Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No
    keane2097 wrote: »
    This is the most competitive Premier League for the last decade is it, to the extent that Martinez' achievement in being sixth three quarters of the way through is a new level than Moyes doing it ever year?

Excuse me if I guffaw.

It isn't a new level, but seeing as Moyes record at Everton is based on an average of finishing 6th each year, Martinez has done very well to maintain it. I'd say the majority of fans wouldn't have expected them to maintain last years form. For me Everton probably over performed last season so therefor.........

Everton hasn't changed as a club because Moyes left, Martinez faces the same money problems and used the loan system very effectively. Everton under Moyes never really had a striker of the quality of Lukaku. He'll be hard to replace but that doesn't take anything away from the coup in getting him in the first place.

There's a section of fans on this board that don't rate Martinez at all, asking why he got Wigan relegated last season, sure it's an obvious answer, they won the Cup with a limited squad and that affected their usual barn storming finish. Now he has gone on to maintain Everton's record under Moyes and has them competing with an under performing United and Spurs this season, instead of Liverpool and Spurs previously.

He has done well, equaling Moyes over the last few seasons, I don't see how anybody can even argue otherwise. Without crystal balls, there isn't much else to base it on!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

zerks wrote: »

Interesting comments coming from Germany.

His brother Felix outlined that while Manchester United is his favourite club, they havn't talked in depth about anything. some of the red tops spinning it to say his brother saying he would move to United, utter rubbish, his brother only mentioned HE is a big united fan, and they havn't spoken about his future.

Kroos himself revealed today he has no timeline for resolving his contract. They entered negotiations in January which fell apart(confirming somewhat the reports that Bayern told his reps to go re-think their figure) and that regardless of what happens, he wants it all sorted before the World Cup. He doesn't want uncertainty and contract discussions happening while he prepares for the World Cup.

****ING GO HAM WOODWARD!

(Also Gundagon is sub-par to Kroos, this whole ordeal baffles me, I can't believe Bayern would let their best player go)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No
    zerks wrote: »

If Dortmund sell him surely klopp won't stay. Its bad selling your best players but selling them to your rivals must be seriously be pissing him off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

K-9 wrote: »
    It isn't a new level, but seeing as Moyes record at Everton is based on an average of finishing 6th each year, Martinez has done very well to maintain it. I'd say the majority of fans wouldn't have expected them to maintain last years form. For me Everton probably over performed last season so therefor.........

Everton hasn't changed as a club because Moyes left, Martinez faces the same money problems and used the loan system very effectively. Everton under Moyes never really had a striker of the quality of Lukaku. He'll be hard to replace but that doesn't take anything away from the coup in getting him in the first place.

There's a section of fans on this board that don't rate Martinez at all, asking why he got Wigan relegated last season, sure it's an obvious answer, they won the Cup with a limited squad and that affected their usual barn storming finish. Now he has gone on to maintain Everton's record under Moyes and has them competing with an under performing United and Spurs this season, instead of Liverpool and Spurs previously.

He has done well, equaling Moyes over the last few seasons, I don't see how anybody can even argue otherwise. Without crystal balls, there isn't much else to base it on!

Having to rely on results in the last few weeks of the season against the likes of United and Arsenal was a one time deal that he got away with. I'm a fan of Martinez but he neglected defense for years at Wigan and looking at the way they had the potential to play they really should have been clear of relegation last season but while he signed a lot of players who had great technique, a lot of them didn't seem to be motivated early-mid season for a lot of games. He's had some real donkeys in defense the last few seasons, lucky Moyes picked up Stones last year really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    K-9 wrote: »
    It isn't a new level

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

No
    Red Crow wrote: »
    I'm very confident that Moyes will turn it around and that will be in-spite of some the so-called 'fans' at this club. Pathetic really.

Are you saying I'm not a fan as I want Moyes replaced?

• TheDoc wrote: »

His brother Felix outlined that while Manchester United is his favourite club, they havn't talked in depth about anything. some of the red tops spinning it to say his brother saying he would move to United, utter rubbish, his brother only mentioned HE is a big united fan, and they havn't spoken about his future.

Kroos himself revealed today he has no timeline for resolving his contract. They entered negotiations in January which fell apart(confirming somewhat the reports that Bayern told his reps to go re-think their figure) and that regardless of what happens, he wants it all sorted before the World Cup. He doesn't want uncertainty and contract discussions happening while he prepares for the World Cup.

****ING GO HAM WOODWARD!

(Also Gundagon is sub-par to Kroos, this whole ordeal baffles me, I can't believe Bayern would let their best player go)

Fact, Woodward needs to go ape **** on this one as soon as the transfer window opens. All the prep work needs to done now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

kroos isn't bayerns best player.... I think ribery would have something to say about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    Really worried about this summer, or the direction of United.

The talk of LVG/FdB team taking over at United would please me on a managerial level, but the fact is they won't be available until after the world cup.

United need to do business before, during and after the world cup - if we are changing manager we need someone who will hit the ground running in early May (unlike the feck up and cheapness with Moyes). We get a manager that is actually managing in the world cup and we have no chance of him doing anything til July.

Unless United will continue the Mata approach and simply buy the players they think they need, and tell the manager to get on with it.

Of course there would be the possibility that LVG could agree prior to the WC and outline what he wants done - but I'd be surprised if he took his eye off the world cup ball to such an extent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Would that not be another benefit of the duo though? DB coulf come in and start working earlier, analysising the team, starting transfers under guidelines from VG.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Really worried about this summer, or the direction of United.

The talk of LVG/FdB team taking over at United would please me on a managerial level, but the fact is they won't be available until after the world cup.

United need to do business before, during and after the world cup - if we are changing manager we need someone who will hit the ground running in early May (unlike the feck up and cheapness with Moyes). We get a manager that is actually managing in the world cup and we have no chance of him doing anything til July.

Unless United will continue the Mata approach and simply buy the players they think they need, and tell the manager to get on with it.

Of course there would be the possibility that LVG could agree prior to the WC and outline what he wants done - but I'd be surprised if he took his eye off the world cup ball to such an extent.

I think people cant forget the idea of LVG or any other manager coming in the summer altogether whether we like it or not.

I think Moyes will be given a rebuilding summer and will be there no matter what at the start of next season. He will be expected to deliver next season and show improvement and to win something.

There was a recent article saying that the glazers understand that we have an aging squad and the SAF's departure has had some knock on effects and that its a transitional period so I think he has the backing to be given the funds to build his team in the summer and to take them into next season.

If Moyes has a poor transfer window it would be a nightmare because I believe he won't be sacked on the basis of a window and will still be allowed to take that squad forward. If he buys Everton standard players instead of UTD standard would be my big worry.

I agree with giving him one more window to get in who he wants but they must be world class. If after doing that we continue into the new season with the poor displays, shutting up shop to protect slim leads and ineffective play then my backing of him will drop very early into the season and I will call for his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

TheDoc wrote: »

****ING GO HAM WOODWARD!

Don't think it bothers him if it's not done before the WC, just that it won't be discussed during the WC. If anything, a good WC might make Bayern re-think their initial stance on it. Either way, I think his agent is just using United to get Bayern to pay more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    Would that not be another benefit of the duo though? DB coulf come in and start working earlier, analysising the team, starting transfers under guidelines from VG.
    Could happen that way I suppose. But again, even working through De Boer, I can't see LVG taking his eye off the national team to any great degree, even to delegate some matters. At the end of the day it would be him managing United and he would need to be more involved than international football would allow.

Frank De Boer is another issue i have with this paper talk though - can't see FDB quiting Ajax to be No.2 at Untied.

Could see the logic in him as "head coach" and LVG as a Director of Football - but again the summer transfer issue rears its ugly head. The papers mention he could be persueded based on being given assurances he would take over from LVG. Maybe that is the case (and something United are looking at) but it would seem a very odd move from United, and the duo, imo.

The way van Gaal has been talking recently, he wants a big job in England, whether that is United or not is up to the Glaziers. But I couldn't see De Boer taking the no.2 position at any club, don't think it would benefit him at all. And at the moment, he probably doesn't have enough experience to be no.1.

I do think Moyes will be given the summer, as much as I don't want to see it, but if he fails to land any big players, he'll have no excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Thecon21 wrote: »

Thats the best arguement Moyes fans come out with, that you're a fake fan etc, I wouldnt read into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Thecon21 wrote: »

It's certainly implied

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No
    It's certainly implied

what's implied? that he doesn't support united because he wants moyes replaced?

are you ok?

Leftist wrote: »

are you ok?

Just ignore him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Dortmund fans must really really really really hate Bayern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jaysus wept above i just saw on sports direct that the daily fail is linking us with Winston Reid of West Ham. If this is what Moyes is reduced to then he quite simply has to go. -+ I'm fearful he's going to try and nab his old buddy Joleon at the end of this season on a free too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

When you wrote this:
    brinty wrote: »
    jaysus wept above i just saw on sports direct that the daily fail is linking us with Winston Reid of West Ham.

Did that not make you pause to consider the validity of worrying about this:
    brinty wrote: »
    If this is what Moyes is reduced to then he quite simply has to go. -+ I'm fearful he's going to try and nab his old buddy Joleon at the end of this season on a free too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Maybe that is the case (and something United are looking at) but it would seem a very odd move from United, and the duo, imo.

Whatever about if it would be an odd move for the two names being thrown about, I don't think it would be an odd move from United. IF Moyes goes, then there's going to be two goals on the agenda when appointing a new manager.

1. New staff around the manager who are "Top Class"
    Round and Neville are coming under fire as well as Moyes, and the whole thing about Moyes' staff appointments has been given alot of flack in the press and with fans. As well as appointing a new manager, the club would likely want to appoint a new number 2 who fans would feel was up to the job in a way Round isn't. A big name, like DB, would certainly make the coaching staff look great. As would, for example, Rene if they brought him back to complete the Dutch takeover. DB would instill a lot more confidence in people than Round, while not having the pressures of being Number 1.

2. The Long Term Plan
    The club can't come up with another 6 year contract if Moyes goes; if he goes, it's lost all meaning. However they'll still want to, and perhaps be even more eager to, make it look as if they want a long term solution, even if their first one didn't work out. Bringing in DB underneath VG would issue a clear statement that it's not a short term fix, and if/when VG goes, United already have plans in place for continuity. In many ways, it's a safer public message than a stupid six year contract.

So yeah, for me, it would be a fantastic move for the club. Just not sure how keen VG and DB would be in it...though money and future promises would play a large part I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Id like Moyes to get more time but it really is frustrating and annoying seeing people who share my opinion belittling others as they think it's a fans duty to blindly support a club and not to criticise anything about them.
    If nothing else, being allowed to have open and (arguably!) constructive debates and discussions is something the soccer forum as a whole can be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

When you wrote this:

Did that not make you pause to consider the validity of worrying about this:

Of course it did....that's what's so bloody worrying...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Id like Moyes to get more time but it really is frustrating and annoying seeing people who share my opinion belittling others as they think it's a fans duty to blindly support a club and not to criticise anything about them.
    If nothing else, being allowed to have open and (arguably!) constructive debates and discussions is something the soccer forum as a whole can be proud of.

Careful now! You may be branded a traitor and a fake fan :pac:

relax everybody, moyes will not be getting sacked in the summer.... he needs another year.

Whatever about if it would be an odd move for the two names being thrown about, I don't think it would be an odd move from United. IF Moyes goes, then there's going to be two goals on the agenda when appointing a new manager.

1. New staff around the manager who are "Top Class"
    Round and Neville are coming under fire as well as Moyes, and the whole thing about Moyes' staff appointments has been given alot of flack in the press and with fans. As well as appointing a new manager, the club would likely want to appoint a new number 2 who fans would feel was up to the job in a way Round isn't. A big name, like DB, would certainly make the coaching staff look great. As would, for example, Rene if they brought him back to complete the Dutch takeover. DB would instill a lot more confidence in people than Round, while not having the pressures of being Number 1.

2. The Long Term Plan
    The club can't come up with another 6 year contract if Moyes goes; if he goes, it's lost all meaning. However they'll still want to, and perhaps be even more eager to, make it look as if they want a long term solution, even if their first one didn't work out. Bringing in DB underneath VG would issue a clear statement that it's not a short term fix, and if/when VG goes, United already have plans in place for continuity. In many ways, it's a safer public message than a stupid six year contract.

So yeah, for me, it would be a fantastic move for the club. Just not sure how keen VG and DB would be in it...though money and future promises would play a large part I guess.

Round was always going to follow Moyes to United, I don't know any manager that wouldn't bring his own No.2 with him. But to be honest, I don't know where the criticism is coming from for Neville and Round, the same as the criticism that was being thrown at Phelan for the last number of seasons. I suppose it's just the crap performances that have been of late, and criticism needs to be aimed at everyone at the club for that.

I said from the start that they should've hired a manager with vast experience, and brought a no.2 with him that would eventually step up to the manager position. Van Gaal and De Boer would be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    Why? Its fact. It was in response to a post asking "Why didn't Moyes bring anyone in?" that seem to claim nobody was brought which is not fact.

That claim should not have been made with a straight face.

Because its very much damning Moyes with faint praise. Every time I hear somebody make that list of so-called achievements I just wonder why they are happy to settle for so little.

"Hey guys, I gave our striker £300000p/w to not leave us and I gave one of the kids a run of games in the first team! I also bought somebody from my old team for more than his release fee, and then bought a great player we didn't need from a club that were keen to sell, pretty good huh?"

Talk about scraping the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

bangkok wrote: »
    relax everybody, moyes will not be getting sacked in the summer.... he needs another year.
    He will certainly be on very shaky ground if he loses to Liverpool, Man City and don't go through in the CL. I think that could be momentum enough for the Glazer's to seriously consider it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    As would, for example, Rene if they brought him back to complete the Dutch takeover.

Am I the only one that doesn't want Rene anywhere near the club again? Our play has been shlte for the past 3 years and he was a big part of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

No
    It's certainly implied

I'll assume you're taking the absolute p*ss..

One of the most ridiculous responses I've ever seen, I don't mind people supporting Moyes as it's their opinion but responses like that... :mad:

Because its very much damning Moyes with faint praise. Every time I hear somebody make that list of so-called achievements I just wonder why they are happy to settle for so little.

"Hey guys, I gave our striker £300000p/w to not leave us and I gave one of the kids a run of games in the first team! I also bought somebody from my old team for more than his release fee, and then bought a great player we didn't need from a club that were keen to sell, pretty good huh?"

Thats one part of my post addressed, maybe incorrectly. Didn't Ogden report Rooney is on the exact same money as his old contract but Woodward is going to try and find a way to increase Rooneys personal income using the clubs global sponsors. Cue Rooney doing lots of commercials.

You glazed over the other facts, Mata, Fellaini and Januzaj.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No
    Am I the only one that doesn't want Rene anywhere near the club again? Our play has been shlte for the past 3 years and he was a big part of that.

People repeatedly missing this very obvious fact surprises me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    Less than one year in and I'd say most United fans have already turned against Moyes. We're not getting relegated. We're playing sh1t and we need to move on a few players and bring a few players in. I think everybody accepts that we're badly short in some areas of the pitch. We have a shabby defence and no CM. If we show no signs of improvement into next season then I'll start worrying but I'm very confident that Moyes will turn it around and that will be in-spite of some the so-called 'fans' at this club. Pathetic really.

Some fan you are. I'm willing to give the man 3 seasons with no strings attached bar relegation. Only then will we truely know if he is the man for the job. I've no time for these fans who will only give him a mere 2 seasons to turn things around.

Thats the best arguement Moyes fans come out with, that you're a fake fan etc, I wouldnt read into it.

Be careful not to brand everyone willing to give him more time as a "Moyes Fan" and willing to label others fake fans.

I am willing to give Moyes more time and don't consider myself a Moyes fan and fully understand people wanting him gone. I am certainlly not happy with the football we are playing under him.

Why am I willing to give him more time?

I still think he needs time to create his own team and less than one season is not enough to assess and address the squad he took over. He needs more time and I think the brand of football we play will improve if Moyes had time to get his team like he did at Everton. His estimation of what the squad could do based on them being champions and the extent of the overdue overhaul needed may have surprised him.

Saying that the football should have been better as our position should. Luck and injuries played a small part but the whole staff change and Moyes was the number one factor. In the long run a stable manager there for the long term would be my preference over cycling through the current flavor of the month manager every 2-3 years. Moyes may or may not be suitable for that job. He still has to prove himself.

I'm giving him one more season.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Some fan you are. I'm willing to give the man 3 seasons with no strings attached bar relegation. Only then will we truely know if he is the man for the job. I've no time for these fans who will only give him a mere 2 seasons to turn things around.

im all for giving moyes a chance, but after the summer if united are not in the top 4 next season at least he has to go

Macca07 wrote: »
    Just ignore him...

But then I'll be on my own... :(
    Leftist wrote: »

are you ok?

Not entirely. Everybody accepts that we are quite a bit off having a good squad. We lack first team players in many positions including across the defence and in central midfield. I don't think that sacking Moyes is the answer and the people who want Moyes sacked now are so short-sighted. Not only does it set a dangerous precedence for the next manager; we then also have to start scouting for players in the Summer all over again to meet the next managers demands. What I'm saying is: Let's see what Moyes does in the Summer. Let him start the next season and evaluate him from there.

Yes, I believe it's the fans duty to support the team. Sacking a manager mid season is pretty pointless. We're so far behind now that the best we can salvage is the Europa League which is a blow rather than a reward. I think the people who want Moyes out have the best interests of the club at heart but ultimately their interests are misguided, short-sighted and counter-productive.

On the whole issue of 'free and open debate'; I actually think the fans who are so opposed to Moyes are the ones whom are mocking and belittling their opposition.

If we were to sack the manager now then who would we get? Nobody. Who would be available in the Summer? van Gaal? van Gaal has a far better record than Moyes. But what happens if he, like at Barcelona and Bayern Munich, ultimately falls into difficulty. Do we sack him then too after 9 months in the job if he's not in the top four? I think van Gaal is miles off the clubs radar anyway. He's too old. We want to build another legacy. We would, again, be targeting another younger manager and who is that? Honestly, the only way we will sack Moyes at the end of the season is if somebody like Jurgen Klopp became available. I would be 100% behind that too as Jurgen Klopp is a manager who is a proven talent. But he isn't and probably won't be available.

I won't be supporting Moyes if he continues this form into next season but until then I will and so should everybody else because even if Klopp became available David Moyes will be given a chance and I think as long as Ferguson is a director he will probably oversee Moyes being in control of the team for at least two years.

keane2097 wrote: »
    People repeatedly missing this very obvious fact surprises me.

A lot of people are missing some very obvious facts including the one that Manchester United were playing some terrible football last year too.

Considering 'truely' isn't a word I'll take that as a compliment :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    Everybody accepts that we are quite a bit off having a good squad.

I don't accept that. I think that statement is bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    A lot of people are missing some very obvious facts including the one that Manchester United were playing some terrible football last year too.

Nowhere near as bad as the football this year.

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't accept that. I think that statement is bollocks.

I think we need 5-6 players. RB, 2 x CB, LB, 2 x CM. We may even need a striker depending on what happens with van Persie/Hernandez in the Summer. I think our depth off the bench is poor considering Valencia, Young, Cleverley etc. are all regularly used players on this team. I think the squad is in bad shape.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Nowhere near as bad as the football this year.

I'd ague that. I think the only major difference this year is that Carrick has taken a huge step backwards and RVP isn't nearly as effective. Both have been injured for various periods too.

Just for the record, United didn't pay his release fee as it would have been a lump sum for the player, not installments over 12-24 months. No club pays a lump sum for a player anymore. It was financially better to let his release fee expire, and pay the extra few million over the coming years.

And everyone needs Juan Mata, bar Mourinho.

Not saying that these are achievements, but just making a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    Considering 'truely' isn't a word I'll take that as a compliment :)

Would you not entertain the suggestion that a bad start to next season could be put down to squad turbulence, 5 or more players out same in again. Bound to lead to a bedding in period of poor results. Maybe 7th or so around Christmas. Also with the World Cup maybe our targets are not possible this season. Maybe more possible to sign these players in the Summer of 15/16. Only following that Summer of 2015 can we see how Moyes own squad performs. or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No

Bar relegation? Nonsense. Fergie got 26 years, Moyes deserves just as much time. We don't want to become a club like Everton or Arsenal who only keep their managers for a decade or so.

I think we need 5-6 players. RB, 2 x CB, LB, 2 x CM. We may even need a striker depending on what happens with van Persie/Hernandez in the Summer. I think our depth off the bench is poor considering Valencia, Young, Cleverley etc. are all regularly used players on this team. I think the squad is in bad shape.

I'd ague that. I think the only major difference this year is that Carrick has taken a huge step backwards and RVP isn't nearly as effective. Both have been injured for various periods too.

We were playing poor football, but we were winning, and competing, that has been the difference. 5-6 players are needed, but not first-team players. We need a first-team, LB, CB and CM. A back-up RB, CB, and CM are also needed. Of course there is the possibility that players might leave (RvP, Hernandez, Kagawa), and if so, these will need to be replaced. That should be enough, depending on no one else leaving (excluding Rio, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Anderson).

Would you not entertain the suggestion that a bad start to next season could be put down to squad turbulence, 5 or more players out same in again. Bound to lead to a bedding in period of poor results. Maybe 7th or so around Christmas. Also with the World Cup maybe our targets are not possible this season. Maybe more possible to sign these players in the Summer of 15/16. Only following that Summer of 2015 can we see how Moyes own squad performs. or something....

NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

Chagan wrote: »
    Bar relegation? Nonsense. Fergie got 26 years, Moyes deserves just as much time. We don't want to become a club like Everton or Arsenal who only keep their managers for a decade or so.

Fergie didn't get 26 years! He won things for most of those years! If moyes starts winning and does so consistently for the next 25 years I think we'd all gladly keep him there!

• Advertisement

Chagan wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROluailYvSA4x7IEYzE5c9dbf4I0aC2zhK6qKd_syGW2-ypUJRNg

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement