Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    Anyone think we could dislodge Varane from Madrid with a decent bid (20-25m)?

Can he play RB and CM :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Can he play RB and CM :pac:

He's not Reus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Anyone think we could dislodge Varane from Madrid with a decent bid (20-25m)?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

No
    Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Not dream more realistic

De Gea
    Raf Vertonghen Jones Shaw
    Nani Carrick/Fellaini Kroos Jan
    Mata
    RVP

Manager Carlo Ancellotti

Nani, would you go way would you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Nani, woujya gewaaaay wouja

fixed that for you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    I read that as "please don't turn on me too season ticket holders, ye are all I have left..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Game this weekend has me as excited as watching paint dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Our player of the month had this to say about March
    A thrilling month is starting with five Premier League games against important rivals such as Liverpool and Manchester City. We do know it is a crucial month to climb up positions on the league table and we are going to give our best to try and win every single match.

Not thrilling for fans, after watching the game against the Greeks we could be going down the table rather than up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Game this weekend has me as excited as watching paint dry.
    Kew at the weekend - you look mightily excited... :)

article-1326118264219-0F63DCCF00000578-568349_636x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Nani, would you go way would you

Fit and with a run of games under his belt he's the best we have out right. My thinking is three new first team players this transfer window is enough with maybe two covering players at midfield and right back. Right wing we've enough cover for with Valencia and Young too. Not saying they are perfect but you're never going to have the perfect squad. I'd give Nani another season and then go back to the market if he didn't live up to expectations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    Great tallies for great teams against weaker opposition, do you really think Ronaldo would score as many as he has for Real if he stayed at United?
    The same Ronaldo that scored 42 goals in 46 games for United when he was only 22?

That Ronaldo?

No
    The same Ronaldo that scored 42 goals in 46 games for United when he was only 22?

That Ronaldo?

And scored a bit less the season after? He would never get the 50-60 mark in England like he does in spain.

He has scored more goals than games at Real, would he have done that in England answer that.

No
    And scored a bit less the season after? He would never get the 50-60 mark in England like he does in spain.

And you think Aguero would hit 50-60 per season in Spain?

No
    He has scored more goals than games at Real, would he have done that in England answer that.

Ronaldo scored 42 in 46 long before he reached his peak. Simple logic would suggest that yes, if he were still in England and at his peak he would have increased that scoring rate even further.

Seriously, if you think the only reason that Messi and Ronaldo have the scoring records they do is that they are in an easy league then there is no point in continuing this conversation.

No
    Ronaldo scored 42 in 46 long before he reached his peak. Simple logic would suggest that yes, if he were still in England and at his peak he would have increased that scoring rate even further.

Seriously, if you think the only reason that Messi and Ronaldo have the scoring records they do is that they are in an easy league then there is no point in continuing this conversation.

The next season he scored less so by that logic he wouldnt, I love how everyone here doesnt want to keep up the debate......

All I said was Aguero is a more natural finisher, Ronny and Messi are better players! Aguero has a better goal per games ratio than Messi for Argentina what about that? He also has a better goals per game ratio in England than Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

No
    The next season he scored less so by that logic he wouldnt, I love how everyone here doesnt want to keep up the debate......

All I said was Aguero is a more natural finisher, Ronny and Messi are better players! Aguero has a better goal per games ratio than Messi for Argentina what about that? He also has a better goals per game ratio in England than Ronaldo.

I suppose Aguero came to England as a raw 18 year old like Ronaldo ya...

No
    TheTownie wrote: »
    I suppose Aguero came to England as an raw 18 year old like Ronaldo ya...

I accept that, he also adapted very well to the league and if not injured would rival Suarez for goals this year, he scores unreal goals is a beast of a poacher, I wonder if he wasnt at City would we see all the butthurt about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I accept that, he also adapted very well to the league and if not injured would rival Suarez for goals this year, he scores unreal goals is a beast of a poacher, I wonder if he wasnt at City would we see all the butthurt about him.

Nobody is butthurt, you are just making a nonsensical claim and being called on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Blatter wrote: »
    Moyes with a PR stunt apparently sent to season ticket holders.

BiDltZnIAAAN1Gg_zpsa1c12347.jpg

:pac: I had to double check ... I thought I was still in the Humour thread

• Advertisement

No
    Nobody is butthurt, you are just making a nonsensical claim and being called on it.

In your opinion.

In your opinion.

In everyone's opinion but yours.

Aguero a better finisher, than probably the two most lethal finishers of ALL TIME, Ronaldo and Messi.

Pure nonsense.

No
    In everyone's opinion but yours.

Aguero a better finisher, than probably the two most lethal finishers of ALL TIME, Ronaldo and Messi.

Pure nonsense.

Everyone? Are you bangkok in disguise? Ive had 3 maybe 4 people argue with me over it, I got enough thanks when I said he was the most lethal striker in the world to show that no its not everyone.....but you keep thinking it is ;) Like I said hes lethal plays in a harder league with better defences and in previous seasons didnt have the best players in the world behind him.

Everyone? Are you bangkok in disguise? Ive had 3 maybe 4 people argue with me over it, I got enough thanks when I said he was the most lethal striker in the world to that no its not everyone.....but you keep thinking it is ;) Like I said hes lethal plays in a harder league with better defences and in previous seasons didnt have the best players in the world behind him.

You are making Bangkok look sane with this tripe.

He is not a better finisher than Ronaldo or Messi, utter nonsense.

Counting your thanks? **** off to Facebook and count your likes too while your at it.

No

Ok then. What ever you say. Christiano Ronaldo at his peak would have scored less than he did as a 22 year old. One of the two greatest players ever would not have scored as many goals if he had stayed in England, even though he had already demonstrated that even as a kid he could destroy the Premier league. :pac:

There is no debate here, just one loon spouting rubbish.

No
    You are making Bangkok look sane with this tripe.

He is not a better finisher than Ronaldo or Messi, utter nonsense.

Counting your thanks? **** off to Facebook and count your likes too while your at it.

8 people agreed with me is all im saying, you said EVERYONE disagreed with me im proving you wrong :)

• Advertisement

No
    I got enough thanks when I said

Are you 12 years old?

No
    Ok then. What ever you say. Christiano Ronaldo at his peak would have scored less than he did as a 22 year old. One of the two greatest players ever would not have scored as many goals if he had stayed in England, even though he had already demonstrated that even as a kid he could destroy the Premier league. :pac:

22 scores 40 odd 23 scores less? Amazing that, he would score 30-40 a year just not the 50-60 in spain.

No
    Are you 12 years old?

No im not bangkok, thanks on boards is a good way showing people agree with you, as I thank rather than post agreed.

No
    22 scores 40 odd 23 scores less? Amazing that, he would score 30-40 a year just not the 50-60 in spain.

No, no, you have to be consistent. If you are pushing the "scored less at 23" thing then you have to say he would only have scored 20 at age 24, and 15 at 25.

Thats your logic by the way, not mine.

No
    No im not bangkok, thanks on boards is a good way showing people agree with you, as I thank rather than post agreed.

Thanks on message boards are totally irrelevant to anybody over the age of 12. No adult even looks at them never mind counts them.

• Advertisement

No
    No, no, you have to be consistent. If you are pushing the "scored less at 23" thing then you have to say he would only have scored 20 at age 24, and 15 at 25.

Thats your logic by the way, not mine.

No no as you say, you claim he would have gotten better due to scoring 42 at 22 I just pointed out he scored less a year later,ok so we're goals ratio Aguero has a better goals/game ratio than Messi for Argentina how about that?

No
    Thanks on message boards are totally irrelevant to anybody over the age of 12. No adult even looks at them never mind counts them.

You keep talking about 12 year olds online......

No
    You keep talking about 12 year olds online......

:rolleyes:

No
    :rolleyes:

You move away from a debate with pointless age ****e ill do the same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

No
    Getting back to MUFC........... really need a win on Sat, hopefully Moyes puts out a strong team....... could do with a decent win to help confidence.

No
    secman wrote: »
    Getting back to MUFC........... really need a win on Sat, hopefully Moyes puts out a strong team....... could do with a decent win to help confidence.

Mata to score :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mata won our player of the month

No

Just seen he got player of the month :)

Edit Paul Got there before me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

No

oh I forgot United were playing this weekend!
    I heard that chelsea were the only team in the big four to play
    and you know, I just forgot...you know... sorry :(

No
    oh I forgot United were playing this weekend!
    I heard that chelsea were the only team in the big four to play
    and you know, I just forgot...you know... sorry :(

I guess you could say......next year is our year :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Some boy, getting POTM in his first month :D

No
    You move away from a debate with pointless age ****e ill do the same :)

No
    Mata won our player of the month

I guess somebody has to get it, but he certainly hasn't been anything special so far. Speaks volumes about our season that there was nobody better.

Was Mata man of the match in any of the games played?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    he was not even that great, just shown flashes of brilliance.

No

Fair enough lets just agree to disagree yeh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    Does anyone else think we would be better off selling Van Persie in the summer?

I know he's fantastic but we have to play Rooney, Kagawa and Mata out of position to accommodate him. The problem is if/when Rooney get's injured we're stuck with Welbeck or Hernandez up front but if we had a fantastic attacking 3 behind it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

secman wrote: »

We're 6th in the league if Moyes plays anything other than his strongest team he's a dead man walking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

BloodBath wrote: »

I know he's fantastic but we have to play Rooney, Kagawa and Mata out of position to accommodate him. The problem is if/when Rooney get's injured we're stuck with Welbeck or Hernandez up front but if we had a fantastic attacking 3 behind it shouldn't be a problem.

Sell RVP to accomodate Kagawa? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    he was not even that great, just shown flashes of brilliance.

With the way the season is going flashes is all that is needed :)

• Advertisement

No
    BloodBath wrote: »

If Moyes is there he's gone, cant see him wating to stay with our rigid Moyes game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement