Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

The referee probably should have sent him off if he deemed it a foul, which he did but replay showed he got the ball first so it turned out to be the correct decision not to card him.

Doesn't matter if he got the ball first.

It was a dangerous challenge and worthy of a yellow card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Nah, I'm right and that's just the way it is OK?!!
    149268505a1778824775b889583476l.jpg

Get out of it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No

It wasn't dangerous, if it was he would have got a straight red.
    I don't hear anybody going on about the two over the top challenges by West Brom players...
    If United should have been down to 10, they should have been down to 9.

It wasn't dangerous, if it was he would have got a straight red.
    I don't hear anybody going on about the two over the top challenges by West Brom players...
    If United should have been down to 10, they should have been down to 9.

I didn't see anything particularly dangerous from WBA players. . . besides since when do two wrongs make a right?

We're discussing Van Persie here.

It was a challenge that was worthy of a second yellow card.

This "he got the ball first" lark is irrelevant. Getting the ball does not automatically excuse a poor challenge and nowhere in the laws of the game is this allowed as an excuse for a terrible challenge.

He'd already been booked and he was throwing himself into tackles like that when Man U were 2 Up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Would you go away out of that. It wasn't dangerous.

• Advertisement

No
    I didn't see anything particularly dangerous from WBA players. . . besides since when do two wrongs make a right?

We're discussing Van Persie here.

It was a challenge that was worthy of a second yellow card.

This "he got the ball first" lark is irrelevant. Getting the ball does not automatically excuse a poor challenge and nowhere in the laws of the game is this allowed as an excuse for a terrible challenge.

He'd already been booked and he was throwing himself into tackles like that when Man U were 2 Up.

He wasn't on the pitch when they were 2 up. It wasn't dangerous IMO, genuine attempt to win the ball back. It was still stupid of him to give the opportunity to the ref either way and was rightly hauled off.

There was 2 W Brom players that went over the top of the ball with studs into the ankle of Januzaj and I think the other was Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    The referee probably should have sent him off if he deemed it a foul, which he did but replay showed he got the ball first so it turned out to be the correct decision not to card him.

It was a good tackle from what I saw. Not that getting the ball makes a bad tackle okay, but it was a good tackle to begin with.

He wasn't on the pitch when they were 2 up. It wasn't dangerous IMO, genuine attempt to win the ball back. It was still stupid of him to give the opportunity to the ref either way and was rightly hauled off.

There was 2 W Brom players that went over the top of the ball with studs into the ankle of Januzaj and I think the other was Mata.

Watching that second tackle going on I felt that he was looking to get himself sent off.

Being a Dutch prima donna he wouldn't be far from petulance, stupidity and downright childishness.

He's been moaning a lot recently.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Moyes sell him in the summer.

No
    Watching that second tackle going on I felt that he was looking to get himself sent off.

Being a Dutch prima donna he wouldn't be far from petulance, stupidity and downright childishness.

He's been moaning a lot recently.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Moyes sell him in the summer.
    What has being Dutch got to do with anything?

Pro. F wrote: »
    It was a good tackle from what I saw. Not that getting the ball makes a bad tackle okay, but it was a good tackle to begin with.

It was a two footed sliding tackle that cleaned Stephen Reid out of it.

it was a definite second yellow. . . Take off the blinkers.

• Advertisement

So this clear-out of playing staff that has been long reported and somewhat overdue, am I the only one who can see mainly quality players leaving us this summer?

RVP, Kagawa, Chico, Vidic. The last definitely gone, the first 3 looking more likely the closer it gets to Summer. I also believe that if Luis Nani were around to be found, he would also be shipped out.

Seriously, about Nani, I think a move was on the cards for him in January, but a genuine injury did hold up the deal. Now though, he is being kept out 'injured' so as to make sure nothing will stall any deal once the transfer window reopens.

What has being Dutch got to do with anything?

I'm sure you're aware that Dutch players have been infamously "opinionated" down through the years.

Virtually every major tournament they attend has rumours or reports of discontent in the camp or different cliques within the same squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It wasn't two footed! He didn't even leave a trailing leg. His momentum carried him through and the WBA got knocked over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    Who cares!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It wasn't two footed! He didn't even leave a trailing leg. His momentum carried him through and the WBA got knocked over.

Exactly. I'm continually baffled how people can see incidents in sports in such different ways.

RasTa wrote: »
    Who cares!

Well Van Persie certainly doesn't at this stage.

It's clear he wants out.

Next few months will be interesting.

No

It's hard to take you seriously when you're remembering what you want to have happened and not what actually happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    Well Van Persie certainly doesn't at this stage.

It's clear he wants out.

Next few months will be interesting.

No, it's not clear.

It's hard to take you seriously when you're remembering what you want to have happened and not what actually happened.

If that had been Suarez you'd be agreeing with me.

You're the one with the blinkers on.

It's all over the media
    Just three minutes after Van Persie was booked for a tackle from behind on Morgan Amalfitano, the Manchester United striker took out Steven Reid with a two-footed sliding tackle.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-brom-0-manchester-united-3-pepe-mel-fumes-over-referee-jon-mosss-decision-not-to-sendoff-robin-van-persie-9178789.html

No
    How about watching the tackle again. Sounds to me like you're just regurgitating other people's opinion.

• Advertisement

No
    Nice to see Sunderland having a bad week, well done Brucie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like the new kit deal is finalised,£60 million a year for 10 years from Nike,along with the £35 million a year from Chevrolet,that's a tidy sum rolling in.

How about watching the tackle again. Sounds to me like you're just regurgitating other people's opinion.

Nah. . I saw what I saw.

A weak referee who hadn't the balls to send off VP after a two footed terrible tackle.

I'd say Moyes would agree . . .as he hauled him off shortly afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I'm sure you're aware that Dutch players have been infamously "opinionated" down through the years.

Virtually every major tournament they attend has rumours or reports of discontent in the camp or different cliques within the same squad.

Clueless.

Absolutely Clueless.

No
    Nah. . I saw what I saw.

A weak referee who hadn't the balls to send off VP after a two footed terrible tackle.

Lol. The hyperbole is in full flow with you today.

Clueless.

Absolutely Clueless.

Is this supposed to constitute an argument?

Your hero is sticking his two fingers up to Man U.

Is that clueless?

No

Is that clueless?
    Stop spouting rubbish.

Lol. The hyperbole is in full flow with you today.

Yea well.

I'm sure Van Persie will be delighted with your support of him. :rolleyes:

Is that clueless?

What are you ****ing on about?

• Advertisement

Stop spouting rubbish.

He'll be off shortly . . . Don't worry about that.

Nah. . I saw what I saw.

He got the ball first,when I saw it in real time I even thought it wasn't a great tackle,the replay showed otherwise.Had a centre half done it,we'd be applauding him for a good hard tackle.I don't understand why you have a bee in your bonnet over it??

What are you ****ing on about?

I'm waiting for an argument that goes beyond "clueless"

zerks wrote: »
    He got the ball first,when I saw it in real time I even thought it wasn't a great tackle,the replay showed otherwise.Had a centre half done it,we'd be applauding him for a good hard tackle.I don't understand why you have a bee in your bonnet over it??

Because he should have been sent off.

It wouldn't have made much difference to the result as WBA were hopeless.

Fair play to Moyes for spotting that he needed substituting immediately - which he did (replacing him with Welbeck).

No
    I'm waiting for an argument that goes beyond "clueless"
    Then don't act clueless...

Then don't act clueless...

So anyone who doesn't agree with you over Man U is clueless?

Close down the thread so.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Don't know if you guys are arsed about Europa or not, but with City and Arsenal drawing each other in the semi's of the FA Cup, then 7th place will not be allocated a Europa place this season.

Its more to do with your ridiculous hypothesis that RVP is opinionated because he is Dutch.

Nothing to do with Man Utd tbh, I doubt anyone is taking your trollollolling seriously anyway, so enjoy and have a pleasant Sunday buddy.

Because he should have been sent off.

yYsTxWq.jpg

No

I didn't say anything of the sort.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Don't know if you guys are arsed about Europa or not, but with City and Arsenal drawing each other in the semi's of the FA Cup, then 7th place will not be allocated a Europa place this season.

Nah,haven't you heard - we are getting 4th place:pac:

Anything to avoid having to watch 3e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No

and anyone who doesn't agree with you is nothing but a blind united fanboy in your eyes

Its more to do with your ridiculous hypothesis that RVP is opinionated because he is Dutch.

Nothing to do with Man Utd tbh, I doubt anyone is taking your trollollolling seriously anyway, so enjoy and have a pleasant Sunday buddy.

Well he was very opinionated about the performances of his team mates after the Olympiakos defeat. . . Moaning about others "invading his space".

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Peter&Paul .

Legends of both opposing super threads :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

No

He could have been killed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No

I don't think you care about making sense in this discussion, so I'm going to leave you off making yourself look foolish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    I just got a big grin on my face :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Headshot wrote: »
    I just got a big grin on my face :)

Where her boobies nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Wigan, you beauty!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    I don't want RVP gone. And I, again, worry that the wrong players seem to be getting linked away and the wrong ones staying, which should be setting alarm bells off in the heads of the remaining Pro-Moyes group.

But if Moyes is staying, and there is trouble with RVP, then RVP should be moved on over the summer. Not that i want him gone, but if the manager has a problem with a player, then the player should be removed from the equation. No one man is bigger than the club.

Sadly, I just think it's the wrong man being removed, but there you go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Well done, Wigan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement