Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No
    Its how far apart United players are from the player with the ball is what I cant get over.

Its like as if Moyes is telling them "Whoever has the ball you run away as fast as possible"!

Very true ,no shape at all to the team tonight .
    Players werent supporting the player with the ball at all,not coming towards him .

Lost track of the number of times Vidic who is probably the worst passer on the team would just hoof a ball aimlessly forward .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    thelad95 wrote: »
    In his interview before the game he said (not an exact quote but roughly) "we've set up to be tight and compact and make ourselves difficult to beat". For christ sake, this is Man United. Given the opposition, he should've been looking to kill off the tie tonight with a solid attacking, yet slightly cautious performance. Instead, he essentially played for a 0-0 but the players showed nowhere near the level of commitment or work-ethic needed to get any sort of result.

Ferdinand is finished. Looked complacent and disinterested at times.

Cleverley simply not good enough at this level. Didn't play or even attempt to play one probing ball in the whole game... or all season.

Young was at his peak two season's ago when he was knocking in goals and assists for fun. His form has dipped critically in recent times though and was dreadful tonight.

How Kagawa didn't start is a mystery. He oozed class when he came on. While the physical nature of the PL doesn't seem to suit him, he was in his element tonight.

Moyes got the tactics completely wrong and he hasn't gotten rid of a small-club mentality from a decade at everton but a lot of players need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

The longer moyes is left in charge the more damaging it will be to that squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Terrible terrible performance. Shocking team selection, lack of quality, lack of confidence, lack of leadership, lack of a plan B, and a complete lack of desire.
    It sickens me everytime I see Steve fcuking Round and Phil fcuking Neville sitting on the bench with not a clue in the world. Moyes is pretty much doing the job on his own, these lads are of no use to him. I think the players respect Moyes but what must they think going to training everyday to be coached by Phil fcuking Neville.
    I'll give Moyes next season before making my mind up on him. He needs help, better back room team and a few new signings.
    Players need to be shipped out if underperforming. Starting with Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Its how far apart United players are from the player with the ball is what I cant get over.

Its like as if Moyes is telling them "Whoever has the ball you run away as fast as possible"!

Just catching the 'highlights' on Sky now,the slow,zombie play manifested itself again big time tonight,the 2nd goal was a direct result of this with Rio looking for an out ball with all the players turning their back to him.Eventually Cleverley did his usual and demanded the ball while being marked & inevitably lost it.
    It's like watching stop motion animation tonight,I get the feeling that some of the players don't respect Moyes and are simply not putting in any kid of effort.

• Well his point on the players we need.. although i think its more 7/8 players needed for the squad. His point on it simply not being good enough..

why was he wrong in what he said in your opinion???
    My disagreement with Keane was only in the response he gave about Carricks interview which was not match related at all it was a sly dig.
    I totally agree with him in the sense that the players have to be held accountable for the result but the performance which was also based on Moyes inept tactics / formation / and player selection not helping the situation.

• Advertisement

BhWn4sFCIAA26SZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    Liam O wrote: »
    Poor guy. I feel sorry for him. He's like a slave.

A slave who earns £200k a week.

e7a8e4961f6f087fb99c3b691a590f6a6c7e22a69e978e18ccb3dbca8fa6b092.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    think he's talking about Welbeck. rvp had a shot at one stage that welbeck was in the way of and it just hit off welbeck. You could see rvp banging the ground in annoyance.

think you could be alright, there was another chance, think Welbeck was trying to outrun a defender at near the post and RVP eased in ahead of him to try finish it (might have been our first shot on target)

No
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    My disagreement with Keane was only in the response he gave about Carricks interview which was not match related at all it was a sly dig.
    I totally agree with him in the sense that the players have to be held accountable for the result but the performance which was also based on Moyes inept tactics / formation / and player selection not helping the situation.

Ok comments re carrick were not on but he is passionate about our club he was obviously ragin doin that interview but he was mild enough tbh i expected him to be calling them all out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    Valencia must get in the team on his training ground performances.

But guess who he lines up against in training. Paddy Evra.

Sure he proabably gets all the time in the world to cross it in with Evra out of position every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    It's a relief to see the press starting to turn on Moyes. Not that it will have a much of an influence in the short term, but every little helps. Hopefully he will be gone before he causes irreversible damage to the club.

• Ok comments re carrick were not on but he is passionate about our club he was obviously ragin doin that interview but he was mild enough tbh i expected him to be calling them all out
    And I agree, Keane is now in a position to do so because he doesn't play for United he critics football so it can be enjoyable when he sometimes lets out what we are thinking, although a bit subdued about the team today.
    But his infamous MUTV interview where he slated everyone when still under contract, did he expect Carrick to do the same on ITV live? That's what it sounded like when he said his 'interview performance was flat' and that's what annoyed me.

Carrick interviewed after the game & asked a loaded question comparing Moyes to Fergie & his ability to drag this team through difficulty.Stock answer was given "it's the players responsibility,blah,blah"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Sadly i dont think he will be sacked before summer.

But in the summer I hope he is gone.

No
    Some comments from Moyes after the game.
    ‘We didn’t deserve to get anything. I’m surprised, I didn’t see that level of performance coming. I take responsibility, we have to play better. The players are hurting.

‘We didn’t offer enough on the night to create a goal. There is undoubtedly talent at Manchester United but we didn’t show it tonight. We are determined to put it right.

'The players are hurt. Old Trafford’s seen some great nights and we hope to see another one.’

If I hear him say the word TRY once more,I'll lose the plot.

No
    Ok we easily need 6 7 maybe 8 players.... do any of you see significant business being done in a world cup year?? I dont i think next season will be more of the same if david moyes is there

No
    Ok we easily need 6 7 maybe 8 players.... do any of you see significant business being done in a world cup year?? I dont i think next season will be more of the same if david moyes is there

We will be doing extremely well to get 2 world class players in if Moyes is still in charge.

When we were 2-0 down tonight for first time I honestly did not care if Greeks got third.

No
    zerks wrote: »

If I hear him say the word TRY once more,I'll lose the plot.

Oh god its cringe watching him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

In the town of Springhill Nova Scotia
    Down in the dark of the Cumberland mine
    There's blood on the coal, and the miners lie
    In roads that never saw sun nor sky
    Roads that never saw the sun nor sky

There's no good end to this.

• Advertisement

No
    We will be doing extremely well to get 2 world class players in if Moyes is still in charge.

When we were 2-0 down tonight for first time I honestly did not care if Greeks got third.

He has to go now the glazers need to stand up to fergies choice and say sorry but not a hope are we giving you 150 million to spend

No

No we don't, a few key first team players is all we need.

3-4 max + a new manager.

No
    BloodBath wrote: »

3-4 max + a new manager.

3-4 max??? Ok what 3 or 4? Im talking about squad players too

David Moyes hasn't even got us playing to the standard of his Everton team, baffling considering the difference in quality between the players available to him. Yes we are in the same position he made their own over his tenure there, but I've seen his Everton play far more attractive football than this.

So that is it, the season really is over with nothing to play for. Of course finishing as high as we can in the table is something to play for, but this seriously has to be a weird and unprecedented time for a large portion of the United fan-base. Every year for the past 20+, there was something to fight/play for until at least quite late in the season. Now in the season of 2013-14, by late February there is absolutely no hope of silverware, CL football next season or a clear silver lining.

"There are tough times ahead, patience is required" etc. Yes okay, and I accepted that, but not this. Around this time and stage last year, we were arguably the better side in losing to a strong Real Madrid side littered with galacticos, and quite unfortunate with Nani's red card which was detrimental to the outcome. Now 12 months later, we can't get a sniff at goal against the Celtic of the Greece league who just currently sold their best player to Fulham. Oh but Fulham proved a tough test for us only weeks ago? Exactly, we have fallen so far in so little time. Last May seems like an age ago to me at this point, just like this coming May feels like an age away and I don't think it's going to get much better in the mean time.

Something's got to change. Get some of the old staff back in if they are available and willing. I don't care if Rene Mulensteen mouthed off and comes across as a bit too aware of his coaching abilities, not if it meant him coming back, refreshing the training field and acting as an adequate bridge between the Ferguson era and Moyes time at the club, like what should have been done in the first place. As well as that, there might be a shred of hope of holding onto RVP for at least one more year in doing so.

However, I imagine Moyes would resign before he would go back on a decision like clearing out the entire experienced coaching staff, and he will never resign. All due respect to Phil Neville, but when I see him on the sidelines with the clipboard alongside Moyes he reminds me of a post-grad student out on a field trip with a professor. Maybe down the road Phil would be capable of the job, but he hasn't 'graduated' in my mind yet. To be honest, Gary Neville is wasting his fúcking time and good years on Sky Sports, and it is because he is too good for that job I feel this. His reading of the game seems excellent and even if he could come in and coach our defence I'm sure we would see some notable improvements in that pillaged area.

Ah well, with no game next weekend and then an international at least it will be busy and upbeat in here over the next 10 days :D

No
    How did evra get this bad???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Oh god its cringe watching him

Good interview.

He doesn't look that bothered by the result, only 2-0 down, could have been worse.

Secretly he's probably had enough.

He will get his 30 million pay off and a handy job at Fulham or the likes to build his reputation again.

No
    He has to go now the glazers need to stand up to fergies choice and say sorry but not a hope are we giving you 150 million to spend

While he is still in charge I will still be hoping we win every game.

I dont hate the man. I honestly dont think he is **** manager. He is just not United quality. Honestly I hope he does well when he leaves(I hope) wherever he goes.

His team selection said it all tonight. He could have started Fellaini and Kagawa.

His selection was clear. IMO it was a gutless selection that proved he does not trust the players.

It was poor actually no it was God dam awful management.

• How did evra get this bad???

Not to sound like a Dick but he's getting old. Losing his pace and especially his defensive reading of situations

• Advertisement

No

I dont hate the man. I honestly dont think he is **** manager. He is just not United quality. Honestly I hope he does well when he leaves(I hope) wherever he goes.

His team selection said it all tonight. He could have started Fellaini and Kagawa.

His selection was clear. IMO it was a gutless selection that proved he does not trust the players.

Do i hate him as a man? Of course not...
    Do i hate what he is doing to our club? Yes i do he has to go now....

No

3-4 max + a new manager.

Yeah ,Utd need two quality central midfielders ,a good centre back and perhaps a left back .
    The main problem is the centre of midfield,its the engine of the team and dictates the play .
    Utd have a 1.2l engine in a 3l car.

lol

Even Van Persie is having at laugh at the state of the team.

No
    K4t wrote: »
    From redcafe:

For the english lads,

Robin said he was unhappy with the game, we played bad but they didn't create much either. The chance I had went pretty good but the shot was to hasty and if you only get one chance in a match like this...you need to score it.

But now it gets interesting. Jack van Gelder (interviewer) asked if Robin feels frustrated being isolated (couldn't find the proper way to translate this, but basically not getting any football) wanting to and because of that feels the urge to drop back. Or if hes not allowed to do that.

This is RvP's reply: "I am allowed to drop back to touch the ball, but my teammates also sometimes play in the position where i like to play. And if i see that then its hard for me to also play there, so im forced to change my run paths because of my teammates.

And unfortunately they play too often in my zone and i don't like that."

Interview: Do you know what is wrong with this United?

RvP: Yeah but, I won't point fingers, because im not like that.

link: http://nos.nl/video/616277-van-persie-gelooft-nog-in-kwartfinale.html

Bet you didn't guess it would be that bad :)

No
    3-4 max??? Ok what 3 or 4? Im talking about squad players too

We have squad players playing in the first team, that's the problem. The key positions we need players in are RB, LB, CB and CM.

Kroos and Gundogan are being talked about for the CM role. It's obvious we need cover for Rafael at RB. Smalling can't play that position. I'd like to see Coleman brought in there.

I'm not sure who we could get for LB. Shaw will go to Chelsea. We need at least 1 top quality CB then.

Bring back Lingard and Powell to fill the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

No
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Bet you didn't guess it would be that bad :)

You'd swear he was a disloyal twat or something, reading that. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Well I'm not surprised they're doing it given that's what Fergie has had them doing for years now. I was complaining about it for years and thought that it was something Moyes would fix but obviously old habits don't die easily...

No
    We need 2 CM.

we need 1 box to box type who is good defensively. Good positioning hard working can read a game well

second we need a player who is creative, can pass a ball with ease, good technique and can hold his own positionally when defending.

Not many of these about in the excellent bracket. Vidal and Kroos would be the fantasy dream signings, but we need 2 players not far off these 2. How we going get them im not sure, especially if Moyes is in charge.

No
    Well ideally 2 CM and 2 CB's would be great but realistically 1 of each would do for the window.

Fellaini + the likes of Kroos would be a very solid CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

No
    This is becoming tiresome.

Moyes ain't leaving. 1. Many of the poor players will be. That's where things are at the moment.

2. United are not a club who will readily dismiss their manager like the majority of clubs in the Premier League.

3. But he WILL get time. Make no mistake about it.

4.So all these posts of 'Moyes out', 'he's destroying the club' etc. are about as effective as opening your front door and yelling at the clouds not to rain tomorrow.

5. The club has made it perfectly clear he will be backed, at least until this time next season or near enough to it, and regardless of whether United are in the Champions League or not.

6.He will be given time. And if fans can't take this then tbh stop supporting the club because this is the kind of club Man United are, and that is what Fergie made clear in his retirement speech at the end of last season and numerous times since.

7.My thoughts on the game tonight: bad result, but the tie's not dead. On to the next game.

1. These "poor" players won the title last year doing handstands. Given Fergie is not God, he didn't turn water into wine. He turned very good footballers into excellent footballers. Moyes has turned very good footballers into average footballers. Even in one of the victories (v Cardiff) they were outplayed in midfield. By...Cardiff....at home.....the same Cardiff who got spanked by the mighty....Hull.

2. Give me a break with that absolute horsesh1t!! United are absolutely a club who will sack managers like the majority of clubs out there. One look at the history books will tell you that.

Frank O' Farrell - sacked with 3 and a half years left on contract.
    Ron Atkinson - sacked despite being the most successful manager of the club since Busby.

The notion that United are not a "sacking club" is an absolute myth.

They are like every other club with 1 exception. They have been incredibly blessed to find 2 of the best managers in the world (in any generation) in Busby and Ferguson.

If you dig for gold, and strike gold, you don't get rid of them. They struck gold twice.

If you dig for gold, and strike copper, you move on and accept it wasn't what you were looking for. David Moyes is copper.

3. He will likely get time. There's plenty of mistake about it.

4. Yelling at the clouds - blowing off steam. Technically the more vapour released into the atmosphere, the better chance of rain. Anyway it beats sitting indoors watching someone ruin something you love and care about.

5. I must have missed the club statement which said: "We will back our manager even if he butchers the season beyond even our worst fears by finishing trophyless, 6th and in the Micky Mouse thursday league next year". Link me to that statement.

6. Oh this old chestnut. "This isn't the club United are. Stop supporting them...."

And what club ARE United exactly?

Are they a Micky Mouse club with a relatively small fanbase who view mid-table as an heroic achievement given their shoe-string budget, lack of top players (Swansea)? Are they a club who don't mind playing a bit of hoofball to secure a mid table finish (Stoke, West Ham)? Are they a club who play decent football with good players but sell them because they've no interest in becoming a top club (Newcastle)?

Manchester United eh. Not that type of club. I'll tell you what kind of club it is - amongst the biggest in the world. One of the most recognisable brands in the whole of sports. One of the richest history of any club, from humble beginnings through the Busby Babes through the Ferguson era.

A TRUE SUPPORTER of Manchester United does not sit back and watch a clown to destroy all that without saying "NO. I'm not having this". A true supporter doesn't vow to back a manager to the hilt irrespective of the fact that manager has never won a thing.

There's no reason to give Moyes backing. None. Sick to death of hearing about his heroic exploits at Everton. Cry me a river he got a mid table club into the top 4 in 1 season. Great. Tremendous. Doesn't make him the next manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Sure you'd be hard pressed to find a majority of Everton fans who are not happier under Martinez. That says it all.

7. My thoughts on your thoughts: There is not one single iota of evidence this season which suggests Manchester United can stick 3 goals past Olympiakos whilst not conceding. There's certainly no evidence this season that Manchester United can score 4 goals when the inevitable clean sheet goes south.

Barring a miracle, the tie is absolutely dead on all known evidence under Moyes. That miracle may well transpire. When you have Rooney and RVP who knows. They might have a freak Ronaldo-esque performance on the night.

But there's no good reason to believe it can happen. It's pure HOPE and unfounded optimism. And that's exactly the reasons people want to give Moyes time. Vain hope.

Instead of trying to hog the moral highground and tell supporters "to stop supporting the club" for refusing to back a man sadly out of his depth, imo you're the one who should stop supporting the club if you are willing to blindly back the man who will send the club into the dark ages.

SAF made plenty of mistakes.

Taibi. Maybe he needed more time? Surely given time he'd have proved top class?

No, listen, recognising a mistake early and rectifying it is the simplest, most logical way to go through life. Make a mistake, accept you made one, and rectify it.

Moyes was (and is) a mistake. Accept it. Rectify it. And everyone moves on.

No hard feelings. Moyes a decent fella.All the best, here's your 10 million payoff go have a holiday and treat your family to a good time and come back refreshed with a mid-table club and everybody will wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

No

You really think starting Fellaini and Kagawa would have changed it? Wake up. Doesn't matter which 11 he picked they were awful and have lost faith in the manager. 1 good performance against Palace and everyone thought there was a chance.

Naive.

• Advertisement

No
    You really think starting Fellaini and Kagawa would have changed it? Wake up. Doesn't matter which 11 he picked they were awful and have lost faith in the manager. 1 good performance against Palace and everyone thought there was a chance.

Naive.

It would surely have sent out a more positive message to the players.

It would not have done more harm that is for sure.

It would surely have sent out a more positive message to the players.

It would not have done more harm that is for sure.

Fergie in away games in Europe would have dropped either Van Persie or Rooney to play a 4-5-1 and make it tight.

Moyes will never do it, he can't drop Rooney now or put him on the wing after giving him 300k a week and taking his advice on which players to sign.

From his Everton days I thought Moyes could make tough decisions, at United's he's made all the easy one's.

He should drop RVP now for opening his mouth and play Rooney up top, make him earn his 300k.

That's what Fergie would do, as would Wenger, Mourinho etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Naive.

Yes, obviously starting 2 players who are far better than the ones that played would have changed it. Don't see why there would be any confusion as to this.

No
    1 good performance against Palace and everyone thought there was a chance.

Even the Itv commentators were puzzled .
    They could not fathom how Utd could win 2-0 away to Palace and then lose 2-0 away to Olympiakos.

Perhaps because Olympiakos are the Greek champions and Palace are a woefully limited team that were in the championship 12 months ago
    Fergie in away games in Europe would have dropped either Van Persie or Rooney to play a 4-5-1 and make it tight.

Moyes will never do it, he can't drop Rooney now or put him on the wing after giving him 300k a week and taking his advice on which players to sign.

I actually wish Utd had sold Rooney instead of rewarding him with a huge contract he doesn't deserve.
    The team would be better off with RVP up front and a proper no 10 in the hole instead Moyes wants to build his team around Rooney and that has left Van Persie as something of an afterthought, given his almost non-existent partnership with the England striker.

The total cost of the package that brought Van Persie to Old Trafford on a four-year deal is worth a stunning €88.5m once wages and image rights are taken into account.
    That cash should have gone to plugging the glaring hole in a United midfield that has been desperate for leadership and creativity for at least six years.

Ferguson got his priorities wrong and what is left is a lopsided squad with an astonishingly weak midfield and a group of defenders who are either immature or past their best.

No
    It's been the exact same all season. Some performances get people excited and thinking that the team has turned a corner, but those games are simply down to variance. The shíte results have never been far away this season.

Now the issue is supposed to be that Fellaini and Kagawa weren't playing, a while ago it was supposed to be because Fletcher and Carrick weren't playing and at another time it was that Rooney and RvP weren't playing.

I actually wish Utd had sold Rooney instead of rewarding him with a huge contract he doesn't deserve.

The team would be better off with RVP up front and a proper no 10 in the hole instead Moyes wants to build his team around Rooney and that has left Van Persie as something of an afterthought, given his almost non-existent partnership with the England striker.

RVP up front on his own would work well in alot of games, Arsenal and United last year saw the best out of him in that position.Fergie made him his main man and sidecasted Rooneyfor a reason

RVP himself pointed to that in his interview, that he needed his space.

I can see Chelsea going all out for him in the summer, funnily enough Rooney would have been a disaster for them, but RVP will be perfect for them.

4 -5-1 with Hazard, Willian, Oscar feeding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No
    Pro. F wrote: »
    It's been the exact same all season. Some performances get people excited and thinking that the team has turned a corner, but those games are simply down to variance. The shíte results have never been far away this season.

I'd also put it down to those teams being afraid to have a go at us. Leverkusen sat back against us allowed us to dictate, Palace the same (genuinely struggling to think of other semi-decent performances). In games where we are allowed play and the opposition doesn't have a plan in place - so basically it would come down to our top players proving their better ability than the opposition. When teams have had a go or had a plan we haven't had any answers.

I can't find one good reason why Moyes should stay. Not one. And we're going to hand him the keys to the warchest this summer.

Tried to post it earlier but only got to see a small fraction of the game due to training so will have to watch it tomorrow morning as some sort of sick punishment to myself. But RVP's statement post-match is fairly damning. Problem is that none of the senior players are going to go to the guys upstairs and say 'look this isn't working, he's lost the dressing room' because they're either a coach like Giggs, disliked by the sections of the board like Rooney, or on the way out the door and won't be bothered like Vida, Rio and Evra. The rest won't take on the responsibility.

I have much more respect for managers that when cornered or when the chips are down come out fighting for their lives and have a go. Throw the sink at it, **** it better to die on your feet than live on your knees. Reverting to Valencia and co. in our biggest game of the season. Seriously?

We may say that we're a massive club and we'll never stay out of the top four for long but continued mediocrity for 2-3 years in the current footballing world can turn into a chasm fairly quickly. It's not like a Barca situation who slipped from the top of Spain in the 90's - in Spain, there wasn't the financial backing for other clubs so they could eventually find their way back. We're at a fairly big crossroad in the future success of our club and it's important we make the right choices.

No
    Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    RVP up front on his own would work well in alot of games, Arsenal and United last year saw the best out of him in that position.Fergie made him his main man and sidecasted Rooneyfor a reason

RVP himself pointed to that in his interview, that he needed his space.

I can see Chelsea going all out for him in the summer, funnily enough Rooney would have been a disaster for them, but RVP will be perfect for them.

4 -5-1 with Hazard, Willian, Oscar feeding him.

Ah yes. Rooney is not as good as *insert any other big name PL striker*. I love reading that opinion every few days for so many years. It always makes me chuckle.

No

Tried to post it earlier but only got to see a small fraction of the game due to training so will have to watch it tomorrow morning as some sort of sick punishment to myself.

dont-do-it.gif

3-4 max + a new manager.

Yeah.

Don't even need to be world class, guys like Flamini, Wanyama who would add intensity and energy are badly needed.

United have no one of there mould, who will get stuck in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement