Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

yabadabado wrote: »
    Vidic will go down as a club legend and owes United nothing but does anyone else think it would have been better for this to be kept quiet until the end of the season .

Not sure if it is going to make an awful lot of difference to be honest. While it may or may not have been widely known, I'm sure the group will have known for a while, even if it was just rumoured.

Perhaps it may even make the rest of the CB's at the club raise their game with a view to staking a claim for a more regular starting place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

No
    Is it a fair comment to say that United would be in the top four this year easily if Jose took over last summer?

In my opinion it would have 100% been the case but no point thinking a about it now. Ship has sailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Liverpool 1 up dear god.

Just on the discussion about Vidic, and how good he was for United.

I'd have Rio in his prime ahead of him, but he's a very close second.
    For me Rio was a fantastic footballer, composed, quick, talented, and like someone said above his reading of the game (i suppose combined with his pace) meant that you never really seen him throwing in last ditch tackles or the like.
    I miss how good the two of them were together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    No catching Liverpool this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Liverpool 1 up dear god.

2 up now. Oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Gunners falling apart at Anfield. 3-0 pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Make that 3!!! Why couldn't we play like this there unbelievable to watch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

No
    Why cant we play like this at old trafford.

• Advertisement

No
    markc91 wrote: »

Because they have a manager with an actual game-plan, that has been fine-tuned for a year.

We've got a manager who likes getting to the byline.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Its getting out of hand now,the Pool are starved,cant beat hunger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

No
    4-0

That Liverpool squad is no better than ours yet United wouldn't play like this if their lives depended on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Its why Liverpool deserve 4th and will be getting it this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

markc91 wrote: »

Make that 4. Jesus Christ Arsenal. U had one job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Fair play to Liverpool they thoroughly deserve 4th place this season.

• Advertisement

No
    Don't care how petty it is, but this result just makes me want to see Moyes sacked even more.

We will never achieve football even half as attractive as this with that dinosaur in charge, and we have players that could play nice football if coached properly.

Don't tell me that the likes RVP, Rooney, Mata and Januzaj should be reduced to lumping it upfield and chasing aimless crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The difference is that Liverpool's midfield is the base of every attack

Our midfield aren't capable of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Liverpool deserve 4th spot this year. No Champions League next season at Old Trafford which will make signings a bit more difficult. The likes of Moura, Hazard etc had chosen other clubs over united in last couple of years when we were in Champions League so the name isn't everything.

We'd have to hit a serious run of form to catch Liverpool, which is very unlikely. Liverpool, it pains me to say, have played exciting football this year and are now a better team than united.

What a difference a year makes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    The difference is that Liverpool's midfield is the base of every attack

Our midfield aren't capable of that

Ya they way they set up it suits Gerrard down to the ground,he can just sit back and let the rest do the work.

Playing great stuff it has to be said,been a long time since Utd gave teams that kinda of thumping's at home on a regular basis,id say it was back in the Ronaldo days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No
    That's 4th gone now IMO.Unless liverpool totally capitulate and we play out of our skins for the remainder of the season.

another nail in our champions league coffin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭bren2001

I am not buying into this no CL football. We all knew Liverpool play well against big teams but drop points against the smaller teams, West Brom is the perfect example. If we win tomorrow the gap will still be seven. There is a long way to go. Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

I think we will finish above Arsenal, IF we win tomorrow & beat them on Wednesday then we are 9 points behind them and they have an outrageous run of fixtures coming up

United, FA cup game against Liverpool & euro cup games against Bayern in February.

Spurs,Chelsea,Man City & Arsenal all back to back in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I think we will finish above Arsenal, IF we win tomorrow & beat them on Wednesday then we are 9 points behind them and they have an outrageous run of fixtures coming up

United, FA cup game against Liverpool & euro cup games against Bayern in February.

An Arsenal collapse is possibly plausible, but its the United putting a run together part that i dont see happening. Our form is worse than awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Arsenlol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

U have to say Liverpool deserve 4th above us this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    When you add their goal difference Liverpool will be 11 points ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

You said you'd finish above Chelsea last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

They have to lose 3 to 4 games and we have to win all games. Not a chance that is going to happen.

Johner wrote: »
    You said you'd finish above Chelsea last week.

No i didnt, i said if we had Van Persie & Rooney fit all season we would up there in and around the same point mark of Chelsea

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    They have to lose 3 to 4 games and we have to win all games. Not a chance that is going to happen.

No chance of arsenal being 4-0 down after 20 mins at Anfield...oh wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If United can win tomorrow and beat Arsenal next week, the gap to them will be 9 points. They could well drop another 6 to City and Chelsea. Forget Liverpool, could United get 4th over Arsenal? :pac:

Stranger things have happened in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No
    bren2001 wrote: »
    I am not buying into this no CL football. We all knew Liverpool play well against big teams but drop points against the smaller teams, West Brom is the perfect example. If we win tomorrow the gap will still be seven. There is a long way to go. Stranger things have happened.

Except Liverpool haven't dropped that many points to bottom half teams, they've more than United have against those exact same teams anyway. Keep beating the top 7 teams at home like we are doing and the odd draw or loss wont matter anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

No chance of arsenal being 4-0 down after 20 mins at Anfield...oh wait

Freak 20 mins is lot different than a marathon. Do you really believe we will win all our games?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    Gotta love the optimism of some people.

I can see us winning maybe 6/7 more games this season at best. I hope i'm wrong but i'm basing this on how we have played so far with no evidence of us being able to play any better.

Liverpool are nailed on for 4th this season now, and truth is they deserve it. There's is no way our form is good enough to claw back that gap now.
    They will be ten points clear after today, granted with one more game played. Their goal difference is not going to be matched by us. We have the bottom team in the league at home tomorrow, and I'd be very surprised if we match Liverpool's haul against the top side.

Depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

No
    Liverpool might be winning but how many times did they reach the byline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    Is it a fair comment to say that United would be in the top four this year easily if Jose took over last summer?

I think having jose at the helm would have seen more transfer activity.

In saying that i really hope moyes succeeds but at the moment its not looking good for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No
    I still dont think we are gonna see massive transfer activity this summer...

And the money we would need to spend to get the players we need is astronomical

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No
    Lol, pool 5-0 up!

Wtf are Arsenal at today?? It's like they have collectively bent over and applied their own lube.

We better see a convincing performance against Fulham tomorrow or so help me I'll.......

....Probably just come on here and moan like a little b1tch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I still dont think we are gonna see massive transfer activity this summer...

We most definitely are imo. Wait and see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

No
    We most definitely are imo. Wait and see!

I really doubt we're going to see the kind of investment that some on here are hoping for i.e a cm or two, a forward, a lb and a cb or two. I'd say it's much more likely to be addressed in stages dependant on who's available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    :o if this true..
    The former PSV Eindhoven star had already been a transfer target for United when he first joined Roma last summer for €19m (£15.8m).
    La Gazzetta dello Sport claims the Old Trafford club made another attempt to sign Strootman in January, offering €25m (£20.8m).
    However, it was rejected and it’s reported Roma told United emissaries they “wouldn’t even sit down” to a negotiating table for less than €40m.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/serie-reports-manchester-united-strootman-bid-rejected-135003121--sow.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No
    Chagan wrote: »
    4-0

That Liverpool squad is no better than ours yet United wouldn't play like this if their lives depended on it.

One of the main differences is that Liverpool have oodles of pace up front ,Utd have hardly any.

Almost no chance of Utd getting fourth now,anything bar a victory at Arsenal on Wednesday night and its all over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Don't know if that result in the Pool vs Arsenal game could have been less what I wanted to see.

Liverpool win against a team you'd hope they'd drop points to, score a tonne of goals in the process, and leave Arsenal wounded going into a game against us, also giving City and Chelsea a chance to go above them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Don't know if that result in the Pool vs Arsenal game could have been less what I wanted to see.

Liverpool win against a team you'd hope they'd drop points to, score a tonne of goals in the process, and leave Arsenal wounded going into a game against us, also giving City and Chelsea a chance to go above them :(

Likelihood of getting 4th have gone from slim to zero now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hmm odd one that result. Was expecting an Arsenal victory, thats mental stuff.

Liverpool still have City, Newcastle and Chelsea to contend with, so poitns still to be dropped. Liverpools problem have always been dropping points to the minnows anyway.

If Arsenal dont shape up, they could be in a spot of bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

No i didnt, i said if we had Van Persie & Rooney fit all season we would up there in and around the same point mark of Chelsea

Yes you did.
    This is why Chelsea wont win the league. To sell Mata to a rival & bring in Matic/Salah instead of a striker was stupid. Mourinho is a top top manager but he may have cost his team the title. Ba, Torres & Eto'o are not going to get you the league goals to win a title. We'll finish above Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    Macheda makes it 3 goals in 2 games for the Brummies. Wonder if he will stay in England. Off for free in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    The only good thing to come out of this season if we finish 5th or lower would be Moyes sacking.

No amount of Summer transfers could improve us enough under him next year to challenge for the Title. I am pinning my hopes on Klopp coming in, only cause I can't see any other realistic option with better credentials. I also have a good feeling that players would want to play for him. And it would be guaranteed excitement.

At this stage I think 5th is even a challenge. Pathetic really.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement