Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    God, I'd love Klopp...

bftxxqtcuaaxt6o-large.jpg
    klopp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

No
    Nice couple of results there, Southampton dropping two points and Newcastle three, nice to get some breathing room for seventh spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No
    God, I'd love Klopp...

bftxxqtcuaaxt6o-large.jpg
    klopp.jpg

David-Moyes-photobombs-another-fan-2952125.png

our guy does it aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

God, I'd love Klopp...

because he has a sense of humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

"David Moyes is a fantastic manager," said Rooney.
    "I worked with him at Everton and for a number of months at United. He's done everything he can, but it's the players that have to do better and hopefully we can do that."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26100567

Can't wait for this season to be done and see all the under performing players leave. As much as Moyes, players should also be blamed for this farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    Zaha starting for Cardiff in the Welsh Classico ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    Nice couple of results there, Southampton dropping two points and Newcastle three, nice to get some breathing room for seventh spot.

And here we have the most depressing post I've ever read on this forum.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    And here we have the most depressing post I've ever read on this forum.

:(

You shouldnt even bother replying to a chelsea fan trying to stir the pot. Dont waste your time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    user2011 wrote: »
    Zaha starting for Cardiff in the Welsh Classico ;)

He's rubbish, doesn't get to the byline enough in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There's more of a chance of an Arsenal collapse than Liverpool at this stage, the team seem píssed Wenger didn't buy a striker, Özil couldn't care less, Liverpool are untouchable at the moment.

It's probably too late to make up 15 points, but 3 tomorrow an 3 midweek would leave us just 9 points off with 11 games left.

I wouldn't care about Liverpool finishing 3rd as long as we get in 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hmm odd one that result. Was expecting an Arsenal victory, thats mental stuff.

Liverpool still have City, Newcastle and Chelsea to contend with, so poitns still to be dropped. Liverpools problem have always been dropping points to the minnows anyway.

If Arsenal dont shape up, they could be in a spot of bother

I think Liverpool have vastly improved their record against clubs you'd considered "minnows" this season apart from losses to Hull, Southampton and the draws with Villa and WBA. The games against Chelsea and Manchester City are at Anfield and judging by Liverpool's home form they look good to take 3 points.

United on the other hand are doing terrible against the minnows. That's where traditionally United win titles, being any to beat those other sides week in and week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No
    Augmerson wrote: »
    I think Liverpool have vastly improved their record against clubs you'd considered "minnows" this season apart from losses to Hull, Southampton and the draws with Villa and WBA. The games against Chelsea and Manchester City are at Anfield and judging by Liverpool's home form they look good to take 3 points.

United on the other hand are doing terrible against the minnows. That's where traditionally United win titles, being any to beat those other sides week in and week out.

United are terrible against everyone.

Zaha working hard up and down the line, must have been the worst trainer on the planet.

I think we'll see RVP, Rooney, Mata and Januzaj all start tomorrow

I'm not sure how that would turn out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

I actually think we would be better off finishing 6th that 5th, the Europa league is a pain in the hole. Thursday night games away from home will do us not good in our quest to re-claim the title next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

dubmick wrote: »
    I actually think we would be better off finishing 6th that 5th, the Europa league is a pain in the hole. Thursday night games away from home will do us not good in our quest to re-claim the title next year

6th place will also get Europa this year if (likely) Man City win the Capital One Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Champions league spot for the winners from next year onwards iirc. Who needs top 4 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

dubmick wrote: »

Reclaim the title?!?! If moyes is still in charge it'll still be quest for top 4.

No
    I'd happily take the EL spot over nothing; it's still extra money, would give the kids some first team but easier games to play and if a new manager comes in, it's a very easy games to get some good results :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

We need to be going into the Liverpool game with max, a 6 point gap between us. When we beat them at OT we are right back in it then. We are going to drop points, we will lose games. But I can see Liverpool going on a poor run of maybe 4 or 5 games.
    They have a tricky 6 game period which includes Southampton AWAY, United AWAY, Cardiff AWAY, West Ham AWAY, and Spurs at HOME. They will drop points. If they dont, they may finish 3rd and as someone said Arsenal may even drop to 5th! They are notorious for throwing things away in the last 10-15 games.
    Lots of football to be played and I dont think it will be decided until the last kick of the season! Once Mata, Rooney, and RVP start to click someone is going to get a hiding. And it may just spark a good run for us.
    Just one small distraction however, CL!! Oh how id love to win it and qualify for next season :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

In all honesty lads why would some posters think we will sack Moyes if we miss out on a top 4 position. Fergie would have egg on his face and its not the sort of club we are

billyhead wrote: »
    In all honesty lads why would some posters think we will sack Moyes if we miss out on a top 4 position. Fergie would have egg on his face and its not the sort of club we are

Look how well Rodgers is doing. His first season was similar, get rid of the dead wood, bring in the players you need, and now hes seeing the results. His first season was not great. I think he finished 7th. Similar managers, not won anything or have any great experience. Ill stick by Moyes for 3 season at least.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    Devil08 wrote: »
    We need to be going into the Liverpool game with max, a 6 point gap between us. When we beat them at OT we are right back in it then. We are going to drop points, we will lose games. But I can see Liverpool going on a poor run of maybe 4 or 5 games.
    They have a tricky 6 game period which includes Southampton AWAY, United AWAY, Cardiff AWAY, West Ham AWAY, and Spurs at HOME. They will drop points. If they dont, they may finish 3rd and as someone said Arsenal may even drop to 5th! They are notorious for throwing things away in the last 10-15 games.

Is this the Arsenal that have always finished in the top 4, that are having their best season in years and you think they are going to throw things away? Maybe they'll throw the title away and finish 3/4 but people need to face facts.
    For united to finish 5th, they need to get lucky. 4th - not even an option in my mind. I will gladly be proved wrong just can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Want to get in first, Monk to replace Moyes! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Lots of football to be played and I dont think it will be decided until the last kick of the season! Once Mata, Rooney, and RVP start to click someone is going to get a hiding. And it may just spark a good run for us.
    Just one small distraction however, CL!! Oh how id love to win it and qualify for next season :D

Quick give us them lotto numbers also :pac:

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Quick give us them lotto numbers also fella :pac:

8 (mata) 10 (rooney) 11 (Giggs) 20 (RVP) 4 (4th Place) and a number for next season (21)

theres your six numbers, now go do it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Want to get in first, Monk to replace Moyes! ;)
    Congratulations, the other 100 or so posters clamouring to get that line in first must be well pissed off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    The same Arsenal side that played the last 16 games of last season losing 1 and drawing 3

Can't wait for the fall off the cliff they have. (
    NOT HAPPENING :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

No
    Look how well Rodgers is doing. His first season was similar, get rid of the dead wood, bring in the players you need, and now hes seeing the results. His first season was not great. I think he finished 7th. Similar managers, not won anything or have any great experience. Ill stick by Moyes for 3 season at least.

Just Rodgers finished similar to what Liverpool were usually at, Moyes has taken us backwards in leaps

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

8 (mata) 10 (rooney) 11 (Giggs) 20 (RVP) 4 (4th Place) and a number for next season (21)

If this comes up tonight your brain will explode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No

Yeah cause thats the exact same as whats happening at United. Nice try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

We don't know this though.

We have not had this situation in over 20 years. The world of football has changed so much since then. At that time football clubs in general were a lot more patient and chairman, on the whole, would have been much less trigger happy. Today, clubs are businesses and less time is afforded if things arent going right.

I'm not saying we are a club who sack managers after 1 bad year but we have no real precedent to say that we arent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Hehe, i suppose we can all dream.

No
    I fear there'll be people on here on the final day of the season, Liverpool way ahead of us, and they'll still be going "Nah, we'll catch them, they'll drop points sooner or later!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    im still surprised people still think we have a chance of 4th or higher tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

No
    I must say, I am a massive Ozil fan, but after watching him today and in a few other games this season I don't think he would have been a great signing for United. Just goes missing a lot. Maybe he needs more time to get used to the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    Headshot wrote: »
    im still surprised people still think we have a chance of 4th or higher tbh.

I'm always amazed that people still think we are about to go on a good run of games, when absolutely nothing about this season has suggested that we are going to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm always amazed that people still think we are about to go on a good run of games, when absolutely nothing about this season has suggested that we are going to do so.

Currently our new definition of a run of games is to win 2 in a row.We should win handily tomorrow but watch as we do the exact opposite on Wednesday night to what Liverpool did to Arsenal today.Traditionally Arsenal crumble when put under pressure and are attacked at pace,look at how we've beaten them before by playing a high pressure game against them,these days it's different as we allow even the poorest teams time to play against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26100567

Can't wait for this season to be done and see all the under performing players leave. As much as Moyes, players should also be blamed for this farce.
    Rooney said the same stuff earlier this season and it didn't do much to motivate the team.
    I think we'll see RVP, Rooney, Mata and Januzaj all start tomorrow

I'm not sure how that would turn out
    Don't think we will. Fulham are God awful, Moyes will try to get away with resting a few before the Arsenal game. I wouldn't disagree with that approach either.

Who cares if Fergie has egg on his face? I'm a Man United fan, not an Alex Ferguson fan (don't take that out of context, he's still a legend and all that...).

Why should we be concerned if Fergie gets his feelings hurt because the club sacked his incompetent buddy? It's what is best for United.

United >>> Fergie's pride.

How many game have we had Rooney and RVP together for? Now they are back, and we have mata, also fellaini due back, we have every reason to be optimistic about our run in. People just far too pessimistic on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

No
    How many game have we had Rooney and RVP together for? Now they are back, and we have mata, also fellaini due back, we have every reason to be optimistic about our run in. People just far too pessimistic on here

I'm sorry but there's no reason to be optimistic with the way this season has unfolded so far.

• Advertisement

No

We've heard this too often.

Ah just wait for Carrick to come back.
    Ah just wait for the transfer window.
    Ah just wait for RVP to come back.
    Ah just wair for RVP and Rooney to play together.

It's not so much pessimism as being tired of excuse after excuse...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I swear if I don't see RVP, Rooney and Mata all on the team sheet tomorrow I'll fcuking explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I swear if I don't see RVP, Rooney and Mata all on the team sheet tomorrow I'll fcuking explode.

Stop with all this utd talk lets get back to talking about liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    I'm going to go crazy and say we will win 3-0 tomorrow.

No
    niallo27 wrote: »
    Stop with all this utd talk lets get back to talking about liverpool.

Lol @ your post just now in Arsenal thread. Harsh man!

No
    I'd worry we'll see some players being rested tomorrow ahead of Arsenal. Januzaj hasn't played much recently, so let him start. Be shocked if both RVP and Rooney do though.

Also worry that some of the players might not want to be harsh on Rene and cost him his job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No

Also worry that some of the players might not want to be harsh on Rene and cost him his job...

Please say that was a joke

No
    I'd worry we'll see some players being rested tomorrow ahead of Arsenal. Januzaj hasn't played much recently, so let him start. Be shocked if both RVP and Rooney do though.

I know what you mean about Rene but if there is a chance to win 6 or 7 nil then we have take it even for moral alone.

Can't see it being that easy for us. 3-0 win would feel like 6-0 in old good days the way things are at minute.

Let's just hope for a win

It'll still be the same old style with a midfield of Carrick and possibly Fletch, ball played out to the wings at every opportunity, but it's been somewhat effective against the really shít teams so it should work tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

FutureGuy wrote: »

With arsenal on Wednesday I'll be surprised if they all start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement