Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

No
    One of the criticisms leveled at Moyes is the perceived inexperience of his background staff at this level. Given some reports that he is to be given more time, I'm surprised Carlos Queiroz hasn't been more strongly linked with a return to the club. Ferguson said in his autobiography

"‘He was so impressive I offered him the job straight away. He was the closest you could be to being the Manchester United manager without actually holding the title.

‘He took responsibility for a lot of issues he didn’t have to get involved with. He had most of the qualities to be the Manchester United manager. He could be an emotional man. But of all the ones who worked alongside me, he was the best, no doubt about that. He was totally straight. He was good for me. He was a Rottweiler. He’d stride into my office and tell me we needed to get something done.’"

I reckon he'd have a lot to offer and would love to see him given a role along side Giggsy, Phil Neville, Steve Round, Chris Woods and Robbie Cooke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

bangkok wrote: »
    im talking about Gundogan not Dortmund...... :pac:

What have you made of him this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    he won nothing either.

Who, this Pep Guardiola?

Player
    Barcelona
    La Liga (6): 1990–91, 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1997–98, 1998–99
    Copa del Rey (2): 1996–97, 1997–98
    Supercopa de España (4): 1991, 1992, 1994, 1996
    European Cup (1): 1991–92
    UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1996–97
    UEFA Super Cup (2): 1992, 1997
    Spain
    Olympic Gold Medal (1): 1992

Manager
    Barcelona B
    Tercera División (1): 2007–08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What have you made of him this season?

don't ask stupid questions.... he hasn't played at all back problems

don't ask stupid questions.... he hasn't played at all back problems

Good lad, Google worked for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Manager

Preston North End Manchester United Individual

Hahahahahahah Oh god you crack me up seriously.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'll help you with your homework, here's a few headings for you:

1/ Try reading up on Gundogan's situation.
    2/ Try reading up on a player called Mkhitaryan.
    3/ Try reading up on Hofmann.
    4/ Try reading up on Klopp's thoughts on Kagawa.
    5/ Please ask Klopp or Loew to play Reus at CM if you ever get the chance.

we will see in the summer who is right.... you seem to do a lot of reading, I prefer to look and listen.....

we will see in the summer who is right.... you seem to do a lot of reading, I prefer to look and listen.....

Wow :)
    Tell me this, what would Gundogan bring to United?

Good lad, Google worked for you.

are you not a Liverpool supporter anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The charity shield is window dressing. As for the personal awards :-)

Unless its that chairty shield game against City where Clev and Nani did some nice interplay and got a goal. That was a full on battle and proof Clev was going to be star.

• Advertisement

you are the same guy that thinks isco could sign for Liverpool hahahahahaha

are you not a Liverpool supporter anyway?

I sure am, I'm not sure what that has to do with this discussion though. I'm asking for your opinion on players you've mentioned.

If I started listing names of players I wanted at Liverpool I would be able to say why I wanted them, I wouldn't just throw out names I've read on a website. I would name players who I HAVE ACTUALLY WATCHED.

you are the same guy that thinks isco could sign for Liverpool hahahahahaha

That is your answer to what Gundogan can bring to United?

he will play beside carrick and control the midfield, technically very good, covers a lot of ground, great passer....what else do you want?

now tell me, why would isco leave real Madrid after 1 season signing for 32m and join Liverpool of all places?!!!!

now tell me, why would isco leave real Madrid after 1 season signing for 32m and join Liverpool of all places?!!!!

Could you show me where I said Isco would sign for Liverpool? I said if we qualify for the champions league it opens up the opportunity to go after players LIKE him, I also mentioned Hummels in the same post iirc.

Could you show me where I said Isco would sign for Liverpool? I said if we qualify for the champions league it opens up the opportunity to go after players LIKE him, I also mentioned Hummels in the same post iirc.

go on back to your Liverpool thread there and play some championship manager....

go on back to your Liverpool thread there and play some championship manager....

I can't play anymore, I tried to play Reus in central midfield, he said no and now the game won't load.

• Advertisement

football transfer rumour mill.............. says it all

football transfer rumour mill.............. says it all

Isn't that what you're basing your Gundogan transfer on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

ericzeking wrote: »
    I'm happy to stick by Moyes, Wednesday night was a test for me to be honest, to see the return our misfiring wingers (Antonio Valencia name on the team sheet makes me want to cry) in the wake of such a promising performance Saturday was pretty demoralising especially given that essentially the same team was available if you just swapped Mata for Kagawa.

So I'm happy for Moyes to get the summer to ship out more than a few and get players who want to play for him. If, come next October/November that there isn't a marked improvement, I think that will be time enough to make a change.

I very much agree with your post.

I personally think Moyes downfall this season has almost solely been down to choosing to play - and earlier in the season having no choice but to play - Cleverley, Valencia and Young. United will never amount to anything with them in the team.

The team against palace was promising. Play a team set up like that, with players in defined roles like Fellaini finally seemed to have, with players who can actually play football ie Mata, Januzaj, Kagawa, Nani, and Moyes will be on the right track.
    I'd also like to see Fletcher back in the team interchanging with Fellaini, and without a doubt Moyes needs to needs cover or an actual replacement for Carrick.
    Smalling, Jones, Evans are solid centre backs for the future for me.

If Cleverley and Valencia are still permanent fixtures in Moyes team come the end of this season, I want him as far away from Old Trafford as humanly possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Manager

Preston North End Manchester United
    • FA Community Shield: 2013
    • FA Cup: 2014-2015
    • League Cup: 2014-2015
    • Premier League: 2014-2015
    • UEFA Europa League: 2014-2015
    Individual

I've come from the future to FYP.

Disclaimer: My future may differ from your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    Cripple fight...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

No
    he will play beside carrick and control the midfield, technically very good, covers a lot of ground, great passer....what else do you want?

Moyes will probably play him on the wing. Get to the bi line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

SlickRic wrote: »
    the Moyes conundrum isn't difficult.

he's never won anything. he has never proven he can win anything.

why?

because he's a safe manager who plays the most extreme form of percentage football I've ever seen. he doesn't get his teams to play with any risk. now, neither does José Mourinho. but he makes up for that with tactical nous and having his players willing to put everything on the line for the cause.

Moyes is good at getting a mediocre team organised, difficult to beat and competitive. that's it. his outlook on the game doesn't allow for actual success at the top end.

he was slagged all round for saying Utd were in good form going into the Olympiacos game. the thing is, I would bet he genuinely does think a couple of draws and a win is good form for a team.

Moyes just doesn't get it. and I'll be honest, i laugh on a regular basis because of it.

why?

because it won't last. as soon as the right man is in, even if it's as late as Christmas, Utd will be back. so I'm making the most of the joy now.
    This might have been a good post had you made it when it was announced Moyes was getting the job. As it is it's straying far too much into populist hindsight claptrap.

'He plays the most extreme form of percentage football I've ever seen' . You surely can't be serious with that sentence. Talk about hyperbole. Everton were actually quite an attacking outfit with Fellaini and Osman bombing forward supported by Baines/Coleman/Pienaar out wide.

Moyes will get through this season and be given at least a couple of months next season to see how he gets on with his new team. I'm not as convinced as most in here that he can't turn things around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No

He could easily slot in at left back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Thought John Giles was largely correct last night in his analysis on Moyes. United appointed Moyes, they should give him this summer to clear out who he doesn't want and bring in who he does want. If by Christmas he still can't get performances out of a team he has assembled maybe then they could start looking for an alternative manager. I think it would be a mistake to sack him right now though, that would only deflect from the larger problems at United with various players who are reaching the end of their careers or just want out. If Moyes is still there this summer, the first thing he should do is get rid of Ferdinand and Van Persie. Ferdinand is finished anyway, but Van Persie really did make a prat of himself in that interview with Dutch TV.

Heres a great video to make Kagawa fans like me more angry

Isn't that what you're basing your Gundogan transfer on :)

no his father said he is "open to anything" in the summer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Giruilla wrote: »
    Heres a great video to make Kagawa fans like me more angry

Good video alright. Still, when Moyes put Kagawa on he hardly instructed them not to give him the ball. Some very average players with little or no vision in that United side judging by those clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Lennonist wrote: »
    Good video alright. Still, when Moyes put Kagawa on he hardly instructed them not to give him the ball. Some very average players with little or no vision in that United side judging by those clips.

Remember when watching the game, on more than one occasion Young got the ball up the wing and whipped a cross into the box without lifting his eyes off the ball...........i was furious, such a limited player......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Boards should really have a stop at registration where you have to confirm your age......

Lennonist wrote: »

I fully agree.
    I think the video just highlights how great Kagawas movement and vision. He always wants to get on the ball and attack when he plays.. a true United player. Always looking to play centrally and pick out men playing ball to feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No

An Extremely high hospital bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

No
    ericzeking wrote: »
    I like how Moyes has spent money so far and I like who he has targetted and I think they reflect positively on what might be to come.
    Mata, Fellaini, Rooney, Nani, Januzaj....that's what he has outlaid money on... all positive as far as I'm concerned.

He's been heavily linked with the likes of Fabregas and Gundogen, I like that too.

So I'm confident he will sign the right players.

So I'm happy for Moyes to get the summer to ship out more than a few and get players who want to play for him. If, come next October/November that there isn't a marked improvement, I think that will be time enough to make a change.
    How in Gods name can you possibly be happy with wasting an entire summer chasing a player who will never come to Utd? That's breathtaking stupidity.

Even if Barca wanted rid of him, he'd never sign for United.

£60m on 2 players - 1 of which has been an utter failure so far, the others best position is the exact same position where you've gone and given the chap who plays in it 300 grand a week!

Being linked with top class players is no indicator a manager has a clue. A 7 year old on Football Manager would know enough to link Man Utd with top players.

Signing top players, playing them in position and motivating them is an indicator of a top manager.

To date Moyes has done none of the above.

Any argument saying "give him until OCTOBER" is absolutely mental.

So you propose giving him £100-£150m to spend, let im spend it, fail, sack him and the new man comes in with no transfer window, no pre-season and £100m worth of talent he may neither want, rate nor need.

That's carnage.

If Moyes gets the summer window then he'll get the entire season next year, There's no other logical way to do it.

That's why he needs to go now/before summer.

If the board had any cop on they'd use the next 4 months to tap up, sound out the replacement and make sure they get it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

SlickRic wrote: »
    I did.

thanks.

now, do you think him winning Manager of the Month awards, a Community Shield against Wigan and a Second Division title with Preston mean he is a proven winner?

The opposite of having won nothing is not a proven winner. You stated he had won nothing, were contradicted by the poster you quoted, and are trying to move the goalposts now.

It's not true to say Moyes is a proven winner, just as it's not true to say Moyes has won nothing. It doesn't have to be one or the other

LiamoSail wrote: »
    The opposite of having won nothing is not a proven winner. You stated he had won nothing, were contradicted by the poster you quoted, and are trying to move the goalposts now.

It's not true to say Moyes is a proven winner, just as it's not true to say Moyes has won nothing. It doesn't have to be one or the other

thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    Won nothing meaningful would be a more accurate description.

It sickens me though that so many still support the notion of giving him until next Christmas.

He's going to sell/lose the likes of Kagawa in the summer and probably keep the likes of Young and Valencia. He needs to leave asap so a new manager has time to identify targets and lay the ground work for the badly needed rebuild that again some deluded people don't think needs to be done.

How much abject failure with no light at the end of the tunnel are you willing to put up with.

Prime example right here.
    Anyone see Sadlier on RTE last night? Made some excellent points.. asking the fundamental questions,
    "What is Moyes stamp or what will be Moyes stamp when he gets his players in?"
    .. to which Giles and Ronnie both couldn't/dodged answering.

I personally am happy to give Moyes the time, based on it being what Ferguson wants, and that I do believe stability is more important to a club than anything else.
    However I can't say I'm not worried in that I'm also stuggling to find an answer to Sadlier's question.

Stability? You consider the club stable at the moment?
    And/or proves how fickle, impatient and desperate for instant success united supporters are after their most successful manager in history left them one request. Just saying.

Same bull**** argument by people who can't formulate any logical reasoning into why Moyes should be given more time. We aren't fickle. Nobody expected instant success. We had very reasonable and obtainable expectations of top 4 in the league and maybe 1 of the mickey mouse cups. Top 4 in the league would have sufficed.

When top 4 becomes impossible half way into the season and you've been knocked out of all cups by poor teams then you have to ask serious questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    Moyes has won nothing of relevance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

It's possible to think that United's squad needs a big overhaul (so this season is not completely Moyes' fault) but that Moyes isn't the man who should be allowed to do it. Your squad has a lot of holes in it, but it's hardly beyond repair.

Goalkeepers
    De Gea (23), Lindegaard (29)

This position looks sorted. One of the best young keepers in the world and as good a backup as most clubs could hope for.

Right Back
    Rafael (23), Varela (20)

Rafael is very strong first choice, Varela looks promising, but at the moment has to be classed as unproven backup. So for RB, cover may be necessary, but Jones/Smalling may be considered adequate emergency cover.

Left Back
    Evra (32), Buttner (25)

Evra is past it imo and Buttner just isn't good enough. A left back is a top priority in the summer, ideally two.

Centre Back
    Vidic (32), Ferdinand (35), Jones (22), Smalling (25), Evans (26)

Another problem position. Ferdinand is past it and will probably retire. Vidic is still your best defender but is leaving in the summer. That leaves just 3 recognised centre-backs. Jones is probably your future in that position, so the defense should be built around him. Smalling hasn't lived up to his initial promise, but he and Evans provide pretty decent backup. Sign one quality centre back to partner Jones and things don't look so bad. In an ideal world. you'd look to sign two new CB's and let Jones continue to develop (he is only 22 after all).

Central Midfield
    Carrick (32), Fellaini (26), Cleverly (24), Giggs (40), Fletcher (30)

This continues to be a big weakness. Let's discount Giggs immediately for being too old. He has no part of United's playing future. Cleverly is simply not good enough and should be moved on. If you discount these two you really start to see the poverty of options in the middle.
    Carrick is a very good player and although he is 32, he should have a few more years in him. Fellaini will come good, I think, but Fletcher is 30 and has had terrible health problems, so you'd wonder how much of a solution he will be for United over the next 3/4 years.
    Two central midfielders are badly needed imo - one to replace Carrick in the first XI and one to replace Fellaini in the first XI. Now, I think both Carrick and Fellaini are good players and a Carrick/Fellaini midfield would be far from the worst midfield around, but even with those two you are missing any real pace in the centre and any real creativity.
    So, a quick, physical defensive midfielder, and a creative outlet.

Attacking midfield
    Januzaj (19), Mata (25), Kagawa (24), Young (28), Nani (27), Valencia (28)

There is really very little that should need to be done here. Mata is top class, Kagawa is an outstanding creative player and Januzaj is one of the most exciting young players in the premier league.
    Nani has been criminally underused this season, but Young and Valencia are both on the wane. If you could offload two of Young/Nani/Valencia and bring in one more attacking player your options in this area would be as good as any teams.

Strikers
    Rooney (28)
    Van Persie (30)
    Welbeck (23)
    Hernandez (25)

If Van Persie stays, Chico goes. If Van Persie goes (which I think he might), Rooney becomes the main man and Chico stays. Either way, I'd be surprised to see any additions in this area.

In Summary
    Out
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Evra or Buttner
    Cleverly
    Giggs
    Valencia, Young, Nani (2 from these)
    Hernandez (or RVP)

That's 8 players out

In
    First choice left back
    First choice centre back
    Defensive Midfielder
    Creative Midfielder
    Attacking Midfielder/Winger
    plus possibly:
    Right back cover
    Additional centre back
    Left back cover

So between 5 and 8 signings needed imo.

That's a massive turnaround.
    If you don't get CL this season, you absolutely need to get it next season. With up to half a dozen new signings bedding in and some big players having left, it's going to be very tough. You need someone other than Moyes to make it happen imo.

people calling for moyes to be sacked are 90's fans who knew nothing of united when they hadn't won a league in 26 years before fergie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

No
    people calling for moyes to be sacked are 90's fans who knew nothing of united when they hadn't won a league in 26 years before fergie....

what relevance does any of that have to do with anything?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

no his father said he is "open to anything" in the summer

That's it then. I can see how it's likely that Gundogan is going to end up at Man U with Kagawa going back to Dortmund in return to you now. After all, it's not like clubs like Real Madrid and Barca have been regularly linked with him over the past year. Sure, it's not like clubs like City, PSG, Monaco and Chelsea will be interested in him if he's available neither.

With Kagawa coming back to Dortmund, I do wonder if he'll outright replace Lewandowski as the main striker now. Sure, Messi was converted into a false nine. Shinji can be too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

How in Gods name can you possibly be happy with wasting an entire summer chasing a player who will never come to Utd? That's breathtaking stupidity. Lots here believe it was only a matter of agreeing a fee and that the personal deal was done.

Even if Barca wanted rid of him, he'd never sign for United. How do you know? Money talks

£60m on 2 players - 1 of which has been an utter failure so far, the others best position is the exact same position where you've gone and given the chap who plays in it 300 grand a week! So far... spot on, how did you feel about David deGea after 6 months? Rooney and Mata can operate in the same team, anyway I believe RVP will be off and Rooney will be our no.9 next season.
    Being linked with top class players is no indicator a manager has a clue. A 7 year old on Football Manager would know enough to link Man Utd with top players. True that

Signing top players, playing them in position and motivating them is an indicator of a top manager. Some of the players are motivated by the manager, some are not, there are reasons for this which I explained.

To date Moyes has done none of the above. Incorrect. Is Mata not a top player? Rooney? I'd nearly go so far as to say they are 'top, top players'....!! Fellaini is also a top player and will prove it.

Any argument saying "give him until OCTOBER" is absolutely mental.

So you propose giving him £100-£150m to spend, let im spend it, fail, sack him and the new man comes in with no transfer window, no pre-season and £100m worth of talent he may neither want, rate nor need. I propose giving the manager a chance to work with players of his choosing, the fact they will cost 100-150m is more to do with the market and the level and number of players we need.

That's carnage.

If Moyes gets the summer window then he'll get the entire season next year, There's no other logical way to do it. Fair enough, my initial stance was 2 full seasons, however as I explained, I have begun to waiver.

That's why he needs to go now/before summer.

If the board had any cop on they'd use the next 4 months to tap up, sound out the replacement and make sure they get it right.

See replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It's possible to think that United's squad needs a big overhaul (so this season is not completely Moyes' fault) but that Moyes isn't the man who should be allowed to do it. Your squad has a lot of holes in it, but it's hardly beyond repair.

Goalkeepers
    De Gea (23), Lindegaard (29)

This position looks sorted. One of the best young keepers in the world and as good a backup as most clubs could hope for.

Right Back
    Rafael (23), Varela (20)

Rafael is very strong first choice, Varela looks promising, but at the moment has to be classed as unproven backup. So for RB, cover may be necessary, but Jones/Smalling may be considered adequate emergency cover.

Left Back
    Evra (32), Buttner (25)

Evra is past it imo and Buttner just isn't good enough. A left back is a top priority in the summer, ideally two.

Centre Back
    Vidic (32), Ferdinand (35), Jones (22), Smalling (25), Evans (26)

Another problem position. Ferdinand is past it and will probably retire. Vidic is still your best defender but is leaving in the summer. That leaves just 3 recognised centre-backs. Jones is probably your future in that position, so the defense should be built around him. Smalling hasn't lived up to his initial promise, but he and Evans provide pretty decent backup. Sign one quality centre back to partner Jones and things don't look so bad. In an ideal world. you'd look to sign two new CB's and let Jones continue to develop (he is only 22 after all).

Central Midfield
    Carrick (32), Fellaini (26), Cleverly (24), Giggs (40), Fletcher (30)

This continues to be a big weakness. Let's discount Giggs immediately for being too old. He has no part of United's playing future. Cleverly is simply not good enough and should be moved on. If you discount these two you really start to see the poverty of options in the middle.
    Carrick is a very good player and although he is 32, he should have a few more years in him. Fellaini will come good, I think, but Fletcher is 30 and has had terrible health problems, so you'd wonder how much of a solution he will be for United over the next 3/4 years.
    Two central midfielders are badly needed imo - one to replace Carrick in the first XI and one to replace Fellaini in the first XI. Now, I think both Carrick and Fellaini are good players and a Carrick/Fellaini midfield would be far from the worst midfield around, but even with those two you are missing any real pace in the centre and any real creativity.
    So, a quick, physical defensive midfielder, and a creative outlet.

Attacking midfield
    Januzaj (19), Mata (25), Kagawa (24), Young (28), Nani (27), Valencia (28)

There is really very little that should need to be done here. Mata is top class, Kagawa is an outstanding creative player and Januzaj is one of the most exciting young players in the premier league.
    Nani has been criminally underused this season, but Young and Valencia are both on the wane. If you could offload two of Young/Nani/Valencia and bring in one more attacking player your options in this area would be as good as any teams.

Strikers
    Rooney (28)
    Van Persie (30)
    Welbeck (23)
    Hernandez (25)

If Van Persie stays, Chico goes. If Van Persie goes (which I think he might), Rooney becomes the main man and Chico stays. Either way, I'd be surprised to see any additions in this area.

In Summary
    Out
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Evra or Buttner
    Cleverly
    Giggs
    Valencia, Young, Nani (2 from these)
    Hernandez (or RVP)

That's 8 players out

In
    First choice left back
    First choice centre back
    Defensive Midfielder
    Creative Midfielder
    Attacking Midfielder/Winger
    plus possibly:
    Right back cover
    Additional centre back
    Left back cover

If you don't get CL this season, you absolutely need to get it next season. With up to half a dozen new signings bedding in and some big players having left, it's going to be very tough. You need someone other than Moyes to make it happen imo.
    Can't see united signing 8 players I'm afraid but thats a good analyses. Also ment too ask this lads of ye who watch the reserves/youth team and players on loan.... Are there any lads we have on our ranks look like making the step up too first 11 ala Nev Becks Scholes years ago and too a lesser extent Adnan this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

No

People comparing Man United FC in 2014 and Man United FC in 1987 and coming to the conclusion that they are one and the same thing need to be sectioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

what is bayerns manager before Guardiola doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No

Please just shut up. Sick of this cliché bollocks.

• Advertisement

If you don't get CL this season, you absolutely need to get it next season. With up to half a dozen new signings bedding in and some big players having left, it's going to be very tough. You need someone other than Moyes to make it happen imo.[/QUOTE]

don't forget Zaha to come back and Powell both on loan, lingard janko in the youths... that's 4 players in. Hope powell makes it looks a cracking player

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement