Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

At one point it looked like City could get 3/4 trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It was a two footed sliding tackle that cleaned Stephen Reid out of it.

it was a definite second yellow. . . Take off the blinkers.

Here's how you clean a player out of it with a tackle,nothing wrong with it.
    jones2clo3n.gif

Monaco left-back Layvin Kurzawa on BeIN SPORTS this afternoon: "Man United are the club of my dreams, I hope to play there one day."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Don't know if you guys are arsed about Europa or not, but with City and Arsenal drawing each other in the semi's of the FA Cup, then 7th place will not be allocated a Europa place this season.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Don't know if you guys are arsed about Europa or not, but with City and Arsenal drawing each other in the semi's of the FA Cup, then 7th place will not be allocated a Europa place this season.

All chickens counted and correct......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

zerks wrote: »
    Here's how you clean a player out of it with a tackle,nothing wrong with it.

There's no comparison between that perfectly times tackle and Van Persie's "tackle"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Haven't posted in a while...

It's now a distinct possibility that City could end up with just the league cup this season after looking absolutely immense early on...
    This pleases me.

Al Capwned wrote: »

It's now a distinct possibility that City could end up with nothing this season after looking absolutely immense early on...
    This pleases me.

Er. . .They won the League Cup last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No
    Its hilarious reading the posts of that guy who keeps going on about the rvp tackle and then bitterly keeps mentioning how he wants out.

While ignoring the facts that he made contact with the ball, didnt come in from behind and wasn't 2 footed at all, are we also going to ignore the blatantly obvious red for Foster in the first half, long before rvp's challenge

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

City out of the cup, Europa League pursuit is back on lads!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Al Capwned wrote: »

It's now a distinct possibility that City could end up with nothing this season after looking absolutely immense early on...
    This pleases me.

Did you miss the league cup...

Er. . .They won the League Cup last week.

:o:o

Jesus, i'm going for a pint....

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Did you miss the league cup...

Shh... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

No
    Is it next season that the Europa winner gets a CL spot or is that the season after? If thats the case, I can see Moyes going all out to win the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    One half decent game and he's Roy Keane Mk2.

Let's see can he actually make an impact when playing someone better than WBA before we start preening ourselves eh?

I'm not convinced. Hope to be proved wrong obviously but just don't rate him at the moment.

Wow. Who was calling him the next Roy Keane ?

For those with a bit more understanding of the game over watching MOTD highlights...recognise we signed a terrific DM...one of the best in the league.

Our domestic signings usually always pay off. Stop start season for Fellaini...with a good run of games will be sure people who were doubting him will change their tune.

Got to watch the match in full today. 4-2-3-1 looks to be what Moyes wants to do. And he thinks Fellaini is a major cog in that system.

Nice to see essentially where he wants to bring the club...away from wingers and 4-4-2 and into a much more dominant system that is easily applied home/away and in Europe.

Good finish to the season using that and.he will get himself a lot.of breathing space.

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »
    Is it next season that the Europa winner gets a CL spot or is that the season after? If thats the case, I can see Moyes going all out to win the Europa.

Yes.

I think that proposal isn't worth much unless they stop the practice of allowing teams eliminated from the Champions League into the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Is this supposed to constitute an argument?

Your hero is sticking his two fingers up to Man U.

Is that clueless?

Your hero...listen to yourself, have you re watched the incident? How can it be a two footed tackle when he didn't even have a trailing leg, do you understand physics? There is this thing called momentum, look it up.

You can't recall WBA players doing anything, you've obviously not watched any of the game but hey when you have The Sun why would you need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    My Dad I say barely throws 50quid on football over a season but he has 3 euro ew on Hull to win the cup at 100/1. The place bet is looking good, although could be twist in that semi.

Cant believe City got beat today. Wigan are Citys bogey team.

If Arsenal dont win Cup the Arsenal forum will be fun for days

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Someone mentioned the idea of a swap with RVP and Falcao. WOuld that not leave the same kind of problem there is already, with Falcao up top and Rooney in the number 10?

Welbeck and Rooney did work way better together than RVP and him, but I don't think we could rely on Welbeck for goals if Rooney got injured and RVP sold.

It's possible he's sold during the summer, but he would need to be replaced by a back up striker. A player better than Welbeck and Hernandez but not that expensive either. Could also just promote someone from reserves/youth as a 4th choice - Henriquez/Wilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    I have serious love for Falcao. I really think the guy is class act.

But he did just do his Cruciate. So I am very weary about buying him on that basis.

• Advertisement

But he did just do his Cruciate. So I am very weary about buying him on that basis.

I believe a similar thing happened to Van Nistlerooy when we were going to sign him. I think his injury was caught on camera during a training session and you could hear him screaming when he landed after jumping for a header. Glad we went back for him after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Brilliant player, would love to sign him all the same. Talk he's back for the World Cup though

Brilliant player, would love to sign him all the same. Talk he's back for the World Cup though

It would be a poorer World Cup without him.

Class player.

Far better than RvP

We still won't know what way Moyes is trying to take the team until a few more signings are in

He could buy someone like Falcao with RVP leaving in the summer and go 4-4-2 like City, with Mata doing what Silva does and then buy a winger and midfielders

The easiest transition with the players we have is 4-2-3-1, because if RVP leaves, I think there's a chance he will, Rooney can go up top with Januzaj, Mata and Kagawa behind. We have all of the players there so we would only need to buy maybe one, Januzaj isn't ready yet I don't think and if Nani leaves another player to play in that 3 would be great. We obviously need midfielders, we'll probably get Carvalho and a bigger name. Then a left back and a centre back.

Neville said he thinks there'll be 4 or 5 players coming in, so I think two midfielders, a left back, a centre back and an attacker.

It would be a poorer World Cup without him.

Class player.

Far better than RvP

Did RvP sh1t on your bed,piss in your cornflakes or ride your missus?

Your hate for him today is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No

I would have used:

-Petty
    -Embarrassing
    -Childish
    -Ruining the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    leave-britney-alone-o.gif
    Leave RVP Alone

article-2576874-1C2738E000000578-272_634x535.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Poll almost 50-50 ... how long mods going to keep it up? indefinitely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

irishfeen wrote: »

The thread is almost at 10,000 posts and it will be closed then along with the poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

We still won't know what way Moyes is trying to take the team until a few more signings are in

The easiest transition with the players we have is 4-2-3-1, because if RVP leaves, I think there's a chance he will, Rooney can go up top with Januzaj, Mata and Kagawa behind. We have all of the players there so we would only need to buy maybe one, Januzaj isn't ready yet I don't think and if Nani leaves another player to play in that 3 would be great. We obviously need midfielders, we'll probably get Carvalho and a bigger name. Then a left back and a centre back.

I would have Kagawa and Mata definite. I think we need a player with pace with those two and I would say Reus would be the ideal player to play alongside them. Januzaj would be cover for the three and get his share of games.

Also we need a middle of the park player to play alongside Fellani. Carrick just isnt good enough. Put a good middle player with Fellani next season and you would see a much better team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No

It will be something else tomorrow, only comes in here to stir something up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    irishfeen wrote: »

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sacramento wrote: »
    I believe a similar thing happened to Van Nistlerooy when we were going to sign him. I think his injury was caught on camera during a training session and you could hear him screaming when he landed after jumping for a header. Glad we went back for him after that!

:eek:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

No
    Hate the sound he made when he hits the ground, he knew straightaway it was serious. Excellent player and on one of my trips to OT I had the privelage of seeing RVP score a hat trick against Southampton. Will always be one of my favorite United players

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    Not really following why people are jumping on the 'sell RVP' thing. He's not the first player to be unhappy. Yes, his forms dipped and he was lucky yesterday, but I say give him a chance. If this continues until the summer then yeah maybe selling him is smart. But he's still a top class forward.

4th is long gone for us, but it would make for a bit more exciting of a run-in if both Utd and Spurs got home wins next weekend. Spurs playing Arsenal of course, the Gunners with a tough tie this Tuesday vs Bayern Munich, 5 days preceding the Spurs match.

The unlikeliest of victories for us next weekend vs Liverpool will see us move within 8 points of them. Likewise a Spurs victory over Arsenal would also see us move within 8 points of the Gunners. After next weekend's games, Arsenal will still have to play Chelsea, City, Everton as well as potentially tricky games against West Ham, Hull, Newcastle and Norwich.

Liverpool have it slightly easier by my reckoning, with Spurs, City and Chelsea all at Anfield, as well as games against West Ham, Newcastle and Norwich. With their current form and the way they've been playing and scoring for most of the season, Liverpool would need to implode at an unprecedented rate to lose a top 4 spot in the remaining 10 games or so. Arsenal are not as solid in my opinion.

If Moyes puts out a team vs Liverpool with a similar line-up and tactics to the last 2 league games, then we honestly will have a decent chance at getting some kind of positive result at Old Trafford next Sunday. However, I just can't be sure that he won't send out a team with a defensive mindset and a 'hard to beat' mentality. The last 2 league games should have been the light that Moyes long needed to see, but unfortunately a team line-up next Sunday featuring Valencia and Young, with Cleverley in in place of a benched Fellaini cannot be ruled out.

stankratz wrote: »
    4th is long gone for us, but it would make for a bit more exciting of a run-in if both Utd and Spurs got home wins next weekend. Spurs playing Arsenal of course, the Gunners with a tough tie this Tuesday vs Bayern Munich, 5 days preceding the Spurs match.

The unlikeliest of victories for us next weekend vs Liverpool will see us move within 8 points of them. Likewise a Spurs victory over Arsenal would also see us move within 8 points of the Gunners. After next weekend's games, Arsenal will still have to play Chelsea, City, Everton as well as potentially tricky games against West Ham, Hull, Newcastle and Norwich.

Liverpool have it slightly easier by my reckoning, with Spurs, City and Chelsea all at Anfield, as well as games against West Ham, Newcastle and Norwich. With their current form and the way they've been playing and scoring for most of the season, Liverpool would need to implode at an unprecedented rate to lose a top 4 spot in the remaining 10 games or so. Arsenal are not as solid in my opinion.

If Moyes puts out a team vs Liverpool with a similar line-up and tactics to the last 2 league games, then we honestly will have a decent chance at getting some kind of positive result at Old Trafford next Sunday. However, I just can't be sure that he won't send out a team with a defensive mindset and a 'hard to beat' mentality. The last 2 league games should have been the light that Moyes long needed to see, but unfortunately a team line-up next Sunday featuring Valencia and Young, with Cleverley in in place of a benched Fellaini cannot be ruled out.

It's crazy to think that with a front 6 of Fellani, CARRICK, Mata, rooney , Adnan and RVP and people are talking about getting something at HOME to the pool.

They should be coming to us terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

You cant give a player a little credit in here it seems these says without people giving it large on the whole "you swear he was new George Best, Keane, Stam, Cantona" type crap coming out.

Nobody is saying Fellaini is new masterclass, its just he played well and shown of his Everton after slow start this season.

Fellaini cant do anyting right yet when certain players score their only goal of season we have to listen how this all of sudden makes them great.

Was that directed at my comment about Fellaini? If you read the post I responded to the guy was saying his mates had been on to say he'd been right all along about Fellaini. Top player blaa blaa blaa. This after one good game v WBA. Seriously some people must have very low expectations of a 28m player if that's all it takes to have them singing his praises.

Fellaini has been completely underwhelming in most games he's played. Has a lot to prove. Don't think that's an unfair comment to make.

• Advertisement

Gonna be weird with us in the role of "game raising cnuts" at the weekend.Same team as yesterday will be ideal but I fear the re-introduction of Valencia (for his defensive ability) & Cleverley (for his La Liga standard passing) with Young (for his skill at cutting inside & over hitting crosses).

Hopefully the penny is dropping with Moyes that we aren't Everton & playing to win is the norm instead of playing not to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No
    We already beat Liverpool at home this season, no reason why we can't again, we need some positivity around here

The game next week should be a great watch anyway, the way this season has gone you'd almost guarantee Liverpool a win but as we've seen in past seasons anything could happen

Seeing United go 8 points behind would surely make them a little nervy with 9 games to go. They haven't experienced much pressure this season so the last 9 games we should be aiming to keep it pumping on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    Valencia and Young would be one thing, but I'd be shocked if Fellaini doesn't start. I shouldn't be but I just can't see Moyes being that foolish.

This is the first time in years that the pressure has been on Liverpool to get the result. Hopefully we can rise to the occasion as they have done against us so many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Off topic.

Lately, whenever I clock 'View First Unread' on this thread it bring me to the last post in the thread as opposed to the last post I had not seen.

Is this happening to anyone else and is there a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

TheDoc wrote: »
    Wow. Who was calling him the next Roy Keane ?

For those with a bit more understanding of the game over watching MOTD highlights...recognise we signed a terrific DM...one of the best in the league.

Our domestic signings usually always pay off. Stop start season for Fellaini...with a good run of games will be sure people who were doubting him will change their tune.

Got to watch the match in full today. 4-2-3-1 looks to be what Moyes wants to do. And he thinks Fellaini is a major cog in that system.

Nice to see essentially where he wants to bring the club...away from wingers and 4-4-2 and into a much more dominant system that is easily applied home/away and in Europe.

Good finish to the season using that and.he will get himself a lot.of breathing space.

Just because I don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean I've a poor understanding of the game.

I also don't think most people believe we've signed a terrific DM. I think the jury is out on him as a DM.

IMO he's not quick enough over a few yards to close players down. Fouls excessively, and is not a great passer of the ball. I think in the PL he can be a real asset but in Europe, where refs are more whistle happy, he will cost us in time.

My opinion, could be wrong, hope I am as Utd would be stronger but I can't see it on the evidence so far.

• Advertisement

Chagan wrote: »
    Valencia and Young would be one thing, but I'd be shocked if Fellaini doesn't start. I shouldn't be but I just can't see Moyes being that foolish.

This is the first time in years that the pressure has been on Liverpool to get the result. Hopefully we can rise to the occasion as they have done against us so many times.

14 points ahead and they are cruising. 8 points and that changes. Finishing where they did last season the expectations for this season weren't that high, so they weren't under pressure to get wins, they have just taken the league at their own pace.

But now that it's on the final stretch, they have a lot to lose, piling the pressure on them in these last 9 games should be our aim. Who knows, they might crumble under it. It's all we have to hope for now, however little chance there is of it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No
    Delighted to see Fellaini impose himself with a bit more confidence. I thought he was very solid for us yesterday.

I understand he's already a seasoned premier league player so he should in theory have settled immediately for us but we're starting to see glimpses of what he can do for us now. Im really looking forward to seeing him become an important player for us, and IMO it will happen sooner rather than later.

Besides, how many games has he played for us since he joined? With his injuries it cant be much more than 10 or that way?

I don't know and maybe I'm just being stupid but if we got beat pool and city I just have this feeling we will somehow get 4th... call me crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

As some posters alluded to already its very worrying to see how the shape of the squad is developing for next season. At the moment Vidic is definitely gone, Chico looks like he could be gone, Kagawa would be mad not to want to go, Nani is probably off and possibly RVP could be off. Meanwhile CLeverley gets a new deal! What has Moyes been watching this season . Cleverley is not up to standard and should be shown the door. I ve an awful feeling we re going to have clear out of the wrong type this summer and be left with the same rubbish that we ve had all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

No
    Keno wrote: »
    Off topic.

Lately, whenever I clock 'View First Unread' on this thread it bring me to the last post in the thread as opposed to the last post I had not seen.

Is this happening to anyone else and is there a fix?

It's the bloody poll. If you vote it breaks view first unread except on mobile.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement