Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Sure we all know that ;-)

Pity Fellaini isn't around for today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    She has nice boobies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm really excited about today's game. Really hope we put in a good performance.

Would love to see Rooney, RVP, Mata and Januzaj starting but I think we will see Young or Welbeck playing as LW.

Would love to see something like Rooney or Januzaj playing infront of midfield 2 to form midfield 3. I'm really impressed with how Coutinho played in that role for Liverpool against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Brother going to the game today (on me) - here's hoping for a decent performance and more importantly a bloody win - its like we have been stuck on fcuking 40 pts for an age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If we don't get CL next year, which is looking likely, we won't need as a big a squad as we normally do. So it's not doom and gloom if we lose the likes of Vidic, Rio, Evra etc from a depth perspective. Strong side plays PL, rest players for everything else.

As long as we do decent business in the summer, it won't be a disaster if we are a bit light at one of the fullback positions or whatever and add more in the winter or following summer.

We need two midfielders, a left back, a centre back and maybe a winger this summer. Left back needs to be a starter, one top class midfielder needed at least. Centre back is for cover unless we can get somebody top class like Hummels (unlikely).

I'm not sure we need a whole lot up front or on the wings. Just start playing our best players and drop Valencia. RVP up front, 3 behind him from Mata, Rooney, Januzaj, Kagawa, Young, Welbeck. But if we can get a winger in there it would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Would love to see Rooney, RVP, Mata and Januzaj starting but I think we will see Young or Welbeck playing as LW.

Would love to see something like Rooney or Januzaj playing infront of midfield 2 to form midfield 3. I'm really impressed with how Coutinho played in that role for Liverpool against Arsenal.

That's the position I think Rooney would be at his best, although its also where Mata would be most comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    I can see van Persie being rested with Rooney up front and mata in behind him, Valencia and januzaj on the wings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

If we don't get CL next year, which is looking likely, we won't need as a big a squad as we normally do. So it's not doom and gloom if we lose the likes of Vidic, Rio, Evra etc from a depth perspective. Strong side plays PL, rest players for everything else.

As long as we do decent business in the summer, it won't be a disaster if we are a bit light at one of the fullback positions or whatever and add more in the winter or following summer.

We need two midfielders, a left back, a centre back and maybe a winger this summer. Left back needs to be a starter, one top class midfielder needed at least. Centre back is for cover unless we can get somebody top class like Hummels (unlikely).

I'm not sure we need a whole lot up front or on the wings. Just start playing our best players and drop Valencia. RVP up front, 3 behind him from Mata, Rooney, Januzaj, Kagawa, Young, Welbeck. But if we can get a winger in there it would be nice.

That's alot of shopping in one window. Its unlikely that every transfer will pay off either.
    Add in the fact that its a World Cup summer which will mean it might be later in the summer by the time clubs get down to business of trashing out and finalising deals with the selling club and with the player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Hidalgo wrote: »
    That's alot of shopping in one window.

Unfortunately it has to be done. We need at least 4 world class players added to our squad if we are to have any hope of winning the league next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hidalgo wrote: »
    That's alot of shopping in one window. Its unlikely that every transfer will pay off either.
    Add in the fact that its a World Cup summer which will mean it might be later in the summer by the time clubs get down to business of trashing out and finalising deals with the selling club and with the player
    I kind of clarified later. Required: Left back, midfielder, centre back for cover. The other couple of positions would be nice but not crucial, especially without CL football.

3 signings in a window isn't much tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

3 signings in a window isn't much tbh.

For City or Chelsea, no. For Utd, transfers seem to be a big challenge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    We have spent wow I does activeLy trying to get a new left back and failed, so why would it be easier next window when we have lost CL football AND it's a World Cup year? :S

It's now going to require more money and more work to bring in what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We have spent wow I does activeLy trying to get a new left back and failed, so why would it be easier next window when we have lost CL football AND it's a World Cup year? :S

Moreno will leave Seville in the summer, he could come to us or go to Madrid in which case Coentrao will be available.

Shaw is most likely going to move in the summer, probably going to Chelsea but we can still be in for him.

Porto will be more willing to sell players in the summer and they aren't in a position to turn down good offers, Sandro is a good option.

I expect a bid for Coleman in the summer also.

It's all about the money, if we spend it we'll get the players we want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Thought this was good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    This might be a heart breaking day. If this isn't a convincing win I just won't be satisfied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Post by and Arsenal fan in the Liverpool forum:

What the hell is this crap? It's the online equivalent of a half scarf twat.

Why didn't you ask this in the thread the post was in then?

No
    monkey9 wrote: »

Are you new to the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    monkey9 wrote: »

Cas it would probably cause a shítstorm tbh

I think you knew that already though

Are you new to the internet?

Tremendous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

No
    GSPfan wrote: »
    This might be a heart breaking day. If this isn't a convincing win I just won't be satisfied.

tbh i dont really care about the result,imo 4th is gone
    what i want to see is a tactical change/awareness,a good performance,a bit of cohesion and players passing,moving,making themselves available and driving forward,if we do all that results will come.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

irishfeen wrote: »
    Brother going to the game today (on me) - here's hoping for a decent performance and more importantly a bloody win - its like we have been stuck on fcuking 40 pts for an age.

40 is enough to stay up though 

Trilla wrote: »
    Cas it would probably cause a shítstorm tbh

I think you knew that already though

So he just randomly puts it in this thread instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No
    40 is enough to stay up though 

<snip> wasn't me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

As a matter of interest, who we do we all prefer wins the league? City or Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Keno wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, who we do we all prefer wins the league? City or Chelsea?

man united.

No

Arsenal.

Both those options make me sad.

No
    City. (Less supporters of said club in my life.)

Joke. The thoughts of any of them winning makes me sick.

No
    What would it take for the club to sack Moyes?
    Surely anything less than 4th is a monumental failure but it seems like people expect him to be given time anyway.
    But what if we finished 6th or 7th? Which is where we have been all season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    Chelsea.

It's a no brainer. City closest rivals (Leeds would be but they're thankfully not in it). Chelsea only recent ones. You don't want to have to walk around Manchester and see city as champions. Trust me on that!

No
    It would take 2 years of non qualification for the champions league for moyes to be sacked imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What goes on in other threads by other posters has no real relevance to this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I said before I thought United would need 75-100 million to rebuild. With Vidic on the way out and possibly other older squad members it is looking more like the 100 million mark.

Prices will go up. Clubs will try wrangle a few million more out of United now because they can and know United need replacements. Also a WC year so after the tournament if you buy prices go up. If United lose CL football it's harder still to attract talent.

I don't think Moyes is the man I'd give 100 million to. I'd love to be proven wrong because I admire what he did at Everton but this is something else.

No
    GSPfan wrote: »
    What would it take for the club to sack Moyes?
    Surely anything less than 4th is a monumental failure but it seems like people expect him to be given time anyway.
    But what if we finished 6th or 7th? Which is where we have been all season.

7th maybe, might get him sacked. I can't see it happening, club will be too stubborn to admit the mistake and sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

No

Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

It would take 2 years of non qualification for the champions league for moyes to be sacked imo

What is this opinion based on?

I would like Arsenal to win but failing that, probably City. They seem to have transformed themselves into a less hateable club this season. Must be the lack of Mancini.

I suspect it's based on Utd not being a reactionary club.

No

2 years loss of revenue from not qualifying for it would be too much for the glazers, especially if they're bankrolling a summer spending spree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Arsenal - they stuck with the manager who kept his belief of trying to play attractive attacking football. They deserve at least another title and with united out of the running, i'll be quietly cheering them on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

BgCZbYfIYAAORbV.jpg

Moyes is just a walking excuse at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

To hell with the apprehension, I'm going for 6-0. Come on ta f*ck! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    Ya sure lucky is the reason why we wont be getting 4th, ya its luck alright

No
    To hell with the apprehension, I'm going for 6-0. Come on ta f*ck! :D

I'll stick to what we know this season.

A bumbling 2-1 win with an awful final 15 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    jambofc wrote: »
    tbh i dont really care about the result.

I get your point, but would add one caveat. Fulham are a shambles lately, we should and probably will be beating them easily.

But if we don't? If United lose to Fulham today then enough is enough for Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Seen on Twitter that Kagawa has been training as a CM the last few days. Whether that'll be tried today or not is hard to know, or whether it'll be tried at all.

Would it mean Carrick/Fletch and Kagawa? Can only see it happening today if we've a comfortable lead.

For some reason I think the game will be tougher than a lot think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭bren2001

Rene knows all the players, every strength and weakness of each. I can see today being a lot harder than people think. I still think we will win but in our usual fashion this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

No
    And the ball has been doing a lot of floating too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

He's been training Fulham the last few months and doesn't seem to know their strengths and weaknesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Spurs just scored. need a draw. cmon everton!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

No
    Id like to see this at some point in the season

De gea

Raf evans vidic evra

Felliani carrick
    Kagawa
    Rooney mata
    Rvp

That side imo is good enough to take any in the league

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.