Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    KH25 wrote: »
    Moyes has turned the team into a joke. I thought the weekend was a positive sign but he's just reverted to the same awful system.

He will still probably say if Utd dont win tonight "the team played well,created chances but just lost out to an unlucky goal" standard stuff from Moyes

Olympiacos are pants tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Interestingly the formation tonight is a 4-2-3-1 like a lot on here have been clamouring for. Young, Cleverly and Valencia aren't cut out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Cleverley must be the must gutless footballer I have ever seen.

Moyes tactics are pathetic though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No
    Fcuking farcical :mad:

That team selection is pure cowardice from Moyes. What a complete joke that is after the positivity at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Moyes fúcking out, for the love of all that's holy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I would love to know both Fergie's and now Moyes' thinking as to why they continually pick Valencia. I can understand that they perhaps have a continental appreciation of Cleverleys passing skills but Valencia? I'm baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Embarrassing half. Just sack Moyes during the half time break for the team selection and the tactics. Just aimlessly hoofing ball foward, hoping somehow our attackers will score a lucky goal.

Carrick, Cleverley, Valencia and Young? Smalling as RB, Rio still playing when everyone knows his legs are gone.

No wonder we are struggling so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

I would love to know both Fergie's and now Moyes' thinking as to why they continually pick Valencia. I can understand that they perhaps have a continental appreciation of Cleverleys passing skills but Valencia? I'm baffled.

valencia has gone downhill big time since ferguson had him in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Cleverley must be the must gutless footballer I have ever seen.

Moyes tactics are pathetic though

La Liga appreciates his type of players though :rolleyes:

Someone should tell him there is an option to pass the ball forward rather than backwards or to wings.

No
    He's Hodgson x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

No
    I never want to see Valencia in a united shirt again. Even if he goes out and scores the equaliser and winner in the second half i don't care, i've had enough of his predictable sh!te!

The intensity to our play is all wrong. Without the ball we're not pressing either hard or fast enough and with it our passing is much too slow. Players are making runs, realising the ball isn't going to be released on time, coming back, and then the ball is played.

The annoying thing is there is loads of opportunities to actually beat this team down the flanks in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    I don't even know what to say. We've seen this first half's series of events play out about twenty times this season. Moyes has no idea what to do.

Roy Keane - 'nothing wrong tactically'. stfu keane and stop making me lose more respect for you than I already have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Shocking how easy other teams can just pass the ball through the Utd midfield,CM was as wide open as the Grand Canyon there for the goal

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Just in from work. Was looking forward to this. Was kidding myself Moyes had a road to Damascus moment in Dubai and decided to trust the players to play football. Looks like I was wrong. Reverted to type as soon as the pressure came on.

The man is just not the real deal is he? Will be disappointed if he's the one spending 100m this summer.

I don't care who he buys he won't instill confidence and belief in the players and worse he won't trust them to do their job. He ll over coach, micro manage as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Giruilla wrote: »
    Roy Keane - 'nothing wrong tactically'. stfu keane and stop making me lose more respect for you than I already have!!
    It's too easy and lazy to simply blame tactics all the time. The players out there tonight are simply cowards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Some comments from my fiancée:

1. Who are the team Man United are playing?
    2. I've never heard of that team.
    3. Are you not amazed that Man United aren't winning? I don't even know who that other team is.
    4. Can you watch the match on your laptop because it looks really boring and I'd rather watch something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    You know Valencia will probably get moved to right back later if we're still behind. You know he's gonna be caught out and gift them another goal...
    I've a groundhog day feeling with these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No

3. Are you not amazed that Man United aren't winning? I don't even know who that other team is.
    4. Can you watch the match on your laptop because it looks really boring and I'd rather watch something else.

You've got a keeper there.

It's too easy and lazy to simply blame tactics all the time. The players out there tonight are simply cowards.

fundamentally not encouraging/allowing your players to play the ball through midfield in a team with rooney and rvp up front is tactical failure imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Embarrassing half. Just sack Moyes during the half time break for the team selection and the tactics. Just aimlessly hoofing ball foward, hoping somehow our attackers will score a lucky goal.

Carrick, Cleverley, Valencia and Young? Smalling as RB, Rio still playing when everyone knows his legs are gone.

No wonder we are struggling so bad.

Young is playing well.
    Cleverley oh my fúcking God...he's okay with the ball at his feet but Christ he never wants it. Whats with the pass and hide move by him constantly. Fúcking ridiculous

Carrick very meh too. Looks a bit shaky

Valencia is a shadow of himself. Strong going fwd but so sloppy, no end product.

Need more ammo to RVP, how frustrated he must be....him and Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    OctavarIan wrote: »
    Interestingly the formation tonight is a 4-2-3-1 like a lot on here have been clamouring for. Young, Cleverly and Valencia aren't cut out for it.

Its a blatant 4-4-2. Dunno where youre pulling a 4-2-3-1 from.

Not too dissimilar of a situation going on in my gaff. I've long schooled her on the aesthetic pleasures of a United European away tie! Although we were away for a few days sojourn when we hammered Leverkausen and I got to watch that in a master suite with lots of wine, that was fun, at least meself and the missus will always have that!

Anyway back to tonight's game, Antonio Valencia, his ability as a footballer keeps on regressing, he really needs to go this summer.

Its a blatant 4-4-2. Dunno where youre pulling a 4-2-3-1 from.

Player positions for the first 15 minutes

BhWHc5LCQAA9rYE.jpg:large

For comparison, 30-45 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We're so shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Ferdinand is having a nightmare tonight. For all the money we are planning to spend during the summer, it will be running to stand still. Replacing Vidic and Ferdinand just as important as sorting out CM.

And to think that Moyes actually said during last summer that we didn't really need to strengthen the team! A bit of playing the official game and not criticising Fergie's team or did he genuinely believe that.

I said before in jest but if I was given the O'Neill Keane option for managing United for the next season or two as opposed to Moyes and Steve Round I know who I would pick.

Ah sh!t 2-0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Lads I hope more of ye have woken up and smell the roses about ****ing David Moyes time at utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

**** me we're ****

No
    This might force the Glazers hand. There might be some speck of light at the end of this faeces-filled tunnel.

• Advertisement

This bollox that's trotted out about Rooneys admirable desire.....blaa blaa blaa. There is no way a nominal number ten should be chasing back to left back to put a tackle in then ping a forty yard ball to RVP who is on his own up top.

It shows a complete lack of tactical discipline. He's not playing in the school yard chasing the ball about. World class me arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

If Utd get one back tonight they could win one nil at home, it's not over yet.

J. Marston wrote: »
    This might force the Glazers hand. There might be some speck of light at the end of this faeces-filled tunnel.

Can't see going out of Europe at this stage being a trigger point for them

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Why oh why does Moyes play Cleverley alongside Carrick. Just does not work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    If the board had any sense we'd have a new man in for the second leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Tis a great laugh you know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone that doesn't put the blame straight on the shoulders of Moyes tomorrow morning needs their fcuking heads examined.

After a great performance against palace where we did so well in midfield, he drops Fellaini.

He reverts to a cowardly 4-4-2 against the weakest team in the tournament.

Joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Why....why am I watching this :(

If Rooney goes into CM I will cry

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone that doesn't put the blame straight on the shoulders of Moyes tomorrow morning needs their fcuking heads examined.

After a great performance against palace where we did so well in midfield, he drops Fellaini.

He reverts to a cowardly 4-4-2 against the weakest team in the tournament.

Joke.

Agree with your point but don't go over board on Fellaini. He was above average. Never approaching great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

No
    Absolutely ridiculous how one man can ruin a club, how our greatest manager thought he'd be good enough and how he's lasted this long in the job. Moyes is a complete liability, he can't motivate the players and his tactics are outragously outdated. He needs to be shown the door and soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yahoo Eurosport:
    Vidic and Ferdinand almost lose the ball between them, then Cleverley makes sure of losing the ball and hoofs it to nobody.
    Shinji Kagawa is coming on soon. For every player? Because they've all been terrible.
    Moyes needs to get Cesc Fabregas and Ander Herrera on as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No
    And we're going to give this clown £100million to spend??

This tie could be over tonight.

how can the play change so quickly with the simple removal of 2 players?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    All it takes is a lucky goal and we're right back in it.

That said: Ah jaysus.

For all the vitriol directed at Moyes, not a single Utd player on that pitch looks bothered. Strolling around like it's a pre-season testimonial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

For all the vitriol directed at Moyes, not a single Utd player on that pitch looks bothered. Strolling around like it's a pre-season testimonial.

Yep same story all season. Really pathetic from the players.

Giruilla wrote: »
    how can the play change so quickly with the simple removal of 2 players?

Because Olympiakos aren't sitting back in their own half like Palace did. Even Cleverly would have had a good game with the amount of space they gave Utd's midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Ok. The first goal was very unfortunate to concede but this performance is dismal and justs sums up how shocking we have played this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Young looks like he cares, plenty of effort.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement