Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    I'd also put it down to those teams being afraid to have a go at us. Leverkusen sat back against us allowed us to dictate, Palace the same (genuinely struggling to think of other semi-decent performances). In games where we are allowed play and the opposition doesn't have a plan in place - so basically it would come down to our top players proving their better ability than the opposition. When teams have had a go or had a plan we haven't had any answers.

Yeah, the quality of how the opposition played has also explained plenty of the supposedly good performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Ah yes. Rooney is not as good as *insert any other big name PL striker*. I love reading that opinion every few days for so many years. It always makes me chuckle.

Chuckle away but Rooney is simply not clinical enough as a striker.
    He also cant play up front on his own and isnt great playing behind the striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    If only the performances on both sides was that simplistic.

At a glance, we've lost 6 out of 12 games so far in 2014, getting knocked out of 2 cups in the process. Add to that the Champion's League to make 3, as I don't see us overcoming tonight's deficit in the return leg. And while we're at it, we can add our chance of top 4 and CL football as another failure.

If we had have picked up 3 points at home to Spurs or even 1 on Jan 1st, if we had done the same away to Stoke that would've been another 3 or 1, and we certainly should have been picking up all 3 at home to Fulham. This in my opinion is an example of 5-9 points dropped since January 1st which as we can from the table would still have us in with a great chance of top 4. Not to mention that in previous seasons, we've picked up points at the Bridge vs Chelsea, and Arsenal were there for the taking in the Emirates a few weeks back.

So by my reckoning that's 4 trophies/achievments that have been lost so far this year, in all 7-8 weeks of it. Action might come a lot sooner than many of us think, but a lot later than some of you would have hoped for.

Also, I think with all the talk and frustration of tonight's performance and result, the fact that one of our most creative players in Januzaj was left out of the squad completely has been overlooked. Putting in Valencia and Young while losing both Mata and Januzaj after the flow of the team's attack last Saturday is bonkers, and it isn't any wonder that the team doesn't have a clue how to play when no one group of players can get used to playing with each other from week to week. Seriously, in losing a cup tied Mata, he also drops Januzaj and Fellaini, the latter of which looked hungry, sharp and confident when he played his first game in months last Saturday, and also installs the growingly inept Tom Cleverley. When I saw Moyes take Adnan and Fell off after we got the 2nd goal vs Palace, I automatically presumed that they were being preserved for the Olympiakos game.

From now on, everything I'm going to think Moyes will do I will then think of the opposite and therefore will not be shocked and quite as frustrated when the opposite happens. I know it sounds mad and can't be true, but it's almost like he wants to fail as manager by now.

We have been beaten in 50% of our games so far this year, 4 tournaments gone, there has to be a breaking point. Did any of the higher-ups really envision this even in their worst case scenario for the first season of the post-Ferguson era? I don't think so. I hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No
    He also cant play up front on his own and isnt great playing behind the striker.

Yeah. He didn't play up front on his own after Ronaldo left or anything and score 26 goals. Didn't happen right?

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Ah yes. Rooney is not as good as *insert any other big name PL striker*. I love reading that opinion every few days for so many years. It always makes me chuckle.

He's not a better striker than Van Persie, all I am saying.

At the moment United, look like they can't accomadate the two of them, when Van Persie plays better by himself with more support from Midfield.

I reckon a partnership of Mata - RVP beats Rooney - RVP everytime.

Maybe Moyes should try Mata - Rooney.

Let Rooney earn his bucks.

Yeah. He didn't play up front on his own after Ronaldo left or anything and score 26 goals. Didn't happen right?

Why isn't he being played there then?

Why didn't Fergie play him there?

Why did he buy RVP if Rooney is so great there?

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle

No
    Y2KBOS86 wrote: »

Ask Fergie.

You said he couldn't play up front and he isn't clinical enough - I've showed you are completely wrong. End argument. Bye.

No

His scoring record shows that claim to be untrue. How do you explain a striker (who has also moved around so much while accommodating other big names over the years) scoring at such a consistently good rate if he is truly not clinical enough?

That is also completely untrue. Rooney is excellent when played up front on his own. It's probably his strongest position. He is very good at holding the ball up; he works very hard to always be available and he is excellent in the air. He is very suited to playing up front on his own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No

And if I recall correctly the following season he couldn't hit a barn door ...

Rooney is the white Pele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    Because Fergie has a history of playing 2 good strikers up front?

Rooney has a better history than RVP. I'd rate him ahead of him. For out and out striking ability RVP might be slightly ahead but Rooney has other qualities and would score around the same as RVP as has been demonstrated in the 2 seasons Rooney got to play as a CF.

No
    And if I recall correctly the following season he couldn't hit a barn door ...

Rooney is the white Pele.

1. He was carrying and injury for a lot of the first half of the season and most importantly 2. He played behind Berbatov who scored 20 odd Premier League goals. He still scored nearly one goal in every two games that season playing behind the striker.

Anyways, no point battering my head against a wall of trolls any longer.

No
    He's not a better striker than Van Persie, all I am saying.

That is not all you are saying. You are also saying that Fergie thought RvP was better up front than Rooney (rather than acknowledge that Fergie obviously had off field issues with him) and that Rooney would have been a disaster at Chelsea (which is a comically stupid statement).
    At the moment United, look like they can't accomadate the two of them, when Van Persie plays better by himself with more support from Midfield.

I reckon a partnership of Mata - RVP beats Rooney - RVP everytime.

Maybe Moyes should try Mata - Rooney.

Let Rooney earn his bucks.

Mata+RvP would be better than Rooney+RvP. But Mata+Rooney would also be better than Rooney+RvP. The issue is balance, not Rooney. There is nothing between Rooney and RvP in terms of quality as centre forwards.

Ask Fergie.

You said he couldn't play up front and he isn't clinical enough - I've showed you are completely wrong. End argument. Bye.

Why did Moyes choose to play Wellbeck up top instead of Rooney?

Will I ask Moyes and Hodgson too?

Rooney did that 5 years ago, different player than today.

No

Are you pretending that Fergie didn't have some off-field issues with Rooney or that Fergie didn't normally overstock on strikers at the club? Because both of those suggestions are ridiculous.

• Advertisement

No

Will I ask Moyes and Hodgson too?

Rooney did that 5 years ago, different player than today.

Because until the signing of Mata Rooney was the best number 10 we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84283394&postcount=18

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84483021

A quick search shows how I was worried about Fergie papering over cracks last season and that without a philosophy at the club there would be trouble in the future and it's proved to be the case. Moyes has had to try and adapt players who have been drilled for seasons to get the ball wide and cross it even seemingly when nothing is there for them and to totally neglect building from the centre and get penetration from wide areas rather than width. Fergie was relying on RVP last season, Rooney, Nani and Berbatov in previous seasons and Ronaldo before that for huge periods of the season to carry the team. Quite simply this season there has been nobody at the level to bail the team out, or the team has finally gone one year too far.

Without Rio, Vidic, Nani, RVP, Rooney, Carrick and more for periods of the season there was nobody else who had ever been really relied on in the team and none of them were capable of upping their game to the level required. Kagawa is the only one who's shown the ability in the past to be relied on in such a way and he's been stupidly dropped for most of the season in the most baffling way imaginable, absolutely inexplicable.

Persisting with the crossing was folly last season but when push came to shove the team would take it upon themselves to work something through the middle and outdo the bad tactics. This season they seem to be totally set in doing it for the 90 minutes, win, loss or draw. This is why I don't blame Moyes as much as everyone else. He has to undo this philosophy from the team but they are seemingly stubbornly sticking to it no matter what. He didn't play like this at Everton and I have faith that when he clears out in the Summer he'll change it for the better. It's devastating that it will be at the expense of Kagawa and maybe Nani but maybe I'll find new under appreciated heroes :P

BloodBath wrote: »
    Because until the signing of Mata Rooney was the best number 10 we have.

It's a shame not to give Rooney a chance up front though.

Are you pretending that Fergie didn't have some off-field issues with Rooney or that Fergie didn't normally overstock on strikers at the club? Because both of those suggestions are ridiculous.

Fergie had off-field issues with Keane, Beckham etc for years and still played them in there native positions.

Honestly I just find it strange that Rooney doesn't play as the main striker, when he's as good as anyone in the premiership or europe in fact.

It's strange.

Wasted at number 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

No
    take into account that we have everton (a) newcastle (a) and southampton (a)
    and with liverpool (h) and Man city (h) all to come

A quote from Ian Ayre when sacking kenny daglish "If you don't believe the results are right and feel 17 points off Champions League pace is a long distance you have to make a change"

A manager who had won them 3 league titles, 2 fa cups and a league cup.

How can we justify Moyes continued stay as a Man Utd manager?

• Advertisement

No

This is the flimsiest supporting evidence for an argument that I have seen presented in a long time. Well played.

No
    It's a shame not to give Rooney a chance up front though.

It is. I'f I'm perfectly honest I'd like to see RVP sold in the summer with a world class AM like Reus brought in and Kagawa kept for at least 1 more season.

Playing a 4-2-3-1.

So our 3 forward option would be Rooney, Welbeck and Chich. The other 2 should get more games than they presently do.

The 6 options for the attacking 3 behind would be Jan, Kags, Mata, Reus, Nani, Lingard. Sell Valencia and Young.

No
    Fergie had off-field issues with Keane, Beckham etc for years and still played them in there native positions.

Honestly I just find it strange that Rooney doesn't play as the main striker, when he's as good as anyone in the premiership or europe in fact.

It's strange.

Wasted at number 10.

As good as anyone in Europe yet would have been a disaster at Chelsea. We have been paying your opinions far too much attention I think.

No
    Liam O wrote: »

A quick search shows how I was worried about Fergie papering over cracks last season and that without a philosophy at the club there would be trouble in the future and it's proved to be the case. Moyes has had to try and adapt players who have been drilled for seasons to get the ball wide and cross it even seemingly when nothing is there for them and to totally neglect building from the centre and get penetration from wide areas rather than width. Fergie was relying on RVP last season, Rooney, Nani and Berbatov in previous seasons and Ronaldo before that for huge periods of the season to carry the team. Quite simply this season there has been nobody at the level to bail the team out, or the team has finally gone one year too far.

Without Rio, Vidic, Nani, RVP, Rooney, Carrick and more for periods of the season there was nobody else who had ever been really relied on in the team and none of them were capable of upping their game to the level required. Kagawa is the only one who's shown the ability in the past to be relied on in such a way and he's been stupidly dropped for most of the season in the most baffling way imaginable, absolutely inexplicable.

Persisting with the crossing was folly last season but when push came to shove the team would take it upon themselves to work something through the middle and outdo the bad tactics. This season they seem to be totally set in doing it for the 90 minutes, win, loss or draw. This is why I don't blame Moyes as much as everyone else. He has to undo this philosophy from the team but they are seemingly stubbornly sticking to it no matter what. He didn't play like this at Everton and I have faith that when he clears out in the Summer he'll change it for the better. It's devastating that it will be at the expense of Kagawa and maybe Nani but maybe I'll find new under appreciated heroes :P

Man, you have lost it.

Thinking that last season the team were succeeding because of working a way around Fergie's bad tactics is insane. You have completely lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    my last post b4 i collapse in bed, trust in rvp. **** moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Man, you have lost it.

Thinking that last season the team were succeeding because of working a way around Fergie's bad tactics is insane. You have completely lost it.

Not a workaround per se, just that the tactics were basically to be bailed out by great players and not even the great players have been able to bail them out this season because of how bad CM and the wide players Fergie left Moyes with have been. Obviously Moyes is making the wrong team selection on too regular a basis but I think he took too much of Fergie's advice on that front persisting with Valencia and Young in big games is ridiculous and I think Fergie might still have too much of an influence in team selection. Not directly but when Moyes goes to him for the advice he sounded so fond of early in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No
    RvP should just shut up, he got one great chance and missed it.
    So he personally should just work on that.
    Actually it brought back memories of the sitters he missed in the FA cup defeat at Chelsea last season, and the sitters he missed in the Champions League v Real Madrid.

As for Moyes, that was just awful and he definitely has to go. It's embarrassing.

Cleverly and Carrick were very poor, often following each other around. Usually ending up with a pass back to Smalling.
    Why was Cleverly selected and left on for so long, especially with Fellaini on the bench?look at where the two goals conceded came from. Even Fletcher would have been better.

I felt a bit sorry for Smalling, at least he showed for the ball. A right back shouldn't expect to be a teams go-to man when in possession. He's a god defender.
    Rio was poor, Vidic did well. Especially given how players could just run through the middle at him, not Vidic's forte but he coped well.

Why is Evra playing?
    Oh yes, because Moyes wanted a left back and did nothing about it in
    either summer or in January. Evra must be exhausted.

Valencia was very poor, and seemed to lack his usual tenacity or aggression even. Simply a "nothing performance".
    But he has been poor for a while, s his selection was strange.
    Young was very poor, again that is normal for him, so a strange selection.

I thought Rooney at least tried, so thought his performance was ok. Can't remember any other United players pressing or winning the ball back.

Really awful stuff overall, a real low point in the season

No
    Not a workaround per se, just that the tactics were basically to be bailed out by great players and not even the great players have been able to bail them out this season because of how bad CM and the wide players Fergie left Moyes with have been. Obviously Moyes is making the wrong team selection on too regular a basis but I think he took too much of Fergie's advice on that front persisting with Valencia and Young in big games is ridiculous and I think Fergie might still have too much of an influence in team selection. Not directly but when Moyes goes to him for the advice he sounded so fond of early in the season.

You said "Persisting with the crossing was folly last season but when push came to shove the team would take it upon themselves to work something through the middle and outdo the bad tactics." That statement is beyond ridiculous. This is one of the best managers of all time we are talking about and you are arguing that his tactics were holding the team back.

Now you are trying to blame Fergie for Moyes' team selections.

You are so intent on justifying Moyes' employment at the club that you are talking madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

How can we justify Moyes continued stay as a Man Utd manager?

Don't you remember or were you even around when a Lee Martin goal probably saved Fergie's job back in 1990? And after 3.5 years in the job, he landed his first silverware. Moyes is only 8 months into the job so he has a fair bit to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

No
    Fergie had won stuff before, even a European trophy with Aberdeen, so it was easier to justify the view that he could get it right.
    Plus United hadn't won anything for a long time, so they wouldn't have necessarily being expecting silverware to instantly start flowing.

The current United team win the league at a canter last season, and Moyes has been backed in the transfer market.
    Plus Moyes has never won anything before, and never even beaten a strong team away from home. Plus has an abysmal record in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No

Rooney has 12 goals and 16 assists in total this season and has played very well. Van Persie has 14 goals in 20 appearances. Even Welbeck has 9 goals in 17 starts (some of those starts were on the wing) and Hernandez has 7 goals in 10 starts.

I don't think it's correct to say that Moyes hasn't had individual players scoring/making plenty of goals this season to 'bail' the team out as you put it. His tactics and methods have been so predictable and one dimensional the team has struggled to have a variety of different goalscorers and have also defended very poorly to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

No
    Don't you remember or were you even around when a Lee Martin goal probably saved Fergie's job back in 1990? And after 3.5 years in the job, he landed his first silverware. Moyes is only 8 months into the job so he has a fair bit to go yet.

Alex ferguson was a league winner and more importantly, a european winner on the biggest stage available to him. He took over a rabble of a dressing room.

The role of the manager

Transfers: Bought Fellani - doesnt know his best position and paid 4 million over the top. Bought Mata, a player whose best position - we have now given to a player who was adamant in leaving the club until we gave him 300,000 and promised to rename the Sir Alex ferguson stand after him. Trying to chase Cesc up until the final days of the transfer season so that we are left with nothing for a whole season. I dont buy this bull**** that we cant get the players in January - Juventus and porto midfielders only have the europa league left more to achieve for their club.

Playing Style: the playing style has got progressively worse over the course of the season and we have been constantly beaten by non blue chip sides. Instead of trying to incorporate a formation to suit our gifted technical players - he insists on relying on the 2 players we have that are the most one trick in world football. Young (cut inside) + Valencia (to the byline).

Media: Make ill judged statements referring to players quality with the line "people say they are good". Marvels at our squad and then mocks our achievements at the first hint of trouble. Calls out fans who dont have a "football brain" - describes that we have a "great chance in the 2nd leg". We arent fools.

Results: Look at the table - a 40 point swing versus liverpool, epl season over on the 1st of february. Out at home in the cups to Swansea, Sunderland and 2-0 down against a team that has never won a knock out game in the Champions league.

I want to know what straw, people are clinging onto that says to them, things are going to get better. At the start of the season, we all knew it was a leap of faith to let a novice manager at this level have a job of this magnitude and all we can see is failure.

Fans have had to readjust their ambitions from a team of champions to a team of chumps. The board, players and fergie have to take a portion of the blame but when we see the team sheet game after game and see the players who have a 1 in 7 good game regularly starting - then the big finger has to be pointed at one person.

I want to watch football, players want to play good football - containing Olympiakos for gods sake and trying to shut the game from the 1st minute. Say what you want but Fergie was ambitious and maybe his over confidence in his own sides ability in the early yrs made us naive in the CL but damn it - at least we treated sides like last nights with the contempt that they deserved. Moyes tactics, style of football are so lacking in ambition or faith in the players to play - it makes it soul destroying to watch!!!

And maybe - you are right - we should give him 3 and half years (noble thing) but there has been no signs that say he was or will ever be the right man for the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Keano for manager :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    #MoyesOut.

I can see no reasonable argument for United to retain him as manager.

We are only getting worse under him, which is completely unacceptable.

He should have been fired at full time last night and told to make his own way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No
    #MoyesOut.

He should have been fired at full time last night and told to make his own way home.

Percentage chance Ferguson walks back downstairs? This would be the moment that would appeal to him, right? Still a second leg at home in the CL; still home matches against the old rivals. Able to say Moyes was given a stretch to get it right but the performance levels were too far off it too consistently.

I actually think the shouts of 'Keane' are not that outlandish eventhough he wouldn't be welcome around the club at this moment in time. A caretaker until the end of the season so that you can start a proper appointment process could only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

There's nothing to be said here which will affect the future of the club, directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Percentage chance Ferguson walks back downstairs? This would be the moment that would appeal to him, right? Still a second leg at home in the CL; still home matches against the old rivals. Able to say Moyes was given a stretch to get it right but the performance levels were too far off it too consistently.

I actually think the shouts of 'Keane' are not that outlandish eventhough he wouldn't be welcome around the club at this moment in time. A caretaker until the end of the season so that you can start a proper appointment process could only be a good thing.

Not a chance and rightly so, if that happened then every manager in our future would be looking over there shoulder.

Get rid of Moyes and let Giggs/Scholes, as a team, finish off the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Not a chance and rightly so, if that happened then every manager in our future would be looking over there shoulder.

Get rid of Moyes and let Giggs/Scholes, as a team, finish off the season

Giggs / Scholes as a caretaker duo would make sense I think. Would be charitably received by the fans and make it much easier for a big name successor to follow on from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

No
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Giggs / Scholes as a caretaker duo would make sense I think. Would be charitably received by the fans and make it much easier for a big name successor to follow on from.

Giggs / Scholes dont be daft. Thats all ill say on that one as it abs merits not a word morevon the possibility of that duo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

No

Different times. Different owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No
    a few things that need to be understood.

United don't sack managers.
    Bollox. McGuinness and O'Farrell lasted less than a year a piece post Busby.
    The myth that united don't sack managers comes exclusively from Ferguson.

We need to replace the team not the manager.
    Absolute bollox. While there are clearly some players that need to go, the current manager
    is playing them over better options (Young over Kagawa, Valencia over Nani).
    Players like RVP and Carrick are a shadow of last seasons selves. Every player bar Rooney has gone backwards.
    There comes a time when you have to stop blaming everyone else and admit it's the manager.

Ferguson got time, moyes should too
    this makes me sick. Ferguson showed prior to united he was capable of success. He inherited a rotting club that had
    needed years of restructuring.
    Comparing Manchester United 1986 to Manchester United 2013 is a total joke.

he has to go, I can't believe anyone can be stupid enough to think he should stay. He is well on course to do to United what Souness did to liverpool. Loyalty to Moyes is not loyalty to manchester united.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

No
    #MoyesOut.

Last night was the last straw for a United supporting friend of mine who had doggedly stuck to the 'give him time' mantra for months.

I imagine it must be the same for many others.

He's probably lost the fans.

He seems to have lost the players.

The only option, as far as I can see, is sack him. Let Giggs take over until the end of the season, or some ex club legend. Inject a feeling of renewed optimism, of tribalism, of hunger to win, even if it's only in the short term.

That, as much as any sound footballing strategy/philosophy, is what is missing at the moment.

The Olympiakos home leg is all that is left of United's season. The score can be overturned if the fans make the same kind of noise made by the Greeks last night, and that is transferred to a hunger, will to win and belief by the players.

However I find it difficult to imagine that kind of intense, hungry, high tempo performance from United as long as the negativity surrounding Moyes is still there.

Is there anyone seriously still backing Moyes after this? If so, on what grounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No
    Giggs / Scholes dont be daft. Thats all ill say on that one as it abs merits not a word morevon the possibility of that duo

Why not? They can't do any worse than what we currently got.

If they were brought in the fans would be instantly on side and support them till the end of the season.

They know the club, they know the players and it gives us time to sort out a proper replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

#MoyesOut.

Mitch, I'd regularly listen to your points on Moyes and have a little snigger but after last night I think i'm aligning with you and no longer have any faith in David Moyes. I said I would give him until August the 31st 2014 to prove himself, but I no longer feel i can stick to that. I think another poster went through a few things re transfers, style of play etc...and I have to agree to all of this too.

In his 40+ games as manager Moyes has not picked the same team in consecutive game and thats just startling...why??
    The formation from Saturday was different from the formation last night..why?? He change from 4-2-3-1 that seemd to work to 4-4-2 against a mediocre at best team away from home??
    At the end of the match Rooney was playing on the centre spot spraying passes about when we should've been trying to get on the end of the chances he was trying to create.
    We have a mangement team that has no experience of ooperating at this level at all. Why was not one member of Fergies backroom staff kept around to help.

I have to admit when i saw the starting 11 last night i feared the worst.. I thought after saturday we'd se the 4-2-3-1 and dominant posesssion and lots of through balls but it was totally toothless..

I think the Glazers now need to make the brave call and say the Moyes experiment is not working and pay out whatever they need and get rid of him. If he stays around there's a very big chance we will go into terminal decline and not be competing for top 4 next season or in the season's after that. That will have a bigger impact on financials than anything..one season of non CL is manageable a second is not..

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Honest question...

Do you think he has lost the dressing room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

#MoyesOut.

I can. Football is an entertainment product, and this is the most entertaining the EPL has been for 10-15 years. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Honest question...

No. The players lack self belief but Moyes doesnt have the motivational skills to turn it around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I see rvp is apparently blaming team mates for getting in his way by playing in his position according to an interview he gave to dutch media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Honest question...

I don't think he has lost the dressing room. I just don't think he inspires much confidence in the players and that's showing in their performances.

If anything I'd prefer if he had lost the dressing room as at least then that would mean he's making some bold decisions. Right now he's trying to play everything as safe as possible, with his team selections, with his tactics, and we're failing because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Gatling wrote: »
    I see rvp is apparently blaming team mates for getting in his way by playing in his position according to an interview he gave to dutch media

Mentioned the pace of the tactics being to slow which i think we will all agree with. If you look at all the top teams they play with a quick tempo and get the ball to feet early. Were not doing that for Van Persie, he had 1 great chance but the supply to him is non exsistent. Hes not happy and giving the chance in the summer he'll want out

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement