Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

n32 wrote: »
    As some posters alluded to already its very worrying to see how the shape of the squad is developing for next season. At the moment Vidic is definitely gone, Chico looks like he could be gone, Kagawa would be mad not to want to go, Nani is probably off and possibly RVP could be off. Meanwhile CLeverley gets a new deal! What has Moyes been watching this season . Cleverley is not up to standard and should be shown the door. I ve an awful feeling we re going to have clear out of the wrong type this summer and be left with the same rubbish that we ve had all season

Evra and Rio aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

s.welstead wrote: »
    It's the bloody poll. If you vote it breaks view first unread except on mobile.

Bloody Polls. Coming in here, taking our 'View First Unread' abilities away...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No
    s.welstead wrote: »
    It's the bloody poll. If you vote it breaks view first unread except on mobile.

I voted on the poll and I'm not having that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I don't know and maybe I'm just being stupid but if we got beat pool and city I just have this feeling we will somehow get 4th... call me crazy
    Snl-so-freakin-excited.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

As some posters alluded to already its very worrying to see how the shape of the squad is developing for next season. At the moment Vidic is definitely gone, Chico looks like he could be gone, Kagawa would be mad not to want to go, Nani is probably off and possibly RVP could be off. Meanwhile CLeverley gets a new deal! What has Moyes been watching this season . Cleverley is not up to standard and should be shown the door. I ve an awful feeling we re going to have clear out of the wrong type this summer and be left with the same rubbish that we ve had all season

tbh,
    Vidic is past his best, as is rio and evra imo
    Im suprissed chico didnt leave already
    Nani hasnt played much
    where do you play Kagawa?

as much as people bemoan Cleverley getting a new deal youre not going to find a player thats content at being injury cover that isnt either inexperienced or ****. he a cheaper option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Former PL referee Graham Poll believes that Van Persie should have been sent off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2576941/GRAHAM-POLL-Manchester-United-pair-Marouanne-Fellaini-Robin-van-Persie-sent-off.html#ixzz2vVblzJ4m
    van Persie should have been sent off by Jon Moss for a rash tackle on Steven Reid just a few minutes after he had been correctly cautioned. The Dutchman knew he was in trouble; he jumped up insisting that he had played the ball. He had but was certainly not in control of his forward motion and the follow through wiped Reid out.
    Had he not made contact with the ball he should have had a straight red card, as he did, a yellow card was appropriate and therefore a red for a second cautionable offence.

Hard to disagree with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Everyone in this side is expendable bar maybe De Gea - RVP included. The best 20 minutes we've seen this year has been when he was subbed on Saturday. He's a great player but he's had a mixed bag of injuries and poor form this season. He'll be 31 at the start of next season too. If he wants to leave then I think we should let him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Keno wrote: »
    Off topic.

Lately, whenever I clock 'View First Unread' on this thread it bring me to the last post in the thread as opposed to the last post I had not seen.

Is this happening to anyone else and is there a fix?

I'm having the same problem. I didn't vote so it's not that and it only happens on this thread.

Ye're fairly tearing through this thread anyway so won't be a problem for much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Former PL referee Graham Poll believes that Van Persie should have been sent off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2576941/GRAHAM-POLL-Manchester-United-pair-Marouanne-Fellaini-Robin-van-Persie-sent-off.html#ixzz2vVblzJ4m

:DThe same Graham Poll who didn't understand that 2 yellows in 1 game for Josep Simunic = A red card.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    :DThe same Graham Poll who didn't understand that 2 yellows in 1 game for Josep Siunic = A red card.

Yea . . Well that's a nice piece of whataboutery there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Seriously, what is your obsession with trying to bring this up all day while blatantly ignoring that Foster should have been sent off much earlier

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Red Crow wrote: »
    He'll be 31 at the start of next season too. If he wants to leave then I think we should let him go.

Again its not just a small matter of "letting him go"

Can't see Utd getting back near the £24mil fee and RVP has every right to stay and collect the ~£28mil his contract states owed over the remainder of it.

Signing such an injury prone player for big fee and wages is never a good thing, and the club/fans knew the risks, but in saying that I don't think he is finished (far from it) and lots if other players I would be looking at rather than a player who less than 12 months ago single handily played a massive role in giving you's another PL title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Agueroooo wrote: »

Can't see Utd getting back near the £24mil fee and RVP has every right to stay and collect the ~£28mil his contract states owed over the remainder of it.

Signing such an injury prone player for big fee and wages is never a good thing, and the club/fans knew the risks, but in saying that I don't think he is finished (far from it) and lots if other players I would be looking at rather than a player who less than 12 months ago single handily played a massive role in giving you's another PL title.

The word is 'ye' good sir,
    Not 'you is'

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Not 'you is'

Im a Dub.

'Ye' aint in my vocabulary :)

Im a Dub.

Sorry for your troubles mate...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Not 'you is'

I think 'ye' is only supposed to be used when the subject being discussed is muck, GAA, farming or badly sun burnt necks

Not 'you is'

"Two yutes"

High five for everyone who got the reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Who will pick van Persie up? Maybe a Chelsea, Real Madrid, Monaco, PSG, Inter etc. We're not going to have to pay anyone to take him. He may not get £250k a week if he wants to leave but he'd probably be willing to take a hit to play in the Champions League.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Who will pick van Persie up? Maybe a Chelsea, Real Madrid, Monaco, PSG, Inter etc. We're not going to have to pay anyone to take him. He may not get £250k a week if he wants to leave but he'd probably be willing to take a hit to play in the Champions League.
    If RVP goes it will be to a club outside England...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Im a Dub.

Of course, only having a bit of fun :P

Of course, only having a bit of fun :P

No offence taking ye bőllox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

No
    irishfeen wrote: »
    If RVP goes it will be to a club outside England...

Yep. He would never be as disloyal as to move to another prem club!

No offence taking ye bőllox.
    No you see that "ye" is out of context - good grief man, get with the Culchie lingo :D

I think its the case that United would prefer to let him rot on the bench then to strengthen a direct PL opponent - deals from United to Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. have been/are totally non existent over the years.

No
    I think its the case that United would prefer to let him rot on the bench then to strengthen direct PL opponents - deals from United to Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. have been/are totally non existent over the years.

Yep. Chelsea don't consider ye rivals at the top table, hence the mata deal.

• Advertisement

notsureifserious.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Subtlety eludes you :pac:

Aye but maybe they are stupid enough to have forgotten that there might actually be a 2014/2015 season too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No

What has that got to do with United not selling to the clubs mentioned?

No
    Aye but maybe they are stupid enough to have forgotten that there might actually be a 2014/2015 season too....

Maybe. But as you say, its unusual to sell one of your top players to another rival.

But I won't lose any sleep if it comes back to haunt chelsea!

• Advertisement

Maybe. But as you say, its unusual to sell one of your top players to another rival.

...and don't you worry, come back to haunt Chelsea it will and I will enjoy every single second of it - Our day will come again! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Will Galway bate Mayo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

anything to be said for a pre match match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Will the No side pull ahead before thread closes? :)

Will Galway bate Mayo?

Tune in next week to find out. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

No
    We are staying up
    say we are staying up!!

We are staying up
    say we are staying up!!

I dunno Kew. Nearly 1am. Might hit the hay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Lallana would be a good signing IMO, didn't someone post a few months back about Utd being in advanced talks to sign Lallana in January (didn't happen) or summer?

Also, we should definitely go all out for Shaw. Looks a class act, potential to be first choice for 10-15 years. He might prefer Chelsea, but there's always a chance. The fact that Azpil plays LB now means signing Shaw would cause a problem. LB Shaw/Cole/Azpil RB Azpil/Ivanovic. Unless Chelsea plan on selling a cb and moving Ivanovic in to compete with Terry/Cahill/Luiz.

If he joins Chelsea, Cole probably comes available. Anyone for a free transfer move?

No
    Keno wrote: »
    Tune in next week to find out. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

I have William Doziers voice in my head now. Thanks:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

We won yesterday so the glory hunters are back in to change their votes to keep him......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No

Vidic is past it, he's no loss. We need to buy 2 CB's in the summer though. The injury problems this season highlight the need for 5 CB's in the squad. Buy 1 world class one to play alongside Jones and a squad CB.

Chico again is no loss. Easily replaceable squad player. Never proved himself as anything more than an impact sub player. Very likeable guy but a mediocre CF and nowhere near the level of Solskjaer as an impact sub.

Kagawa would be a genuine loss. He deserves a proper run. Probably won't get one.

RVP wouldn't be a huge loss as long as the right players are bought in the summer. We're forced into playing Rooney as number 10 because of him which keeps Kagawa out of the team and Mata and Kagawa out of the number 10 spot.

I'd prefer to see Kagawa kept and RVP sold.

Cleverlys new deal is around 60k a week, probably more than he deserves but not big money by our standards. He's a squad player, not a great one but he helps make up the English numbers in the squad and will be fine alongside better talent in the easier Europa/Champions league and cup games.

It's all down to who is bought in the summer but with the huge money we have available and the prestige of the club it shouldn't be a problem to attract the players that we need. Especially when they are guaranteed first team positions. Something they won't get at a lot of other clubs.

We need to buy 2 CB's, 2 CM's, 1 LB, 1 versatile WB, 1 AM (2 if Kagawa or Nani go) and 1 striker if both RVP and Chico go.

I could see Powell definitely coming back into the team. Possibly Lingard as well. They should be solid squad options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Maybe Chelsea don't see the club in 6th as a rival? They may be rivals next year or at some other time in the future, but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No
    in for a rude awakening next sunday. west brom were awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    Lallana would be a good signing IMO, didn't someone post a few months back about Utd being in advanced talks to sign Lallana in January (didn't happen) or summer?

Also, we should definitely go all out for Shaw. Looks a class act, potential to be first choice for 10-15 years. He might prefer Chelsea, but there's always a chance. The fact that Azpil plays LB now means signing Shaw would cause a problem. LB Shaw/Cole/Azpil RB Azpil/Ivanovic. Unless Chelsea plan on selling a cb and moving Ivanovic in to compete with Terry/Cahill/Luiz.

If he joins Chelsea, Cole probably comes available. Anyone for a free transfer move?

No. Just no. I would hate to see Cole anywhere near United. On top of that his best days are beyond him. If we're going for an English LB it should be Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

No
    Would be very happy if Lallana and Shaw came in the summer - Lallana is a very talented player on the ball and seems quite versatile as well, can play in a lot of roles.
    Hope to God these Alex Song rumours are just that - rumours.

No
    kstand wrote: »
    Would be very happy if Lallana and Shaw came in the summer - Lallana is a very talented player on the ball and seems quite versatile as well, can play in a lot of roles.
    Hope to God these Alex Song rumours are just that - rumours.
    I'd rather Song than Lallana, far superior player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

No
    I'd rather Song than Lallana, far superior player.
    ? Did I just read that correct? He was an average player at Arsenal - and they were more shocked than anyone to Barca showed any interest in him - on top of that he was supposed to be a bad influence in the dressing room. He hasn't got the feet Lallana has isn't fit to lace his boots. Barca realised their mistake and he has only played a handful of times. If the extent of our summer transfer ambitions include Song, the most we can hope for is the consolidation of our current position next season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement