Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No

No but he did win Premier League Manger of the Year 3 times while operating on fumes. And that gives me hope.

**** sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    kstand wrote: »
    Well we need someone to kick start a reaction in the dressing room and send Fergie in with plenty boots lying around and anything else he wants to throw at them - that should motivate them. Moyes is a waste of time.
    Then in the meantime look around at summer alternatives and don't just go for Van Gaal purely because he's available - you might have one good season but then as always with him it would end in tears and we'd be back to square one.

In ideal world I would agree.

The problem though is this...

what happens if Fergie gets results. say we win second leg 3-0 and Fergie gets us 4th.(I did say ideal world;))

then huge pressure all of sudden is on new manger. Actually the fans will want Fergie to stay. Now of course whats wrong with getting CL football. I just think now Fergie is gone and he should not come back.

We need to look forward. Get a manager who is going to bring us forward. Going back to Fergie imo will make other managers shy away from job as they will feel that they will always be looked down upon because of what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

MOyes had two windows to make obvious replacements in the team - failed to do so in both windows.

The players we do have are nowhere near as bad as Moyes has them playing - we should be in the mix for 4th. in the last 12 games we have won 4 and lost 6 - that is simply a disgrace.

He lurches from one style and tactic to another game to game with seemingly no definitive plan in place.

Simply put, he has done absolutely nothing to suggest, imo, that he is the right man to leave in charge of rebuilding United.

Has he not an argument that he inherited a team in the summer and probably had an inflated sense of some players ability so therefore didn't rush in to the transfer market in the summer and it was only after the window closed that he realised how much change was needed?

And January is notoriously a bad time to get the players you might want. It is hit and miss. Surely it is only this window where he can truly rectify what he feels needs doing?

Can't really argue with ya on the tactics side of things to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Would United fans take a punt on Michael Laudrup until the end of the season with the option of a year extension?

No, I'd prefer to try and get Pochettino from Southampton. I love their style of football. He can bring Shaw and Lallana with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MOyes had two windows to make obvious replacements in the team - failed to do so in both windows.

The players we do have are nowhere near as bad as Moyes has them playing - we should be in the mix for 4th. in the last 12 games we have won 4 and lost 6 - that is simply a disgrace.

He lurches from one style and tactic to another game to game with seemingly no definitive plan in place.

Simply put, he has done absolutely nothing to suggest, imo, that he is the right man to leave in charge of rebuilding United.

When De Gea has the 3rd most passes in the game to your main striker something is seriously wrong.How is it people posting on forums can see the problems yet the guys sitting in the dugout can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Blatter wrote: »
    It could be for compensation reasons as well. The club will be able to say definitively at the end of the season 'you failed to get top 4' etc. Although we could be mathematically out of the race for that well before the season ends, such is the shambles Moyes has turned the club into.

For arguments sake, can we not just stick him on gardening leave?

I highly doubt he would sit on his hole for 6 years but its probably a risk not worth taking unless u could guarantee ucl this season by doing it.

I guess it really depends on the ins and outs of that contract regarding finishing positions, how prohibitive it is etc.

The only reason to hold onto it till the end of the season is if it allows for early termination due to the clubs position otherwise id gamble on bringing in Hiddink/Heyneckes/Bielsa if he can be got till the end of the season in the hope of getting UCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

No
    8-10 wrote: »
    It's not over yet. Olympiaskos isn't done as a tie

Did you not watch the match last night?

The only thing for United in the home game is the gate receipts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No
    Has he not an argument that he inherited a team in the summer and probably had an inflated sense of some players ability so therefore didn't rush in to the transfer market in the summer and it was only after the window closed that he realised how much change was needed?
    The mere making of that argument would suggest he is not the man to effect change as effectively as a club like Manchester United needs. You can bet your arse Jose would have realised it and addressed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No
    I'm clinging to this for the rest of the day. Not going to happen but can only hope!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/461901/David-Moyes-to-leave-Man-Utd-Stock-exchange-rumours-circulate-after-Olympiakos-loss
    United's season sunk to a new low in Athens last night as Olympiakos grabbed a 2-0 last-16 Champions League advantage.

And this morning social media has been awash with speculation that Moyes and United could be set to part company.

Trading expert Miles Eakers claims the market talk in New York is that Moyes will leave United today.

Bookmakers have responded by slashing Moyes' odds to last the season at Old Trafford, with Betfair priced as short at 5/4.

However, there has been no suggestion from United that Moyes will leave, with his position understood to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

No
    Joe Kinnear is available...

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    The mere making of that argument would suggest he is not the man to effect change as effectively as a club like Manchester United needs. You can bet your arse Jose would have realised it and addressed it.

The argument could be made that the greatest manager ever failed to address the same problems the year before though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Last time I checked, this is the first time I’ve discussed this in the United thread. But since when do you decide when, where and whom may or may not express an opinion? Because I wasn't aware of a moratorium being in place on certain topics.

Well Mourinho has a midfield and there are also quite a few pivotal players in the squad that were present during his initial tenure at the club. Pellegini? Well hasn’t he a couple of hundred million reasons to be in challenging position this season. And Mancini left him a decent squad, a squad with not much wrong with it.

He started his job as United manager on the 1st July 2013. Unlike you, I’m not in a position to speculate on what he did or didn't do prior to officially taking up his appointment.

No but he did win Premier League Manger of the Year 3 times while operating on fumes. And that gives me hope.

Corvus i wasn't specifically saying you, a lot of poster have said give hime a free pass and thats just BS. Mourionho having a midfield is irrelevant. Moyes managed against United last season, should've been aware of the lack of a midfield and identified ptargets etc to strengethen it during last summer, which he clearly didn't do. Moyes had the same amount of millions as Pellegrini..we are claimed to have out bid Madrid on Bale, so he ahd the money. Again he knew he was coming into the job on the 1st but had 2 months notice..
    he won PL manager on fumes but that is irrelevant too...at that level its an admirable thing, but on larger cklubs, winning trophies is the measure of success, not LMA award...he has won no trophies..
    I undertsand your hopes for him, we all as supporters do, but it is getting clearer and clearer he is not suitable. In any other business if your not suitable for a job and producing the results you get a P45. Moyes should not be oblivious too it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No

And January is notoriously a bad time to get the players you might want. It is hit and miss. Surely it is only this window where he can truly rectify what he feels needs doing?

He has that argument, but it is a poor argument.

He would have scouted United plenty and known the weaknesses of our squad as a result of that.

To continue to think Anderson would turn it around (without game time) is stupid, for example.

He then sells Anderson and Fabio without bringing in any cover for them - when we were short in midfield and full back to begin with. Crazy sh1t.

I partly agree Valencia and Nani should have been given another chance, but I also feel he misuse (or no use) of Kagawa and Hernandez is a disgrace.

No signing a central midfield in the January window was simply negligent imo - and I simply won't accept there were no players available to improve us over Cleverley, Anderson, Giggs or Jones at CM.

The squad needed massive work as well as the first team, and Moyes has fuked it up twice - meaning we are now in a position where we possible have to buy two left backs, two right backs, two centre backs, two central midfielders, possibly a winger and possibly a striker in the summer - could NONE of that been done in January and possibly help us in the second half of the season? (Based on Evra going, Buttner being crap, Rafael being sold (CRAZY), no backup right back, Rio leaving, Vidic leaving, Anderson gone, Giggs going, Jones not a CM, Cleverley not first 11 quality, Valencia not doing anything, Hernandez never getting a game and RVP seemingly wanting out).

Fan-fuking-tastic squad and man management from Moyes.

No
    The argument could be made that the greatest manager ever failed to address the same problems the year before though?
    No, that'd be a **** argument. That same manager had the team set up in a way that routinely won games. There was no reason for change in the short-term. If Moyes could routinely win games, the argument about these problems would scarcely exist. People would know that United were weak in midfield, we always have, but it is only under Moyes that it has been a weakness that has been able to manifest into a completely shoddy team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

If he couldn't see how poor Cleverly & Valencia were, how old Giggs, Rio & Evra are, and how reliant we were on RvP last season, then he's not the man for the job. There needed to be 3-4 transfers in the summer. But at least he tried.

I'd get over not qualifying for the CL if we had decent tactics and just missed out, but we have no tactics, and will be well off the top 4 come May.

No
    I would just warn United fans not to get their hopes up about the news today if you want Moyes out.

It might happen but I think its end of season most likely.

Never know. Just dont be too surprised if its another sponsorship deal:pac:

No

So?

Firstly, that manager is gone so it is up to Moyes now, and now it is Moyes' failing.

Secondly, that manager didn't have us a laughing stock in Europe or domestically, so the midfield was good enough for his team/ability. I contend that had we sorted midfield out as we should we would have won more - but we can't be unhappy with the trophies we did win, so that earns Fergie the pass he basically got.

Moyes isn't getting near the same level out of the same players so either he needs to go or he needed to improve the squad - he did neither and it has screwed us up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The problem Corvus is that we don't have 2-3 shots to take at rebuilding the squad for the future i.e. spend over 150m, give 4-5 players 100k or more. If we don't do that right, then we're staring into the abyss by the time 3.5 years comes around. We aren't bankrolled by the same kind of powers that own the likes of Chelsea and City - we're bankrolled by our own commercial success and in this department the Glazers have done that job well. But with continued failure comes less commercial and sponsorship money and suddenly 3.5 years down the line our budget has dramatically reduced.

It's not that it's a kneejerk reaction from a handful of games. It's been 95% of over 30 odd games that has proven that Moyes is tactically inept at this level and unable to motivate players to do anything other than aimlessly cross the ball.

You are right, commercial pressures will mean our time is limited. But I always held up summer 2014 as the real rebuilding period for any new man in the job. That's why I'm personally reserving judgement until I see where he takes us and how we shape up in 2015. But looking at last nights abysmal performance and as some poster mentioned earlier. Some players are really getting off lightly in here. I can't remember a more gutless performance in Europe. Yes people may or may not solely blame the manager or his tactics. But I don't, because I saw highly paid professionals who couldn't fight for or win possession, never mind string passes together. And that's the basic fundamentals for me, irrespective of what formation any manager puts out on the field.

Leftist wrote: »
    **** sake.

Compelling stuff.

CSF wrote: »
    No, that'd be a **** argument. That same manager had the team set up in a way that routinely won games. There was no reason for change in the short-term. If Moyes could routinely win games, the argument about these problems would scarcely exist. People would know that United were weak in midfield, we always have, but it is only under Moyes that it has been a weakness that has been able to manifest into a completely shoddy team.

Fair points alright. I guess from the outside perspective I would also say that Ferguson set them up that way alright but you must also remember that once Ferguson left other teams (except Arsenal unfortunately:() played differently too. They were psychologically emboldened and not beaten in the tunnel. This can't be overlooked either I think. It's probably more evident from a non United perspective than inside but never forget the effect Fergie had on other teams not only his own.

No
    Lads just dont get yer hopes up thinking Moyes will be gone today.

He might be but I reckon it will be end of seaosn before its done.

More likely more sponsorship:pac:

I hope im wong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    Blatter I value your, and Kews word on here, and would love to know a couple of bullet points on where, and how you see Moyes has failed?

- one dimensional and predictable tactics

- overly cautious, which leads to a lot of negativity

- gives out pathetic/small club mentality vibes from his interviews

- poor decisions in the transfer market, not replacing Evra in January at the latest was criminal

- can't motivate top players who always want to win, seemingly apart from Rooney, who he's just thrown £300k/week at for the next 5.5 years.

- has taken last season's champions (by 11 points!) to 11 points outside the top 4 in February and beaten comprehensively by an average Olympiakos side who didn't even have to play that well to do it.

So?

Firstly, that manager is gone so it is up to Moyes now, and now it is Moyes' failing.

Secondly, that manager didn't have us a laughing stock in Europe or domestically, so the midfield was good enough for his team/ability. I contend that had we sorted midfield out as we should we would have won more - but we can't be unhappy with the trophies we did win, so that earns Fergie the pass he basically got.

Moyes isn't getting near the same level out of the same players so either he needs to go or he needed to improve the squad - he did neither and it has screwed us up.

My only point is that he probably thought Cleverly, Valencia, Young etc were better than they were before he took over and gave himself a month or two to look at the squad and then decide. That's why he didn't act? Just a suggestion.

Also as I said above. A lot of teams feel liberated playing United now and this is also a factor.

What about some of the players attitudes though and their dereliction of duty?

No
    My only point is that he probably thought Cleverly, Valencia, Young etc were better than they were before he took over and gave himself a month or two to look at the squad and then decide. That's why he didn't act? Just a suggestion.

Also as I said above. A lot of teams feel liberated playing United now and this is also a factor.

What about some of the players attitudes though and their dereliction of duty?

If the manager can't motivate players, at all, any of them, then get shot of him. I'd bin a number of the players too - but the lack of any attitude from the players stems from Moyes' actions. imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No
    Lads just dont get yer hopes up thinking Moyes will be gone today.

He might be but I reckon it will be end of seaosn before its done.

More likely more sponsorship:pac:

I hope im wong

Honestly, although Ive wanted him gone since late last year, if i knew he was going in the summer I`d be happy.

No
    adox wrote: »
    Honestly, although Ive wanted him gone since late last year, if i knew he was going in the summer I`d be happy.

Only on the proviso that United had the next manager picked, tapped up and sorted in the next month or so - and that the new manager had actual plans on how to rectify the mess to put into action the moment Moyes is sacked - so we don't have another summer of this stupid "Window isn't even open/Window just opened/Needs to get to know the players/only just started so can't be in a position to sign anyone" crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No
    You are right, commercial pressures will mean our time is limited. But I always held up summer 2014 as the real rebuilding period for any new man in the job. That's why I'm personally reserving judgement until I see where he takes us and how we shape up in 2015. But looking at last nights abysmal performance and as some poster mentioned earlier. Some players are really getting off lightly in here. I can't remember a more gutless performance in Europe. Yes people may or may not solely blame the manager or his tactics. But I don't, because I saw highly paid professionals who couldn't fight for or win possession, never mind string passes together. And that's the basic fundamentals for me, irrespective of what formation any manager puts out on the field.

Can understand that players are getting off lightly but they'll quite rightly be moved off in the summer. But there's very little evidence to show Moyes can turn this around if any. And what happens if Moyes clears deck and we spend a fortune on players that aren't wanted by a new manager who comes in if we're sitting in 6th or 7th by November/December next season. We're right in the **** then because they'll have signed long term, high end wages (because that's the only leverage we've gotten this summer due to his failing to get us into CL football) and they'll be impossible to move on without making a massive loss. That's what I'm worried about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    But looking at last nights abysmal performance and as some poster mentioned earlier. Some players are really getting off lightly in here. I can't remember a more gutless performance in Europe.

When one performance is gutless you blame the players.

When 30+ performances are gutless, you look at the manager.

brinty wrote: »
    Corvus i wasn't specifically saying you

O.k. that's fair enough.
    a lot of poster have said give hime a free pass and thats just BS.

Maybe I'm just a bit old school and that's why I mentioned way back, that maybe Moyes should have the same 3.5 years the SAF had. Yes I do realise that's not practical in today's business driven corporate world of high end football. But it still doesn't stop me from wishing he gets the time.

Mourionho having a midfield is irrelevant. Moyes managed against United last season, should've been aware of the lack of a midfield and identified ptargets etc to strengethen it during last summer, which he clearly didn't do. Moyes had the same amount of millions as Pellegrini..we are claimed to have out bid Madrid on Bale, so he ahd the money. Again he knew he was coming into the job on the 1st but had 2 months notice..
    he won PL manager on fumes but that is irrelevant too...at that level its an admirable thing, but on larger cklubs, winning trophies is the measure of success, not LMA award...he has won no trophies..
    I undertsand your hopes for him, we all as supporters do, but it is getting clearer and clearer he is not suitable. In any other business if your not suitable for a job and producing the results you get a P45. Moyes should not be oblivious too it..

But I still think the magnitude of the United job is overwhelming and requires time to adjust to. Possibly Madrid is the only job that comes close. Moyes really looked shell shocked by the level of world wide support, that United had during the summer tour last year. I even think he said as much during a press conference.

Yes I have been unimpressed by our transfer activity, but I think losing Martin Edwards was a huge double whammy when SAF retired. Poor business management imo. I think Edwards should have stayed on to act as a guiding hand for any new managers first year in charge. So depending on how we shape up after this summer, I remain hopefully that things can only improve.

No
    Fair points alright. I guess from the outside perspective I would also say that Ferguson set them up that way alright but you must also remember that once Ferguson left other teams (except Arsenal unfortunately:() played differently too. They were psychologically emboldened and not beaten in the tunnel. This can't be overlooked either I think. It's probably more evident from a non United perspective than inside but never forget the effect Fergie had on other teams not only his own.
    If Moyes came in and carried on as were, nothing would have changed. When plenty of other teams have been able to beat United and come get results at Old Trafford it stands to reason that teams are going to go there with belief now. On the flipside teams seem to be fearing going to Anfield now, that isn't something that has been built through years of it being a fortress now, Liverpool have just been so clinical there, that teams know what to expect. If a new manager comes in and turns Old Trafford into a fortress quickly, the same happens, not to Fergie's extent, but enough to give a huge advantage to United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    Moyes still being employed is making my hangover worse

When one performance is gutless you blame the players.

When 30+ performances are gutless, you look at the manager.

I haven't seen all 30+ performances so I wouldn't know. But if you have? Then you are entitled to blame the manager. But it still wouldn't exonerate the players for me. This is mostly Fergie's team and they are Fergie's boys. Therefore it is natural for a players loyalty and respect to lay with the old manager. Human nature being what it is, people are naturally resistant to change. For me Moyes or any new manager will have to put his stamp of authority on the squad. And I think that applies to any sport or any profession. Now whether he's given the time to do it or not, who knows? But I do think this summer will be pivotal for our future.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

No
    i seem to remember corvus maximus, that u stuck the knife into trappatoni at the end.

Has Moyes season of disaster really being a better achievement that Traps Ireland career??

One took a team of serial championship winners to 5th place - playing awful football
    The other took us to european championships against all odds playing awful football

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

So Moyes said he wanted to play Clev last night (God knows why) and thats why he left Adnan out?

I may be stupid but last time I checked both of those players played in different positions? Can someone explain it to me.

Clev and Carrick were really bad last night. Rooney was collecting the ball from Rio at times. There was no link from MF to the forwards, the ball only went wide.

I read this short summary of this seasons style on the Guardian, its the best summary of our wide tactics differing from last seasons
    We will get zero snappy, rhythmic and hypnotic MF play with Clev partnering anyone. Moyes hadn't used him in a while and I thought he'd had enough of him but then he throws him back in for an important match like that. Its very frustrating especially after Fellaini played well on Saturday where we actually had some play in the centre of the pitch.

Reading the above just reinforced for me how badly we miss the ginger ninja. He really was the glue that held it all together over the past few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Reading the above just reinforced for me how badly we miss the ginger ninja. He really was the glue that held it all together over the past few seasons.

Last season he made 8 appearances in the league and the team won it by 11 points. This team are nowhere near as bad as Moyes is making them look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    Would United fans take a punt on Michael Laudrup until the end of the season with the option of a year extension?

No. His management is very overrated imo. He took a very tidy Swansea team, got in some good players, and had them sitting deeper and deeper as time went on, completely negating their strengths. He always gave the opposition way too much respect. There are also lot's of rumours that he was lazy at the club. The fact that he won a cup does not impress me at all.

Give the job to an ex/current player if we need a stop gap solution.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    And who is that???

Van Gaal
    Heynckes
    heaven forbid....Trapatoni ;)
    or maybe the Great....Stan...

Any of them. I think Stan at Ireland is as bad as Moyes at united.
    At least Ireland could play football when they wanted to. Funny stat is that they scored the goal with the most passes in the 1994 world cup(v mexico). (I think its still in top 5-10 ever)

Also Jack beat teams like Spain, Italy, Germany(in Germany), Portugal, Holland, England, Brazil. Knocked out Denmark(Euro champs at the time)

These were all very good sides back then.

We have a manager that cannot beat the the worst side in the PL......at home!!

Plus we had a tactic. Yes we only had one. But the team knew it and played it well. And all of them played for the manger.

Not ideal but as i said I'd take anyone to be rid of him and give us a lift.

Joe Kinnear is available...

Yep get him in.
    Pro. F wrote: »
    No. His management is very overrated imo. He took a very tidy Swansea team, got in some good players, and had them sitting deeper and deeper as time went on, completely negating their strengths. He always gave the opposition way too much respect. There are also lot's of rumours that he was lazy at the club. The fact that he won a cup does not impress me at all.

Give the job to an ex/current player if we need a stop gap solution.

I'd agree with this but if the option was Moyes or ML, ML all the way til the summer.

Have any united fans on here any hope for this season and next with Moyes in charge? I have zero. Absolutely nothing to be positive or look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The most worrying thing to come from last night's games is not the performance imo but RVP's remarks.

Let's face it we've seen United play similarly bad this season and so there is nothing completely new or surprising in that and we can discuss at length the reasons and solutions to it all. But RVP's criticisms sound like they're coming from a man who just doesn't care anymore and is entirely frustrated, and the worrying thing about that is, for every person standing up and saying something there's usually a few more who are thinking the exact same way but keeping quiet.

And so to put a terrible clichè on it all; has Moyes now lost the dressing room?

No
    Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The most worrying thing to come from last night's games is not the performance imo but RVP's remarks.

Let's face it we've seen United play similarly bad this season and so there is nothing completely new or surprising in that and we can discuss at length the reasons and solutions to it all. But RVP's criticisms sound like they're coming from a man who just doesn't care anymore and is entirely frustrated, and the worrying thing about that is, for every person standing up and saying something there's usually a few more who are thinking the exact same way but keeping quiet.

And so to put a terrible clichè on it all; has Moyes now lost the dressing room?

I find it hilarious that any kind of a top flight manager doesn't know how to get the best out of RVP. This single fact alone should be making fans look at Moyes in a critical light.

RVP one of the best strikers in the world right now and our manager doesn't know how to get the ball to him in scoring positions. This is basic management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    What do you guys do to remain happy in your lives?

I'd love to give a Mick Wallace style speech to Moyes and the chaps in power at OT.

"Its time for you to go David, and bring Cleverley and Carrick with ya"

anyone that hasn't heard his outcry today look it up
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lordgoat wrote: »
    I find it hilarious that any kind of a top flight manager doesn't know how to get the best out of RVP. This single fact alone should be making fans look at Moyes in a critical light.

RVP one of the best strikers in the world right now and our manager doesn't know how to get the ball to him in scoring positions. This is basic management.

In fairness, RVP got into a great scoring position last night and made a a meal of it. Obviously he needs more, but maybe RVP should look a bit closer to home before dishing out comments like he did last night.

No
    Trilla wrote: »
    What do you guys do to remain happy in your lives?

I'd love to give a Mick Wallace style speech to Moyes and the chaps in power at OT.

"Its time for you to go David, and bring Cleverley and Carrick with ya"

anyone that hasn't heard his outcry today look it up
    :)

this is getting me through the day. Not this version but it's close enough

7mins plus of disco.

I Specialise in Love - woop...

i seem to remember corvus maximus, that u stuck the knife into trappatoni at the end.

7rvj8D.gif

Dude you are seriously confused because you remember incorrectly.
    Applauded for what? Trying to milk a nice little earner to the bitter end? If he actually had any integrity, he should have stepped down after the embarrassment debacle we witnessed at the European Championships. So good riddance to him.
    [URL="RE:Trap see here...[url]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86483542&postcount=145[/url]"]RE:Trap see here...[/url]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86483542&postcount=145

To stick the knife in - implies that you once supported/backed a manager/player/team. It is an expression used to call someone out as a traitor/turncoat. But since I like many Irish soccer fans, never liked/had any time for the muppetry of Trappatoni. How does's consistently not liking him suddenly constitute sticking the knife in?

Maybe get your facts right - I never had any time for that waste of space. After all his years in charge, he hadn't the manners or respect for us to even speak our language properly. But there's no doubt in my mind, that he'd be speaking fluent German within 6 months if he landed that gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    This bears repeating:
    David de Gea completed more passes to Van Persie than all but two of United’s attacking personnel.

The Spanish netminder delivered two balls to his Dutch comrade, and that was one more than Michael Carrick, Ashley Young and Danny Welbeck managed.

This follows on from the likes of the Fulham game where Rooney only passed to Van Persie once all game. He is a world class striker playing as the focal point of the attack and thats the service he is getting! :eek:

No
    In fairness, RVP got into a great scoring position last night and made a a meal of it. Obviously he needs more, but maybe RVP should look a bit closer to home before dishing out comments like he did last night.

No striker is going to score every chance. We created one for him in 90mins, not good enough.

Put it this way.

You're in work a new manager comes in, and all of a sudden everything you've been doing brilliantly for years doesn't suit him and makes you look like you're doing a poor job.

How long would it be before you said something in frustration? I'm amazed it's taken this long for it to come out. I'd rather have RVP and Kagawa etc here next season than Moyes. Much harder to replace them than an inept manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    RVP is off in the summer if Moyes is still there imo. Mata behind Rooney next year so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No
    The tide turning on Moyes like and him having seemingly lost the majority of the dressing room this is a very good thing imo as it increases the chances of him being sacked before next season starts.

My big worry is that he'll be given the Summer to bring in a lot of his own players that will suit his style a lot better, things will gradually improve and he remains in a job. But that wouldn't be a good thing for United because imo he will never have United playing consistent winning football in order to challenge for league titles season in, season out - which is undoubtedly what the club should be aiming for given it's resources.

The way things are going now, it's looking more unlikely he'll be given the chance to do that longer term damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No
    Heard from a mate who goes to the away games that the away support for Moyes has been terrific, as soon as that changes then he'll be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

No
    Has an announcement been made on the NYSE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

lordgoat wrote: »

The only funny thing I can find about it is that I get the distinct impression RVP's talking about Danny Wellbeck.

And I'm not just basing that assumption on him simply blocking RVP's shot last night. I find his movement in general infuriating to watch, he constantly makes the same runs as the players around him drawing defenders with him and making it impossible for him or anyone else to get space to receive the ball. There was another league game earlier this season where Rooney looked ready to fell him because in the one 5 minute period he managed to make the same run as Rooney 3-4 times. He just doesn't seem to have the instinct about what way to move and pull opposition players in relation to the rest of the team in order to make space for himself or others.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement