Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

No
    255 people think we should hang on to Moyes and not sack him?? Are these Liverpool fans???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

master-t wrote: »
    255 people think we should hang on to Moyes and not sack him?? Are these Liverpool fans???

The majority of them yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    master-t wrote: »

Around 80% I say would be none United fans.

Poll should be public imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

No
    Smegball wrote: »
    The majority of them yes.

They must be ABUs. There is not a chance the MUFC fan opinion is that close!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No

The poll is public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The poll was public at one point, strange decision to put it back private.

When it was open it looked like 80% of the no votes were ABUs, majority Livepool fans like you guessed

A true reflection is probably about 90% yes 10% no out of the United supporters, could be even less than 10 now as it was a few days ago

Double edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Red Crow wrote: »
    Just because we won the league last season doesn't mean we have a good squad this season .
    I would also agree with 99% of your assessment apart from Rafael. I think he had a good season last year but has had inconsistent performances this season which are largely down to a lack of getting a good run of games going.
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Carrick was wildly overrated for many seasons.
    Cleverley has been ridiculously scapegoated this season.
    Rafael was excellent last season.

Yes, those are all my opinions. I am indeed that guy.
    I'm feeling kinda dirty for saying this but I also agree with 90% of the above. I'm deducting the 10% Gay because while Cleverley has been ridiculously scapegoated this season, he's also good for nothing so he deserves it.

No
    The poll is public.

Its not. Names not shown. They were and it was changed.

For some reason..........

edit...im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Can we do a private United supporters only poll? or is such things possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

It's because there hasn't been a game in a long time. And from my experience, the longer the gap is between matches, the more positive/deluded people get. It's very frustrating.
    Personally speaking, my positivity will rise gradually over the coming days, reaching peak positivity at approximately 11.44am Saturday morning with a sharp decline expected at 11.46am when a slight depression will set in after I read the team news on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

No
    Its not. Names not shown. They were and it was changed.

For some reason..........

Just click on the number for yes or no and you'll see the names

No
    mewe wrote: »
    Just click on the number for yes or no and you'll see the names

ffs!!!

after all this time and I never knew that

oh dear.............:o

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Can we do a private United supporters only poll? or is such things possible?

How would you know that only United supporters are voting on it if it was private?

How would you know that only United supporters are voting on it if it was private?
    As in the people who post here in the United forum - names could be seen (who voted for what) within the group .... seems a bit technical though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

so it is public

On a quick count I can only find 17 United supporters in the no votes

No
    so it is public

On a quick count I can only find 17 United supporters in the no votes

I got about 18-19.

Say its around that.

No
    As in the people who post here in the United forum - names could be seen (who voted for what) within the group .... seems a bit technical though :pac:

When people talk about a whether a poll is private or public poll on here they mean whether or not you can see who voted what. As far as I know there is no way of restricting who votes in a poll.

When people talk about a whether a poll is private or public poll on here they mean whether or not you can see who voted what. As far as I know there is no way of restricting who votes in a poll.
    I thought you could become a member of a group - only let join by mods ... maybe i'm doting though :)

No
    Best way was most likely have one where you ask United fans and then seperate for Non United fans.

Problem Solvedooo

• Advertisement

Best way was most likely have one where you ask United fans and then seperate for Non United fans.

Problem Solvedooo
    I think that's the problem in itself - how to separate us (United/not United fans) out is the problem we are having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

No
    I think that's the problem in itself - how to separate us (United/not United fans) out is the problem we are having.

ha, he means four choices on the poll

Is this really a problem? what is the goal of this poll?

No

well most would abide im sure. Most Non United fans would not want to be classed as United fans I say;).

That way anyone in wrong category would have been small % anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    There'll always be some hilarious pranksters, non United fans who will find it side splittingly funny to vote on the United fan poll. Just for the lolz and stuff ya know.

well most would abide im sure. Most Non United fans would not want to be classed as United fans I say;).

That way anyone in wrong category would have been small % anyway
    Most are United fans deep down anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Create a poll on some site, password united4life :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    The solution is a United only forum, like what Spurs/Chelsea fans have.....

*runs away*

:o

The solution is a United only forum, like what Spurs/Chelsea fans have.....

*runs away*

:o
    Its nice to have contributions from those outside too though...

No

Agree hate to see it just United fan only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No

Really? sometimes I don't mind it but more often than not its someone in on the wind up, I think

No
    Really? sometimes I don't mind it but more often than not its someone in on the wind up, I think

Most of the lads who contribute in here are fine though. Some give very good opinions. Some of best posters here are Liverpool fans imo

Only a handful really that talk crap, but they are obvious ones.

• Advertisement

Aye, it could get very boring and repetitive too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No
    There'll always be some hilarious pranksters, non United fans who will find it side splittingly funny to vote on the United fan poll. Just for the lolz and stuff ya know.

So, if a non United fan votes yes or no it's biased. Seems confirmation bias toi me!

I voted only today actually, despite giving my opinion on here and another thread a few weeks ago, one that got deleted! It's a pity that a site that has so many footie fans of so many clubs and leagues gets so stereotyped.

The biggest fecking topic in English football can't get discussed in a single thead, gets deleted or binned, or at best, merged with the United superthread. FFS hodgson got discussed, yep there was trolling and WUM''s, but they get weeded out eventually.

This is largely a very good board. It's a public poll, it wont be too hard for somebody to quickly go through the votes for United fans and tot them up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Most of the lads who contribute in here are fine though. Some give very good opinions. Some of best posters here are Liverpool fans imo

Only a handful really that talk crap, but they are obvious ones.

it is good to discuss with all football fans. sure we all get worked up about issues at times but if we all agreed on everything it with be dull as paint drying. i go on here more than the official liverpool side because on there everyone pretty much agrees. its dull. on here you have some people who believe that suarez is an upstanding citizen and you have people who think rooney does a lot of great help around the city home in manchester. but thats the beauty. loads of people with opinions.

i get a bit of slack here lately for apparently winding people up. i give an opinion. not always a popular one but an honest opinion non the less. sometimes people agree sometimes they disagree. sometimes they often disagree and go on to try to make my point for me............ it can get as confusing as watching John Cena trying to be funny. but the one thing that is common is that when i give an opinion we have lots of people debating it and it doesnt matter who they support they give their feelings on the issue. thats a good thing. if everyone disagrees with me then maybe i change my view and learn something i didnt already know about a player or a club or an issue. afterall noone can claim to know everything about the world of football. we can know alot about certain topics but never everything.

so all im saying is boards is great because there is more opinions and thats cool

No
    K-9 wrote: »
    So, if a non United fan votes yes or no it's biased. Seems confirmation bias toi me!

I voted only today actually, despite giving my opinion on here and another thread a few weeks ago, one that got deleted! It's a pity that a site that has so many footie fans of so many clubs and leagues gets so stereotyped.

The biggest fecking topic in English football can't get discussed in a single thead, gets deleted or binned, or at best, merged with the United superthread. FFS hodgson got discussed, yep there was trolling and WUM''s, but they get weeded out eventually.

This is largely a very good board. It's a public poll, it wont be too hard for somebody to quickly go through the votes for United fans and tot them up.

That was very weird the way that happened. Deleting the original poll thread was a bizarre move by the mods.

No
    In fairness plenty of threads were about up to last week.

have they all been deleted?

No
    In fairness plenty of threads were about up to last week.

have they all been deleted?

Plenty of threads with polls about Moyes? Afaik there were two. The first and biggest was deleted, the second was merged with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

well there is no point in having a new thread everytime a player goes to the toilet or buys a new pair of shoes. the moyes debate probably does belong in here to be fair. if it wasnt then what would be discussed here??

No
    Plenty of threads with polls about Moyes? Afaik there were two. The first and biggest was deleted, the second was merged with this one.

Well in fairness 2 is plenty if looking for Polls.

There was at least 5 threads around relating to Moyes/United up to recently.

No
    Well in fairness 2 is plenty if looking for Polls.

There was at least 5 threads around relating to Moyes/United up to recently.

I don't remember there being 5 threads about Moyes. I do remember a large thread with a poll with choices for United fans and non-fans for keeping or firing Moyes. It was a big thread and as far as I can see it was deleted. That shouldn't have happened.

No
    I don't remember there being 5 threads about Moyes. I do remember a large thread with a poll with choices for United fans and non-fans for keeping or firing Moyes. It was a big thread and as far as I can see it was deleted. That shouldn't have happened.

Not sure if exact names but pretty close ones off top my head

Should David Moyes get the sack
    Are Moyes and United done
    Where will United finish this season

Even threads like Who will get CL football I remember was taken over by United/Moyes.

• Advertisement

No
    Not sure if exact names but pretty close ones off top my head

Should David Moyes get the sack
    Are Moyes and United done
    Where will United finish this season

Even threads like Who will get CL football I remember was taken over by United/Moyes.

The two "Are Moyes and United Done?" threads were closed and the OP got a red card. The fact that the discussion about Moyes spilled into the thread about predicting the top four is hardly a reason to go deleting entire threads.

No
    I never said it was. Few threads need not have been deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    K-9 wrote: »

Emmm.. I was referring to a United fan only poll.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ladies and gentlemen, please do not discuss moderation on thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    But has there been a "Are moyes and united finished?" Thread yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No
    I'm going to light a candle every morning and pray moyes is sacked and ferguson retires absolutely from any role in the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dfx- wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen, please do not discuss moderation on thread.

Why not? Genuinely interested why this is s no go area ?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I would say that well over 50% of the 'No' votes are from opposition fans, and I am being very conservative with that percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    I would say that well over 50% of the 'No' votes are from opposition fans, and I am being very conservative with that percentage.

i should hope so.

i know when there were similar votes for hodgson or kenny at liverpool i was voting for him to stay and laughing my arse off at the condition they were in.

i don't blame abus for it at all, i do blame united fans who are following some icon worship of ferguson instead of seeing the reality of this disgrace in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Leftist wrote: »
    i should hope so.

i know when there were similar votes for hodgson or kenny at liverpool i was voting for him to stay and laughing my arse off at the condition they were in.

i don't blame abus for it at all, i do blame united fans who are following some icon worship of ferguson instead of seeing the reality of this disgrace in charge.

The reality is that on the pitch yeah it's disgraceful. But I blame that more on Fergie. He moulded a squad over the last few seasons that just about got by. Last season was the icing on the cake with so many late Van Persie goals saving the team with 1 goal wins. This season the late surge hasn't been there and while Moyes has to shoulder blame for his team selections the players hewas left with are 1 season on and that bit less motivated seemingly. Signing Fellaini and Mata will benefit the team for 5-6 seasons, signing Rooney and Januzaj to contracts will too, Rooney less so for the long term. If Nani has indeed just been injured all this time then if he stays its another positive. The noises are that the players coming in are going to be pretty good so that's further positves. Moyes can't have known from 1 preseason that so many would be this bad. He deserves a chance for the clearout and not to be stuck with the likes of Evra, Valencia and Young. If in late August-September they're still starting then fine, I'll be the first to turn but with all the scouting work being put in and noises out of the club I don't believe that will be the case. So blame me all you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement