Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

yea id love to see a vote to see how many agree with you over aguero!!! and just shows how little you know about football... messi only recently played up front for argentina...before than was always tevez and higuain

No I was talking about Argentina where Messi and Aguero both play up front, again with the ****e from bangkok, good luck ye clown.

do you mind me asking how old you are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Ignoring the circus.....

Match tomorrow lads, line ups and score predictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bangkok wrote: »
    do you mind me asking how old you are?

Mod Post: Would advise you to stop fishing. Continue and you might not like what decides to take a bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No
    no its ok.....you said Sergio Aguero is the most natural finisher in the world ahead of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo!!!!!!!!!!!
    and peter crouch has a better goals to game ratio than both messi and aguero at international level so by your logic he is a better finisher?! :pac:
    No I was talking about Argentina where Messi and Aguero both play up front, again with the ****e from bangkok, good luck ye clown.

Can ye ALL get back on topic please?

Its to eaerly in the weekend to be dishing out cards/bans.

Thanks.

sorry lads....anyway off to the hawthorns tomorrow, lots of players hopefully licking wounds after the olympiacos game, good performance needed and I think they will produce. 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Ignoring the circus.....

Match tomorrow lads, line ups and score predictions?

I think we will win by odd goal

Fellaini to start

Hard to know what moyes is thinking selection wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    Jaysus bangkok do you always have to be in the middle of it ffs...

On topic if united see themselves allowing moyes turn our team into a tough team to beat they can piss off back to the nfl and invest there...

This is manchester united we are flair abd speed not grunt and steel

No
    I think we will win by odd goal

Fellaini to start

Hard to know what moyes is thinking selection wise

Any injuries? Jaysus im so out of the loop lately :(

• Advertisement

No

Bar Chico knee during week dont think anything new.

Jaysus bangkok do you always have to be in the middle of it ffs...

On topic if united see themselves allowing moyes turn our team into a tough team to beat they can piss off back to the nfl and invest there...

This is manchester united we are flair abd speed not grunt and steel

even you will agree with me over aguero<messi/Ronaldo..... good win for united tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

We on BT again tomorrow...jaysus if there is one positive out of getting into the Europa league it might be that we'll be playing on Sundays and be on Sky....I don't have BT, the fecking TV bill is high enough

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    West Brom's form is dreadful at the moment, with 0 wins, 2 losses and 4 draws in the last six games. Ours is 2 wins, 2 losses, 2 draws.

We SHOULD win, but then we should be doing a lot this season. Reckon a draw is most likely outcome.

No
    ericzeking wrote: »
    We on BT again tomorrow...jaysus if there is one positive out of getting into the Europa league it might be that we'll be playing on Sundays and be on Sky....I don't have BT, the fecking TV bill is high enough

I have a ahem er eh "box" but I cant get that channel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Please explain how Fellaini is worth 28m? I just can't see it. As a defensive midfield player he's too slow over five yards. Doesn't get close enough to his opposition player. Fouls excessively. Is not a great passer. Does not control the tempo of the game. I'm struggling to see what he does well other than grow hair.

Are you crazy man??? Everyone knows that Fellaini doesn't grow hair. He came out of his mothers womb with that afro and it hasn't changed in his 26 years on this planet.

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote: »
    If city or Arsenal win the fa cup Europa spots will be given right up to 7th place. Looks like we're going to be there regardless.

The europa winners will be given a champions league spot from 2016 onwards.

Not correct. If City or Arsenal win the FA Cup, and have qualified for the CL, then the FA Cup runners-up will get the EL spot.

If it is an Arsenal vs City FA Cup final and both have quaified for the CL, it will go back to the league positions then.

Evans is still out anyway, Chico picked up a bad injury for Mexico and will be out, possibly for a couple of months.

Nothing official on team news yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Remember we used to have the awards threads for posters? Whatever happened to them?
    Best poster
    Most improved poster
    Poster most likely to be banned (this thread is reminding me of that one over the last few weeks)

No
    Remember we used to have the awards threads for posters? Whatever happened to them?
    Best poster
    Most improved poster
    Poster most likely to be banned (this thread is reminding me of that one over the last few weeks)

How about Months? No fans are ever going to agree on anything there will always be mayhem...... Summer transfer window, Moyes in/out, Cleverley :eek: etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    How about Months? No fans are ever going to agree on anything there will always be mayhem...... Summer transfer window, Moyes in/out, Cleverley :eek: etc

There's a few lads that have stepped it up recently :pac:

• Advertisement

No
    There's a few lads that have stepped it up recently :pac:

Yeh I guess I should get best poster.......:P:P:P:P

No
    All jokes aside whats happening to Cleverley is bad form with England.

I would love for his form to turn around or even get to a very good level if he has that in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    All jokes aside whats happening to Cleverley is bad form with England.

I would love for his form to turn around or even get to a very good level if he has that in him.

For the good of his career he needs to leave UTD. Im not one of these lads that really hate him with a passion or anything but I feel he needs to go to a smaller club that doesnt have the pressure utd brings and build up playing 90mins every game for himself and he may well turn the boo boys around

No
    Headshot wrote: »
    For the good of his career he needs to leave UTD. Im not one of these lads that really hate him with a passion or anything but I feel he needs to go to a smaller club that doesnt have the pressure utd brings and build up playing 90mins every game for himself and he may well turn the boo boys around

He would do well with Spurs I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No

I get the feeling Moyes will say kagawa is out due to traveling time and will be jetlag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    Cleverley's just not good enough for United. There's nothing wrong with that, he just needs to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I never got the Hate for cleverley tbh. Hes a squad player and thats it. Hes not a lazy player by any means but hes probably at the peak of his ability nothing wrong with that

If you want to blame someone blame the last 6 years of management that failed to get a midfield that doesnt need play a slightly average player

As for the England team, Thats always been a ****ing mess selection wise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

No
    KH25 wrote: »
    Cleverley's just not good enough for United. There's nothing wrong with that, he just needs to go.

Neither is Welbeck though.. Both are approaching their mid-20's, not kids anymore..

No
    NTMK wrote: »
    I never got the Hate for cleverley tbh. Hes a squad player and thats it. Hes not a lazy player by any means but hes probably at the peak of his ability nothing wrong with that

If you want to blame someone blame the last 6 years of management that failed to get a midfield that doesnt need play a slightly average player

He hasn't endeared himself to a lot of fans with the comments he made in the papers. I think he shot himself in the foot with them because, if anything, it just gave fans more reason to have issues with him. The TC23 crap was also ridiculous, especially considering that he was barely in the first team at the time. He's made a lot of errors of judgement which haven't exactly made his position any easier.

Personally I think it would be best for him to leave the club. United is just not his level. He's not the first player like that and he wont be the last.
    bullvine wrote: »
    Neither is Welbeck though.. Both are approaching their mid-20's, not kids anymore..

I agree. Welbeck's finishing is far too poor for a team like United. He gets a lot of hype because of his England form. But sure Peter Crouch had a great record for England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

No
    bullvine wrote: »

both are crap - cannot believe that Welbeck is an automatic choice for the English squad.

• Advertisement

No
    kstand wrote: »
    both are crap - cannot believe that Welbeck is an automatic choice for the English squad.

They're not exactly blessed with options.

No
    If I was Hodgson I would play as many Liverpool and Southampton english players as I can.

He hasn't endeared himself to a lot of fans with the comments he made in the papers. I think he shot himself in the foot with them because, if anything, it just gave fans more reason to have issues with him. The TC23 crap was also ridiculous, especially considering that he was barely in the first team at the time. He's made a lot of errors of judgement which haven't exactly made his position any easier.

Agreed he hasnt but the Hate began well before he shot himself in the foot in the papers and is undeserving regardless of how much of a dope he can be at times (TC23)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

He would do well with Spurs I reckon.

Spurs have more options and better cm options than us he wouldn't have a hope of playing at Spurs.

No
    Agreed he hasnt but the Hate began well before he shot himself in the foot in the papers and is undeserving regardless of how much of a dope he can be at times (TC23)

Not arguing with you there. I think he was a tad overhyped before he even started with the first team. People were expecting him to be the next big thing for some reason. He didn't live up to that because he just wasn't that player and fans turned on him.

No
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Spurs have more options and better cm options than us he wouldn't have a hope of playing at Spurs.

Sssshhh I'm trying to sell him and get decent money :pac:

Not arguing with you there. I think he was a tad overhyped before he even started with the first team. People were expecting him to be the next big thing for some reason. He didn't live up to that because he just wasn't that player and fans turned on him.

tbf he looked amazing at the start of the 11-12 season but so did everyone :D

i miss that style of play:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Cleverley could do the Carrick role...sit, intercept, and play it simple and keep the team ticking over, his extra mobility might also mean he'd be pretty good at it.
    The problem he has is we already have Carrick, Fellaini, Fletcher and Jones for that more defensive role so Cleverley is asked to do the more forward thinking stuff and be more of an all rounder...he is most likely not at a level to be effective in this role for us, not now anyway.

I mentioned a few weeks back that Cleverley could maybe do a job at full back (either side) given our issues there, I likened it to the Flamini situation years ago at Arsenal where his midfield play developed immensely by spending a year in the first team playing left back week in week out with less responsibility.

Another poster noted and it definitely rang a bell that Cleverley played left back early in his career...I tried looking that up but couldn't find anything but I'm nearly sure it was the case.

welbeck is a good player...not prolific but def good enough. pace, power, direction good skill, can play on the wing as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cleverleys best is still not United quality.I remember Rio going on about how both he & Wellbeck were doing amazing in training,it's a pity that they didn't carry it onto the field of play.
    The thing is that having no decent midfield partner is making Carrick look even more limited.His passing options become even more scarce so the ball ends up being knocked long far too often than we'd like.Our play simply doesn't develop through the midfield at all.Look at how the likes of Kagawa who is a talented guy has suffered,what's the point in having an AM when the ball is constantly being knocked diagonally to the worst wingers I've had the displeasure of seeing.

No
    zerks wrote: »
    The thing is that having no decent midfield partner is making Carrick look even more limited.His passing options become even more scarce so the ball ends up being knocked long far too often than we'd like..

It's why I laugh sometimes when people blame Carrick for so much.

When he has had a half decnt performance from his paired CM he has been very good.

When he has had to cover the ass of another CM and be out of position or give a bad pass Carrick gets the blame.

Carrick ain't no world beater but when he has to do the Donkey work for 2 it's unfair on him to expect a quality standard.

zerks wrote: »
    Cleverleys best is still not United quality.I remember Rio going on about how both he & Wellbeck were doing amazing in training,it's a pity that they didn't carry it onto the field of play.
    The thing is that having no decent midfield partner is making Carrick look even more limited.His passing options become even more scarce so the ball ends up being knocked long far too often than we'd like.Our play simply doesn't develop through the midfield at all.Look at how the likes of Kagawa who is a talented guy has suffered,what's the point in having an AM when the ball is constantly being knocked diagonally to the worst wingers I've had the displeasure of seeing.

Im not saying for a second that he is good enough to start but in an injury crisis he isnt a total disaster.

btw Is rafa injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The problem is every time Clevs and Welbz play it makes me dislike them more, and they've played a lot, if they were 5th choice like they should be we'd only see them 5 or 6 times a season which wouldn't be hard to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's why I laugh sometimes when people blame Carrick for so much.

When he has had a half decnt performance from his paired CM he has been very good.

When he has had to cover the ass of another CM and be out of position or give a bad pass Carrick gets the blame.

Carrick ain't no world beater but when he has to do the Donkey work for 2 it's unfair on him to expect a quality standard.

You probably have guessed that I'm no fan of Carrick,he tends to leave a lot of the work to others around him,his pass stats mask that.When up against true quality or even a half decent passing team,he can disappear.Having no quality,hard working partner exposes him even more.
    I disagree that he has to cover the ass of a poor cm partner,he's not that dynamic a player to even try that.Notice how he simply bypasses the likes of Cleverley altogether as he knows that the ball will be lost and the team is under pressure again,hence the long passes that have plagued our play this season.

danny welbeck away at real Madrid, man city was class, home to Liverpool last season I think he was class as well..... saved our bacon a few times this season as well. changed the game when he came on at half time against Norwich....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

danny welbeck away at real Madrid, man city was class, home to Liverpool last season I think he was class as well..... saved our bacon a few times this season as well. changed the game when he came on at half time against Norwich....

I'd say in those games he's performed to the level a United player should, the problem is the other 60 appearances he's made this season and last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Im not saying for a second that he is good enough to start but in an injury crisis he isnt a total disaster.

btw Is rafa injured?

Rafael should be back from his concussion injury by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    I agree. Welbeck's finishing is far too poor for a team like United. He gets a lot of hype because of his England form. But sure Peter Crouch had a great record for England.

Welbeck is a good player. His finishing is poor because he's very rarely in goal scoring positions, look at RVP performances this season and Chicha they look poor with no chances.

No
    I'd say in those games he's performed to the level a United player should, the problem is the other 60 appearances he's made this season and last

That would be my problem with him too. Its great when a player performs well in a big game but it needs to be done more consistently than that. The big games alone don't win titles. At the end of the day Welbeck is a striker and for a striker his finishing is very poor. He's shown glimpses of class but never consistently enough.

No
    beno619 wrote: »
    Welbeck is a good player. His finishing is poor because he's very rarely in goal scoring positions, look at RVP performances this season and Chicha they look poor with no chances.

But when he does get into position he regularly messes up. He does all the hard work leading up to the chance and then fluffs it. Id trust RVP and Chicho far more than him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement