Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No
    sunday papers with some odd stories this week.

Pogba and Vidal being linked in a double move for 60million - I reckon Pogba alone will go for near that once PSG get involved (nailed on for them imo)

Shaw being linked for 20million or so - another I don't think we have a chance with, nailed on for Chelsea imo.

Coleman being linked for 20million+. I like him, but given the amount of players we will have to buy, I can think of a better use of our time and money than trying to price a right back off Everton.

Some Ajax defender also being linked - no nothing about him myself so not going to comment.

Dieog Costa also being linked. Great striker but can only think a move for him (or Cavani) are precursors to RVP leaving in the summer - don't see how we could add another AAA forward to the ranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Let me guess the Mail have the Pogba Vidal Link?

No
    Let me guess the Mail have the Pogba Vidal Link?

just checked - correct!

They are pointing at a 100million 'war chest'. I do hope it is more, I don't think 100million will be enough to get all the players (at the quality level) it looks like we are going to need.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

With arsenal on Wednesday I'll be surprised if they all start.

Imagine if he rests one and we drop points :-D

No
    just checked - correct!

They are pointing at a 100million 'war chest'. I do hope it is more, I don't think 100million will be enough to get all the players (at the quality level) it looks like we are going to need.

We have some chance of Vidal although the whispers were that he told United he wanted CL football or it ain't on.

Pogba is a no hoper in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

No
    I'm at the stage where i think no matter who we sign we're still going to be sh!t. I like Moyes and feel sorry for him at times but this just isn't working and i don't think now it ever will under him.

No
    We have some chance of Vidal although the whispers were that he told United he wanted CL football or it ain't on.

only heard the CL proviso on here, from you, myself. Though I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it is true (you'll note that reasoning mentioned a lot by me with regards to HAVING to buy some players in key positions in January).

At the same time, I do hope we can convince players to sign based on the players we are signing, if you get me. Ie. We may not be in the CL this season, Arturo, but we believe with yourself, Rooney, RVP, Mata, Reus, Kroos and... etc, we'll be going to the PL title this season and in the CL next season'. It is an argument that has worked (along with oodles of cash) for Monaco.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    Honestly, I think that argument only works if you combine it with "....and surely you want to work with our world class new manager as well!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Going o/t for a second, Balotelli got subbed off with about 15 mins to go for Milan and then started openly crying on the subs bench. Mental.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

No
    Going o/t for a second, Balotelli got subbed off with about 15 mins to go for Milan and then started openly crying on the subs bench. Mental.

Racial abuse apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    Devil08 wrote: »
    How many game have we had Rooney and RVP together for? Now they are back, and we have mata, also fellaini due back, we have every reason to be optimistic about our run in. People just far too pessimistic on here

Blind optimism is not a good thing.

We had Carrick, Rooney, Felliani and RVP for the first ten games of the season and we were every bit as turgid then as we have been all season since.

Then we had Carrick, Rooney, RVP and Mata for the Stoke game and guess what, it was the same turgid rubbish as every other game this season.

We are going to beat Fulham tomorrow because they are utter ****e, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking it is the dawn of a new era, there is still nothing about our tactics, our performances or most of our players that suggests we are about to go on a good run of games.

No
    Honestly, I think that argument only works if you combine it with "....and surely you want to work with our world class new manager as well!"

Claudio Ranieri?

No
    Claudio Ranieri?

I meant more for the United case as opposed to the Monaco one...though I still think Ranieri would be a bigger draw than Moyes...

EDIT: Actually, was thinking of the wrong guy....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Following on from a conversation with a mate today. How would Henderson do in a United midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Vidal sounds like an absolute tosser who could cause mayhem in dressing room and Pogba ain't coming back.

No
    Following on from a conversation with a mate today. How would Henderson do in a United midfield?

Can he pass a ball forward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No

Fletcher like for me. All heart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Can he pass a ball forward?

When he's not playing alongside Gerrard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

We should be starting our best team every game possible over the next few weeks to try get some momentum. No point resting players for the next game when we need to win them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

We should be starting our best team every game possible over the next few weeks to try get some momentum. No point resting players for the next game when we need to win them all

Agree. With the likes of Rooney, van persie, januzaj, mata, vidic and more all available we should be playing them all to get them to adapt to a certain type of gameplay(counter attack/offense preferably). 4th place looks like a long road from where we are now and relying on other teams to drop points isn't gonna help how united are currently playing. If I see cleverly in 2moros lineup, I'll seriously s**t bricks. F**kin hate that chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

sea_monkey wrote: »
    Racial abuse apparently

Can you support that? Reports from Italy suggest otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Vidal sounds like an absolute tosser who could cause mayhem in dressing room and Pogba ain't coming back.

What are you basing this on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

No
    mitosis wrote: »
    Can you support that? Reports from Italy suggest otherwise.

i can support the apparently part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Expect a big win 2mrw. Fulham are poor especially away from home. Very slim hopes we'll make the top 4 now but time to kick on

No
    Shane St. wrote: »
    Expect a big win 2mrw. Fulham are poor especially away from home. Very slim hopes we'll make the top 4 now but time to kick on

I'm hopeful of a big win, especially with Mata as my captain in ff but that's where my expectations lie now; with ff rather than real life.... sad face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I thought Rooney was going to sign a new contract?

Spotted at the bridge!

LWWsDWI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No
    Keno wrote: »
    I thought Rooney was going to sign a new contract?

Spotted at the bridge!

LWWsDWI.jpg

That's some set of balls

No
    The more I see that photo the more that Rooney one looks like ex of mine.

Does not say much for my standards back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No
    That's abit low lads.

Hoping Rene isn't back to haunt us tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I don't see any problem in playing 2 games 3 days (with 2 days complete rest) when we don't have game on weekend. We have so much time to get back to full fitness, so midweek game shouldn't be an issue.

Also we should take 1 game at a time and what we need now more than anything is Rooney, RVP, Mata and Januzaj clicking together, so we should give them as much time as possible on the field together.

Edit: Btw, anyone hoping to see Januzaj in the midfield 3? Like Coutinho played against Arsenal and Everton in the midfield 3. Januzaj's finishing is very good so playing him bit deeper might be waste of his talents but we need someone who is not afraid to play passes behind defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    I don't see why Kagawa isn't given a go in midfield. Can he really be any worse than Cleverley?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm going to go crazy and say we will win 3-0 tomorrow.

Hull beat Fulham 6-0 in around 45 minutes of football, it's not crazy..

No
    dfx- wrote: »

Man United ain't no Hull!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

dfx- wrote: »

If we go 1-0 up, we will stop playing and start defending deep .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Moyes is taking the squad to Dubai for 5 days after the Arsenal game.

• Advertisement

No
    He'll probably have them doin laps of the desert.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

mewe wrote: »

I'm really excited about today's game. Really hope we put in a good performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

mewe wrote: »

We wouldn't want the little paupers doing that would we.

The rags are saying that Vidic is leaving because he wanted a two year deal & was only offered one year.

No
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm really excited about today's game. Really hope we put in a good performance.

I hope so too but at this stage gettin hammered by Fulham at home wouldn't even surprise me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    Post by and Arsenal fan in the Liverpool forum:
    Enjoy it pool fans.

See you in a week.

On another note. I've been tooting for you guys all year. I like your club, find you entertaining and generally full of character and think the league and CL benefit from having a strong pool team. Overall I think Liverpool have probably gotten the toughest backlash from the emergence of moneybags teams like city and Chelsea. No way you guys belong outside the top four.

All that said, stay classy and all that. Yeah 5 goals deserves a jibe or two but I feel as teams we're kind of on the same side.

What the hell is this crap? It's the online equivalent of a half scarf twat.

No

Ha ha! Football friend.

In the Times,Moyes having a dig at Rene saying that he didn't keep the old coaching staff at Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    Discodog wrote: »
    In the Times,Moyes having a dig at Rene saying that he didn't keep the old coaching staff at Fulham

He said it at Fridays press conference, it wasn't a dig, it was more defending his decisions to let Fergies staff go, he also said that he asked Rene to stay on, must be a slow news day

No
    Slight difference in quality and achievements between Fulham and United though...

Don't see the problem.

Shows he's not bitter I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Don't see the problem.

You don't see the problem with an arsenal fan telling a bunch of Liverpool fans that they're on the same side?

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Match thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88910947#post88910947

The others who started the recent ones had no better luck than me but continuing our run of win,loss,win,loss means we are due a win today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Don't see the problem.

A Liverpool fan posting about an Arsenal fan being 'friends' in the United thread.
    ImC0dmt.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

You don't see the problem with an arsenal fan telling a bunch of Liverpool fans that they're on the same side?

Jesus.

WHOOP-DE-DOO.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement