Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No
    I suspect it's based on Utd not being a reactionary club.

You say that like "reactionary" is a bad thing. Reacting to a mistake is a positive thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I suspect it's based on Utd not being a reactionary club.

The precedent we have for this dates back to the late eighties/very early nineties. Times are different now
    2 years loss of revenue from not qualifying for it would be too much for the glazers, especially if they're bankrolling a summer spending spree

I meant as opposed to 1 year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

No
    The precedent we have for this dates back to the late eighties/very early nineties. Times are different nowThe precedent we have for this dates back to the late eighties/very early nineties. Times are different now

Also the expectations back then were VASTLY different.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

#mufc v @FulhamFC starting XI: De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Mata, Carrick, Fletcher, Young; Rooney, van Persie

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

substitutes: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Giggs, Valencia, Kagawa, Januzaj, Hernandez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

No
    Almost the perfect team bar Young

No
    does that mean Mata is going to be out on the wing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

bedrock#1 wrote: »
    substitutes: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Giggs, Valencia, Kagawa, Januzaj, Hernandez.

whats the formation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

No
    Apart from young its the side most people would have wanted id say. Hopefully now we can actually win this comfortably and take the likes of rvp off later for Arsenal Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    A real pity to see Young starting, ugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    bedrock#1 wrote: »
    #mufc v @FulhamFC starting XI: De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Mata, Carrick, Fletcher, Young; Rooney, van Persie

Mata? Good.

Rooney? Very good.

Van Persie? Great!

Now finish the quartet with Januzaj....

Young ಠ_ಠ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Anyone here got a star streams account if so could you pm me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Headshot wrote: »
    A real pity to see Young starting, ugh

in all honesty he hasnt been playing that bad recently. links up nicely with evra. hoping the formation is a 4-2-3-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No
    Young has probably been our best player over the last 2 games. You can roll your eyes at nearly everybody in that lineup tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    The precedent we have for this dates back to the late eighties/very early nineties. Times are different now

I meant as opposed to 1 year!

We can afford 1 year out of the champions league, 2 and you won't attract any big names to the club, moyes won't be sacked this season or during the summer, if performances continue like they are into next season that's a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Young is there to provide cover for Evra as well as attack

He's so predictable though it just ruins the team, it's either down the wing or cut inside to shoot. It leaves our team out of shape as Mata will be coming inside to try and create while Young is lumping balls into RVP from out wide

We can afford 1 year out of the champions league, 2 and you won't attract any big names to the club, moyes won't be sacked this season or during the summer, if performances continue like they are into next season that's a different story.

To me, given the squad he inherited, not getting in the top 4 is inexcusable. We aren't getting that and i don't see what he has done, or how we are improving, to warrant a further year

Young is there cause Moyes wants at least 1 wide player who will get crosses in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

ician wrote: »
    does that mean Mata is going to be out on the wing?

Never played as winger for ManUtd. He played centrally both games.

• Advertisement

No
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Never played as winger for ManUtd. He played centrally both games.

my mistake then, I saw a heat map which showed he spent most of the game on the right.

Not sure why Young is getting so much stick, it's shame that Januzaj is not starting but Young played well in the last 2 games. At least it's young rather than Valencia.

ician wrote: »
    my mistake then, I saw a heat map which showed he spent most of the game on the right.

Can you post the heat map?

I checked in 2 sites (whoscored.com and soccernet) and both showed he played centrally. You don't even need heatmap, it was there for all to see. Apart from few mins where he drifted to wings he played all game centrally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Not sure why Young is getting so much stick, it's shame that Januzaj is not starting but Young played well in the last 2 games. At least it's young rather than Valencia.

He's one of the fashionable players to mock now ala cleverley & valencia isn't he? If he's not anymore could someone let me know, I want to know whether I can chastise him during the game and still be cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    He's one of the fashionable players to mock now ala cleverley & valencia isn't he?

They aren't mocked because its fashionable, they're mocked because they are shlte.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

Can you post the heat map?

I checked in 2 sites (whoscored.com and soccernet) and both showed he played centrally. You don't even need heatmap, it was there for all to see. Apart from few mins where he drifted to wings he played all game centrally.

Looks like Young played mostly on the left in the last game according to statzone
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2013/matches/695138/player-stats/18892/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

• Advertisement

Looks like Young played mostly on the left in the last game according to statzone
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2013/matches/695138/player-stats/18892/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

I was talking about Mata..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm quite happy for Young to start tbh

I was talking about Mata..

sh1t, sorry. he was totally in the middle and then with the injuries went further up the pitch

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm quite happy for Young to start tbh

With Arsenal in a couple of days as well, could make a difference having a few players rested. I was expecting a weaker team today. Maybe Kags and Cleverly for Rooney and Fletcher.

But happy with this team today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No
    Spine tingling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

No
    united_zpsdc401f7c.png

No
    Oh what a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

No
    zorro2566 wrote: »
    Oh what a surprise!

Fulham park the bus..then. one attack... Goal. Groundhog day

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No
    Fulham park the bus..then. one attack... Goal. Groundhog day

Funny how people see things.

United as predictable as ever attack down the wings and cross it in Fulham clear. Repeat.

Fulham break quickly one good pass goal. This is easy for them and they have set up brilliantly.

No
    At what point do united think, hang on we lost again, do we stick with moyes? Will they with him if we go down cos we are in relegation form?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

The ironic part is Meulensteen should probably be sitting in the other dugout beside Moyes destroying Fulham now.

No
    lordgoat wrote: »
    Funny how people see things.

United as predictable as ever attack down the wings and cross it in Fulham clear. Repeat.

Fulham break quickly one good pass goal. This is easy for them and they have set up brilliantly.

I'm not a fan of our constant one dimensional wing play in every game but today with the way Fulham are som compact and playing 11 men behind the ball it doesn't look like we have a choice

No
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    The ironic part is Meulensteen should probably be sitting in the other dugout beside Moyes destroying Fulham now.

No he shouldn't, he decided to leave of his own accord

No
    I'm not a fan of our constant one dimensional wing play in every game but today with the way Fulham are som compact and playing 11 men behind the ball it doesn't look like we have a choice

Nonsense, you can cut team apart and draw them out with quick passing and pressing. We have no tempo. Fulham are happy to let us have the ball wide, watch how they track runners and push players wide and down the channels.

Every attack we have had so far has been a cross into the box. Except maybe carricks shot which came from a cleared cross.

I reckon you could organise a team of highly trained gibbons to defend how we play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Back to our awesome crossing game I see.

• Advertisement

No
    Nonsense, you can cut team apart and draw them out with quick passing and pressing. We have no tempo. Fulham are happy to let us have the ball wide, watch how they track runners and push players wide and down the channels.

Every attack we have had so far has been a cross into the box. Except maybe carricks shot which came from a cleared cross.

I reckon you could organise a team of highly trained gibbons to defend how we play.

We are pressing and passing the ball well, Fulham aren't being drawn out hence my reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

zorro2566 wrote: »
    At what point do united think, hang on we lost again, do we stick with moyes? Will they with him if we go down cos we are in relegation form?

40pts by Feb is hardly relegation form. Relax! Plenty more games to go including today's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No
    This is the most disappointed I have felt all season with our play. If anything we could have experimented against this team but no. We are disgusting to watch now.

We're making Fulham look like fcuking Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Agueroooo wrote: »

I find it ironic when people don't know what irony is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

This season is really affecting my quality of life.

No
    We are pressing and passing the ball well, Fulham aren't being drawn out hence my reply

Tempo. We are not moving the ball quick enough or accurately enough.

The first ball into the box from Mata that's not across = our best chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I assume the idea behind buying Mata was to offer something different,
    i.e the ability to play killer balls between CBs or between a FB and CB for RVP or Rooney.

No
    Tempo. We are not moving the ball quick enough or accurately enough.

The first ball into the box from Mata that's not across = our best chance.

Fair point

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The gf, sitting beside me playing flappy bird, just said...

"United are like flappy bird. Sometimes they'll get far but most of the time they just fall on their face"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No
    Young crossed instead of cutting in on his right ugh **** sake!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement