Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    beno619 wrote: »
    CB is the last position that needs strengthening I think, bring back Michael Keane or another young player but its time for Smalling, Jones and Evans to step up.

Agreed. They need to step up but they also need to be given a chance and a certain level of trust. They will make mistakes, everyone does. But both Moyes and the fans need to give them a chance to show they have what it takes to replace Rio and Vidic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Don't you mean Keith? :D

It was a joke;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    So according to fifa14 i signed gundogan 3 years in past ie summer 2014 and im now in summer 2017 and that absolute horrible bucker has started wanting out and running down his 4 year contract.... you can swing for it ilkay :mad::D:pac::rolleyes:

Also bought reuss with intention of getting him to play cdm and the game shouted at me for being too bloody stupid to play the game.. i blame whoever came up with reuss playing cm for us.... you are ruining my career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

So according to fifa14 i signed gundogan 3 years in past ie summer 2014 and im now in summer 2017 and that absolute horrible bucker has started wanting out and running down his 4 year contract.... you can swing for it ilkay :mad::D:pac::rolleyes:

Also bought reuss with intention of getting him to play cdm and the game shouted at me for being too bloody stupid to play the game.. i blame whoever came up with reuss playing cm for us.... you are ruining my career

Reus for cdm?

While your at it Falcao makes an excellent cb due to his heading skills.

No
    Its 2020 in FM 2013 and Toni Kroos, Thiago, Neymar and Ronaldo are smashing it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Its 2020 in FM 2013 and Toni Kroos, Thiago, Neymar and Ronaldo are smashing it up.

Any tax issues :D

No
    Any tax issues :D

No although Ronaldo the fecker wanted 300,000 in his Mid 30's.

I gave in. Maybe I should go easier on Moyes:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYsfoTNweW0

imagine the uproar on this if man utd players did this!!

The last time I played Football Manager was on Commodore 64 and I. Copeland was tearing up Division 1 teams for me in every match. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    What's with the lack of games this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

RasTa wrote: »

Fa cup?

No
    RasTa wrote: »

FA Cup weekend too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No
    FA Cup is balls nowadays tbh

Make them midweek games

Moyes is just depressing week after week

No
    I was actually glad we did not play last weekend. did not ruin it

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Moyes Presser today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    "played well"

A shudder just went down my neck

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Macca07 wrote: »
    Are you crazy man??? Everyone knows that Fellaini doesn't grow hair. He came out of his mothers womb with that afro and it hasn't changed in his 26 years on this planet.

Correct, his hair grows people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

No
    Did any of you see the article on sky news where tony Kroos's brother said he was a manutd fan as a child

No
    Did any of you see the article on sky news where tony Kroos's brother said he was a manutd fan as a child

Yes was mentioned few days ago I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

No
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    Moyes Presser today..

What does Moyes mean by Kagawa hasn't featured as much as he would have liked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No
    If you disagree with him you're not a loyal supporter :rolleyes:

'Playing well'.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What does Moyes mean by Kagawa hasn't featured as much as he would have liked?

Fergie still doing team selection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

So was John Terry. Don't get your hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    ThirdMan wrote: »
    So was John Terry. Don't get your hopes up.

He had a trial with us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Expecting a good decent performance tomorrow with Fellaini at the heart of it - 3-1 .... any points dropped would be a complete disaster.... it would not surprise me one bit too to see RVP benched from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    any points dropped would be a complete disaster.....

annoying yes, but a disaster. Why? That ship has sailed. Each individual league games thats left it'd be nice to do well (especially Liverpool/City) but as a whole the league campaign is already over. The 2nd leg CL game is the whole season in one match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The rest of the campaign should just be used to give Smalling, Jones, Evans, and Fellaini as much game time as possible. I'd love to put Kagawa in that bracket but....yeah.

The results are pretty redundant at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Keno wrote: »
    The results are pretty redundant at this stage.

I'll remind people of that when we are lamenting the loss to West Brom tomorrow evening :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Moyes Presser today..

I find it hard not to like the man. He handled that press conference well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

No
    I've been critical of Moyes recently but i'd really love to be proven wrong and for him to succeed. I'm sure most who want him out at this stage would be on the same page.

The reality is he's taken on an unbelievably immense task and regardless of what some posters may say there still is glaring deficiencies in the team, let alone the squad.

I suppose what i'm tryin to say is i'd like the nice guy to win. A lot of people, myself included would have wanted Mourinho to take over and he is effective and successful in almost everything he does it seems. But i'm surprised also that the pantomime and facade hasn't faded yet because behind it all he's a bit of a dick really whereas Moyes is actually a nice man i think.

So, like i said, i hope i'm proven wrong and the nice man wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We'd all love to be proven wrong, even the most hardcore Moyes out faction, because if he does prove us wrong United will do well and that's what we all want

Moyes seems like a good guy, everything is pointing to him being out of his depth, he's an intelligent man, he did brilliantly at Everton, but let's face it the United job is one of the most prestigious in football and he had to follow arguably the greatest manager, only a tiny percentage of managers could succeed with that pressure. Some just aren't cut out for the very top.

It's no humiliation for Moyes not succeeding in the job, I think he'll go on to have a good career if it doesn't work out.

As it stands it looks like he'll get at least the summer to buy players and then the first few games of next season to see if he can turn it around, so we'll just have to stomach whatever comes until then, be it a turn around or more failure. I think Moyes will buy the right players, it's just a question of whether he can use them properly. Ironically Moyes will probably leave the United team in a better shape than Fergie left to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I find it hard not to like the man. He handled that press conference well.

He seems more confident than previously. I reckon that the club's hierarchy (and himself) have accepted that this season is a write-off and they have told him that they will support him into next season. In a way, it's like the pressure is off him for now and he can start to concentrate of building for next season.

He has a point, it's easy to support the team when things are going well, it's when things are not going so well that the team really needs support. I have been bemused and frustrated by a lot of what he has done this season, from using the word 'hopefully' ten times in each interview to team selection and tactics. However, I'm looking forward to the future and seeing him develop this team and club in a similar way to what he has done in the past. Watching his Everton teams over the years gives me confidence that he can go great things with United.

:pac: Never won away against top 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Fellaini could be out tomorrow according to a journalist for the Manchester Evening News.Has back spasms apparently.

https://twitter.com/mikekeeganmen/status/442070265514958848

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

It's no humiliation for Moyes not succeeding in the job, I think he'll go on to have a good career if it doesn't work out.

I think it will be a humiliation if he doesn't succeed, and one that will probably shape the remainder of his career. He won't be the successful everton manager of 11 years, he'll be the failed United manager. United's prominence dictates that.

Outside of the consequence to Moyes/United of him failing, I think the consequence to other upcoming managers in the league would also be severe.

Over the last ten years, Moyes is the first managers to get a job with one of the top four on the back of his work in the league. Him failing would reduce the likelihood of that happening again, and reinforce the glass ceiling that exists to an extent, which would be a shame IMO.

Its not like every manager coming in from other leagues is the next Mourinho either, plenty fail but the trend continues. Grant, AVB, Mancini etc were no great shakers, and it would have been good to see promotion from within the league in these cases. Obviously managers like Wenger, Mourinho, Hiddink, Benitez have come in from foreign leagues and succeeded, but there's something wrong when your reputation as a player at a specific club is as likely to land you a job with a top club (Sherwood, DiMatteo), as a number of years success at a smaller club on the league is (Moyes, Redknapp, Hodgson)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

F.J. wrote: »
    Fellaini could be out tomorrow according to a journalist for the Manchester Evening News.Has back spasms apparently.

https://twitter.com/mikekeeganmen/status/442070265514958848

Balls! Would be nice to see him starting full-time 'til the end of season. Would have been nice if he had started v. Olympiacos too! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    So the usual pre match optimism has returned only to be dashed as soon as the team sheet is released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Interesting most of the Everton goals in the game above come from the dreaded cross :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Interesting most of the Everton goals in the game above come from the dreaded cross :-)

Should have signed Tony Hibbert as a crossing coach :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm too busy watching Hayley McQueen on SSN to worry about the teamsheet for today's game.:D

No
    15 minutes of blissful optimism left...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Kind of feels like the season is over, just going through the motions now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Kind of feels like the season is over, just going through the motions now.

It's over on 19 March.

No
    Yum yum, me likey the team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Could be worse. My optimism hasn't completely disappeared. Yet.......

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

No
    De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evra; Carrick, Fellaini; Mata, Rooney, Januzaj; van Persie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

No
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 21s
    #mufc team to face West Brom: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evra; Carrick, Fellaini; Mata, Rooney, Januzaj; van Persie.

#mufc subs at The Hawthorns: Lindegaard, Giggs, Vidic, Young, Fletcher, Kagawa, Welbeck.

De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evra; Carrick, Fellaini; Mata, Rooney, Januzaj; van Persie.

Kagawa back on the bench . . .We won't be having them through balls and clever passes. . . Get the ball into the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That's the best team he could play

It's all down to what way he's told them to play now

No
    Actually, really happy with that team. Seems to be what I've wanted all season.
    De Gea
    Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evra
    Carrick, Fellaini
    Mata, Rooney, Januzaj
    van Persie.

If he can't get a win today with that team, then he really doesn't deserve to be in the premiership, let alone at United.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement