Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

As much as it hurts me to say it, it would be a shame if Steven Gerrard didn't win an EPL medal at some stage.
    We won't go mad now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Headshot wrote: »
    Very frustrating watching a team like liverpool with average players (majority) but they are miles better than our team who are much better players over all

Thanks for a good laugh:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No
    Liverpool are playing some amazing football this season. Its one touch counter attacking passing one weak and great build up play the next.

Your defense may get exposed in the run in but we have been saying that all season and your still there. Chelsea, City and Spurs all have to go to Anfeild, that will be a major advantage for you, that and being fresh each week.

As much as it hurts me to say it, it would be a shame if Steven Gerrard didn't win an EPL medal at some stage.

City and Liverpool will be a cracker, City wont park the bus :D like Mourinho and it might leave them open like Arsenal and Everton to the counter. attack. Spurs will probably have to win at Anfield so it might leave them open. We all know what Mourinho will do but I'd fancy us at Anfield.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    That video is further evidence that Richie Sadlier is the best pundit on RTE, I've thought that since I seen his analysis of the world cup qualifiers.

Well reasoned arguments based on clear facts, as opposed to the sensationalism and heads in the sands stuff that the rest of them constantly show.

I feel bad for Sadlier. May as well be voicing his opinions on The Den.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Liverpool are playing some amazing football this season. Its one touch counter attacking passing one weak and great build up play the next.

Your defense may get exposed in the run in but we have been saying that all season and your still there. Chelsea, City and Spurs all have to go to Anfeild, that will be a major advantage for you, that and being fresh each week.

Oh give me a break. If Gerrard finishes his career with no Premier League medals, it would be hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

irishfeen wrote: »
    It's worrying me at this stage - I actually think it's Liverpools's to loose now. If they beat United at OT I think they could go all the way.

Livepool could win every match from here to the end of the seaons and still finish 3rd.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

J. Marston wrote: »
    If Gerrard finishes his career with no Premier League medals, it would be hilarious.

4VzhBF.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Oh give me a break. If Gerrard finishes his career with no Premier League medals, it would be hilarious.

Well that true also but in terms of being a one man club and quality etc I wouldn't deny him.....

......but on the other hand we wouldn't have the jokes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

after not winning the title in ages united came close to winning it the year before they actually did , there is a theory that you can't come out of nowhere to win it, that you have to had at least a close run at it the previous season

I remember when united won it that bryan robson was a fading force and didn't play that much and he got his medal - maybe the same will happens with gerrard next season or the season after, hitory repeating and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    donfers wrote: »
    after not winning the title in ages united came close to winning it the year before they actually did , there is a theory that you can't come out of nowhere to win it, that you have to had at least a close run at it the previous season

I remember when united won it that bryan robson was a fading force and didn't play that much and he got his medal - maybe the same will happens with gerrard next season or the season after, hitory repeating and all that

Was just thinking similar earlier. It would be a bitter pill to swallow this season, far more than it would next season or the one after that, simply because it would kind of come out of nowhere. Even City and Chelsea with all their money took a while to crack it.
    We kind of got used to both of them knocking on the door, it would soften the blow a bit if they were challenging for a while beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No
    Was just thinking similar earlier. It would be a bitter pill to swallow this season, far more than it would next season or the one after that, simply because it would kind of come out of nowhere. Even City and Chelsea with all their money took a while to crack it.
    We kind of got used to both of them knocking on the door, it would soften the blow a bit if they were challenging for a while beforehand.

Ah yeah, but then you go down the pointless 'ah they'll never win the title' rubbish after their first and second failed challenge. In 2004 and 2011 there was a lot of 'ah it will never happen' sentiment for the two respectively. I always felt it was a case of when rather than if for both.

Just as the return of Utd to the mix in the short to medium term is inevitable. Liverpool winning the league over the coming period is a million miles away from that. My honest feeling is that this chance mightn't come around for a while if it isn't taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ah yeah, but then you go down the pointless 'ah they'll never win the title' rubbish after their first and second failed challenge. In 2004 and 2011 there was a lot of 'ah it will never happen' sentiment for the two respectively. I always felt it was a case of when rather than if for both.

Just as the return of Utd to the mix in the short to medium term is inevitable. Liverpool winning the league over the coming period is a million miles away from that. My honest feeling is that this chance mightn't come around for a while if it isn't taken.

I get you but I'm just saying that from a United fan's perspective. I obviously hope they don't ever win it but it wouldn't be as hard to take if we were used to there being a chance they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    What would we make of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    SlickRic wrote: »
    I swear there'll be some fans calling for Rodgers' head if we "only" get top 4.

mark my words.

LOL no there won't, unless they're insane

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No

Honestly, anyone but Moyes right now would see me happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No

Who is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    Who is he?

Alex Shaw, writes for The People

No
    Alex Shaw, writes for The People

I hope its true!

Lads, is Homerjay gone? Not seen him posting in weeks

Apologies to the mods if he's banned as I genuinley dont know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

rarnes1 wrote: »

He's following the Ribwich on tour throughout each state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No
    Keno wrote: »

Keno. That is my personal post of the decade.

EDIT: Unthanked it just so I could rethank it.

Going to PM a mod to see if I can thank it twice. Made me laugh so ****ing hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

England captain Steven Gerrard has two FA cups, three league cups, one champions league, one Uefa cup, two Uefa super cups, and many more indivdiual medals,

So i'm sure it won't hurt the legend of the man

Enjoy your 6 years of Dithering Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

jamaamaj wrote: »
    England captain Steven Gerrard has two FA cups, three league cups, one champions league, one Uefa cup, two Uefa super cups, and many more indivdiual medals,

Enjoy your 6 years of Dithering Dave.

so in other words, he hasn't won a premier league medal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    jamaamaj wrote: »

Enjoy your 6 years weeks of Dithering Dave.

More realistic.

Keno wrote: »

Keno that was a bingo, just remember the few of us who were around to be the first to thank that internet winner on this mild, March night!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not really. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

No
    Think as things stand the season's dead and buried now anyways. We're not going to overturn Olympiakos unless Moyes is canned before the second leg which frankly is not going to happen so there really isn't anything to play for this year, dont think anybody here is particularly bothered about qualifying for the Europa league. May as well stick it out, have a replacement in line and give the fella his p45 in May.

There's no argument really why he shouldn't be sacked, it doesnt hold water really. Consider that United have three wins out of twelve this year. That is absolutely ****ing horrendous, relegation form by all means. It's worse when you note that that includes being dumped out of all cup competitions and we played the bottom 6 in that spell, with the wins coming against Crystal Palace, Cardiff and Swansea. There really isnt any other club in football that would still even have Moyes in charge by now so it's commendable that the fanbase and ownership hasnt turned on him. Enough is enough now though. Manchester United do not ****ing do dead seasons by the end of February.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

so in other words, he hasn't won a premier league medal?

Maybe he won't but I think Liverpool will next season. With the way Rodgers has 'Pool playing its very realistic. The defending ain't great but attacking wise it's the best football being played in the EPL.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Augmerson wrote: »
    Maybe he won't but I think Liverpool will next season. With the way Rodgers has 'Pool playing its very realistic. The defending ain't great but attacking wise it's the best football being played in the EPL.

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    220 people think moyes shouldn't be sacked. I need to see 220 explanations.

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home 

Suarez and Sturridge have 1 less goal than the United team put together in the league. The wife is prettier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    220 people think moyes shouldn't be sacked. I need to see 220 explanations.

The poll is pointless; unless it excludes ABUs who are enjoying his uselessness in the role, you're better off ignoring it. Cause I would guess a large number of those explanations are "He is killing the club and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

markc91 wrote: »
    BhqqcoGCQAA8ihc.jpg
    Grim....1 less goal than us!

There's 10 games left for them to catch us in that league...

spiralism wrote: »
    Enough is enough now though. Manchester United do not ****ing do dead seasons by the end of February.

I find it quite refreshing really, it's like being left go from school early on a Friday...

Only to realise you have nothing to do for the weekend....

• Advertisement

Is it just me or do we have an all-time high on Liverpool supporters posting in the United thread?

rarnes1 wrote: »

Yes, think he got a perma-ban

No

City will, the money they have plus the football they play is unreal, you talk about Suarez and Sturridge, Aguero has been out for weeks and Negredo has banged them in, Suarez will be off to Real or Barca, his new deal smacks of Ronaldo's last year with us.

Suarez and Sturridge have 1 less goal than the United team put together in the league. The wife is prettier.

Think Big Dave and Anders will disagree with u...

22_2011123111461571.jpg

misse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I think Moyes position will be determined by the next 3 or 4 games. Poor performances against the Scouse, Olympiakos, and City will see him gone imo. Just cant see the club standing by him if our performances are s**t in those games.

In fairness he has identified and scouted the right players that would improve us, but in reality I think the chances of us getting Kroos, Vidal, Pogba, Fabergas etc are very slim. If Kroos leaves BM he will more than likely end up at Real or Barca. Vidal or Pogba likewise with BM and PSG also in the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No

Any news that Moyes may be gone is good news.

No
    Macca07 wrote: »
    Is it just me or do we have an all-time high on Liverpool supporters posting in the United thread?

It's easily understandable. It's like a perfect storm this season - Moyes decimation of Utd along with Rodgers having Liverpool as title contenders.

Tbf most of them have made good contributions to the thread and been quite level headed. They must be pretty intoxicated from the combination of the fantastic season their team is having, mixed with the collapse of Utd, so fair play to them really.

No
    Robson99 wrote: »
    I think Moyes position will be determined by the next 3 or 4 games. Poor performances against the Scouse, Olympiakos, and City will see him gone imo. Just cant see the club standing by him if our performances are s**t in those games.

I really hope you are right but have a horrible feeling he will be kept for longer and it may be a couple of months into next season before he finally gets the boot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yes, think he got a perma-ban
    What a shame.

Suarez will be off to Real or Barca, his new deal smacks of Ronaldo's last year with us.

If Pool get offered 100 million then I guess he'd be sold but can't see it happening. At the least we should have CL football next season which Suarez really wants to be involved in.

If Utd fail to get CL for next season do you think RVP will try force a move?

If Pool get offered 100 million then I guess he'd be sold but can't see it happening. At the least we should have CL football next season which Suarez really wants to be involved in.

If Utd fail to get CL for next season do you think RVP will try force a move?

I don't think so, he has 2 years left on his contract, earning £250K a week, he won't get that from anyone.

If Madrid don't win the CL this year, then they'll spend whatever it takes on Suarez or Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

I don't think so, he has 2 years left on his contract, earning £250K a week, he won't get that from anyone.

If Madrid don't win the CL this year, then they'll spend whatever it takes on Suarez or Aguero.

I don't think Madrid want Suarez, Aguero probably.

Question for ye...

If you had a choice, which would you take at this exact moment to get our season on track?

A 27 year old Roy Keane, would had so much to our midfield and would give a good kick up the hole that some players need

or

Cristiano Ronaldo

amber69 wrote: »
    I don't think Madrid want Suarez, Aguero probably.

I dunno, they made a pretty big move to try and sign Suarez last year, and City only need to sell if they want rid of a player, which will never happen with Aguero.

No
    Question for ye...

If you had a choice, which would you take at this exact moment to get our season on track?

A 27 year old Roy Keane, would had so much to our midfield and would give a good kick up the hole that some players need

or

Cristiano Ronaldo

Keane.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement