Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good performance. Great result! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Headshot wrote: »
    I never understand why ye even reply to him?

Talking about me you cockhead?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

No
    In Moyes we trust !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Pro. F wrote: »
    Carrick was never a top midfielder.

In your opinion....anyway moving on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Devil08 wrote: »
    Talking about me you cockhead?

Quote of the year!

Anyway Fellaini and Smalling had great games, we where very fluid today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    Nice to see us win a game comfortable it's been a while! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Man Im so happy now for more reasons than one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Now for a week of dreading the next game. Really wish we could play Pool tomorrow and get it over with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Posted in the match thread that today was the 42nd different starting XI this season,how can we put a run together like that.
    An effective performance today,a few moments of class but overall very workmanlike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

BiNlyLzCQAA5JsG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Good signs today but counts for nothing if we are back to the Unholy Trinity of Cleverley, Young and Valencia next weekend. It may be a coincidence but without RVP we played better ( probably has more to do with scoring the 2nd almost straight after he was subbed off). He looked a bit stroppy when he realised it was his number that was on the board!

Fellaini played very well today and is finally starting to look like the player we hoped he would be. Got stuck in to break up tackles and showed some nice touches. Carrick can play his own game with Fellaini alongside him instead of covering 2 positions when Cleverley plays.

Jones apart from his goal had some very hairy moments. His touch was heavy and his positioning was scattered in the first half which is understandable considering how much he has been shifted around from RB to CB to MF. Its a pity Vidic isnt there next season because I feel we ll need an experienced centre half , hopefully we ll go after a proven, experienced CB for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Watched the cup game instead. Performance good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    Fellaini, Raf, Smalling and in the 2nd half Jones were excellent today.Moyes actually set the team up correctly today and the football flowed,who would have known !

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No
    Bring on liverpool next week!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

beno619 wrote: »
    Fellaini, Raf, Smalling and in the 2nd half Jones were excellent today.Moyes actually set the team up correctly today and the football flowed,who would have known !

Hopefully Moyes can now see the benefit of playing this system. 2 tricky away games against Palace and WBA and we have 6 points, 5 goals and 2 clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Shane St. wrote: »

Workmanlike,some decent play at times,wouldn't get too excited yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

No
    Fellani needs to start every game. I'm even more convinced he will turn out to be a fantastic signing for us. He finally seems to settling in now and growing in confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    Shane St. wrote: »

Question, are you a United supporter?

if the answer to the above question is yes then :eek:

exception is if you don't have the channel or decent broadband

No
    n32 wrote: »
    Good signs today but counts for nothing if we are back to the Unholy Trinity of Cleverley, Young and Valencia next weekend. It may be a coincidence but without RVP we played better ( probably has more to do with scoring the 2nd almost straight after he was subbed off). He looked a bit stroppy when he realised it was his number that was on the board!

I dont think it was a coincidence RVP, Rooney and Mata hasn't worked imo. I think RVP is instructed to stay up front making things very static. Towards the end of the game the front 4 appeared all over the pitch and our play improved.

• Advertisement

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Fellani needs to start every game. I'm even more convinced he will turn out to be a fantastic signing for us. He finally seems to settling in now and growing in confidence.

It was a baffling decision to drop him for Olympiacos after he had played well against Palace.
    Christ, I ve typed the word ''baffling'' a lot in this thread this season!!:o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    We showed up today. For a while. In places.

Just like at Palace. We showed up for about 20 minutes.

It's heartening but without the consistency of a run of a few games it's notthing more than the expected result and a confidence booster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No
    Fellaini made a big difference. It still bothers me when he needlessly charges into people for silly fouls, but he does a good job defensively, he can contribute to the attack, and he is able to bring the ball out of defence and move it on.

Rafael and Jones at the back were great. Jones was massive in the 2nd half, and got the goal to start us off. Raf was back to his best, his ball for the 2nd goal was a perfect cross, inch perfect.

Smalling was solid, him and Jones looks a good partnership, Carrick was good. Rooney and Mata really link up well, it's lovely to watch some of the stuff they play. And then great for Welbeck to get a goal.

The only slight negative was a strange performance by RVP for me. Looked very frustrated all game for no real reason, and could of been sent off for jumping into a few challenges.

Good day.

beno619 wrote: »
    I dont think it was a coincidence RVP, Rooney and Mata hasn't worked imo. I think RVP is instructed to stay up front making things very static. Towards the end of the game the front 4 appeared all over the pitch and our play improved.

They seem to be all trying to the same thing in the same area. Rooney and Mata linked nicely when Welbeck was brought on. Whatever about Welbecks failings, his physical presence and occupies defenders and creates that bit of extra space for everyone else. RVP has been very static and lethargic in the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Very pleasing performance today, the team actually looked like United for the first time this season. I will need to see more of the same though, before I get my hopes up.

While there's nothing left to play for this season, it would be great to see the team consistently play to the standard of today, or better, for the remainder of the season. It would be good to build confidence ahead of next season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm actually delighted for Fellaini given the backlash he has received since joining.

He is a terrific signing for us. He's getting a better feel for when he can get up the field and when he is to do his main job as defensive midfielder. Today was a great example of what he can do for us.

I'll be honest, if I see Fellaini as a sub in any game between now and the end of the season, I'll be very unhappy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm actually delighted for Fellaini given the backlash he has received since joining.

He is a terrific signing for us. He's getting a better feel for when he can get up the field and when he is to do his main job as defensive midfielder. Today was a great example of what he can do for us.

I'll be honest, if I see Fellaini as a sub in any game between now and the end of the season, I'll be very unhappy.

Exactly, Fellaini hasn't been given a chance at all. I think he's going to be an excellent signing. Overpriced yes - but still will vastly improve our midfield.

No
    Are we all gonna be nice to each other now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Good decent performance today as I predicted last night - delighted for both Moyes and Fellaini with today's result. Beat Liverpool and our fortunes will finally have started to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Good win and several good performances, including Moyes! West Brom made it easy at times though; they were weak in midfield and poor in defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Good performance and Moyes got the team selection spot on

The tactics were good enough to beat West Brom, the problem is though Moyes will go out and play the same way against Liverpool and we'll be beaten.

He needs to know when to change it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Are we all gonna be nice to each other now :D

Yes you ****.

x

No
    Yes you ****.

x

Oh you calling me a star :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No

The tactics were good enough to beat West Brom, the problem is though Moyes will go out and play the same way against Liverpool and we'll be beaten.

He needs to know when to change it
    Better than playing the wings and getting beaten...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    Jaysus, when we win the negative people don't show up

Good performance, if the team was set up like that all season we'd be in contention for the league, still think we can get 4th, still think moyes is not right, onwards and upwards from here

Spot on mate - I hope the people who do nothing but lambaste the man day after day conceed that - Liverpool is a big challenge and i'm sure the same team will start again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Too early to talk of title bid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Oh you calling me a star :pac:

A star???. A Star???.

May i remind you that stars are bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was a nice performance, though it does raise questions for me over the future of RVP at United.
    United played better without him.

This team needs to be played consistently though - would like it against Olympiakos with Kagawa replacing cup tied Mata, and with Vidic in the team from the start.

Happy for Fellaini, he was solid and hopefully his first goal for United will come soon and the same for Mata.

Welbeck finished well and used his speed to perfection.

It was the best Man United team this season and best performance in my opinion, especially the second half.

One game at a time, it was pleasing to watch today but still plenty of room for improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Fellaini was very good, broke so many attacks and he was purposeful with his passing. His first instinct was to carry the ball forward which was good to see.

Also the last 20-30 mins, since RVP went off we looked better team. Rooney had no problem linking up with Mata, Kagawa, Welbeck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

No Valencia, Cleverley, Young??

How did United manage to scrape a win?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Spot on mate - I hope the people who do nothing but lambaste the man day after day conceed that - Liverpool is a big challenge and i'm sure the same team will start again.

In fairness, I think we are. He did very well today.
    Weirdly, I find it's the pro-Moyes side who tend to go negative first after wins, trying to make it out as if the Anti-Moyes won't give him credit and must be disgusted we lost. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    I thought Jan was pretty poor today. Rafael was our best player. Jones and Smalling looked a bit nervy at the back but to be expected.

Probably the same team against Liverpool, would drop Jan or RVP for Kagawa if so

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yes, I would. Then there has been the rumours his agent has been looking around elsewhere for him. He is not offering the team what he offered last season either and every player is replaceable.

In fairness, I think we are. He did very well today.
    Weirdly, I find it's the pro-Moyes side who tend to go negative first after wins, trying to make it out as if the Anti-Moyes won't give him credit and must be disgusted we lost. :pac:
    Well now I was guilty of that after the Palace match when someone said they wished the team had lost the day before "nothing to play for so i would like another dagger in moyes side" ... that majorly pissed me off and I was disgusted, but onward and upwards and today's performance/result was great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Welbeck has scored 9 goals in the league and 10 goals in total from 13 starts and 7 sub appearances.

He didn't even play all games as striker, that's a fantastic return from 3rd choice striker and with run of games as striker I have no doubt we will see much better goal return from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Nice to watch United and not to be in bad humour for the rest of the day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

No
    Playing through the middle? its a disgrace joe

• Advertisement

No
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Welbeck has scored 9 goals in the league and 10 goals in total from 13 starts and 7 sub appearances.

He didn't even play all games as striker, that's a fantastic return from 3rd choice striker and with run of games as striker I have no doubt we will see much better goal return from him.

Let RVP go and focus on the future.

297655.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement