Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    You seriously do not believe that, do you?

all your examples are pretty poor, and in most cases a manager taking the reigns of a squad that is already well into their season, a continuing the system of the previous manager.

I will give you Mancini as I never rated the guy.
    If you've got the personnel that's half the battle. The first 2 examples I gave were squads that didn't need much improving on. This United one does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

No
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Seems to be general acceptance or in somewhat resignation to us not getting 4th.

I must be dillusional as ****. I felt Liverpool would drop points, and they started already. We just need to capitalise.

I don't think it outlandish to see us snatching fourth.

Liverpools problem of recent times hasn't been the big games, its the slipups against the minnows. West Brom another prime example. Their defence is lightweight and extremely suspect. What I felt was their most important player(outside of Suarez) in Lucas is out longterm, and no replacement was signed.

If we can just get ourself consolidated for the rest of the season, get a win against Fulham and just keep churning them out. **** performances at this stage. Things aren't right at all in that squad. Churn out the results, win win win, then summer tear it down and start again, with performances and fluidity in mind.

I refuse to accept we won't be top 4...simply refuse. By the time we play Liverpool in March, it's reasonable to predict the gap will be level or there abouts, and that game will be MASSIVE.

Look at their last five fixtures. City, Chelsea, Newcastle are three of them.

The toughest we have in our last five is Everton.

There is plenty to go fellas, Liverpool are going to drop points, so are Spurs. It's about making sure we capitalise. If we can keep in touching distance coming into that last five games, it's reasonable to guess that Liverpool could drop six points in that run in.

Stick you in the dressing room for pre-match team talks!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

If you've got the personnel that's half the battle. The first 2 examples I gave were squads that didn't need much improving on. This United one does.

Totally agree about having the right personnel, but if it was as simple as a club just going out an buying the best players in the world then why not just put a executive board member in the dugout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    I just don't think United will drop 8 points less than them. The result/performance vs Stoke was a real kick in the nads.

I know this is a strange point but Stoke at home have beaten us, Chelsea, drawn with Everton and City. Liverpool have won with Arsenal and Spurs still to travel

The result was semi expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    RasTa wrote: »
    I know this is a strange point but Stoke at home have beaten us, Chelsea, drawn with Everton and City. Liverpool have won with Arsenal and Spurs still to travel

The result was semi expected.

But not a result we could afford, it was a must win game to keep our CL hopes alive, imo. We didn't win it, so for me our chances died at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Would love to see this guy at United,better than watching Wellbeck falling over or smashing the ball into row 7.

CoordinatedAthleticElectriceel.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No

I think Moyes is a good enough manager to at least get the players we need (or really, at least move for the players we need).

Long term I don't think player quality will be a massive issue (in respect to getting a top 4 place), I fear tactics/style could be the bigger issue - long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

No
    We don't deserve to finish fourth, we've barely played well in a single game this season, Liverpool on the other hand have been superb many times this season. I was shocked how well they played against City. They are just better than us as a team at the moment. I can't see how this turgid excuse for football is going to improve in the next few weeks. I think we are destined to finish sixth and be knocked out of the Champions league in the quarterfinals.

No
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    Totally agree about having the right personnel, but if it was as simple as a club just going out an buying the best players in the world then why not just put a executive board member in the dugout.
    I did say less significant, not insignificant.
    You can get by with a lesser manager if you have the players is all I'm saying.

Of course I don't want us to just "get by"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Why do you say that? becasue of the rebuild talk?

I still think we will get fourth. If Liverpool beat West Brom it would be harder but even then with the playing Arsenal Saturday and still having to come to OT I still would have hope. Everton have Spurs and Chelsea away coming up plus we have to go to Goodison. Both Pool and Everton will have the FA cup to deal with but no UCL.

Its going to be tight and exciting.

No just from reading the last few days seems a real air of " we can't get fourth" from some quarters.

I simply won't subscribe to it with that run in Liverpool have. ****e to be relying on other teams to be dropping points, but with the title race being close, you can bet your bollox City and Chelsea will be fielding strong teams against Liverpool who I don't think will get a result against either.

That's six points dropped, in the same round of fixtures, we have what historically would be comfortable fixtures, but I guess **** knows this season. As you say will be tight, exciting, but I think we will just scrape by.

• Advertisement

Julez wrote: »
    Stick you in the dressing room for pre-match team talks!

Odd one me, I used to sit in the dressing room in silence, manager rarely ever said anything to me pre match.. We had one of those " stuck in lads" captains who used to try G up the team, but I never really subscribed to any of it.

One of those "ready the night before" type of people when it came to my football.

The only time I let an outburst at team mates, pretty much ended my football a the club I was at :)

In terms of professional level sport, it's always good debate around team talks and what goes on in this dressing room. Something that was frequently discussed about Moyes is that he was a relevantly calm figure in pre match talks, but at half time if things weren't going to his liking and he really got ticked, he could peel wallpaper of the wall with his roaring. I remember Distan saying he rarely got overly emotional with pre match lectures or talks, but he on a good few occasions left the dressing room at half time shaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

No
    We are gonna need to go on a run of about 6 straight wins, to get the momentum, we've seen no sign of this happening so far this season, we've seen no evidence to suggest it will but we've seen plenty to suggest it won't.

No
    zerks wrote: »
    Would love to see this guy at United,better than watching Wellbeck falling over or smashing the ball into row 7.

CoordinatedAthleticElectriceel.gif
    And we'd have the best Uruguyan in the league...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    I would adore Cavani...

And we'd have the best Uruguyan in the league...

If we got him and somehow finish ahead of Liverpool this season,we'd have the only decent Uruguayan in the league.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If we got him and somehow finish ahead of Liverpool this season,we'd have the only Uruguayan in the league.;)

Gaston Ramirez and Diego Lugano say hi!

(I presume Seb Coates will be gone by then)

8-10 wrote: »
    Gaston Ramirez and Diego Lugano say hi!

(I presume Seb Coates will be gone by then)

53867-Walter-white-breaking-bad-your-gBJQ.gif

Never let facts get in the way of having a laugh.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Sorry if this has been posted already, though I couldn't see it in the last few pages... Also, can people please stop saying 'yee' and 'ye' unless it is preceding 'haa'. Cheers.

From Toni Kroos' Facebook
    "Much has been written, especially in the last few days, about my sporting future," Kroos wrote to his 1.5m followers. "The fact is I am very happy to play for Bayern and my position in the team is very good. [However] The fact is also that we couldn't agree a new contract.
    "Since it runs until 2015 this is not a big problem, and we will see what the future brings.

"My focus is on the sport side of things and we will do everything possible to complete the season as successfully as last season."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Fenix wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted already, though I couldn't see it in the last few pages... Also, can people please stop saying 'yee' and 'ye' unless it is preceding 'haa'. Cheers.

From Toni Kroos' Facebook

Posted that quote yesterday but stopped at the I'm happy at Bayern part

This is the part a lot of sites are picking up on today but he says its not up until 2015 and not a problem
    However, Me and the club have not been able to agree a contract renewal

I still think he is using UTD as leverage to get a better contract. If Draxler joins Bayers they may decide Kroos can go but I can't see it happening.

A crazy high bid and contract offer from UTD may make Bayern think hard. 45m-50m or something. Then you have to ask is he worth it. Pep rates him for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Eveton used to have their wide men cut inside a lot and got with from the wing backs. They were strong down the left with Baines but were never as rigid as UTD. Do you recall the 1 nil defeat loss we suffered at Everton last season? With Fellaini bossing it? They played nothing like UTD are now in that game and most attacks came through the middle building from deep.

Stats will show Evertons last season under Moyes is close to Fergies last under UTD, in terms of pass lenght and type but even those stats decieve. Obvioulsy chance creation and conversion rate are a lot less than UTDs, Rooney + RVP against Anichebe + Jelavic will lead to that but even when measuring those type of stats (goal scored, conceded, possesion, pass accuracy, pass lenght, defensive actions) they make most top half teams look the same in terms of style because all of those stats are the most basic actions. You have to watch a team to see what they are like but a telling stat is they had less of a conversion rate but created more chances than UTD.

Here is Everton overall in their last Season under Moyes

http://www.squawka.com/teams/everton/stats#performance-score#english-barclays-premier-league#season-2012/2013#2#all-matches#1-38#by-match

UTDs last season under Fergie

http://www.squawka.com/teams/manchester-united/stats#performance-score#english-barclays-premier-league#season-2012/2013#2#all-matches#1-38#by-match

You can see the dip in quality up front but this is going to happen when you compare the league winners against Everton but they created more chances that season than UTD did. Moyes Everton had 479 vs Fergies 438. Everything else is a close match.

We will create less chances this season than Evertons last under Moyes. At the same point of the season we are at now Everton had created 320 chances under Moyes compared to the 242 we have created so far.

Moyes hasnt had the time he was given at Everton to build a team at UTD yet. You don't get that in one season. Of course having the same squad do worse is his fault but right now he is trying a wide style with players not giving it their all rather than having imprinted his own style.

Cheers for that. Good read. Didn'y watch Everton a lot but from what I saw they were compact and used the FBs aggressively. Fellaini played higher up the field in bigger games too.

• Advertisement

Posted that quote yesterday but stopped at the I'm happy at Bayern part

This is the part a lot of sites are picking up on today but he says its not up until 2015 and not a problem

I still think he is using UTD as leverage to get a better contract. If Draxler joins Bayers they may decide Kroos can go but I can't see it happening.

A crazy high bid and contract offer from UTD may make Bayern think hard. 45m-50m or something. Then you have to ask is he worth it. Pep rates him for sure.

While I think Kroos is worth every penny, I'd imagine the bid will come in at around £25 if it happens, and working from there. Come summer he will be running into his final year of his contract.

I think a lot will depend on how they do in the Champions league this year. The league title is pretty much a given every year, he has a good few of them now, and you wonder how much it can be valued in an essentially one horse race, with Dortmund only coming around in cycles.

If Bayern stomp another Champions league, then it's possible he will be enticed to stay, thinking of another Barca style Pep domination.
    If not, he might be open to a move.

Two bundesliga titles
    five domestic cups
    One champions league medal
    One super cup medal
    One club world cup medal.

All this at 24 years of age, with plenty of potential left to obtain.

Another side of the coin in that he's not playing the club, and he wants some recognition for his work, and on some level, maybe he wants a new challenege.

While he is the pretty much the critical core of Bayerns midfield, he doesn't get the recognition and exposure he does. As I aid coming back from Munich at the weekend, I was shocked at the amount of pictures of Thiago around the stadium halls and press areas. Signed in the summer, injured for most of the season, only coming into the fray now.

Kroos' face is pretty much nowhere to be seen. If he came to United, he would be midfielder no.1, and to be fair I'd imagine quickly becoming player no.1. He'd get that adoration and respect that maybe he craves.

Be interesting when it comes to Champions league and end of season for Bayern. Will Kroos be deployed as he should leading the way, or will Pep continue with Thiago, who he brought personally to deploy in his midfield, and at the earliest opportunity has been playing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Old but a decent vid by Sky

@ Doc

His main position is as an Attacking MF. His secondary positions are Central MF or left wing. So he would be in his secondary positions at UTD. Would Kross want that? or do we hit him with the we "you will play in your favorite positon" line ala Mata only to have him on the wing for his second game. In Toni's case it will be further back.

Right now Bayern are no.1. It has to come to money rather than a challenge for me.

How deep does his quality run? Well after the first three games in the UCL he was the top MF with 155 out of 157 passes made. 98.7% accuracy.

PKV9DkW.jpg

In one of the worlds most elite competitions you can't deny that's pretty impressive. Is that just Stat flattering though? are the sideways/backwards safe passes?

Look at this

Kross had 89.7% accuracy last season in Bundesliga ranking him 5th overall. 2.8 key passes PER GAME. The other four players with better accuracy didn't have as many key passes combined. 11 through balls putting him in the top three in those terms but all 11 with better accuracy than anyone else. His play is mainly in the opposition half and final 3rd. The passes in this area (66) are with more accuracy than anyone else (98.5%) in the Bundasliga the best of any player to find a team-mate, which was more than 20 times. His barely believable passing accuracy of 96.7 per cent in the final third against CSKA Moscow was also unrivalled.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11882/8949565/kroos-control

This is no.10 creativty at the highest level. If we had that coming from further back with Rooney at 10 would be better or worse with Kroos at ten? I'll try find some stats as to how his national team stats comapred as he is CMF for Germany.

He has a younger brother we could get for a lot less if we don't get Toni. :D

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/basics/spielervergleich/basics_31909_31910.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    Trilla wrote: »
    @proF

You say our play now is world's apart. Apart from saying look at players touch,link play and movement...can u elaborate? And wha else is different?

Nit picking on you but would be v interested to hear your in depth analysis on this world apart change in tactics/strategy...or someone else's opinion on it.

I would have liked to keep this short, but to give you specific answers I'm afraid this post is going to be monstrous. It's just very difficult to describe what I'm talking about in detail without writing a lot of words. So apologies in advance.

Changes in strategy and tactics I think have happened this season to last:

- When the team are attacking this season they are very predictable. You can see the same passing combinations and player movements over and over again in games. They most often involve springing one of the four wide players free in the channels inside or outside an opposition fullback, or freeing one of those four wide players to have a shot/final pass in a bit of space in field caused by the opposition fullback covering back on one of the runs into the channel (hard to describe that last bit in writing).

These moves, when they come off, move the ball forward, from midfield starting point to final ball, quickly and result in that final ball (cross, cut back, through ball into centre or long shot) coming when there aren't a lot of United players looking to get on the end of it. It's not helped by the fact that our CMs now rarely look to move much ahead of the ball when the team have possession. I'm not saying that all of United's play with the ball is quick now, just that the main method of releasing a final ball into the box involves these quick, pre-planned, attacking combinations.

Those pre-planned attacking moves are nearly the entire focus of our creativity now. That is very different to last year, where there was a lot more variation in attack. There was steady possession play with through balls centrally into the box; there was slow build up, loading the box with targets, before releasing a winger/fullback to cross; there were quick passing combinations through the centre; there were longer counter attacks and, yes, there were quick passing combinations using wide players like I've described above. There was a mix of all those attacking patterns and more.

It's true that there weren't enough length-of-the-pitch counter attacks last season, it's true that we were a bit repetitive in attacking play and it's true that there was too much of a focus on the wings (although with more varied methods of getting the ball there than we use now), but it was nothing like as repetitive as our attacking play is this season.

- This season the defensive block has the central midfielders pushing up to press as soon as the opposition get the ball past our strikers. The aim is to funnel the opposition down the sides and then the wingers and fullbacks funnel back to cut off the options. That's not whole team pressing I'm talking about, it's still a mid/deep team block, just that the CMs within that block chase up often.

That's different to last year. Under Fergie, when the team were defending deep, the CMs generally sat back, in closer sync with the back four.

- That defensive block is how we always defend now. Under Fergie we had two distinct methods of defending: getting back into two compact lines of four and whole team high pressing, where our centre backs were left more exposed. The high pressing usually came towards the end of each half, especially the end of the second half when the team were chasing a game. It was sometimes also used for the first ten minutes of a big game.

I've heard Fergie and the players talking about how they always trained and planned to finish games strongly, so it's not like it was just a matter of willpower that brought that about. There was a clear plan to dominate the ball and press the opposition for particular periods in games. Moyes' defensive shape is more uniform over the course of a game.

- This season the team have looked knackered towards the end of games. From previously always finishing strong, now they struggle to cover the ground as the game wears on. That's a big change. It could be a problem with the training, or it could be as simple as the amount of work that Moyes' system asks of the players.

It seems to me that this has gotten a bit better over the last few weeks, but it was a huge issue earlier on in the season. I'm starting to wonder could this issue explain Moyes' slow starts and stronger finishes to seasons many years at Everton.

Those are the differences as I see them.

@ Doc
    Mind blowing Kroos stuff

So we agree he is amazing, and we should sign him :D

He does operate as an attack minded midfielder, but only because Bayern deploy Schweinsteiger and Martinez behind him, and for Germany there is Schweinsteiger and Khedira ( probably now Bender?) in behind him.

But on plenty of occasions he has operated in a 4-4-2 for Bayern, in tandum with a deep sitting Schweinteiger and he has done just as good defensive work aswell as attacking.

I wouldn't dream in a million years putting him left. He needs to play central. Kroos has an outragous ability to ping passes into people feet from long range, so him playing somewhat deep lieing wouldn't even be a problem. Has amazing drive when he gets into his stride and is an excellent dribbler.

I'd imagine in my wildest dreams, that he could operate in a midfield two with Fellaini holding, or in a 4-2-3-1, as part of a three with Rooney and Mata flanking. Playing maybe that little bit behind them.

A player like Kroos, similar to Mata, you change your **** if you get them, I'll subscribe to the calls for MOyes head if next season Mata is played out wide, rather then central, and if we are still rocking a ****ing dirt 4-4-2....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No
    I watched 90% of Everton's games last season and I honestly don't know where you get this from, your opinion on Everton's style of play seems to go well against the grain

I agree with your link up point but there's nothing to show that it is Moyes' doing rather than players out of form.

Nearly an entire squad being out of form for more than half a season is the mangers doing. No doubt about it.
    I think you're wrong about our play being drastically different, IMO it is pretty much Fergie's play. The quality of crossing has dropped (even though Valencia was muck last season he's been worse this season) and quality of finishing also, but RVP and Rooney have been out. At this stage last season we had 13 goals from corners, this season it's 3 afaik, I don't have stats on hand, if someone else could dig them up it would be great, but I'm guessing a high percentage of our goals last season came from crosses, the difference between this and last season is obviously that crosses haven't lead to balls going in the net as often. I said it last season that soon this kind of play would grow ineffective unless we bring in top quality wide players, RVP bailed us out a lot last season when our gameplan wasn't working, signing Mata could signal a transition from it being our primary way of attacking, it doesn't make sense to have him and Rooney in the same team and still emphasise getting the ball wide to be crossed in.

You are over simplifying. You are discussing where the assists came from last season and this without looking at how the play was formed that led up to the assists.
    Well what you're saying is laughable has nothing to do with what I said. I said the way we are set up currently could possibly be the best we can with the players available. Playing Mata/Januzaj and Rooney behind RVP with a midfield of Clevs and Carrick and fullbacks like Raf and Evra is suicide by football IMO, reasonably intelligent managers could set up a team to pick us apart. Similarly going with 3 CM and sacrificing width could be disastrous considering I wouldn't trust our current fit CMs to be able to provide the ball to the attacking players. So in a nutshell I think the way we are set up now is possibly the best option, and that is only in my opinion I'm not qualified(unless a grassroots badge holds any weight in here).

I understand what you mean now by this being the best way we could set up. I agree there's a strong argument to be made that playing narrow wouldn't be an option with our fullbacks and CMs being in the state there in. What I think is laughable is the idea that United can't play any better than they are playing with the formation used and the players available.

No
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Everton played a different brand of football under Moyes. Pienaar and Mirallas with a free role dragging players inside and the fullbacks offer the width. How anybody who watched a handful of Everton games can say he has United playing the same way is puzzling.

Moyes was at the Everton for 10 years, he used more than Pinaar and Mirallas in that time. While he did use narrow wide players most often, he did also use wide players who were comfortable taking on a fullback regularly enough in his time.

At United he has had Evra overlapping aggressively on the left all season with Kagawa, Januzaj, Mata, Giggs and Young all coming infield regularly.

The defensive shape is also the exact same as what he used at Everton.

The big difference at United is that so far Moyes has refrained from using a target man up front. Other than that his style of play is very similar.

• Advertisement

Felt it time I update my sig and show some pride :D

If anyone can make one of those bars that says "I <3 Kroos" by all means gimme :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    So we agree he is amazing, and we should sign him :D

He does operate as an attack minded midfielder, but only because Bayern deploy Schweinsteiger and Martinez behind him, and for Germany there is Schweinsteiger and Khedira ( probably now Bender?) in behind him.

But on plenty of occasions he has operated in a 4-4-2 for Bayern, in tandum with a deep sitting Schweinteiger and he has done just as good defensive work aswell as attacking.

I wouldn't dream in a million years putting him left. He needs to play central. Kroos has an outragous ability to ping passes into people feet from long range, so him playing somewhat deep lieing wouldn't even be a problem. Has amazing drive when he gets into his stride and is an excellent dribbler.

I'd imagine in my wildest dreams, that he could operate in a midfield two with Fellaini holding, or in a 4-2-3-1, as part of a three with Rooney and Mata flanking. Playing maybe that little bit behind them.

A player like Kroos, similar to Mata, you change your **** if you get them, I'll subscribe to the calls for MOyes head if next season Mata is played out wide, rather then central, and if we are still rocking a ****ing dirt 4-4-2....

There is no doubting his quality. You say you will subscribe to the calls for MOyes head if next season Mata is played out wide, rather then central. What happens to Ronney and RVP then? Put Rooney out wide or drop RVP for Rooney? Does Kagawa become a wide man?

Mata won player of the month whilst playing wide under AVB. I would prefer him wide, cutting in and interchangeing rather than Rooney.

We are not really rocking a 4-4-2. Its a 4-5-1, Rooneys in the hole and drops off for the ball and works his socks of defensively with RVP waiting alone up top.

Kross---Fellaini
    --Januzaj---Rooney---Mata---
    RVP

That would be my pick. We would have lots of no.10 rotational options in Fellaini, Kagawa, Januzaj, Mata and Kroos should it happen. Kross can play on the wing if needs be. Both Januzaj and Mata have played left and right wing before even though no.10 is their favourite position.

This means we could keep our close to strongest first 11 a lot with them in different positions and interchanging during a game if tactics, injury or sqaud rotation require it.

Pro. F wrote: »

- That defensive block is how we always defend now. Under Fergie we had two distinct methods of defending: getting back into two compact lines of four and whole team high pressing, where our centre backs were left more exposed. The high pressing usually came towards the end of each half, especially the end of the second half when the team were chasing a game. It was sometimes also used for the first ten minutes of a big game.

We have defended this way this season already under Moyes. Sunderland away. The CMF pair dont always push up once we lose the ball, they have tracked back to hold a line but not gone deep enough. The wide men are not disciplined enough to do this. Many teams walked through us when Fergie tired this. Southampton and Pool at OT off the top of my head.

No
    We have defended this way this season already under Moyes. Sunderland away. The CMF pair dont always push up once we lose the ball, they have tracked back to hold a line but not gone deep enough. The wide men are not disciplined enough to do this. Many teams walked through us when Fergie tired this. Southampton and Pool at OT off the top of my head.

There is no way I am discussing defensive shape with you again. From the previous conversations we've had I don't think you understand the basics of defending well enough nor have the ability to discuss things in detail with enough accuracy.

There is no way I am discussing defensive shape with you again. From the previous conversations we've had I don't think you understand the basics of defending well enough nor have the ability to discuss things in detail with enough accuracy.

Funnily enough I was going to say something like this in my reply but decided not to as its a discussion board for discussion and I don't get a kick out of rudeness but seeing as you went there....

Now that you are so crtitical of Moyes worlds apart defensive style I am pretty sure you jump from tactical theory to another that you read on some blog in attempt to seem like you know more than you do. Your latest post is contradictionary to your previous posts.

I remember having a long winded debate with you about Cleverly after the Spurs game and how he got turned by Sandro after flying in.

I said he needed to hold the line and let Sandro come to him. You were adamant Cleverly did the right thing and nothing wrong what so ever, rudely you repeated the above "I don't think your smart enough to get these tactical postional area of the game" during that discussion to.

Yet here we are with you saying the rushing in style is wrong when before it was right and my view that he should hold deeper with the wide line and near the defense backline was wrong. Funny that.

Its proof of my suspicion that you merely look for arguments with me and don't make coherent points. You change your tune and stacne depending on wether argument is going your way rather than having an actual belief you stand by. Especially when it come to the "world class" talent that is Tom Cleverly.

No
    Funnily enough I was going to say something like this in my reply but decided not to as its a discussion board for discussion and I don't get a kick out of rudeness but seeing as you went there....

Now that you are so crtitical of Moyes worlds apart defensive style I am pretty sure you jump from tactical theory to another that you read on some blog in attempt to seem like you know more than you do. Your latest post is contradictionary to your previous posts.

I remember having a long winded debate with you about Cleverly after the Spurs game and how he got turned by Sandro after flying in.

I said he needed to hold the line and let Sandro come to him. You were adamant Cleverly did the right thing and nothing wrong what so ever, rudely you repeated the above "I don't think your smart enough to get these tactical postional area of the game" during that discussion to.

Yet here we are with you saying the rushing in style is wrong when before it was right and my view that he should hold deeper with the wide line and near the defense was wrong. Funny that.

Its proof of my suspicion that you merely look for arguments with me and don't make coherent points. You change your tune and stacne depending on wether argument is going your way rather than having an actual belief you stand by.

I did not say that Moyes' defensive system wrong, I said it was different to Fergie's. My criticism was for his methods of attacking play.

With regards to the bolded bit, you quoted and replied to my response to Rayne Wooney and then quoted and replied to my response to a direct question from Trilla. And now you are complaining about me looking for arguments with you? That is fúcking unhinged.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    More reports of PSG sniffing round Januzaj. 40m being the touted figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

No
    More reports of PSG sniffing round Januzaj. 40m being the touted figure.

The world has gone absolutely ****ing mental if a guy who has had one decent season and a lot of potential goes for 2.5 million less than Mesut Ozil, and 3 million more than Juan Mata.

Not a hope.

I did not say that Moyes' defensive system wrong, I said it was different to Fergie's. My criticism was for his methods of attacking play.

With regards to the bolded bit, you quoted and replied to my response to Rayne Wooney and then quoted and replied to my response to a direct question from Trilla. And now you are complaining about me looking for arguments with you? That is fúcking unhinged.

No I'm bsaing it on the fact that its a discussion borad and people quote and reply to people all time and that I directly addressed you and you directly addressed me with "your too dumb to understand reply".

Trilla and Rooney have nothing to do with my last reply to you. Your deflecting.

You have been critical of Moyes rigid style and how we don't change so i can be taken that you don't approve. From your post about the change of styles you obviously prefer the Fergie style, who wouldn't?

You didn't answer when I said we have defended the Fergie way at times this season or the Clev Spurs thing, you opted for rudness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

No
    Dont understand people coming up with teams for enxt season and putting Toni Kroos in there.
    Whatever sliver of a chance we had of signing him in January are gone now - and plenty of others who can offer him CL football will come in for him if there's a chance of him leaving and money will be no object to them.
    The likes of Chiek Tiote right now are the probably the utmost of Moyes transfer ambitions.

Re my post earlier about Cavani,breaking news now is that his representatives are in London discussing a move away from PSG.

Please let it be Moyes that's there & not Jose.

• Advertisement

kstand wrote: »
    Dont understand people coming up with teams for enxt season and putting Toni Kroos in there.
    Whatever sliver of a chance we had of signing him in January are gone now - and plenty of others who can offer him CL football will come in for him if there's a chance of him leaving and money will be no object to them.
    The likes of Chiek Tiote right now are the probably the utmost of Moyes transfer ambitions.

Chances are slim that he would want out of Bayern but he is stalling on a new contract and Bayern won't pay him what he is asking for and are looking at a replacement in Draxler. So its still alive but I would be amazed if it happend.

The Moyes ambition being Tiote thing is rubbish. He bought Mata and bid for Cesc. The type of player he wants has been fine so far.

Good article that somwhat summarises Kroos.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-toni-kroos-could-reinvigorate-manchester-uniteds-ailing-midfield

A bit of reading for anyone maybe not familiar with him.

No
    No I'm bsaing it on the fact that its a discussion borad and people quote and reply to people all time and that I directly addressed you and you directly addressed me with "your too dumb to understand reply".

Trilla and Rooney have nothing to do with my last reply to you. Your deflecting.

You think me saying that I don't want to discuss something with you, because I think you aren't able to discuss it properly, when you quote and respond to me first, is me looking for an argument. Yeah sure, that makes sense.
    You have been critical of Moyes rigid style and how we don't change so i can be taken that you don't approve. From your post about the change of styles you obviously prefer the Fergie style, who wouldn't?

You can assume what you want about what I think. I did not say that Moyes' way of defending was wrong, I said it was different to Fergie's.
    You didn't answer when I said we have defended the Fergie way at times this season or the Clev Spurs thing, you opted for rudness.

Of course I didn't answer. I don't want to discuss it with you because I don't think you are able to carry on a sensible conversation about it.

Re my post earlier about Cavani,breaking news now is that his representatives are in London discussing a move away from PSG.

Please let it be Moyes that's there & not Jose.

can we have source with those fries please?

You think me saying that I don't want to discuss something with you, because I think you aren't able to discuss it properly, when you quote and respond to me first, is me looking for an argument. Yeah sure, that makes sense.

No I think someone calling some dumb is looking for an argument. You said I can't understand, know its you can't discuss it sensibly. You have as you like to say "moved the goal posts" as they are two differnt things.

I'm sure you don't want to discuss the obvious contradictions and rudness in your posts, but not because people won't understand but your point is weak.

I made it up for the craic.

Seriously,the whole link/source? thing grinds my gears,why can't people just do a bit of research themselves?

Not picking on you but just saying in general it's an epidemic on here lately.

BTW,it's the DM reporting it.

I'm somewhat irked by Cavani so disgruntled. He is getting PLENTY of gametime for PSG. He is being fit in to accommodate an unbelievable inform Zlatan, who scored twice again last night( or was in Tuesday).

PSG don't play two up top, and he simply put cannot usurp Zlatan in that type of form, that for me had him easily in the top 3 for the Balon Dor

Moved to a club with big ambitions, title winners, big money, yet things arn't going to plan and he wants to jump ship.

That sort of dedication and kneejerk decision making isn't always a good thing. If he comes to United next year and RVP is on form, and Rooney is still there, he probably wont even play as much as the other two. Or will definitly be part of a rotation system.
    Would he truely be happier?

My head keeps screaming Chelsea his destination if he leaves. Contrare to popular belief, ~I don't think Lukaku will fit into Mourinhos plans. But a Cavani definitly would.

Only way I can see Cavani coming is if we ship of Rooney, and the destination being Chelsea.

You can assume what you want about what I think. I did not say that Moyes' way of defending was wrong, I said it was different to Fergie's.

I don't think anyone could prefer how we defend under Moyes rather than Fergie.

Moyes defensive system is simply not as good, not only different but less effective.

It was great against Spurs when Clev did is so well but you won't address that.

If you don't want to admit the obvious and stick to an opinion whatever, don't tell people they don't understand or are not sensible when its pointed out.

I made it up for the craic.

Seriously,the whole link/source? thing grinds my gears,why can't people just do a bit of research themselves?

Not picking on you but just saying in general it's an epidemic on here lately.

BTW,it's the DM reporting it.

Ok, I never accused you of this or though you were bs'ing. I just wanted to see the link.

I'll have a look at the mail site now. I know Chelsea were interested, hopefully not, he would make the very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

No
    Chances are slim that he would want out of Bayern but he is stalling on a new contract and Bayern won't pay him what he is asking for and are looking at a replacement in Draxler. So its still alive but I would be amazed if it happend.

The Moyes ambition being Tiote thing is rubbish. He bought Mata and bid for Cesc. The type of player he wants has been fine so far.

Feillaini?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement