Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This is poison.

I knew today was going to well. Top review in work..new house...few other bits all came in today.

I knew United would make a meal of it. St the same time team have been HORRId. Moyes going 4-4-2 was inviting pressure from a team with no strikers.

But the players...jesus Christ the amount if unforced errors and slack passing is disgraceful. Shocking stuff.

Why is it 4-4-2...away from home in Europe. Makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

No
    The players clearly have lost faith in the manager, it'll be incredibly difficult to claw his way back when he's lost the dressing room. I really can't see how he can stay after this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Agree with your point but don't go over board on Fellaini. He was above average. Never approaching great.

I guarantee if Fellaini was out there alongside Carrick we wouldn't be 2-0 down to the worst team in the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Can't see going out of Europe at this stage being a trigger point for them

The manner of going out though? Olympiakos are dominating us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Vidic, Rio, Valencia, Cleverley, Carrick, Smalling, van Persie, Rooney... All pathetic

The sooner Vidic and Rio goes the better. Two useless players at this stage. Vidic is a complete liability on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No
    1 attempt on goal in 70 minutes. Absolutely pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I guarantee if Fellaini was out there alongside Carrick we wouldn't be 2-0 down to the worst team in the competition.

Agreed with you but you overstated his performance on Saturday. Great he was not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Agree with your point but don't go over board on Fellaini. He was above average. Never approaching great.

it's not about just him, it's about how he allowed the team and especially carrick freedom as he was an actual presence in midfield and not a gaping f*cking hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

J. Marston wrote: »
    The manner of going out though? Olympiakos are dominating us.

The league will be far more of a concern. I fear we will take the patient approach with Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

No
    No desire or fight out there at all. For me Moyes has gone beyond the point of no return. Out asap please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Going on this season and on tonight, €300m would only bring us to the point of being able to compete with City and Chelsea, and that's assuming it's spent well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    All these average players I've never even heard of and where making them look great.....

Absolute ****e.

Getting so sick of watching this clown play championship manager with one of the biggest clubs in world.

If i wasn't following United for so long I'd give up watching there games cause we have turned into an awful awful team to watch. There's nothing to be excited about at the club right now until we get a real manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

No
    scudzilla wrote: »
    And we're going to give this clown £100million to spend??

he's already spent 64m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

No
    It really has come to the point where moyes has to go. It's getting to a stage where Europa league will be a stretch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    :( :pac:

Nooruddean ‏@BeardedGenius 5m
    I'm going down with the ship. Playing 'Come on David Moyes' on my violin.

Agreed with you but you overstated his performance on Saturday. Great he was not.

Completely disagree. He did a great job in shoring things up, thus allowing our attacking players to, you know, attack instead of having to come back and try to fill a gaping hole where Olympiakos have completely abused us.

The league will be far more of a concern. I fear we will take the patient approach with Moyes

Of course we should. Vidic, Rio, Smalling, Evra, Cleverley, Valencia, Young, Carrick, Rafael have all been pathetic. The best performance we've had this season has been when Moyes' two signings have been on the pitch.

Carrick doesn't suit the way we want to play anymore. Too pedestrian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Worse thing about it, Moyes will escape criticism again. I can never understand why he gets off lightly with the papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

No
    I'm sick of this ****ing **** , time for moyes to go and **** off , this is just not good enough , would bayern real or barca stand for thus ****e .

• Advertisement

Giruilla wrote: »
    it's not about just him, it's about how he allowed the team and especially carrick freedom as he was an actual presence in midfield and not a gaping f*cking hole!

I'm too p*ssed off with this sh*t to be bothered arguing with you!

No
    OctavarIan wrote: »
    For all the vitriol directed at Moyes, not a single Utd player on that pitch looks bothered. Strolling around like it's a pre-season testimonial.

but he has to take the blame for that. They didn't stroll like that last season. he's not motivating them - not that it should be hard to motivate someone to play for such a club. but with him at the helm the players can't be arsed.

If this was Mourinho people would be saying how he was a genius by making all the criticism be directed toward the manager. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

No
    Like watching a bunch of headless chickens. No idea what they're doing out there, all over the shop. The level of football from United players is shockingly bad. They don't even look interested.

It is the de—moyes of Uniteds beautiful play.

I'm too p*ssed off with this sh*t to be bothered arguing with you!

fine, but I can't imagine how anyone could argue a case against the massive difference fellaini made to the team at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

United were not even this bad when i took them over in Football Manager in the 90's and sold all their best players to myself,

They still ran me scarily close, this season must be utterly depressing for a United fan.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Of course we should. Vidic, Rio, Smalling, Evra, Cleverley, Valencia, Young, Carrick, Rafael have all been pathetic. The best performance we've had this season has been when Moyes' two signings have been on the pitch.

Carrick doesn't suit the way we want to play anymore. Too pedestrian

Do you put that down to all those players or the manager? They werent as bad under the last manager.

The best performance was still a pretty average one to be honest. It was one of the best of a bad bunch.

I see zero logic for sticking with Moyes.

Headshot wrote: »
    Worse thing about it, Moyes will escape criticism again. I can never understand why he gets off lightly with the papers

Sure he put out 4-4-2 which I dont agree with.

Complete lack of tempo from the team
    Players making unforced errors
    Passing completely inept

Do people need Moyes to be on the pitch ? Another prime example of the whole ordeal. Sure might not be best formation...completely rubbish performance from the players again. Absolutely rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

No
    Really Robin??

We need RVP to take those

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    but he has to take the blame for that. They didn't stroll like that last season. he's not motivating them - not that it should be hard to motivate someone to play for such a club. but with him at the helm the players can't be arsed.

Sorry but that's bollocks. These players should give their everything 100% of the time. They aren't and a lot of them need to go.

The entire panel on SSN at half time wouldn't criticise him. The worst any said about United at all was Bonner saying it was a poor squad (comparable to where they finished last season). That's it.

No
    RVP would of buried that last season. He screams of a player lacking confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No
    Sick of reading about 442 on here tonight.

442 isn't the problem anyway and it's rarely 442 when you've got Wayne Rooney who drops deep most of the time.

It's Moyes tactics , selections and players underperforming for him that's the problem imo.

Lucas Hood wrote: »

442 isn't the problem anyway and it's rarely 442 when you've got Wayne Rooney who drops deep most of the time.

It's Moyes tactics , selections and players underperforming for him that's the problem imo.

4-4-2 exposes far more weakness and hides far more strengths than 4-2-3-1

Lucas Hood wrote: »

We lined up 4-4-2. No10 drops into midfield regularly .That's happened in 4-4-2 for the last ten years.

Saturday we played 4-2-3-1 and noticsble difference in patience possession and dominance

RVP would of buried that last season. He screams of a player lacking confidence

He would have had about 6 chances last year too. Not 1

Do you put that down to all those players or the manager? They werent as bad under the last manager.

The best performance was still a pretty average one to be honest. It was one of the best of a bad bunch.

I see zero logic for sticking with Moyes.

Who was decent last season. RVP? Carrick? That's about it. Carrick disappears when the going gets tough and RVP has been injured and off form. Valencia, Cleverley, Young, Rooney were all sh1te last year. Ferguson was just a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Cant wait to hear "we knew coming here that Olympiacos were a tough side and would be a match for anyone,the lads played well"

Time for Moyes to jog on and carry some of the deadwood with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Incredible stuff, hard to believe how a Manchester United team can be this bad. This United doesn't belong in that competition.

Smalling has had one of the worst individual displays I've ever seen from a professional footballer, he may as well be drunk out there.

Giruilla wrote: »
    fine, but I can't imagine how anyone could argue a case against the massive difference fellaini made to the team at the weekend

I'll just say this and leave it at that . It goes to show how bad we've become if a 28m midfield player doing a decent job against Crystal Fu*kin Palace is viewed so positively.

No
    Sorry but that's bollocks. These players should give their everything 100% of the time. They aren't and a lot of them need to go.

i agree with you to an extent, a player should be bursting to play for a club like man u. but these lads arent doing it. you have to wonder why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    4-4-2 exposes far more weakness and hides far more strengths than 4-2-3-1

Except we were not playing with 2 up top tonight , Rooney was dropping deep like he does all the time .

You check Rooneys average position from tonight before he moved back to cm and his position against Palace and you'll find he was generally in the same position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

No
    Cant wait to hear "we knew coming here that Olympiacos were a tough side and would be a match for anyone,the lads played well"

Time for Moyes to jog on.

I can't listen to his interviews anymore, puts me into a mad rage.

No
    Just makes me so cross that we are being destroyed by one man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    I'll just say this and leave it at that . It goes to show how bad we've become if a 28m midfield player doing a decent job against Crystal Fu*kin Palace is viewed so positively.

Manager said before the game that the team were coming into the game in good form,what is that based on? A win against Palace,shocking stuff.

well that goes without saying.

Who was decent last season. RVP? Carrick? That's about it. Carrick disappears when the going gets tough and RVP has been injured and off form. Valencia, Cleverley, Young, Rooney were all sh1te last year. Ferguson was just a genius.

If Fergie is a genius then Moyes has to be at the complete other end of the scale. Performances from pretty much every player was a lot better last season. Do you put this down to coincidence? I don't.

We need someone in who is capable of managing this club cause Moyes has proven he has not. Nothing is being learned. No more excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Olympiakos..A team who sold there best player to Fulham, then bought a lad from Qatar as a replacement and who is our injured. A team who have no recognised striker with Saviola injured too. A team who was spanked at home by PSG in the group stages. This is a very average team that out fought and out played the Premier League champions. We strolled around the pitch while they were full of energy and pace. They wanted it a lot more than us

Something is wrong and its Moyes. After beating Palace on Saturday why did he drop Fellaini & Januzaj?? Januzaj didnt even make the squad and he was not injured. Cleverley, Young, Smalling, Valencia & Ferdinand cannot start for United ever again. They are an embarrassment to the club, this was not just a defeat but an humiliation. Why did Moyes start Cleverley with Carrick? it hasnt worked all season. They cant play together, its not good enough. Did we even get a shot on target? Disgraceful performance

Were out of the champions league and that is Moyes fault. In cup competitions we've been knocked out by Swansea, Sunderland & now Olympiakos. Were lingering 6th in the league 11 points off 4th. Moyes should resign tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Well that's it, they'll probably finish us off at OT

Nothing left to play for

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement