Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

welbeck is also very direct, very fast, knows what it means to play for united.... I think he is a great player for the club. rarely lets the team down, totally unselfish and when he got a run in the team up from when rvp was out scored 8 goals...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Nani injured lads?? Forgot he even existed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What the **** is this ****???

Could not wait to have a snipe? Feeling obsessed? Maybe little horny?

Whatever the **** it is stop!

Now where were we.....

Dude it was just a joke. Relax!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Devil08 wrote: »
    Nani injured lads?? Forgot he even existed

596.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    KH25 wrote: »
    But when he does get into position he regularly messes up. He does all the hard work leading up to the chance and then fluffs it. Id trust RVP and Chicho far more than him.

Not really he had a good run in the team up front this season and scored some important goals. He's never gotten a fun in his favoured position like the 20 games Cleverley has had this season. At the end end of the day he needs and opportunity up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    If I was Hodgson I would play as many Liverpool and Southampton english players as I can.

Yes, so would I. I'd also hide their shinguards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

ericzeking wrote: »
    I mentioned a few weeks back that Cleverley could maybe do a job at full back (either side) given our issues there, I likened it to the Flamini situation years ago at Arsenal where his midfield play developed immensely by spending a year in the first team playing left back week in week out with less responsibility.

Another poster noted and it definitely rang a bell that Cleverley played left back early in his career...I tried looking that up but couldn't find anything but I'm nearly sure it was the case.

Jesus above don't let Moyes think that TC23 could do a job at rb/lb!!!! Heaven forbid we'd be that fcuked but with the luck we've had since Moyes took over it wouldn't surprise me

Sure Anderson wanted to be a left back early in his career (the next RC3) so we could have
    TC23 MC16 DF24 A8
    as a back four for next season incase of emergency...

DDG
    TC,MC,DF,A
    sideshow bob
    Reus
    valencia
    Young
    janujaz
    Rooney

Sure ideal it'd be ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

That letter from moyes,

softening us fans up for possible loses against Man City and Liverpool this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Think we might see 4-2-3-1 again this weekend. Fellaini had another good game for Belgium SBD got on the score sheet.

Think we might see Fellaini in beside Carrick with Rooney, Mata and Januzaj in behind Van Persie.

Back four...****ing take you pick...they've all been as bad as each other.

Kagawa had a lengthy trip so probdbly be benched ( although played well and scored ) so might get on for 30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

sawfish wrote: »
    That letter from moyes,

softening us fans up for possible loses against Man City and Liverpool this month.

More the clubs realisation that a lot of people wont be renewing their season tickets due to the total **** we've had to watch the last 7 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    I actually thought that letter would end with some offer to the season ticket holders, a reduction in price or a jersey or something - not just a simply thanks.

NTMK wrote: »
    More the clubs realisation that a lot of people wont be renewing their season tickets due to the total **** we've had to watch the last 7 months

Yea I'm sure they are worried about ticket sales alrite, they won't be short of people looking for season tickets regardless of how the club is performing. Fair play to Moyes for writing the letter, shows he isn't brushing it all under the carpet. People will slate him as always and make it into a big deal, he can't win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's amazing how positive G Neville has stayed throughout this season

Apparently he said on twitter we could see a late charge despite no evidence at all that will happen at any point this season

He's one of the best around when talking about other clubs but when it comes to United or England it's just awful a lot of the time.

I actually thought that letter would end with some offer to the season ticket holders, a reduction in price or a jersey or something - not just a simply thanks.

Are you for real? You think we are entitled to 3 points every week? And if we don't get them then the fans deserve compensation? Yea good man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I dont care about a refund/discount etc tbh i want to see them put teams to the sword and play with a bit of ****ing heart

No
    Yea I'm sure they are worried about ticket sales alrite, they won't be short of people looking for season tickets regardless of how the club is performing.

That simply isn't true.

Just look at the number of season ticket holders who got calls this season asking them to buy another. United season tickets are in nowhere near the demand they used to be - very easy to get now.

No
    NTMK wrote: »
    I dont care about a refund/discount etc tbh i want to see them put teams to the sword and play with a bit of ****ing heart

one was as likely as the other so.

No
    Are you for real? You think we are entitled to 3 points every week? And if we don't get them then the fans deserve compensation? Yea good man

That is exactly what I said alright. cut right to the heart of the matter you did there. Well done. Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Think we might see 4-2-3-1 again this weekend. Fellaini had another good game for Belgium SBD got on the score sheet.

Think we might see Fellaini in beside Carrick with Rooney, Mata and Januzaj in behind Van Persie.

Back four...****ing take you pick...they've all been as bad as each other.

Kagawa had a lengthy trip so probdbly be benched ( although played well and scored ) so might get on for 30 minutes.

Or else we will be told Kagawa has been sick again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No
    It's amazing how positive G Neville has stayed throughout this season

Apparently he said on twitter we could see a late charge despite no evidence at all that will happen at any point this season

He's one of the best around when talking about other clubs but when it comes to United or England it's just awful a lot of the time.
    wants to help Phil keep his job
    his criticisim of foreign players compared to English players is a joke

That is exactly what I said alright. cut right to the heart of the matter you did there. Well done. Bravo.

Typical glory hunter, throwing your toys out of the pram and looking for compensation when we aren't doing well.
    Well guess what, we aren't going to challenge for titles every year, we will play **** at times, and that is going to happen more often than not now that we are in transition.
    If you don't like it, go support whoever is on the best winning run at the moment.
    The club really don't give a ****t if you are unhappy. You won't be getting a penny back

No
    Typical glory hunter, throwing your toys out of the pram and looking for compensation when we aren't doing well.
    Well guess what, we aren't going to challenge for titles every year, we will play **** at times, and that is going to happen more often than not now that we are in transition.
    If you don't like it, go support whoever is on the best winning run at the moment.
    The club really don't give a ****t if you are unhappy. You won't be getting a penny back

Please elaborate further - I am enjoying reading far more into what I said now that you are putting words in my mouth. Its good fun. Quality posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Oh god no...... The I'm a real fan you're not accusation is coming :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No
    Oh god no...... The I'm a real fan you're not accusation is coming :eek:

I'm a level 17 paladin Fan. I can cast *Cheer on the team* twice per battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Jones and Evans still out, along with Nani and Hernandez.

Expecting Rafael to be fit for the game tomorrow.
    Doubts remain over United defender Jonny Evans, who has missed over a month with a calf injury.

David Moyes had hoped to be able to call upon the centre-back at The Hawthorns but it seems the Northern Irishman is set for a further spell on the sidelines.

United will definitely be without Javier Hernandez (knee), Phil Jones (thigh) and Nani (hamstring).

Rafael should be fit to return to the squad after suffering from concussion.

• Advertisement

I'd like to hear from any other fans who expect a discount or a free jersey because of the teams performances this season. the greatest load of bollox

No
    I'd like to hear from any other fans who expect a discount or a free jersey because of the teams performances this season. the greatest load of bollox

Please point to one that says that expect the club to do either?

And then apologise for your posting at me when you either can't find any or can't pin it on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Timmyctc wrote: »

I am Lady Kenny headshot, I will use my anime powers to deflect this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No
    Headshot wrote: »
    I am Lady Kenny headshot, I will use my anime powers to deflect this

AH! A worthy foe. .. Well. I'm a bigger fan than you

n509bca7e762da.jpg

No
    Timmyctc wrote: »

Best laugh ive had in ages!! :D

• Advertisement

You thought = you expected

You expected or thought that Moyes would offer a discount or free jersey.

If you are speaking in code and by the above you mean the exact opposite then sorry i don't speak your tripe talk.

But as far as apologising for my posts, swing for it

No
    You thought = you expected

And there is your big error.

My thinking something COULD happen is not close to me expecting something SHOULD happen.

Not bothered reading the rest of your post as I assume it will be based on the same inaccurate reasoning.

The language in the letter lead me to believe the club were going to offer some sort of gesture to the United fans by the end of it. I was neither shocked nor disappointed when this did not occur.

I'll take your apology as your next response to me.

No
    Moyes on #mufc fans: “The club is built on a fantastic fanbase… they understand we’re in a difficult position but are backing the players.”

More from Moyes: “We need to create more opportunities… but creativity isn’t just the key. We also need to keep the back door shut.”

No
    Moyes on #mufc fans: “The club is built on a fantastic fanbase… they understand we’re in a difficult position but are backing the players.”

More from Moyes: “We need to create more opportunities… but creativity isn’t just the key. We also need to keep the back door shut.”

we need to get to the byline more.

No

Yes they are. You, Moyes, on the other hand...

If he can identify defense as a weakness, why the **** does he continually go negative and invite teams onto the defenders then? :S

No
    Yes they are. You, Moyes, on the other hand...

If he can identify defense as a weakness, why the **** does he continually go negative and invite teams onto the defenders then? :S

Because he's our awesome tactical manager........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Red Crow wrote: »
    Dude it was just a joke. Relax!

I take it back then.

But you could of at least used a ;) or :p or :D to give me some chance.

I aint Kevin Barry:pac:

No
    Interesting one

David Moyes says Nemanja Vidic’s replacement could come from within. “I’ve got young centre-backs & I want to see what they’re capable of.”

He surely knows now if the lads at the club are capable of taking over from Vidic

No
    Interesting one

David Moyes says Nemanja Vidic’s replacement could come from within. “I’ve got young centre-backs & I want to see what they’re capable of.”

Already starting to play down expectations for the summer transfer window then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

MD1990 wrote: »
    wants to help Phil keep his job
    his criticisim of foreign players compared to English players is a joke

I would say most pundits are like that though.... not a mention of Baines pathetic dive there a few weeks ago, or sturridge diving for Liverpool the other week, or sterlings terrible dive for England the other night.... or the amount of times steven gerrard dived throughout his career

• Advertisement

No
    Interesting one

He surely knows now if the lads at the club are capable of taking over from Vidic

He's been told they are all good defenders. ;)

No
    He's been told they are all good defenders. ;)

Maybe he needs more time to assess the squad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

No
    Or maybe he's just publicly challenging them to step up to the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    I think Smalling, Jones and Evans have the potential to be excellent defenders for the club. They need to be given a real chance though. Too often we see Smalling or Jones played out of position. Neither is a RB and Jones is not a CM. There has also been too much chopping and changing in the defence for my liking, which I think has contributed to the defensive mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

I think Smalling, Jones and Evans have the potential to be excellent defenders for the club. They need to be given a real chance though. Too often we see Smalling or Jones played out of position. Neither is a RB and Jones is not a CM. There has also been too much chopping and changing in the defence for my liking, which I think has contributed to the defensive mistakes.
    Spot on. You cant keep changing the back 4 and expect to build a solid defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    I take it back then.

But you could of at least used a ;) or :p or :D to give me some chance.

I aint Kevin Barry:pac:

Don't you mean Keith? :D

No
    Don't you mean Keith? :D

No! clearly he means the Republican guy who was shot because his mind reading tricks where bad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No

CB is the last position that needs strengthening I think, bring back Michael Keane or another young player but its time for Smalling, Jones and Evans to step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Devil08. Continue to post in the same provocative manner, and you will get carded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Macca07 wrote: »
    Jones and Evans still out, along with Nani and Hernandez.

Expecting Rafael to be fit for the game tomorrow.

Na...ni? The name rings a ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement