Vidic was 11/1 to score from a header anytime, yet he was 16/1 to score anytime (with no restrictions), how does that work? ha

Has Valencia been confirmed to start?

Olympicos don't exactly have much attacking strengh from the wing back positions so not sure why he would start unless Moyes needed someone to double up.
    We should be concentrating on breaking down there tough defense with the same tactics as per palace game and ensure we concentrate when we need to defend set pieces.

No team confirmed yet but ppl are presuming with Mata out (who knows why), he'll go with val on the right and Januzai on the left.

So can I. Doesn't mean I should.

he could easily have played either of carricks or fellainis role against palace at the weekend....and if he is signed in the summer that is the area of the field where he will be operating from

• Advertisement

Julez wrote: »
    Was just on paddy power and was looking at the specials, Vidic was 11/1 to score from a header anytime, yet he was 16/1 to score anytime (with no restrictions), how does that work? ha

because chances are he will score from his head from a corner or free kick.... doubt he has scored many with his feet for united..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Valencia can play right back.........................ZING!

Gotta love this quote from SkySports.com regarding the game tonight.
    But they have lost all four previous clashes with United, who may be tempted to throw Ryan Giggs into the starting line-up.

In United's four meetings with the Greek side, stretching over more than a decade, Giggs has started each game and has been on the winning side on every occasion.

So just because Giggs has played against them 4 times before and United won all the games, we should start him tonight!!! LOGIC

I've been to Old Trafford 4 times and United have a 100% record with my attendance, does that mean I should go to all the home games???

• bangkok wrote: »
    because chances are he will score from his head from a corner or free kick.... doubt he has scored many with his feet for united..
    POST OF THE YEAR LOLZ

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

@Nuri

Utd fans are loving you now for fúcking petrol on the last burning embers of the Reus debate - just as it was about to die off :pac:

some posters actually waiting in the wings til it finally died , but look what you've done now.

Reus as CB I say !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The last 10-15 whatever the amount of pages on here with the whole Mata joke has been painful to read.
    Whats the average age here ? 12?

Sorry,but it has been.

No

Yeah, but if you back him as anytime scorer he can score any way, head, foot, arse, whatever, and you'll get 16/1. But with the special he has to score with only his head and the odds are worse.

The last 10-15 whatever the amount of pages on here with the whole Mata joke has been painful to read.
    Whats the average age here ? 12?

Sorry,but it has been.

What Mata joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No

Are you blonde?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

What Mata joke?

he is signing of the season.

runs for cover!

I jest - I jest

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement