Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod Warning: Post #7871

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

No
    Well deserved boos at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    **** off Moyes. Just **** off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I won't even bother stating the obvious, he has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No
    So Moyes backers, what you think of that? Have you come to your ****ing senses now and demand he goes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

No
    Speachless....

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Battered a team, finally get in front and then sit back off them. Moyes has to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

No
    That match thread is a no go now.

I'm not even angry they only drew, they deserved nothing from that game. poor poor tactics, morale must be at rock bottom. Disillusioned with whats going on atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No
    I think Moyes really has to get the sack after that. His players are not playing at a high enough level imo. Having Rooney, RVP and Mata all fully fit and only managing to score two goals against a pathetic Fulham team is just not good enough for Manchester United.

While I think Moyes is a good Premier League manager its becoming very clear he is not up to a job of this magnitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    Thanks a lot, Ferguson.

Headshot wrote: »
    So Moyes backers, what you think of that? Have you come to your ****ing senses now and demand he goes?

The only people who should want him to stay have been vindicated. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

No
    Get out Moyes you clueless twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

No
    What excuse will the Moyes fans peddle out now? He's just not good enough and he should be sacked before tomorrow if he hasn't walked by then. He's taken the squad so far backwards it's incredible. A poor, poor manager, not good enough for a club of this stature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No
    Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. He has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No
    Hard to explain how painful that 90 minutes was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

No
    Another note,

I creep here more than post, it's interesting seeing more and more posters call for Moyes to go each week... I'm still undecided myself, he has shown zero willingness to try new tactics or formations.

Just blooding Januzaj and signing mata aint gonna cut it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

He should be sacked but he won't and he should walk but he won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No
    Well I'm done defending him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No
    The club is a shambles, has been all summer and all season.

Someone on the board needs to man up and set the wheels in motion.

#moyesout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Hardest 95 min watch I can remember... what can you say? ... just speechless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Unbelievable I can't believe we have gone from winning the league buy 12 points to being an absolute shambles. Always knew when fergie left that the next manager was never going to be an instant success but never expected this. Can't imagine the board can allow this farce to continue to much longer......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Leaving the match thread,there's more Liverpool fans in there now than there was in their match thread yesterday.

No
    In all my years of watching utd, I have never seen us playing this anti football as I call it. Its disgusting football and should be no where near our club. Lob the ball forward from the defence and cross from every angle, this is anti football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

Another awful performance and result, i can't say i didn't expect anything else performance wise. Moyes is clearly out of his debt and clueless. Moyes has to go now before we get any lower. Absolute no chance of 4th place, forget about it.

If Moyes was sacked who comes in now at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No
    That's enough for me now. I wanted the man to do well, I was prepared to give him a chance but how he had the team play today was beyond a joke.

He needs to be sacked but he won't be because of the amount of blind support he has at board level.

4th is gone now. Moyes needs to be gone too, the club deserves better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No
    So come on then.

"When Rooney and Carrick and Van Persie are back we will go on a run for fourth".

Some people on here need to stop kidding themselves. ****ing disgraceful performance against a woeful team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

No
    We wont get 5th/6th with Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No
    Traps Ireland had more variation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Quaint wrote: »
    Another awful performance and result, i can't say i didn't expect anything else performance wise. Moyes is clearly out of his debt and clueless. Moyes has to go now before we get any lower. Absolute no chance of 4th place, forget about it.

No point in even asking that, he will be here no matter what next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Quaint wrote: »

Billy Piper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No
    zerks wrote: »
    Leaving the match thread,there's more Liverpool fans in there now than there was in their match thread yesterday.

Ah well, we got to take our kicks now. We dished them out for long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No
    He won't be sacked with Arsenal midweek, not sure if he will even get sacked at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No
    Anyone still defending Moyes at this stage has pretty much lost any credibility.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    Game after game and you think, you know, finally... There is no lower we can go. We can kick on from here and get some points. But nope. More inelegant, more tactical idiocy, worse defending, no ideas. It's shambolic.

To spend £65million while leaving Kagawa on the bench and somehow still not addressing the midfield and defensive over issues (that yous have all seen for the last few years) is inexcusable. It's pointless having a front 4 like RVP, Rooney, Mata and Kagawa if you're not going to let them play. Incredible stuff really and one wonders how long before the likes of Neville cracks, actually thought he was going to today, sounded disgusted at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No
    This is ****ing basic **** ffs!. Where after digging out a win for ourself s there by attacking the team. As soon as we go in front the team stops who the **** decides this? surely it's common sense u keep playing the way that's winning you the game.

That kinda bull**** has cost us so many points this season basic simple tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭crushproof

Long time reader long time lurker. Rarely comment but my word, after today's performance I've slide into the Moyes out brigade.
    I've been defending him down the pub every week but todays performance was woeful. So much for the "once we get RVP and Rooney back alongside Mata we'll be unstoppable"..... ugh, I don't know what to think.

No
    whats the betting he'll blame luck again and the old we played good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I was on the give him time side but....I don't know now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

The f**k just happened....speechless. Over 80 ****ing crosses, over 24 attempts and we had ****in 80% possession against the worst team in the league, and the result-2 ****in all. Tactics need to change. Moyes sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No

Everybody just say yes to this :-)

I want him gone even if we won today - against Fulham at home to play like that, regardless of how they set up. Awful.

Best team he had out this year and players fit - that showing was a big swing for a lot of patient/on the fence/Moyes backers...not coming to senses as u put it.

If that game today had happened in October/November there would be waaay more fans wanting a change.

Writing was on the wall a little bit but fůck me the whole wall and gate is painted at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

No
    Stunned .... dream stats, nightmare result. Hard to believe we are actually that poor.

At this stage 4th place is gone (I for one can't see us catching Liverpool of all people). Might as well start preparing for next season (playing Jones, Smalling, Evans at center back)

I refuse to believe the squad is actually this bad, something has to be wrong with the backroom staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Shows the level we are at Moyes celebrating like we scored the title winning goal against the worst club in the league. His reaction should have been 'about f*cking time'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

No
    I really don't know what to say anymore..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We could have Messi, Hazard and Ronaldo and it would not matter.

Moyes hasn't a fcuking clue. Mata out right. Why fcuking sign him?

I've been quite level headed but that was shocking. Fulham deserved a win and should have gotten it.

So that's it. Moyes out. Flag planted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

One thing noticeable for the late goal was that not enough people were back. Too many had committed forward for the attack, and midfield in particular didn't track back.

Shocking result, Arsenal will walk over United if tactics are the same.

whats the betting he'll blame luck again and the old we played good

Well yous were lucky with Carrick's deflected goal tbh. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No
    Hopefully they ask Moyes some tough questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'm amazed at the relaxed attitude of the United players after they went in front. Van Persie trying a cheeky chip in the last few minutes when a pass to Hernandez wan on and a player was overlapping? And Carrick's weak challenge for the ball that Sidwell won for the equaliser...just don't know what to say about that.

I feel bad for Moyes as that's just another shocking performance, also bizarre that Fulham managed to hold out for so long. But regardless a team playing with belief and purpose should not be conceding a goal to a knackered team in the last minute. Moyes can't get that belief into the team so I he has to go now just for the club to show they're attempting to save the season. It's not totally his fault but he has to take the hit. The players' attitudes just seem all wrong and without a good run of games to help turn that around getting in a new manager is usually the only way to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Traps Ireland had more variation.

I've said this several times,shocking stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement