Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    I have accepted the idea that Moyes will be our manager next season.

Cant wait!! really I cant..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No

If he signs the players he reallyyyyyyy wants we may see a different layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No
    Sell RVP to accomodate Kagawa? :eek:

Not just Kagawa, Rooney and Mata as well. Rooney is a decent number 10 but in fairness there are probably a couple of people on the team who are better at it than him. Rooney I'd argue is just as good as VP as a CF and is definitely better as a CF than he is as a number 10.

If we had 5-6 good options for the attacking trio behind we'd be sorted.

At the moment we have Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj who can play behind. Nani too if he stays and finds form. Lingard could come back as a squad player and we could buy 1 more. Someone like Reus.

I know CM and defence are the main concerns but there would be no harm sorting out the front options as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

BloodBath wrote: »
    Does anyone else think we would be better off selling Van Persie in the summer?

I know he's fantastic but we have to play Rooney, Kagawa and Mata out of position to accommodate him. The problem is if/when Rooney get's injured we're stuck with Welbeck or Hernandez up front but if we had a fantastic attacking 3 behind it shouldn't be a problem.

As mad as it may sound to some, RVP with Rooney in behind is not as good as RVP/Rooney with Kagawa in behind.

For Rooney to get 300k a week he must be going back into his best position next season, which would mean RVP going.

I love RVP, he has served his purpose, carried us to a league title last season, instant legend, I can understand his reported reasons of wanting to leave.

It will benefit the team if Kagawa goes into his natural position behind the striker.

No
    What youths do you reckon will step up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No

If we lose to Liverpool and City, and get dumped out of the CL by Olympiakos, I really think the pressure will be too much and the Glazers will sack him.

Which is pretty bloody likely in fairness. If he survives this month, he'll get till next Xmas.

City and Liverpool games... fun times ahead

Draws are useless to us now, if Moyes still sets up like he has against the top teams this season despite our dreadful record he's a goner because we'll lose both, if he sets out to win the games and loses at least it will show a bit of fight in him and we'll drastically improve our chance of winning if the shackles are off also.

We've nothing to lose now so going out with the mentality of winning all of our remaining games, win or bust, even though the chances are virtually zero, should be the only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mata won our player of the month

It needs to be renamed 'Slightly less shit player of the month'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    We're playing at the weekend? Fúck sake.

Can't United just disappear until August and come back with a new manager and half a dozen new midfielders?

No
    J. Marston wrote: »
    We're playing at the weekend? Fúck sake.

Can't United just disappear until August and come back with a new manager and half a dozen new midfielders?

No just defenders :D

• Advertisement

No
    Sam Byrne got 2 goals today for u19 against Romania

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

We're 6th in the league if Moyes plays anything other than his strongest team he's a dead man walking

Think you should check the table again :o ...but i agree,a win is a must for ye..it will make the united-pool game very interesting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Honestly don't think he will go pre-summer. Reckon a 6 year contract would include an end of season review hitch would let em sack him if he failed to meet certain expectations (and so far, he has failed in every competition he has been in). So won't get carried away if he doesn't get sacked before the end of the season.

Do think he will "step down for personal reasons" at the end of the season though (read: sacked, but will be let save some face...).

Think you should check the table again :o ...but i agree,a win is a must for ye..it will make the united-pool game very interesting

Forgot Everton played, my bad

No
    If city or Arsenal win the fa cup Europa spots will be given right up to 7th place. Looks like we're going to be there regardless.

The europa winners will be given a champions league spot from 2016 onwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

No
    Not just Kagawa, Rooney and Mata as well. .

At the moment we have Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj who can play behind.

Mata and januzaj are wingers, kagawa is the only CM there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If city or Arsenal win the fa cup Europa spots will be given right up to 7th place. Looks like we're going to be there regardless.

Won't need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    RVP is off in the summer if Moyes is still there imo, chemistry isn't right between him and the club lately

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

No
    nuxxx wrote: »
    RVP is off in the summer if Moyes is still there imo, chemistry isn't right between him and the club lately

chemistry isn't right with moyes and the whole team if you ask me

No
    sea_monkey wrote: »
    Mata and januzaj are wingers, kagawa is the only CM there

Mata can play wide but he certainly isn't a winger. He always cuts inside and hangs around centrally rather than run at the opposition and throw a cross in from out wide.

I'd say Mata's best position is number 10. He's as much a natural winger as Rooney is a number 10.

Januzaj prefers the number 10 role but doesn't mind playing wide and is a pretty good winger.

Kagawa's favoured position would also be the number 10 as well but again left or central in that trio of attackers would suit him.

They would all be interchangeable and could play dynamically.

A switch to a more central minded 4-2-3-1 would suit all of them regardless of which position they are in it.

• Advertisement

Seems to be picking up in the news that Song might be leaving Barca.

Haven't seen 90 minutes of him since Arsenal days I think

Mata has played the majority of his career out wide. Not sure where the idea has come from that he is wasted out there. Is Silva wasted out there for City? Hazard for Chelsea? Cazorla at Arsenal? It's not like Kagawa who played pretty much his whole club career as the 10 and asked to move out, though I think in the 3 aforementioned systems he would flourish out wide too. Until the system changes none of these type of players can do well at United while this whole wide players constantly tracking back mentality from the time Fergie was there remains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Sam Byrne got 2 goals today for u19 against Romania

I'm surprised you're not blaming Moyes that he didn't get a third!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Red Crow wrote: »

Or a fourth!

Snix

No
    Red Crow wrote: »

What the **** is this ****???

Could not wait to have a snipe? Feeling obsessed? Maybe little horny?

Whatever the **** it is stop!

Now where were we.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just to be clear. The winners of the Europa league next season (14/15) i.e. the final in May 2015, will be awarded a spot in the Champions League for the 15/16 season.

Incase there's confusion about 2016.

No
    What the **** is this ****???

Could not wait to have a snipe? Feeling obsessed? Maybe little horny?

Whatever the **** it is stop!

Now where were we.....

Lol

Haha

Yeah reply yeah

No
    Trilla wrote: »
    Lol

Haha

Yeah reply yeah

Youre excited tonight ;-}

No
    Liam O wrote: »
    Mata has played the majority of his career out wide. Not sure where the idea has come from that he is wasted out there. Is Silva wasted out there for City? Hazard for Chelsea? Cazorla at Arsenal? It's not like Kagawa who played pretty much his whole club career as the 10 and asked to move out, though I think in the 3 aforementioned systems he would flourish out wide too. Until the system changes none of these type of players can do well at United while this whole wide players constantly tracking back mentality from the time Fergie was there remains.

Just because he plays there often does not mean it's his best or favourite position. Rooney plays mainly in the number 10 but that's not his favourite or best position either. Why the hell do we insist on playing half the team out of position?

From your list of players only Hazard is a natural winger. It's his favourite and best position. He's a natural winger who runs at and beats players and delivers good crosses and generally stays wide.

There's a big difference between a winger and a wide or central attacking midfielder.

• Advertisement

No
    It's pretty obvious he's not an out and out winger. His style suits the number 10 role perfectly.

When he plays he drifts into that area more than anywhere else. It's his favourite position and the one he does best in.

It's great having him come central with smalling being our only option on the right. That's a much better way to play right?

-edit- good ninja delete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Doesn't seem like the letter has been posted yet. No big deal if it has, although I'm sure some folk will be enraged! :pac:

BiEo8IeCMAAHk5y.jpg:large

No
    Doesn't seem like the letter has been posted yet. No big deal if it has, although I'm sure some folk will be enraged! :pac:

BiEo8IeCMAAHk5y.jpg:large

It was

You might be asked how old you are, your IQ, your capability read and even if you're horny tonight as a result of posting it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No
    HOW HORNY IS YOUR IQ!!!1111!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

It was

You might be asked how old you are, your IQ, your capability read and even if you're horny tonight as a result of posting it again

What's the treatment for quoting a re-post!? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Words of a failing manager knowing his head is on the chopping board.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Words of a failing manager knowing his head is on the chopping board.

How dare a manager ask for faith and support from the supporters? He made no excuses and was very straightforward. Not sure why you're so bitter about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

No
    Just because he plays there often does not mean it's his best or favourite position. Rooney plays mainly in the number 10 but that's not his favourite or best position either. Why the hell do we insist on playing half the team out of position?

From your list of players only Hazard is a natural winger. It's his favourite and best position. He's a natural winger who runs at and beats players and delivers good crosses and generally stays wide.

There's a big difference between a winger and a wide or central attacking midfielder.

Hazard favoruite position is in the middle,
    He played there at lille
    He plays there often enough for Chelsea but Oscar is first choice there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    How dare a manager ask for faith and support from the supporters? He made no excuses and was very straightforward. Not sure why you're so bitter about it.

I wouldn't say he's bitter, just angry that the man is still in a position to be able to make such a statement.

The more I look back on the facts of this season the more I believe that you must be thick if you believe that moyes deserves to still have a job at old Trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    No no as you say, you claim he would have gotten better due to scoring 42 at 22 I just pointed out he scored less a year later,ok so we're goals ratio Aguero has a better goals/game ratio than Messi for Argentina how about that?

In all fairness if he wasn't sulking about us rejecting Madrid the first time round he would have banged in another 40+ in his last season.

No

He makes no excuses, but neither does he acknowledge what's wrong or even really address what he'll do to fix anything. Saying we need to turn OT back into a fortress goes without saying, and saying "Everything will be ok" without explaining how just comes across a bit desperate.

I feel that letter comes from a man who knows he's losing support in every direction and is trying to pander to the "hardcore" fan because he knows once he loses them, it's Game Over. Also, it feels like a man who has been told "It's one thing to lose, but if we start losing money from ticket sales, then we're in big trouble" too.

For me, it's a case of stop trying to say everything will be ok and start trying to PROVE everything will be ok.

• Advertisement

No

I want him gone, I personally don't think he's the guy to turn us around but I 100% agree with your post.

No
    For me, it's a case of stop trying to say everything will be ok and start trying to PROVE everything will be ok.

Which I suppose is what this summer and next season will largely be about as he's seen what him and his staff can't (for whatevever reason) get from the current bunch.

I just don't think he's good enough, but if we were 5 points better off and playing better stuff I'd take 5th or 6th this season and give him a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

aguero last season.... 40 games 17 goals.... I think Ronaldo and messi hit nearly 60 each!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I just don't think he's good enough, but if we were 5 points better off and playing better stuff I'd take 5th or 6th this season and give him a chance.

This is the biggest thing about this season if we were playing good football i wouldnt care too much about our position in the table considering that the 4th place team this year has a decent shot at winning the league with 10/11 games left id count it as an unusual season

But ive never seen the team look so poor. Moyes (and the players to a lesser extent) has to take the blame.

No
    bangkok wrote: »
    aguero last season.... 40 games 17 goals.... I think Ronaldo and messi hit nearly 60 each!!

This is the very last ill engage you on this in a injury hit season this year aguero has..............25 games 26 goals.

By that logic Carrick is the best CM in the world due to having the most passes etc Damn was hoping Reus would :(

And ill ask one very final time what do you make of Aguero having a better international record than Messi in relation to goals per games?

No
    Which I suppose is what this summer and next season will largely be about as he's seen what him and his staff can't (for whatevever reason) get from the current bunch.

I'd be willing to give him a third transfer window if I saw any signs or attempts at transitioning to a better style of football over the last few months. Instead, I feel Moyes has been taking the team down a defensive hole of misery. I have zero reason to believe that Moyes won't be attempting to get rid of the wrong players this summer (RVP, Kagawa, Hernandez) and keeping the right ones he keeps giving games to (Cleverly, Valencia), and won't look to make a more defensive minded team; a team that will make things "as hard as possible" for the other team to play against.

This is the very last ill engage you on this in a injury hit season this year aguero has..............25 games 26 goals.

By that logic Carrick is the best CM in the world due to having the most passes etc Damn was hoping Reus would :(

And ill ask one very final time what do you make of Aguero having a better international record than Messi in relation to goals per games?

no its ok.....you said Sergio Aguero is the most natural finisher in the world ahead of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo!!!!!!!!!!!

and peter crouch has a better goals to game ratio than both messi and aguero at international level so by your logic he is a better finisher?! :pac:

No
    no its ok.....you said Sergio Aguero is the most natural finisher in the world ahead of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaand there we have it the the dodge!

Well im done with this at least Bucketybuck had a good arguement! It really shows how you are thought of in here when myself and buckety both insulted each other by saying are you bangkok :p

Well anyway I wont be pilling this thread with arguements all day......

No
    and peter crouch has a better goals to game ratio than both messi and aguero at international level so by your logic he is a better finisher?! :pac:

No I was talking about Argentina where Messi and Aguero both play up front, again with the ****e from bangkok, good luck ye clown.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement