Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Kirby wrote: »
    I was with you up till that point. Laudrup. Seriously?
    Yep. Successful coach with a good footballing philosophy and someone I feel the players would respond to and respect considering he was a better player than all of them bar maybe RVP, who seems to be the biggest victim of the confidence drain running throughout the team at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    Liverpool's official twitter account tweeting to Olympiakos. And we're obsessed.

• OctavarIan wrote: »
    Well at least we'll have Mata back for the second leg.
    Oh nooo the joke of doom has returned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The tactics were 1950 stuff. I mean playing pretty much 4-4-1-1 today is what Trap got knocked on head for.

Yes certain players like Cleverley who was gutless yet again and Valencia was awful, but main blame lies with manager.
    But its not only Cleverly and Valencia .... its Valencia, Cleverly, Evra, Ferdinand, Young, Vidic, Carrick ......... :( I'll say no more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Liverpool's official twitter account tweeting to Olympiakos. And we're obsessed.

Did you see the banner the Olympiakos fans had tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No
    Just remembered there someone mentioned rvp and fergie, the rumour I had heard was he had told rvp hewould be there for 3 more seasons but as I said this was a rumour I was told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

No
    I've no doubt Moyes would get us 4th in the next few years if he's kept and is allowed to spend but that's hardly good enough for United is it

Welcome to my world for the last 20+ years.

Moyes will not make it to the end of the season, he will leave himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

stankratz wrote: »
    Keane is dead right, and he looked a bit bewildered there at the lack of emotion in Carrick's interview. The ITV interviewer did his best to get some quote out of Carrick, but Carrick was a shell. To be honest, Carrick's words and his demeanor couldn't be further apart. 'We just need to get better results', haha Michael surely you are just keeping a United front, don't want to call it as it is, and don't truly believe that is the fundamental problem?

After all the hope from Saturday's game, we have now reverted back to this shíte. It never changes; Moyes puts out a shíte team with shíte tactics, then when we go 1 or 2 down, he empties the bench of mostly the players he should have started, and then the stench of fúcking desperation chokes us all while acting as laughing gas for ABUs and neutrals alike.

No Fellaini at all? With Rio and Vidic playing, I would have thought Fellaini would be the man to protect this back 2, as he did quite well last Saturday. Plus in not playing tonight, the returning Fellaini who is need of minutes will now not get a chance to play for another 10 days or so, slowing his reintegration back into the team needlessly.

Smalling was a disgrace. Antonio Valencia needs to be shipped out. Shinji Kagawa, who unfortunately occupies the bench these days, played the only bit of football that the team indulged in all night when he came on. Real shame what is being done to this very talented player.

Ah David, you are hammering the nails into your own coffin, you are threading the very rope that will hang you, basically you are doing yourself no favours at all never mind Manchester United. This season is so painful to endure, and the small glimmer of hope we get every once in a while, i.e. performance/result against Palace only makes it worse in my opinion. I was so sure Moyes had seen the light in looking at the way the team were set-up to play last weekend, makes tonight even more frustrating

Make no mistake, Olympiakos were decent especially in the way they closed everyone of our players down and subsequently out and maintained that pressure, but it really was like Headless Chicken Run watching our lads go about. I don't give a fúck, there are serious deficiencies in our squad and team, but not the kind that should see us more likely get bet than win in any match we now play. This whole ordeal is really the worst I can remember since I actively started following the team and matches in 1989, something has got to change.

This rate of going, Moyes should bow out as soon as the season ends. There are fans who 'don't want us to be like City and Chelsea' with a revolving door of managers, and I was like this myself up until recently. But where those teams sacked managers because they weren't winning trophies, our situation is totally different. Those clubs hadn't fallen out of the top 4 or were going through a downward spiral like the one Manchester United are definitely in now.

And the lack blame directed at Moyes from the TV pundits is laughable. Yes the players have blame to accept, but that has been mentioned over and over now. In fact, I think the players have been placed too much in the firing line as of late in lieu of their manager escaping it. I can't see RvP and his 'mental softness' staying next season to chase long balls and off-aimed crosses for another year, of which he hasn't got many left as a professional.

A bit sick here to be honest.

What did Keano have to say? Was watching TV3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

collie0708 wrote: »
    Sth stand 3 rows from the pitch, sure I will have plenty spare next season so give me a shout anytime you are looking. I will give you all next seasons champions league tickets for free
    I might be interested myself also.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Well we are close clubs and beat them preseason with Fowler up front for us :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    Deiseboy01 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No

The two clubs have a close relationship, including a landmark friendly during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    But its not only Cleverly and Valencia .... its Valencia, Cleverly, Evra, Ferdinand, Young, Vidic, Carrick ......... :( I'll say no more.

Vidic I thought was solid. He saved Rio ass twice tonight. Evra I thought at least was trying to get forward and make something happen. Smalling while he was hopeless at least was looking for the ball and try do something with it.

I can accept a player having a **** night if they try.

Cleverly clearly did sweet FA tonight.

Watch him when United were taking throws. He was running away. Remember his shot that went over the bar in first half? Looked where he was for that corner.

Thats all you need to know on that man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Van Persie to Dutch TV:

'Other United players are often in the zones I'd like to play in. I find that a pity.'

I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

From redcafe:

For the english lads,

Robin said he was unhappy with the game, we played bad but they didn't create much either. The chance I had went pretty good but the shot was to hasty and if you only get one chance in a match like this...you need to score it.

But now it gets interesting. Jack van Gelder (interviewer) asked if Robin feels frustrated being isolated (couldn't find the proper way to translate this, but basically not getting any football) wanting to and because of that feels the urge to drop back. Or if hes not allowed to do that.

This is RvP's reply: "I am allowed to drop back to touch the ball, but my teammates also sometimes play in the position where i like to play. And if i see that then its hard for me to also play there, so im forced to change my run paths because of my teammates.

And unfortunately they play too often in my zone and i don't like that."

Interview: Do you know what is wrong with this United?

RvP: Yeah but, I won't point fingers, because im not like that.

link: http://nos.nl/video/616277-van-persie-gelooft-nog-in-kwartfinale.html

Vidic I thought was solid. He saved Rio ass twice tonight. Evra I thought at least was trying to get forward and make something happen. Smalling while he was hopeless at least was looking for the ball and try do something with it.

Watch him when United were taking throws. He was running away. Remember his shot that went over the bar in first half? Looked where he was for that corner.

And you still call for Moyes head forgetting about how ****e most of the players taking that pitch tonight are...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    Why was an away game at Selhurst prioritised from a team selection POV over a CL quarter final? The need to build momentum vs. misunderstanding the potential threat of Olympiacos. I think that was the gamble. Quote from Keane:

"Privately David Moyes will be shocked at the quality he is working with."

That's a fair point, however, privately we won't know if he's looking in the mirror or around the dressing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

No

It's the constant using his hands pointing at others in the game that annoys me. Don't point at others to do a job when you can't do your own job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Seriously don't understand the persistence with Valencia and Young. I can understand it just going wrong but these 2 have been beyond poison for multiple seasons now, at the root of most of the worst performances this season and yet continue to be picked. Fergie did it too. The media don't target them either. It's pure baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    The idea that a team of champions, multiple champions in many cases, could fall this low because the players are supposedly so bad is insane.

If we get knocked out by Olympiakos, as looks likely now, any posters who continue to defend Moyes will be a laughing stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    RVP clearly having a dig at Moyes and the tactics there imo

No
    K4t wrote: »
    From redcafe:

For the english lads,

Robin said he was unhappy with the game, we played bad but they didn't create much either. The chance I had went pretty good but the shot was to hasty and if you only get one chance in a match like this...you need to score it.

But now it gets interesting. Jack van Gelder (interviewer) asked if Robin feels frustrated being isolated (couldn't find the proper way to translate this, but basically not getting any football) wanting to and because of that feels the urge to drop back. Or if hes not allowed to do that.

This is RvP's reply: "I am allowed to drop back to touch the ball, but my teammates also sometimes play in the position where i like to play. And if i see that then its hard for me to also play there, so im forced to change my run paths because of my teammates.

And unfortunately they play too often in my zone and i don't like that."

Interview: Do you know what is wrong with this United?

RvP: Yeah but, I won't point fingers, because im not like that.

link: http://nos.nl/video/616277-van-persie-gelooft-nog-in-kwartfinale.html

If true its a big statement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Olympiakos were the team Liverpool played for Gerrard's testimonial.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

user2011 wrote: »

Thanks. Pretty damning.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No
    And you still call for Moyes head forgetting about how ****e most of the players taking that pitch tonight are...

You keep missing the point the Moyes picked all these players to play. For Young Valencia and Cleverley we had replacements available in Kagawa Januzaj and Fellaini. Smalling isn't a right back and shouldn't be played there. Whatever about Rafa being injured, Moyes has surely seen for the past 6 months that we only have 1 RB so why was no cover brought in in January, same can be said of LB

No
    edgecutter wrote: »
    It's the constant using his hands pointing at others in the game that annoys me. Don't point at others to do a job when you can't do your own job.

Thank God im not the only one who thinks that.

He seemed scared

• Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    I posted this already elsewhere so I disagree with the above;

Quote Keane when asked about about Carricks interview exactly as he said it;

“was like the rest of United’s performance – flat”

Performance flat = true

interview flat = lolz Carrick had the balls to have the interview. He looked really upset about the result but was never going to slate his players by name. He actually gave about as honest of an opinion as he could have without ripping his team in two like Keane did on MUTV.

Bad form by Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    Pro. F wrote: »
    The idea that a team of champions, multiple champions in many cases, could fall this low because the players are supposedly so bad is insane.

If we get knocked out by Olympiakos, as looks likely now, any posters who continue to defend him will be a laughing stock.

Apparently nearly every single player has regressed dramatically this season. Can't be helped I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Bad form by Keane.

Keane completely held back, you could see it in his eyes he wanted to tear that performance apart but he didn't because it's ITV and most of the squad were English that started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    Feel bad for RVP he seems so passionate, he almost said in that interview what everyone else is thinking. In his first CL away performance for United last season he made 47 passes. He's obviously doesn't respect Moyes and his tactics. RVP is a world class player let's not forget

No
    Keane was dead right!!!

Sick of listening to excuses.

He is telling the truth and people just dont want to hear it.

No

He took the corner. What's the issue with that?

You keep missing the point the Moyes picked all these players to play. For Young Valencia and Cleverley we had replacements available in Kagawa Januzaj and Fellaini. Smalling isn't a right back and shouldn't be played there. Whatever about Rafa being injured, Moyes has surely seen for the past 6 months that we only have 1 RB so why was no cover brought in in January, same can be said of LB
    I know that and Moyes is probably wrong for not playing them but ****ing hell these are Manchester United players, the least you expect from them is to have a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

No
    Augmerson wrote: »
    Olympiakos were the team Liverpool played for Gerrard's testimonial.

Also the team that let them back into the champions league in 2005, shat themselves when 2 up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

No
    Keane was spot on. There are no words to defend what is happening.

Moyes must know BY NOW that Valencia and Young on the wings, with Carrick and Celverly in the middle, DOES NOT WORK. Yet he continues. We have Kagawa, Januzaj and Fellaini missing from the starting 11, despite the fact we know they can offer something different.

But we stick to the our guns, and we lose. Again.

Hopefully, in the morning I wake up, and Moyes has resigned, admitting he got it wrong, and the job was simply too big for him.

Adios, and good luck.

No
    Keane was dead right!!!

It's the same as people calling us glory hunters and that all we care about is winning titles. No I want us to be playing good football and this season shows how little there has been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    Shane St. wrote: »

RVP and Rooney rotated a bit last season, now he's not aloud to come deep and Rooney can't push forward. So rigid and predictable to defend against.

• NUTZZ wrote: »
    Keane completely held back, you could see it in his eyes he wanted to tear that performance apart but he didn't because it's ITV and most of the squad were English that started.
    How many times have I posted I was talking about the interview response. It was ignorant from Keane. If he wanted to rip into United so be it. So do I the performance was awful, tactics, formation, individual performances etc...
    Keane is now in the the position to rip into the team without consequence but not to individually target a players interview performance.

Originally Posted by The_Kew_Tour

Valencia did the exact same in the 30th minute and it really pissed me off. Smalling went to take a throw in their corner, first of all no one came looking to receive it and then Valencia turned his back to Smalling (and kept it turned) so he wouldn't throw it to him. There were too many defenders back and Valencia knew he didn't have the ability to do anything with it.

That really got me.

• Advertisement

No
    I know that and Moyes is probably wrong for not playing them but ****ing hell these are Manchester United players, the least you expect from them is to have a go.

When you have a poor and overly cautious manager the players always end up not doing enough. They're so weighed down with warnings and so bamboozled with unnecessary and ineffective instructions that they end up falling apart on the pitch. This is what a team being managed badly looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Keane was dead right!!!

He was there to give his opinion and I thought he was dead right in what he was saying,some of them players aren't fit to wear the Utd jersey anymore,simple as that.

Team tonight lacked leadership both on and off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Carrick's wife Lisa took to Twitter slagging Keane off......it has since been taken down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    So much unfounded optimism going into the game. The moment you see the team sheet it's gone.

Moyes has got to go. If this is the crap we have to watch for the rest of the season then sack him now. It's going to be up to the fans to get rid of him though.

It will probably take a bit more time to get the majority into the Moyes out camp but people are sheep. Once any significant movement sways that direction the rest will follow.

It's the medias lack of criticism that's stopping that sway of opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    dfx- wrote: »
    A clean thread, a fresh new start, a corner turned.

You lied :(

Unless you meant that we turned 4 corners and are back to square one of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No

He also sold Fabio and Ando without bringing in replacements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No
    Pro. F wrote: »

Well its a combination of average players,low confidence and a clueless manager .

Utd won a bad league last season playing mediocre football at best ,nothing like the flowing football seen in previous years .
    The standard of the Premiership last season and indeed this season is extremely low ,the bottom half of the table is complete dross and the ironic thing is that these are the teams that Fergies Utd used to win the league against .
    Moyes Utd struggle against this dross which indicates the managers input.

The standard of football at Utd has been falling steadily over the last 5 years ,Ronanldo was papering over the cracks for years and Fergie was able to get the best out of an average team for the last few years by playing pretty defensive football especially away from home.

The players simply arent good enough and neither is the manager.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How many times have I posted I was talking about the interview response.

Oh I knew what your point was, I really just quoted you because my point was in the same vain as your post.

No
    BloodBath wrote: »
    So much unfounded optimism going into the game. The moment you see the team sheet it's gone.

Moyes has got to go. If this is the crap we have to watch for the rest of the season then sack him now. It's going to be up to the fans to get rid of him though.

It will probably take a bit more time to get the majority into the Moyes out camp but people are sheep. Once any significant movement sways that direction the rest will follow.

It's the medias lack of criticism that's stopping that sway of opinion.

I don't think so a lot of people ( myself included) were against him after the Fulham game I wouldn't be surprised if there is a change in opinion after tonight

No

Team tonight lacked leadership both on and off the field.

Spot on

While Moyes is without shadow of doubt most to blame only Vidic, Rooney and Welbeck can come away and have head held somewhat high.

Felt sorry for RVP. Evra and Smalling tried make something happen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement