Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    A lot of players look disinterested. Its almost like a couple of them know they wont be around next season so they could not care less

Results have been terrible since the start of the season, enough excuses. Moyes is just wrecking my head lately. We played great last weekend in the league and he reverts back to the same sh1t system and sh1t players that have been costing us points all season. It doesn't make any sense to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Last year we were drawing away in the Bernabeu at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

People also have very short memories and forget how sh1te we played last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

I couldn't agree more with red crow, the sooner Michael Carrick is replaced the better, slows everything down to a snails pace, totally kills any pace or momentum that we might have! I understand the criticism of players like Smalling , but I don't agree with it, he's playing out of position at full back and looks solid when at centre back! Van Persie looks like he's already packing his bags, Rooney won't be there long if his performances don't improve, Young and Valencia aren't even close to being good enough to play for Manchester United, Evra is following close behind them! We all know about ferdinand and giggs and vidic, and I think there'll be serious business conducted in the summer, and i think this is the only reason moyes is keeping his job at the moment, but united looked naive tonight, and persisted with a game plan that we see easily defended against almost every week now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Some of ye clearly didn't hear Fergie,when he said give Moyes time,it turns out that was code for 'Im getting out cos team is ageing at the back,****e in midfield and I wrung a title out of them'

Moyes will be there to spend money in summer....and will be given until at least Christmas to work with his own squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Red Crow wrote: »
    People also have very short memories and forget how sh1te we played last year too.

This is a whole new level of sh1teness!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Let play Moyes post match interview bingo!

-hopefully
    -turn it around
    -unlucky
    -should have taken our chances
    -a few mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No
    Lads, silvering linings, only 3 games left in the Moyes era.

I'm looking forward to the all day session on March 20th, the day after the 2nd leg when we are celebrating the good news

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Half time at The Panel in Vicar Street, the lads just finished interviewing Tubberdy.

Check how football went.

2-0

Yeap. **** Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Come on Moyes show your face!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Deserved that result for the stupid team selection.

The stupid decisions not to reinforce midfield in winter or get a full back gets more Frustrating with every week. Just before the window opened a half decent season was still possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

I just don't understand moyes. On saturday he played a great attacking team with mata, rvp, rooney, and januzaj and it worked great. Also with fellaini and carrick together was a success. Why not then simply replace mata with someone capable such as kagawa.

But no instead the genius moyes decides to forget about januzaj and forget about fellaini and bring on the sh**e trio of cleverly,young and valencia.
    This has got to be the hundredth time moyes has changed/rotated his squad. It seems he just wants to give everybody a chance no matter how bad or incapable they are. Just f**kin stick to what f**kin works moyes!!!

bmcc10 wrote: »
    This is a whole new level of sh1teness!

Why name 5 games outside of the Real Madrid ones where we played well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

No
    Moyes should stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

A lot of players look disinterested. Its almost like a couple of them know they wont be around next season so they could not care less

That's probably the exact cause of the troubles at the club this season. That and the first team looking completely rudderless. Tom cleverly just should not be playing for united, never mind playing in a possibly season.saving champions league tie. Lots of midfielders and defenders required in the close season. And then time will be needed for those new players to gel, so basically there's no escaping the length of time this rebuilding job is going to take.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm afraid to say that Moyes has to go. I've backed him all season but tonight's performance was the final straw for me.

Either bring back Fergie or Roberto Martinez please.

F€ck off away from our managers!

On a serious note, bobby Martinez isn't the man that United need. it would make no sense in going for another manager who is unproven at the top level.

They need a manager that has been there and done it. From a stock market point of view the outlook for next season will tell a lot, equity houses certainly won't want more uncertainty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Carrick sounds very much like Moyes here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

FutureGuy wrote: »

-hopefully
    -turn it around
    -unlucky
    -a few mistakes

-thought we played well
    -cant fault the players' efforts
    -concentrate on the next game
    -a different game at old trafford

Keane is great!

"That interview was just like the performance" :)

Headshot wrote: »
    ffs blame the team instead of the manager, ffs it head wrecking.

You put in a proper manager and you wouldnt get this

ITV lad asking Carrick about the players letting themselves down.

• Advertisement

Keane looks like he's going to go psycho on someone lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Keane is seething on ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No

-hopefully
    -turn it around
    -unlucky
    -a few mistakes

A good drinking game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    Lets be real here, whatever about any other problems with the club Moyes is out of his depth. To an embarrassing degree. If it wasn't for his record with Everton, if you were judging him on this gig alone he ain't far off Stan Staunton territory. At the end of Stans reign I used to console myself after each disaster that he were closer to the chop. Same feelings here. Disappointed with everything about tonight but hoping (probably beyond hope) that someone with sense puts the chap out of his misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    kryogen wrote: »
    Carrick sounds very much like Moyes here

Its like a contagious disease

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No
    Its like Moyes is untouchable it seems the media always blame the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    ugh no itv interview with lame duck moyes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

No
    Rooney won't be there long if his performances don't improve,

i think he will be. 300k a week till he's 33. he can play as ****e as he likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

No
    Honestly, can we just sign Keane up for the rest of the season to scream at the players to do something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Don't be silly we've been poor for a few seasons now but this is the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No
    ician wrote: »
    Honestly, can we just sign Keane up for the rest of the season to scream at the players to do something

Or at least kick the **** out of cleverly until he plays well

Manchester City 0-2 Barcelona
    Arsenal 0 - 2 Bayern
    Olympiakos 2 - 0 Manchester United

I'll let that settle in for a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    bad2dabone wrote: »
    i think he will be. 300k a week till he's 33. he can play as ****e as he likes.
    nobody else will pay his wages.... he is there til he retires after that mammoth contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

No
    Carricks interview said a lot. No confidence , lack of interest etc .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    Lol at the drunk fan signing to Keano in the background on ITV

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Is there any reason to keep Moyes? Even juat an interm manager for a few weeks wouls be worth a try. cant be much worse or do much more damage....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

89 points and so close to knocking out Madrid team.

Last season even though we were goal or 2 down, almsot everyone was confident we would turn it on its head, this season a goal down and it's game over.

Comparing it to last season wouldn't give Moyes any leg to stand, it will only embarrass him even more.

Lost to Newcastle, WBA, Everton at home, lost to Greece oponents for the first time, lost to Swansea, Stoke for the first time, dropped points against woeful Fulham at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    ician wrote: »
    i would take keane in a heartbeat... at least he would address CM

Headshot wrote: »
    ugh no itv interview with lame duck moyes

forcing me to watch tv3 to try catch him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

kryogen wrote: »
    Where are you seated?

If you dont want em Ill take em off your hands

Sth stand 3 rows from the pitch, sure I will have plenty spare next season so give me a shout anytime you are looking. I will give you all next seasons champions league tickets for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Too true, bigger shake up in the summer than most of us thought I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Arsenal 0 - 2 Bayern

We were the only team playing away from home. So we got that going for us. Right guys?...............guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is becoming tiresome.

Moyes ain't leaving. Many of the poor players will be. That's where things are at the moment.

United are not a club who will readily dismiss their manager like the majority of clubs in the Premier League.

All the Moyes criticism on internet forums and whatnot? The club doesn't care. Ferguson and Charlton don't care either.

So that's where things are.

If fans boycotted matches or launched some sort of vociferous campaign to oust him then the club would take notice. But they still wouldn't get rid of him. Most likely Ferguson would make a public statement urging fans to cease the campaign and back the manager and that would likely buy him more time.

But he WILL get time. Make no mistake about it.

So all these posts of 'Moyes out', 'he's destroying the club' etc. are about as effective as opening your front door and yelling at the clouds not to rain tomorrow.

The club has made it perfectly clear he will be backed, at least until this time next season or near enough to it, and regardless of whether United are in the Champions League or not.

He will be given time. And if fans can't take this then tbh stop supporting the club because this is the kind of club Man United are, and that is what Fergie made clear in his retirement speech at the end of last season and numerous times since.

My thoughts on the game tonight: bad result, but the tie's not dead. On to the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

nobody else will pay his wages.... he is there til he retires after that mammoth contract
    I have visions of Rooney doing a Winston Bogarde on it once he hits 30.,,,..drinking like a fish,playing in the reserves and collecting his lolly.;(

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Don't be silly we've been poor for a few seasons now but this is the worst

Change of tune so. Well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

No
    People blaming the players. Fair enough. They've been awful. But why have they gone from strolling to the title last season to not giving a flying f**k now? True, some of them are going at the end of the season, but why not drop them? Why did he play Vidic? He's leaving. He has nothing else to play for. Why play Evra? The way he's played, Buttner couldn't do much worse. Smalling, all of a sudden, has turned into a disgraceful excuse for a footballer. But maybe that's because he's being played OUT OF POSITION.

Who makes these decisions? Moyes. Moyes and Moyes alone. He deserves the blame, and he deserves to fall on the sword. He is not good enough, was never going to be good enough and will never be good enough. 2 shots on goal away to Olympiacos for f**k sake. West Brom, Everton, Newcastle at home. Swansea, Sunderland in the cups. What will it take for him to get sacked? Empty stadiums? Sponsorship drying up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

No
    Squad in tatters
    Players not giving a fcuk as some are moving on
    Poor performances
    Not trying hard enough

But yes sack the manager.

WE HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS THAN DAVID FCUKING MOYES.

Eh he's the gob****e picking these players.

Drop them and play the players that want to play, simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Ye he wouldn't inspire any confidence that the team are up for trying to pull the tie around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Its time for the fans now to get Moyes out.

We have the most patience fans in the world. No other club in the world would put up with this.

Arsenal 0 - 2 Bayern

yep, no English team has scored in the knock outs yet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement