Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

No
    Why is Januzaj continually being put in peoples dream line ups?

Cause hes sensational......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

bangkok wrote: »
    your not serious are you?? aguero and yaya are world class...would love them both in the united team. Aguero probably my favourite non man utd player in the prem league

Top 15? Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Top 15? Maybe.

top 15 in the world?? aguero probably top 5 strikers in world football.... I don't include Ronaldo or messi as strikers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Aguero is probably the most lethal finisher in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not in the Luis Figo category though are they.

No...because they're not wingers. Aguero is one of the 3 best strikers in the world, and Toure is probably top 5 CMs.

Aguero is probably the most lethal finisher in the world.

your not including Ronaldo or messi though are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No
    Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Not dream more realistic

De Gea
    Raf Vertonghen Jones Shaw
    Nani Carrick/Fellaini Kroos Jan
    Mata
    RVP

Manager Carlo Ancellotti

:D

has moyes been sacked yet btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Realistic not dream. Probably on potential. He has to get game time to progress to where he can get to.

wheres rooney?? :eek::eek::eek:

Sub

Mata a better 10. RVP a better 11. Simples.

• Advertisement

Leftist wrote: »

has moyes been sacked yet btw?

We could get Kroos if we throw enough money at him.

Carlo would be a good call if Real stay true to form and sack their manager having not won the league or CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    Sub

RVP on the wing? Crazy mofo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No
    Sub

Think you mean number 9.

No
    your not including Ronaldo or messi though are you?

I am, hes a more natural finisher than both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Hernandez might be set for spell on sidelines. Picked up knee injury in Mexico game.

Might hear bit more later.

No
    Hernandez might be set for spell on sidelines. .

Well, yeah - all season!

• Advertisement

No
    Well, yeah - all season!

well you know what I mean

No
    Option 1 - RVP with Rooney off him.
    Option 2 - Rooney with Mata off him.

Which would you go for next season, if it was a straight choice between the two?

I am, hes a more natural finisher than both of them.

haha that is quote of the century..... Aguero is a more natural finisher than both messi and Ronaldo...my god

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Which would you go for next season, if it was a straight choice between the two?

Option 1, Rooney, Kagawa/Januzaj, Mata playing behind RVP with strong midfield to build on. All 3 players playing without fixed position and very good full backs to provide the width.

That's at least dream scenario for me as RVP, Rooney, Mata are all class and we have to find a way to fit them in. If needed we can even try different tactics like one City plays. 4-2-2-2.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Think you mean number 9.

Yeah I did. D'oh!

You get my drift though. RVP up top.

• Advertisement

Option two. Don't like Rooney at ten. Needs to be up top or on the bench or rotated. Option two has both players in their best position, option one has only RVP in his best position

No
    haha that is quote of the century..... Aguero is a more natural finisher than both messi and Ronaldo...my god

If it was anyone else but you I would be offended but no its you, Aguero is a striker by Nature, Ronaldo is a converted Winger and Messi is not a out and out Striker, put Aguero in Spain with Barca or Real and he would get just as many as them 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No

Cause he's a total dreamboat.

And not to mention the second coming of Jesus Christ and saviour of Manchester United.

If it was anyone else but you I would be offended but no its you, Aguero is a striker by Nature, Ronaldo is a converted Winger and Messi is not a out and out Striker, put Aguero in Spain with Barca or Real and he would get just as many as them 2.

doesn't matter what Ronaldo is...he and messi are probably the most lethal finishers the game has ever seen and yet you think aguero is a better finisher....:eek::eek::eek:

No
    doesn't matter what Ronaldo is...he and messi are probably the most lethal finishers the game has ever seen and yet you think aguero is a better finisher....:eek::eek::eek:

Yeh I do, Messi and Ronaldo would be better all round players, are you seriously saying because they have won all the awards that they finish better, is that what you are basing it on?

Ah well Messi has won more awards than Ronaldo, he's better at heading the ball so.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭bren2001

Yeh I do, Messi and Ronaldo would be better all round players, are you seriously saying because they have won all the awards that they finish better, is that what you are basing it on?

Ah well Messi has won more awards than Ronaldo, he's better at heading the ball so.......

I'm going to assume it is based on the fact that Messi has scored 340 goals in 409 appearances for Barca and Ronaldo 233 in 238 for Madrid.

bren2001 wrote: »
    I'm going to assume it is based on the fact that Messi has scored 340 goals in 409 appearances for Barca and Ronaldo 233 in 238 for Madrid.

Ronaldo actually has more goals than games for Madrid.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No

The goal tallies of Ronaldo and Messi are unprecedented, you simply cannot baldly claim that another player would match those totals. Stop being foolish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Has the big captaincy discussion already happened then?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Jayop wrote: »
    Has the big captaincy discussion already happened then?

surely Vidic gets stripped of it immediately?

that should be the first discussion imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Agueroooo wrote: »

Was saying elsewhere that the position now must be untenable for him to keep it. I'm sure given his character that he'll give his all for the remainder of his contract but what sort of message would it send out about the club to have our captain signed elsewhere?

No
    Agueroooo wrote: »

He wasn't stripped of it when it was announced he was leaving - it was actually stated he would remain captain to the end of the season - so I don't see why him actually signing a contract with Inter would make a difference here, whether it should or not.

Personally I wouldn't play him or Rio unless required due to fitness/injury. Not out of spite - but simply because I feel we should be giving Evans, Smalling and Jones some of the remaining games to state their case for being 1st choice next season, and not at full back. We will have to buy in the summer, but who/how much could depend on how capable the 3 remaining center backs look when actually allowed a run of games at CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

This post makes exactly 0 sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Messi is very messi. EOM.

No
    no messi and Ronaldo score or hit the target every chance they get.... Ronaldo is widely regarded as the greatest goalscorer of all time!! I cant believe im even having this conversation

Prove that please

No
    The goal tallies of Ronaldo and Messi are unprecedented, you simply cannot baldly claim that another player would match those totals. Stop being foolish.

Great tallies for great teams against weaker opposition, do you really think Ronaldo would score as many as he has for Real if he stayed at United? No he wouldnt but he would still have a unreal record just not as high.
    This post makes exactly 0 sense.

Please explain why?

Great tallies for great teams against weaker opposition, do you really think Ronaldo would score as many as he has for Real if he stayed at United? No he wouldnt but he would still have a unreal record just not as high.

Please explain why?

he scores in all the big games!! champions league top scorer again this season... and he scored 42 at united and he was still improving!!

ive seen some good posts here but to say aguero is a better finisher than Ronaldo or messi tops the lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Considering Ronaldo scored 31 in one of his premier league seasons before his peak it's possible he could match his 40 goal seasons in Spain in the Premier League now

• Advertisement

and Ronaldo just became the portuguese record scorer last night

No
    he scores in all the big games!! champions league top scorer again this season... and he scored 42 at united and he was still improving!!

So Larsson would have scored 50 a season in the prem?

And wheres this stat that says Messi and Ronaldo score or hit the target EVERY time, jesus you slag my post after another bangkok humdinger :eek:

more often than not they hit the target...... 2 of the greatest goalscorers EVER to grace the game and you think Aguero is a better finisher?? mind boggling. I shall have no further comment on this..

No
    more often than not they hit the target...... 2 of the greatest goalscorers EVER to grace the game and you think Aguero is a better finisher?? mind boggling. I shall have no further comment on this..

More often than not is not every time, if you want to debate here dont throw statements you cant back up, at least mine has a tiny bit of validity.

A player can be a better finisher/passer/tackler, just because they dont have as many goals, assists etc does not mean he is simply worse, Real and Barca are much better teams than City and play against easier teams, like I said Messi and Ronaldo are better players but I think Aguero is the most natural finisher in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No
    Moyes with a PR stunt apparently sent to season ticket holders.

BiDltZnIAAAN1Gg_zpsa1c12347.jpg

No
    Blatter wrote: »
    Moyes with a PR stunt apparently sent to season ticket holders.

BiDltZnIAAAN1Gg_zpsa1c12347.jpg

Can we send one back? :pac:

• Advertisement

No
    I nearly did

eQIyH.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    I nearly did

eQIyH.gif

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No

1 Players complementing other players' ability is less than worthless as evidence of quality.

2 Maybe Wenger believes what he is saying there. If he does truly believe that Carrick is/was the best player in the league, or the best DCM, or perfectly suited to playing with Barca, then I disagree with him.

Looking at stats on pass accuracy, pass direction, number of tackles, etc is not going to give you enough information on a player to make statements like "he could play for Barca".
    Also he was the best forward passer in Europe very recently. Some people on here are genuinely clueless.

BIKTf2GCcAAMIGW.png

As was pointed out when those stats came up last year, the fact that 3 centre-backs appear in that top 10, with Dante in 4th, gives an indication of why numbers of forward passes are not that useful a measure of a CM's ability.

The deeper a CM drops to escape pressing the easier it is to make forward passes, but the less they are helping their team by taking opposition markers out of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Anyone think we could dislodge Varane from Madrid with a decent bid (20-25m)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    ive seen some good posts here but to say aguero is a better finisher than Ronaldo or messi tops the lot

Nothing better than Reus in CM imo. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement