Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    sack him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Christ that was beyond sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No
    Theres always the secon.... The Lea.... At least we have our health?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    smalling is a disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

lordgoat wrote: »
    sack him now.

And being in who?

There are lots of reasons why this hasn't worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    And there we go, the 2013/2014 season has finished. There's no way we're putting three past them in the return leg. Moyes will still try and play it safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

No
    The players don't give a ****

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The most depressing thing about tonight is that Moyes has brought all the optimism and all the hope to a shuddering fcuking halt with that team selection. Last week against a dogged Palace side, we showed conviction, skill and the ability to play some football. Kagawa in for Mata. Start Fellaini to cover the fact we had to play Rio and Vidic for the second time in 4 days.

Well done to Olympiakos, they completely exposed our weakness.

Another joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    ITV panel to blame the team and let the manager off

Very infuriating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Well that's that. 2-1 and I'd have given us a good chance, I honestly see no way back from that result.
    We won't keep a clean sheet and won't score 3 or more at Old Trafford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The team whose best player was good enough for Fulham and lost 3 of their best players and still Moyes set up team to defend and earn a draw. ****ing midtable mentality.

Just sack him and admit we made a mistake and move along. I'm not sure giving him to waste 100s of millions is the right way to go. ****ing awful and looks out of his depth from the word go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Olympiakos..A team who sold there best player to Fulham, then bought a lad from Qatar as a replacement and who is our injured. A team who have no recognised striker with Saviola injured too. A team who was spanked at home by PSG in the group stages. This is a very average team that out fought and out played the Premier League champions. We strolled around the pitch while they were full of energy and pace. They wanted it a lot more than us

Something is wrong and its Moyes. After beating Palace on Saturday why did he drop Fellaini & Januzaj?? Januzaj didnt even make the squad and he was not injured. Cleverley, Young, Smalling, Valencia & Ferdinand cannot start for United ever again. They are an embarrassment to the club, this was not just a defeat but an humiliation. Why did Moyes start Cleverley with Carrick? it hasnt worked all season. They cant play together, its not good enough. Did we even get a shot on target? Disgraceful performance

Were out of the champions league and that is Moyes fault. In cup competitions we've been knocked out by Swansea, Sunderland & now Olympiakos. Were lingering 6th in the league 11 points off 4th. Moyes should resign tonight

Would you skip out on a life changing payday? What will he be owed......15 millions? more?

People don't walk away from that. He will be made sign a settlement in the summer for sure but he will end up leaving with millions in his pocket. Their own fault for giving him a contract that length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    Why did he start Cleverley, Young, Valencia. You just can't defend him anymore. Sure the squad needs reinvestment but why start the worst possible midfield we can in such a massive game. It's just so baffling to me. At the end 2 of them were subbed off, what did he expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Cleverley, Young, Smalling, Valencia & Ferdinand cannot start for United ever again.

Whatever about the rest of the post I think its way out of line calling Rio an embarrassment to the club. Sure he isn't anywhere near what he was and its time to move him on but the guy has been an awesome cb for us over the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

No
    Well let's look at the positives...

That was one hell of a tash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Wow can't believe I renewed my season tickets for next season already. Tonight's performance lacked guts and desire. To many players not good enough to wear the shirt :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

nuxxx wrote: »
    Why did he start Cleverley, Young, Valencia. You just can't defend him anymore. Sure the squad needs reinvestment but why start the worst possible midfield we can in such a massive game. It's just so baffling to me. At the end 2 of them were subbed off, what did he expect?

The entire midfield was awful. You can't leave out Carrick. He was atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Why do they insist on having 3 weeks until the second leg!! I suppose it will give us another few weeks to cling on to the hope that we will resurrect our chances in europe.

No
    Moyes to blame the lack of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

No
    Red Crow wrote: »
    And being in who?

There are lots of reasons why this hasn't worked.

I'll give it a go,can't do any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Young is so much better on the right. He's one if the few who didn't totally piss me off tonight.

Why Cleverley?

Why Rio?

Why Valencia?

Garbage of the highest order.

Bite the bullet, play Rooney or RVP, not both. Play a proper number ten.

Massive job now in the summer. Five or six players needed.

All that said these are not great and could easily be beaten at OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Out of all the poor preformances out there Clev was the worst. He must never play for us again, he was so poor it was like we had ten men. He tried 42 passes in total, completing 32 of them.

I watched him closely tonight and his off the ball movement I thought was initially shocking and then it started to look like he was hiding, like he didn't want the ball passed to him.

You'd think when Rooney dropped so deep, I mean collecting the ball from Rio and Vidic deep. You'd think when this was happening that Clev would think "Hey this is my job, maybe I should be the link between defense and attack". Carrick too was poor.

For the second goal Clev gave the ball away and fcuking strolled back. Rio did close down the player and he scored a cracker.

Carrick when pressed always passed it backwards. This happened 5-6 times.

Rio, Val and Young were shocking. Rio is done. RVP blew a good chance too. Rooney couldn't make anything happen.

That RVP would have left us needing only one.

Januzaj and Kagawa must start the second leg.

Squad in tatters
    Players not giving a fcuk as some are moving on
    Poor performances
    Not trying hard enough

But yes sack the manager.

WE HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN DAVID FCUKING MOYES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    Van Gaal is available in the summer, maybe we were just waiting for him all along

No
    20+ of being able to remember matches and tonight was the worst display i've seen. I can't remember anything as bad. Including the hammerings from Liverpool and City recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

clev and valencia are massive problems. of which moyes it's the route cause

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No
    I thought after the weekend it would have been a Eureka moment for Moyes but no. That's enough for me now anyway.

- pathetic tactics
    - pathetic team selection
    - unable to motivate his players
    - transfer window failings
    - etc
    - etc

David Moyes does not deserve to be manager of Manchester United. Nothing we have seen this year suggests otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I went up on my roof in the pouring rain to fix my satellite dish, and slid down along the tiles on my arse, just to watch that ****e.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

No
    Isn't clev on 80k a week? Shocking.

No
    as bad as moyes as manager has been the players should be ****ing ashamed of themselves

• Advertisement

No
    Squad in tatters
    Poor performances
    Not trying hard enough

No we don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    Squad in tatters
    Poor performances
    Not trying hard enough

Who caused the problems you named before you said "Sack the manager"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Squad in tatters
    Poor performances
    Not trying hard enough

Rubbish. He is quite clearly the biggest problem we have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I can't take anymore. Moyes out please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I'm afraid to say that Moyes has to go. I've backed him all season but tonight's performance was the final straw for me.

Either bring back Fergie or Roberto Martinez please.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Whatever about the rest of the post I think its way out of line calling Rio an embarrassment to the club. Sure he isn't anywhere near what he was and its time to move him on but the guy has been an awesome cb for us over the last decade.

He should retire tonight and concentrate on selling hats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No
    Headshot wrote: »
    Moyes to blame the lack of luck

"I thought he played well"

Same shïte as usual I bet.

How long is in charge now ? 8/9 months and were showing no signs of improvement under him.

No
    Giruilla wrote: »
    clev and valencia are massive problems. of which moyes it's the route cause
    young too... rio too old vidic doesnt care smalling utterly useless and evra is ****e... no fluidity at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,472 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Huge problems to resolve. Chis smalling has regressed so far it's frightening. Ferdinand should be following vidic out the door. Ashley young would be some player if his ability matched his effort and tom cleverly needs to be moved on, he's young enough to do an apprenticeship as a electrician or a plumber, but he'll never be a footballer.
    Olympiakos were so average it exacerbated unitedStates shortcomings. And although united weren't screwed by them Ineed any way the match officials seemed a step or two off the pace tonight.

Glazers Out!

Why can't people understand and accept that Moyes is going to be here for the Summer?

I'll take a bet with anyone that he won't be sacked before the start of next season. Ferguson won't allow it. Ferguson knows that he needs time and even if Moyes can't get it going next year then at least he'll hopefully have removed a lot of players from the club (Val, Vidic, Rio, Clev etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

as bad as moyes as manager has been the players should be ****ing ashamed of themselves

100% agree they are a disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    The David fcuking Moyes menu

Hope the Moyes backers enjoy.

cartman_poo.gif

No
    ffs blame the team instead of the manager, ffs it head wrecking.

You put in a proper manager and you wouldnt get this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

yomtea98 wrote: »
    The players don't give a ****

To be fair Welbeck when he came on did look like he gave a sh1t, but ya that was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Things are bad enough without listening to Adrian Chiles the f*****g clown what the f**k does that clown know.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

A lot of players look disinterested. Its almost like a couple of them know they wont be around next season so they could not care less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

No
    It's feels like I have gone into an alternate universe. There is no way that the team that won the league last year are the same team I just watched playing that crap.

Or maybe I have descended into the 9th circle of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Kroos to Liverpool

Dolls_Laughing.gif

Almost as funny as Manchester United to win the champions league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

collie0708 wrote: »
    Wow can't believe I renewed my season tickets for next season already. Tonight's performance lacked guts and desire. To many players not good enough to wear the shirt :-(

Where are you seated?

If you dont want em Ill take em off your hands

• Advertisement

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Almost as funny as Manchester United to win the champions league.

Did your mammy help you make up that response? Cute...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement