Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

zerks wrote: »
    Re-read my post,especially the bit about games he's pretty much won on his own.Don't argue just for the sake of it.

Of course he's won games on his own, he's one of the best players in the world? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    Moyes has made 2 signings. If you said to any United fan last year that Mata and Fellaini would be added to the squad they would be delighted.

He has a good eye for a player, I wouldn't have many worries with him spending money. He has recognised the areas that need fixing.

You're giving him too much credit. He signed one of his former players and another player that's known to all as being world class and out of favour with his previous club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Of course he's won games on his own, he's one of the best players in the world? :confused:

Genuine question but do you and Lpool fans like Suarez? Great player to watch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Moyes has made 2 signings. If you said to any United fan last year that Mata and Fellaini would be added to the squad they would be delighted.

He has a good eye for a player, I wouldn't have many worries with him spending money. He has recognised the areas that need fixing.

On this...
    1. A good eye for a player I can't give him credit for. Anyone with Football Manager could identify Fabregas, Kroos et al as great targets. Identifying them shouldn't be the goal. Getting them should be.

2. Again, he's recognised the areas that's needed fixing but not actually fixed them; at Xmas time, he shipped out a midfielder and a left back, the two areas we actually needed MORE players for. Granted, the players weren't great, but I can't believe he managed to actually weaken those areas in a transfer window :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1x7QhJB.gif

1x7QhJB.gif

hcaW4.gif

Van Persie did the same for Utd last season tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No
    Liverpool have done great this season I do think they'll need to do a good bit of business in the summer to be able to cope with the PL & CL next season though.

rarnes1 wrote: »

I wasn't trying to argue with him,just said that Liverpool have been lucky that their best players have been in the team more often than not.That's been a big factor in their success,nobody can deny that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

rarnes1 wrote: »

tumblr_mlc1juQ0Mm1ryu3g1o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Al Capwned wrote: »
    Regardless of anyone's opinions on him, I think it's fair to say that this thread is a less interesting place with him not active in it.

yeah, like Bebe at United :p

Gonna be interesting to hear what RVP says to the Dutch media during the week.Will he toe the "we are all in it together at United line" or get a few digs in again?

I wasn't trying to argue with him,just said that Liverpool have been lucky that their best players have been in the team more often than not.That's been a big factor in their success,nobody can deny that.

How is that luck?!?!! :confused: Teams tend to play their best players. I was just pointing out that Suarez has missed a considerable number of games this season and our form didn't go off a cliff like you seem to be stating it would do if we were without him for a couple of months.

Essentially you're saying having top quality strikers is a big part of why Liverpool are doing well. Weird point.

How is that luck?!?!! :confused: Teams tend to play their best players. I was just pointing out that Suarez has missed a considerable number of games this season and our form didn't go off a cliff like you seem to be stating it would do if we were without him for a couple of months.

Essentially you're saying having top quality strikers is a big part of why Liverpool are doing well. Weird point.

Ah jaysus,I thought you were gone.

No
    soooooooo

mixed bag for the on loan guys yday

Lawerence, Barmby, Lingard etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    On this...
    1. A good eye for a player I can't give him credit for. Anyone with Football Manager could identify Fabregas, Kroos et al as great targets. Identifying them shouldn't be the goal. Getting them should be.

2. Again, he's recognised the areas that's needed fixing but not actually fixed them; at Xmas time, he shipped out a midfielder and a left back, the two areas we actually needed MORE players for. Granted, the players weren't great, but I can't believe he managed to actually weaken those areas in a transfer window :S

1. He has been in management longer than 9 months.

2. He tried fixing them, he has the right type of player in mind if we can believe reports.

All I'm saying is it's the area I would least criticise him in. If he gets the Summer spending he will more than likely leave the squad in better shape for the next man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Gonna be interesting to hear what RVP says to the Dutch media during the week.Will he toe the "we are all in it together at United line" or get a few digs in again?

If he goes for the latter then it really kicks up some dust and Moyes will need to act and snip that out. Maybe drop him for a game, as unthinkable as that may be to some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    Far to much Liverpool talk the last 5 pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

This....this right here is why pool fans are so disliked.

It must be like having a mirror, huh?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

C'mon Sunderland!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    mitosis wrote: »
    It must be like having a mirror, huh?

Yeh because we constantly shout 5 times and use words like boss after a half decent season oh and lets not forget "our year"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

1. He has been in management longer than 9 months.

2. He tried fixing them, he has the right type of player in mind if we can believe reports.

All I'm saying is it's the area I would least criticise him in. If he gets the Summer spending he will more than likely leave the squad in better shape for the next man.

Then give the money to the next man NOW and let him build his team.

The last thing that should happen is that Moyes gets the sack after spending 150 million on players the next man doesn't rate.

No

I propose a change in subject in the form of a one word answer to this question...

What reserve/youth player is most likely to play at least 4 seasons in the United first team in years to come?
    One tiny rule - that player can't have played for the first XI in the PL yet

Please play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Blatter wrote: »
    You know the saying 'It was always going to be very difficult for the guy coming in to replace Fergie'?

Couldn't a very similar concept be applied to Everton seeing as Moyes was there for 10 years and all the people at the club didn't know anything different to the way Moyes handles things?
    You've got me there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Trilla wrote: »
    I propose a change in subject in the form of a one word answer to this question...

What reserve/youth player is most likely to play at least 4 seasons in the United first team in years to come?

I would have said Tunnicliffe but look how that turned out! I suppose Lingard because he is the only one I know from the pre-season tour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

James Wilson

**** thats two words. Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

No

Ekangamene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

DM-ICE wrote: »
    James Wilson

**** thats two words. Fail

Wilson and Janko.

No
    Valmont wrote: »
    I would have said Tunnicliffe but look how that turned out! I suppose Lingard because he is the only one I know from the pre-season tour.

My Manc cousins ranted and raved about him, like they did about Cleverley before him.

The latest one they believe in is Barmby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Nothing wrong with respecting Liverpool FC.

irishfeen wrote: »

there is a Liverpool thread for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

yabadabado wrote: »

Yeah it's second from the top in case you can't find it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Macca07 wrote: »
    Yes, think he got a perma-ban

This is not the case, homerjay2005 is welcome to post if and when he so wishes. Let's not speculate on users though, thanks.

Yeah it's second from the top in case you can't find it

big achievement for them to be second from top of Boards.ie Soccer forum.Next year and all that.

Aye but they are historically our biggest rival and loosing to them on the 16th could have major ramifications on our manager/team. If we are embarrassed that day then Moyes will be a dead man walking.

big achievement for them to be second from top of Boards.ie Soccer forum.Next year and all that.

Almost up there with the Top Of The League At Christmas Trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was just thinking the same thing myself. Thought I was in the wrong thread for a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No

There is a lot wrong with it

There is a lot wrong with it
    Ha why? ... I don't like them but I do respect them for what they have historically achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

dfx- wrote: »
    This is not the case, homerjay2005 is welcome to post if and when he so wishes. Let's not speculate on users though, thanks.

Apologies, was taking a time out from the thread when he went missing, thought I read somewhere that it had happened.

Ha why? ... I don't like them but I do respect them for what they have historically achieved.

Sg8vJkv.gif

C'mon Sunderland!!!

The same Sunderland that cheered on the last day of the season against us when City won the league with the last kick of the ball. I actually hope City absolutely destroy and humiliate them today.

Two teams I've wanted to get relegated since have been QPR and Sunderland, one down, one to go.

No
    Does Barmby play similar to his Dad? I've never seen him play tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    I was just thinking the same thing myself. Thought I was in the wrong thread for a minute.

It's confusing alright, I double check the thread title after a Liverpool win or United loss.

Sg8vJkv.gif
    :D hahaha Stop making me laugh, it hurts.

Does Barmby play similar to his Dad? I've never seen him play tbh.

Attacking left sided player, can play central role too but haven't seen a lot of him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    Macca07 wrote: »
    The same Sunderland that cheered on the last day of the season against us when City won the league with the last kick of the ball. I actually hope City absolutely destroy and humiliate them today.

Two teams I've wanted to get relegated since have been QPR and Sunderland, one down, one to go.

Of course they did. Had they been playing City on the day they would have cheered us winning it. That's how football crowds generally are, any excuse to have a laugh at the opposite group. I highly doubt there are many Sunderland fans who gave a toss who won the league out of the two of us.

I have no love for Poyet but I would rather watch his smug face lift the cup before City any day.

William Carvalho talking about a summer move to either United or Real. Have never seen him play but a lot of talk about him this season.

http://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-united/9192993/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-linked-with-Sporting-Lisbon-midfielder-William-Carvalho

• Advertisement

Chagan wrote: »
    Of course they did. Had they been playing City on the day they would have cheered us winning it. That's how football crowds generally are, any excuse to have a laugh at the opposite group. I highly doubt there are many Sunderland fans who gave a toss who won the league out of the two of us.

I have no love for Poyet but I would rather watch his smug face lift the cup before City any day.

They are 1-0 up now.

Mate of mine is a City fan & get's very precious about any criticism of them,he's at the game & is now watching Sunderland fans doing the Poznan:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement